FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Elbow bump

Elbow bump

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *errys OP   Man  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

I notice on tv, when politicians for instance, visit places such as factories they bump elbows with people instead of shaking hands as in pre covid times, obviously if done with an infected person the virus can be passed the to the next elbow etc. But my point is...

where does the social distancing law say you can do this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree. To elbow bump someone you are less than 2m from them!

"I agree. To elbow bump someone you are less than 2m from them! "

Not to mention the dozen or so blokes and ladies that can scrum down and grapple on a wet and muddy thugby field. That's what I call saving lives and protecting the NHS

"I agree. To elbow bump someone you are less than 2m from them!

Not to mention the dozen or so blokes and ladies that can scrum down and grapple on a wet and muddy thugby field. That's what I call saving lives and protecting the NHS "

Open air gangbangs ahoy!

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

It looks ridiculous

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

It’s an uncomfortable thing to watch. They should just say hello, that works well

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I agree. To elbow bump someone you are less than 2m from them!

Not to mention the dozen or so blokes and ladies that can scrum down and grapple on a wet and muddy thugby field. That's what I call saving lives and protecting the NHS "

They are all in a bubble and tested multiple times through the week. Any positive tests and games are cancelled. Similar to football and cricket and fight Island. Its all part of the protocols to get elite sports on.

It is a little us and them but I'm thankful for having something to watch and discuss on TV.

It's worth reading up on the sacrifices the cricketers for example make to ensure they retain the integrity of their bio bubble.

"It looks ridiculous "

Certainly does...perhaps it's only to protect the massive global audience, sponsorship revenues, advertising streams,channel subscriptions and whatever other financial benefits the likes of the RFU, FIFA, UEFA, Premier league, multiple betting companies

have enjoyed....whilst Sally the local hairdresser can't even book single clients in one at a time into her small salon.

Makes perfect sense

Isnt one of the pieces of advice that in the event you need to sneeze and you have no tissue.....you should sneeze into the crook of your arm? Thats awfully close to the elbow where you are recommended to elbow bump.

Tin town

"It looks ridiculous

Certainly does...perhaps it's only to protect the massive global audience, sponsorship revenues, advertising streams,channel subscriptions and whatever other financial benefits the likes of the RFU, FIFA, UEFA, Premier league, multiple betting companies

have enjoyed....whilst Sally the local hairdresser can't even book single clients in one at a time into her small salon.

Makes perfect sense "

I think that's a large part of it. It's also that the "professional" sporting world can largely be "trusted" because the penalties for breaking covid safe protocols are so huge. Sky for example would demand repayment where sports were unable to put programs on.. And that would have caused mass unemployment / furlough. One example was jofra archer last year who stopped in to see his mum while driving from one bubble in Southampton to the next England cricket bubble in Old Trafford. He put the entire one day series in jeopardy at a cost of 2m gbp. He was put into isolation for 2 weeks and fined as soon as it was discovered. Whilst I absolutely think at this point (and probably for 9 months) we should have been able to use technology better for those who are tested clean to be able to get on a bit more with others who have tested clean. We as a general public has shown all the way through this that give us an inch and we will take a mile so have to be protected from our own stupid selves.

Are you suggesting that the rigorous rules and guidelines are followed by EVERY 'elite' sportsperson? You give the cricketing example but if you consider the number of people involved in non international level sports but still classed as elite across Britain and ireland....not to mention europe that don't have the means or finances or indeed the will to follow these covid rules? There must be tens of thousands in britain alone from players, staff, coaches, kit carriers, physio people and logistics personnel to keep a tight reign on.

The NI premier leage for example is classed as elite. It's pretty tin-pot standard played by guys that are butcher, baker and candlestick makers that work full time but play football on saturday. Many of these players can be seen boarding busses, trains....I know for a fact that some are taxi drivers. They go around tesco etc with the rest of the population and do everyday stuff. But the games go ahead every weekend. Yes that's only my experience in a small country but if you consider ALL sports clubs and organisations across Britain and ireland that makes up a fair number of the population. And you can bet your ass that not everyone observes the bio bubbling that happens at the very top level.

Just look at live score dot com on the regular domestic Saturday fixture list. Hundreds of clubs in England, wales, Scotland, N Ireland and Ireland. Do you really believe that they all bubble-up?...and that's just football! Rugby, hockey, gaelic, horse racing, motorsport etc etc....most levels classed as 'elite sports' but certainly NOT when it comes to guidelines...

"Isnt one of the pieces of advice that in the event you need to sneeze and you have no tissue.....you should sneeze into the crook of your arm? Thats awfully close to the elbow where you are recommended to elbow bump. "

Aaaaachoo!

Tin town

"Are you suggesting that the rigorous rules and guidelines are followed by EVERY 'elite' sportsperson? You give the cricketing example but if you consider the number of people involved in non international level sports but still classed as elite across Britain and ireland....not to mention europe that don't have the means or finances or indeed the will to follow these covid rules? There must be tens of thousands in britain alone from players, staff, coaches, kit carriers, physio people and logistics personnel to keep a tight reign on.

The NI premier leage for example is classed as elite. It's pretty tin-pot standard played by guys that are butcher, baker and candlestick makers that work full time but play football on saturday. Many of these players can be seen boarding busses, trains....I know for a fact that some are taxi drivers. They go around tesco etc with the rest of the population and do everyday stuff. But the games go ahead every weekend. Yes that's only my experience in a small country but if you consider ALL sports clubs and organisations across Britain and ireland that makes up a fair number of the population. And you can bet your ass that not everyone observes the bio bubbling that happens at the very top level.

Just look at live score dot com on the regular domestic Saturday fixture list. Hundreds of clubs in England, wales, Scotland, N Ireland and Ireland. Do you really believe that they all bubble-up?...and that's just football! Rugby, hockey, gaelic, horse racing, motorsport etc etc....most levels classed as 'elite sports' but certainly NOT when it comes to guidelines..."

You're probably right. Shows what can be done with rigorous procedures... And yeah I accept your assertion probably not all of them are following all of them all of the time...i guess it's not that hard though.... Get tested.

. Minimise contacts... Stay away from others... Get tested... Repeat. Its a model thta could certainly be extended to more people.

Coukd we all trusted to do it and isolate when tested positive or in contact with someone positive... Very clearly not.

Tin town

"Isnt one of the pieces of advice that in the event you need to sneeze and you have no tissue.....you should sneeze into the crook of your arm? Thats awfully close to the elbow where you are recommended to elbow bump.

Aaaaachoo!"

Would you shake hands with someone of you've just sneezed into that hand? Pretty ghastly of you do.

"Are you suggesting that the rigorous rules and guidelines are followed by EVERY 'elite' sportsperson? You give the cricketing example but if you consider the number of people involved in non international level sports but still classed as elite across Britain and ireland....not to mention europe that don't have the means or finances or indeed the will to follow these covid rules? There must be tens of thousands in britain alone from players, staff, coaches, kit carriers, physio people and logistics personnel to keep a tight reign on.

Just look at live score dot com on the regular domestic Saturday fixture list. Hundreds of clubs in England, wales, Scotland, N Ireland and Ireland. Do you really believe that they all bubble-up?...and that's just football! Rugby, hockey, gaelic, horse racing, motorsport etc etc....most levels classed as 'elite sports' but certainly NOT when it comes to guidelines...

You're probably right. Shows what can be done with rigorous procedures... And yeah I accept your assertion probably not all of them are following all of them all of the time...i guess it's not that hard though.... Get tested.

. Minimise contacts... Stay away from others... Get tested... Repeat. Its a model thta could certainly be extended to more people.

Coukd we all trusted to do it and isolate when tested positive or in contact with someone positive... Very clearly not. "

And what you said there (and I respect) begs the question....why can't sally the hairdresser open up for one to one appointments with clients? I'm sure it's extremely difficult for various reasons for elite and not so elite sporting organisations to maintain covid security but not overly difficult for a sole trader to have regular checks and clean records to be able to operate securely. But then I suppose sally the hairdresser is only dealing in hundreds of pounds but all the top sports clubs, telly companies, sponsorship dealers, advertising agencies and bookmakers deal in millions and billions. So screw you little person trying to carve out a living! We're bigger, better and beyond the rules of 'stay at home'etc .... many tier system methinks

Elite Sports should also have been banned.

Firstly loads of COVID-19 in amongst their ranks and secondly it portrays completely the wrong image to the general public.

Scrums and close contact in Rugby and kissing and cuddling in Football.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

Fuck me, where not scared of an elbow bump now are we?

"Isnt one of the pieces of advice that in the event you need to sneeze and you have no tissue.....you should sneeze into the crook of your arm? Thats awfully close to the elbow where you are recommended to elbow bump.

Aaaaachoo!

Would you shake hands with someone of you've just sneezed into that hand? Pretty ghastly of you do."

Eh no course not I was agreeing it's stupid to rub snotty elbows.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

1 metre distance is fine if they are masked, not that some shoppers remember this!

Those in the public eye should not contravene the rules and law, they should set higher standards for others to emulate

Tin town

Coukd we all trusted to do it and isolate when tested positive or in contact with someone positive... Very clearly not.

And what you said there (and I respect) begs the question....why can't sally the hairdresser open up for one to one appointments with clients? I'm sure it's extremely difficult for various reasons for elite and not so elite sporting organisations to maintain covid security but not overly difficult for a sole trader to have regular checks and clean records to be able to operate securely. But then I suppose sally the hairdresser is only dealing in hundreds of pounds but all the top sports clubs, telly companies, sponsorship dealers, advertising agencies and bookmakers deal in millions and billions. So screw you little person trying to carve out a living! We're bigger, better and beyond the rules of 'stay at home'etc .... many tier system methinks "

You're probably right. I suspect there's quite a few Sally's and Bob the builders doing just that. How else do all the TV celebs and footballers look so coiffed.?

"I notice on tv, when politicians for instance, visit places such as factories they bump elbows with people instead of shaking hands as in pre covid times, obviously if done with an infected person the virus can be passed the to the next elbow etc. But my point is...

where does the social distancing law say you can do this."

I think it would be better if we changed it weekly, knee bump, hip bump, and in June back to the cock and fanny bump

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Elite Sports should also have been banned.

Firstly loads of COVID-19 in amongst their ranks and secondly it portrays completely the wrong image to the general public.

Scrums and close contact in Rugby and kissing and cuddling in Football. "

Drama queens !

» Add a new message to this topic