FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Schools

Schools

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *perfectpair5050 OP   Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

On my way home from work today drove past two schools with parents waiting outside no masks all chatting to each other in groups what hope have we got of getting rid of the virus The numbers can only go up what do you all think ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Primary school I'm guessing. Masks are only required inside and the children are put in to bubbles. So the parents could well of been talking to other parents in their child's bubble.

School bubbles are treated the same as social bubbles, we all have to isolate if one is positive. The children spend all day together but parents can't talk to each other?

marlbourgh

It just looked like an ideal way to spread the virus hope I’m wrong

"Primary school I'm guessing. Masks are only required inside and the children are put in to bubbles. So the parents could well of been talking to other parents in their child's bubble.

School bubbles are treated the same as social bubbles, we all have to isolate if one is positive. The children spend all day together but parents can't talk to each other? "

Basically this. Masks are not required if standing outside and we currently are asked very nicely to not enter the school unless we are really needed too.

My daughter had a friend round for tea last week. They sit next to each other all day. Play together all day, have lunch on the same table so I personally didn’t see a problem with her having tea around my house.

" School bubbles are treated the same as social bubbles, we all have to isolate if one is positive. The children spend all day together but parents can't talk to each other? "

social bubbles are for adults that have no other adult support or connection and its to pair up with one other household as though you are all one household

its nothing like a school bubble - your kids mixing in school doesn’t mean the parents can all hang out and mingle outside the school no

and childcare bubbles are for the child to be able to go from household to household too but half the country seems to have stretched that to include mixing of the adults for an extended bubble too “oh well if my kid can go into my parents/ sisters/ neighbours/ friends house all day i might aswell just drop in for dinner too”

i await the crap i take for this post but i am so fed up of people stretching the rules to suit themselves while some of us have been in solo isolation for the best part of a year - it is so bloody selfish

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"It just looked like an ideal way to spread the virus hope I’m wrong "

Is six people chatting in the street more dangerous than six people in a garden ?

"It just looked like an ideal way to spread the virus hope I’m wrong

Is six people chatting in the street more dangerous than six people in a garden ?"

its 6 people from 2 households and should still be social distanced ... not 6 people from 6 households all crammed round one gate

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

"Primary school I'm guessing. Masks are only required inside and the children are put in to bubbles. So the parents could well of been talking to other parents in their child's bubble.

School bubbles are treated the same as social bubbles, we all have to isolate if one is positive. The children spend all day together but parents can't talk to each other?

Basically this. Masks are not required if standing outside and we currently are asked very nicely to not enter the school unless we are really needed too.

My daughter had a friend round for tea last week. They sit next to each other all day. Play together all day, have lunch on the same table so I personally didn’t see a problem with her having tea around my house. "

Parents should still be socially distancing. Just because children sit in close proximity to each other doesn't means parents can get close to each other.

This was the exact advice given by Nicola Sturgeon when Scottish schools opened to all pupils a few months back.

" School bubbles are treated the same as social bubbles, we all have to isolate if one is positive. The children spend all day together but parents can't talk to each other?

social bubbles are for adults that have no other adult support or connection and its to pair up with one other household as though you are all one household

its nothing like a school bubble - your kids mixing in school doesn’t mean the parents can all hang out and mingle outside the school no

and childcare bubbles are for the child to be able to go from household to household too but half the country seems to have stretched that to include mixing of the adults for an extended bubble too “oh well if my kid can go into my parents/ sisters/ neighbours/ friends house all day i might aswell just drop in for dinner too”

i await the crap i take for this post but i am so fed up of people stretching the rules to suit themselves while some of us have been in solo isolation for the best part of a year - it is so bloody selfish "

If the Kids are mixing in their bubbles all day at school it really makes no difference if the parents are chatting outside.

My daughter had a friend round for tea last week. They sit next to each other all day. Play together all day, have lunch on the same table so I personally didn’t see a problem with her having tea around my house.

Parents should still be socially distancing. Just because children sit in close proximity to each other doesn't means parents can get close to each other.

This was the exact advice given by Nicola Sturgeon when Scottish schools opened to all pupils a few months back."

You can chat outside the school and still be 2m apart

" School bubbles are treated the same as social bubbles, we all have to isolate if one is positive. The children spend all day together but parents can't talk to each other?

i await the crap i take for this post but i am so fed up of people stretching the rules to suit themselves while some of us have been in solo isolation for the best part of a year - it is so bloody selfish

If the Kids are mixing in their bubbles all day at school it really makes no difference if the parents are chatting outside. "

that is just not true - the virus does not pass every single time someone is in close contact - its a numbers game - you up the number of contacts you up the risk , you now have kids mixing and adults mixing - you doubled the contact

and thats before we even start on the research that says kids are not as susceptible to catching or spreading the virus as adults

oh and there is an educational benefit to the kids being in class so makes the risk a little more worth it ... what benefit do we get from the parents being able to huddle up for a natter?

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Is six people chatting in the street more dangerous than six people in a garden ?

its 6 people from 2 households and should still be social distanced ... not 6 people from 6 households all crammed round one gate "

wrong.it was, stated this morning It's OK for up to 6 people to meet outside or 2 households (and that can actually be more than 6 people and children under 5 do not count

marlbourgh

I wonder what the numbers will be in four weeks time will we still be coming out of lockdown or going back into one

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Also take into account the parents (plus kids 11 and over) can take a test twice a week

its 6 people from 2 households and should still be social distanced ... not 6 people from 6 households all crammed round one gate wrong.it was, stated this morning It's OK for up to 6 people to meet outside or 2 households (and that can actually be more than 6 people and children under 5 do not count "

ok i was mistaken on the 2 households applying to 6 because thats a different rule in scotland but children do count ... copied from govt guidelines ...

You can meet up outdoors with friends and family you do not live with, either:

in a group of up to 6 from any number of households (children of all ages count towards the limit of 6)

in a group of any size from up to two households (each household can include an existing support bubble, if eligible)

i await the crap i take for this post but i am so fed up of people stretching the rules to suit themselves while some of us have been in solo isolation for the best part of a year - it is so bloody selfish "

I know exactly what a social bubble is for and why. I have one myself as a single adult. In terms of how to behave if someone has symptoms or tests positive, it is exactly the same which is what my post said.

Parents can talk around the school and still socially distanced. Do you think because we are parents we are incapable of this?

No one said a word about stretching or breaking the rules. I was explaining how the school bubbles work. I talk to my friends while I'm waiting at the school. I talk to the owner of my local shop and my neighbors as I walk down the street. All socially distanced and all masked up. I'm not selfish but I'm not ignorant either.

If the Kids are mixing in their bubbles all day at school it really makes no difference if the parents are chatting outside.

that is just not true - the virus does not pass every single time someone is in close contact - its a numbers game - you up the number of contacts you up the risk , you now have kids mixing and adults mixing - you doubled the contact

and thats before we even start on the research that says kids are not as susceptible to catching or spreading the virus as adults

oh and there is an educational benefit to the kids being in class so makes the risk a little more worth it ... what benefit do we get from the parents being able to huddle up for a natter? "

Aslong as they stay 2m apart then they can matter all they like. Maybe they are lonely and it helps their mental health. Who knows why they are chatting.

oh and there is an educational benefit to the kids being in class so makes the risk a little more worth it ... what benefit do we get from the parents being able to huddle up for a natter?

Aslong as they stay 2m apart then they can matter all they like. Maybe they are lonely and it helps their mental health. Who knows why they are chatting. "

Exactly this. Some could be bubbled up or not speak to another adult all day and just need to talk to someone, it could be the only interaction they get.

What's with the attack on school children and their parents all of a sudden?

I know exactly what a social bubble is for and why. I have one myself as a single adult. In terms of how to behave if someone has symptoms or tests positive, it is exactly the same which is what my post said.

Parents can talk around the school and still socially distanced. Do you think because we are parents we are incapable of this?

No one said a word about stretching or breaking the rules. I was explaining how the school bubbles work. I talk to my friends while I'm waiting at the school. I talk to the owner of my local shop and my neighbors as I walk down the street. All socially distanced and all masked up. I'm not selfish but I'm not ignorant either. "

your post is in reply to an OP saying they saw parents standing in groups , that definitely doesn’t imply social distance

you said the parents could be in groups that related to their childs bubble which work like a social bubble - a social bubble allows adults to mix without social distance , a school bubble does not, so in that way they are not alike

so if the parents were standing around in groups as the OP said then no school bubble makes that ok

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

OP if you keep your windows shut as you drive past the school gates you are unlikely to catch anything

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

At my kids' primary school parents have to wear masks for drop off & pick up times and socially distance at the school gates. There are also staggered start and finish times to try to minimise the number of people hanging about. There are a small number of parents who don't abide by these rules but thankfully the majority do.

"OP if you keep your windows shut as you drive past the school gates you are unlikely to catch anything"

and when we have to stay at home for another 6 months cause cases rise again pushing us into another lockdown we probably wont catch it then either

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"On my way home from work today drove past two schools with parents waiting outside no masks all chatting to each other in groups what hope have we got of getting rid of the virus The numbers can only go up what do you all think ??"

Parents are arseholes they think they can do what they like ... schools can only advise that they wear masks on site. Meh you can’t fix stupid

No one said a word about stretching or breaking the rules. I was explaining how the school bubbles work. I talk to my friends while I'm waiting at the school. I talk to the owner of my local shop and my neighbors as I walk down the street. All socially distanced and all masked up. I'm not selfish but I'm not ignorant either.

your post is in reply to an OP saying they saw parents standing in groups , that definitely doesn’t imply social distance

you said the parents could be in groups that related to their childs bubble which work like a social bubble - a social bubble allows adults to mix without social distance , a school bubble does not, so in that way they are not alike

so if the parents were standing around in groups as the OP said then no school bubble makes that ok

"

You can stand in a group and still be 2m apart. School bubbles in primary school are not socially distanced either.

South

This was the exact advice given by Nicola Sturgeon when Scottish schools opened to all pupils a few months back.

You can chat outside the school and still be 2m apart "

Hmm extremely unlikely.. say there is a one form entry primary school so 210 pupils to account for siblings that’s roughly 140 families .. what primary school do you know that has 280 sq metres of space at the gate?

marlbourgh

As I said in my first post there was no masks and no social distancing going on that can’t be right thing to be doing

No chance. Judging by most the comments are here. People making up their own rules. Oh they sit together in class... oh basically a bubble... oh primary schools parents are different.

South

If the Kids are mixing in their bubbles all day at school it really makes no difference if the parents are chatting outside. "

. It does if the parents are working and seeing others in a shag bubble or whatever they’re called .. every singe unnecessary contact in a risk. Surely chatting with a parent about anything isn’t worth the risk

Hmm extremely unlikely.. say there is a one form entry primary school so 210 pupils to account for siblings that’s roughly 140 families .. what primary school do you know that has 280 sq metres of space at the gate? "

Most schools have staggered drop of and start times too so 140 families won’t be there in one go.

South

"As I said in my first post there was no masks and no social distancing going on that can’t be right thing to be doing "

It’s not it’s an arrogant sense of entitlement but if it goes tits up schools and teachers will be blamed

South

Hmm extremely unlikely.. say there is a one form entry primary school so 210 pupils to account for siblings that’s roughly 140 families .. what primary school do you know that has 280 sq metres of space at the gate?

Most schools have staggered drop of and start times too so 140 families won’t be there in one go. "

Five or ten mins ... pointless and parent arrive early or chat late which defeats the objective

If the Kids are mixing in their bubbles all day at school it really makes no difference if the parents are chatting outside. . It does if the parents are working and seeing others in a shag bubble or whatever they’re called .. every singe unnecessary contact in a risk. Surely chatting with a parent about anything isn’t worth the risk "

Depends, what if they are struggling with their mental health like so many are and that 5 mins of chatting helps them.

South

Most schools have staggered drop of and start times too so 140 families won’t be there in one go. "

Also that’s the smallest possible primary larger ones are 1000 pupils so 150 kids per year group

Most schools have staggered drop of and start times too so 140 families won’t be there in one go.

Five or ten mins ... pointless and parent arrive early or chat late which defeats the objective "

Maybe at your child’s school but not at mine

South

If the Kids are mixing in their bubbles all day at school it really makes no difference if the parents are chatting outside. . It does if the parents are working and seeing others in a shag bubble or whatever they’re called .. every singe unnecessary contact in a risk. Surely chatting with a parent about anything isn’t worth the risk

Depends, what if they are struggling with their mental health like so many are and that 5 mins of chatting helps them. "

Meh.. still selfish as fuck

If the Kids are mixing in their bubbles all day at school it really makes no difference if the parents are chatting outside. . It does if the parents are working and seeing others in a shag bubble or whatever they’re called .. every singe unnecessary contact in a risk. Surely chatting with a parent about anything isn’t worth the risk "

A shag bubble? Wow! So you haven't spoken to anyone outside you're household for the last year unless it's been on the phone? Even though it's been allowed to meet one other person socially distanced, outside for a while now?

South

Five or ten mins ... pointless and parent arrive early or chat late which defeats the objective

Maybe at your child’s school but not at mine "

Worked at about erm 15 schools this year.. tis the same

If the Kids are mixing in their bubbles all day at school it really makes no difference if the parents are chatting outside. . It does if the parents are working and seeing others in a shag bubble or whatever they’re called .. every singe unnecessary contact in a risk. Surely chatting with a parent about anything isn’t worth the risk

Depends, what if they are struggling with their mental health like so many are and that 5 mins of chatting helps them.

Meh.. still selfish as fuck "

I really hope you never talk to someone who's struggling.

South

A shag bubble? Wow! So you haven't spoken to anyone outside you're household for the last year unless it's been on the phone? Even though it's been allowed to meet one other person socially distanced, outside for a while now? "

No I’ve not broken the rules and put others lives at risk no I haven’t - have you?

Meh.. still selfish as fuck "

Oh yes. Selfish as fuck to chat to someone if you are struggling with your mental health

Depends, what if they are struggling with their mental health like so many are and that 5 mins of chatting helps them. "

what about the folk shielding alone, do we care about their mental health when we get another extension to lockdown because everyone else wanted to sneak in a wee 5 minutes ?

South

I really hope you never talk to someone who's struggling. "

I hope you never lose someone to covid as someone ‘wanted a chat’ .... I’ve lost 3 colleagues

South

what about the folk shielding alone, do we care about their mental health when we get another extension to lockdown because everyone else wanted to sneak in a wee 5 minutes ? "

Exactly this!!

A shag bubble? Wow! So you haven't spoken to anyone outside you're household for the last year unless it's been on the phone? Even though it's been allowed to meet one other person socially distanced, outside for a while now?

No I’ve not broken the rules and put others lives at risk no I haven’t - have you?"

well done.

No I’ve not broken the rules and put others lives at risk no I haven’t - have you?"

Talking to someone outside isn't breaking the rules. It's been allowed for ages to meet another person outside for walks or exercise. Maybe you should check the rules before accusing others of breaking them.

I hope you never lose someone to covid as someone ‘wanted a chat’ .... I’ve lost 3 colleagues "

Iv lost family but I still wouldn’t call people struggling with MH selfish as fuck for needing 5 mins of interaction.

South

I hope you never lose someone to covid as someone ‘wanted a chat’ .... I’ve lost 3 colleagues

Iv lost family but I still wouldn’t call people struggling with MH selfish as fuck for needing 5 mins of interaction. "

Then you’re obviously more accepting of unnecessary death than I am .. my colleague was 28 with no underlying health conditions - I like to think his life was worth more than a five minute chat

Iv lost family but I still wouldn’t call people struggling with MH selfish as fuck for needing 5 mins of interaction.

Then you’re obviously more accepting of unnecessary death than I am .. my colleague was 28 with no underlying health conditions - I like to think his life was worth more than a five minute chat "

I just have more compassion & empathy for others struggling, that’s all.

It’s sad when people pass away but the world doesn’t stop and other people’s struggles are real.

South

No I’ve not broken the rules and put others lives at risk no I haven’t - have you?

Talking to someone outside isn't breaking the rules. It's been allowed for ages to meet another person outside for walks or exercise. Maybe you should check the rules before accusing others of breaking them. "

As of today it’s not breaking the rules as long as it’s not more than 6 people 2n apart this has been going on for as long as schools have been open.

South

Then you’re obviously more accepting of unnecessary death than I am .. my colleague was 28 with no underlying health conditions - I like to think his life was worth more than a five minute chat

It’s sad when people pass away but the world doesn’t stop and other people’s struggles are real. "

And that’s your opinion I don’t know many people that would think a five minute chat was more important than someone life but as the saying goes ‘you do you’

"

Iv lost family but I still wouldn’t call people struggling with MH selfish as fuck for needing 5 mins of interaction. "

lets be honest - this hypothetical person who needed the 5 minutes chat for their mental state is not the majority of parents outside the school gates, quite possibly already has their own support bubble or the other parent at home and inviting your kids pals over for dinner wouldn’t have solved that either - this hypothetical mental health sufferer is just the scape goat to be used as justification for all the other selfish stuff going on in their name because then if people disagree with the behaviour we can beat them with a MH stick instead

In England, outdoor gatherings - including in gardens - are allowed with up to six people .

Children of all ages are included in the count. Professional carers are not Aslong as they are working.

To make things easier for larger families, two households of any size can meet. A support bubble counts as one household.

South

"

lets be honest - this hypothetical person who needed the 5 minutes chat for their mental state is not the majority of parents outside the school gates, quite possibly already has their own support bubble or the other parent at home and inviting your kids pals over for dinner wouldn’t have solved that either - this hypothetical mental health sufferer is just the scape goat to be used as justification for all the other selfish stuff going on in their name because then if people disagree with the behaviour we can beat them with a MH stick instead "

By *ev_1Couple  over a year ago

Bickliegh

Been happening all the time

It’s sad when people pass away but the world doesn’t stop and other people’s struggles are real.

And that’s your opinion I don’t know many people that would think a five minute chat was more important than someone life but as the saying goes ‘you do you’ "

Ohh I will

"On my way home from work today drove past two schools with parents waiting outside no masks all chatting to each other in groups what hope have we got of getting rid of the virus The numbers can only go up what do you all think ??

Parents are arseholes they think they can do what they like ... schools can only advise that they wear masks on site. Meh you can’t fix stupid "

I’m sure the school you work for would love for your comments to leak out.

"

lets be honest - this hypothetical person who needed the 5 minutes chat for their mental state is not the majority of parents outside the school gates, quite possibly already has their own support bubble or the other parent at home and inviting your kids pals over for dinner wouldn’t have solved that either - this hypothetical mental health sufferer is just the scape goat to be used as justification for all the other selfish stuff going on in their name because then if people disagree with the behaviour we can beat them with a MH stick instead

"

Of course all all people chatting outside won’t be doing it for their MH.

That was just an example but even someone suffering with their MH during a pandemic are selfish as fuck.

South

"On my way home from work today drove past two schools with parents waiting outside no masks all chatting to each other in groups what hope have we got of getting rid of the virus The numbers can only go up what do you all think ??

Parents are arseholes they think they can do what they like ... schools can only advise that they wear masks on site. Meh you can’t fix stupid

I’m sure the school you work for would love for your comments to leak out."

Haha threatening behaviour .. classy

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Mind your own business op

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

I have 3 kids who attend 2 different schools. Each morning they leave their home bubble to join 3 new bubbles, each made up of around 30 other kids and teachers who have done the same. As parents we are also exposed to others in supermarkets and workplaces which adds another plethora of bubbles. With all due respect, this bubble stuff if nonsense as potentially we are exposed to nearly a thousand other people vicariously.

It's like the old warnings about std's.... you could potentially be sleeping with 100s of people, not just the one in front you.

"

That was just an example but even someone suffering with their MH during a pandemic are selfish as fuck. "

well i will out myself right now as suffering with my mental health, worse than i probably ever have in my life, i live alone , work from home, don’t live near enough to anyone i can bubble with - and I am staying home , i can count in less than one hand the number of human interactions i’ve had this side of christmas and one of those fingers was reserved for a funeral

because i desperately, desperately want to see the end of this, i want my life back for exactly the reason of my mental health

but i have watched my freedom be teased in front of me and snatched away again repeatedly over the last year because too many people have an all for themselves mentality , or awk its only a small bend of the rules mentality, or well my kids can mix and my kids live with me so its pretty much he same thing mentality, and individually its tiny, it probably impacts very little, but collectively its been a clusterf*ck and all it serves to do is draw this out longer and longer

i can FINALLY see light at the end of this bloody miserable tunnel and i can still see it slipping away in front of my eyes

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

Having just read through this lot.

Truly amazed at how many people have no idea how rules work and just make their own to suit.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Parents are arseholes they think they can do what they like ... schools can only advise that they wear masks on site. Meh you can’t fix stupid "

*some* parents are arseholes...

There fixed it for you

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

School bubbles are treated the same as social bubbles, we all have to isolate if one is positive. The children spend all day together but parents can't talk to each other? "

The parents are not meant to be mixing

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Is six people chatting in the street more dangerous than six people in a garden ?"

If they are not social distancing yes

South

There fixed it for you "

Thank you xx

Brighton

There fixed it for you

Thank you my best friend a teacher died yesterday as he caught covid from a child in his class ... he was 28. I am probably better not posting on this thread when people think a five minute chat is worth more than this amazing man. "

That really really sucks. Sorry for your loss. Sending a virtual hug

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I wish people would stop bring out the MH card everytime hey want to justify what they or other people are doing. We have all been in the same boat this year, we could all use that excuse if that's the case

All I will say is no wonder it feels like we will never get out of this

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Mind your own business op "

It is everyone's business

South

"I wish people would stop bring out the MH card everytime hey want to justify what they or other people are doing. We have all been in the same boat this year, we could all use that excuse if that's the case

All I will say is no wonder it feels like we will never get out of this "

This ...

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"I wish people would stop bring out the MH card everytime hey want to justify what they or other people are doing. We have all been in the same boat this year, we could all use that excuse if that's the case

Its soul destroying for anyone trying to stick to the rules to desperately get our lives back.

I drove past a school on the way to my 1st jab today and it was packed with parents outside the gate area with little to no social distancing and very few with masks.

Just beggers belief really

KJ

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP, yes it happens where we are too, the school asks on Newsletters every week for parents not to hang around the gates chatting, but they still seem to do it.

It seems pointless that they have staggered start and pick up times

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

There fixed it for you

Thank you my best friend a teacher died yesterday as he caught covid from a child in his class ... he was 28. I am probably better not posting on this thread when people think a five minute chat is worth more than this amazing man.

That really really sucks. Sorry for your loss. Sending a virtual hug "

So sorry for your loss my friend wasn't much older than yours similar situation.

KJ

St Neots/Wisbech

Utterly disgusting comment.

I lost a close friend through suicide last year, he lost his business, home and it caused his marriage to fall apart. His mental health plummeted and could not get the help required.

Who are you to question the state of a person's mental health and what they see as necessary action to rectify it ?

I didn’t know MH was a card people played

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Who are you to question the state of a person's mental health and what they see as necessary action to rectify it ?

"

I didn't.

South

I lost a close friend through suicide last year, he lost his business, home and it caused his marriage to fall apart. His mental health plummeted and could not get the help required.

"

My friend died yesterday as he caught covid from a child in his class las who’s parent caught it as they thought the rules were ridiculous- who are you to decide a five minute chat is worth more than my friends life.

St Neots/Wisbech

My friend died yesterday as he caught covid from a child in his class las who’s parent caught it as they thought the rules were ridiculous- who are you to decide a five minute chat is worth more than my friends life. "

If it means that chat can save a life of somebody clearly struggling, then I'd say a decent non judgemental human who will offer what ever they can.

Assuming somebody's mental health statement to be bogus is crass and disgusting.

South

My friend died yesterday as he caught covid from a child in his class las who’s parent caught it as they thought the rules were ridiculous- who are you to decide a five minute chat is worth more than my friends life.

If it means that chat can save a life of somebody clearly struggling, then I'd say a decent non judgemental human who will offer what ever they can.

Assuming somebody's mental health statement to be bogus is crass and disgusting. "

Five minute chat kills a teacher - still worth it?

I dont think schools are quite the hotbed of infection everyone thinks or hopes they may be. With testing our whole school it is throwing up very, very few positives and this is a few weeks in being back.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

its 6 people from 2 households and should still be social distanced ... not 6 people from 6 households all crammed round one gate "

Actually it's a maximum of 6 from as many households..or unlimited people from 2 households

Forum Mod

O o O oo

OK now the next person has jumped on it because someone else had after removing their post...so lets put this to bed.

I will clarify that I didn't question anyones mental health on the thread or anyones friends / family or people they don't know yet. I am sure there are lots of people who suffer with MH

I said that at the moment people are using it as a reason to argue why people can break the rules.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"

If my own family experience is anything to go by it’ll be the ones not shouting about their mental health issues you have to look after.

On another note, so your school says you don’t need to wear a mask when collecting your kid, so you follow their lead & don’t.

They also ask you not to hang about chatting, but you ignore that & do? Not only do you ignore it but you haven’t got the sense to wear a mask anyway BECAUSE you are standing around chatting to reduce any extra risk.

If anything screams “I’ll follow the rules that suit but not those that don’t” then surely this pick & choose behaviour is it?

Our kids school of 300 kids asked parents to keep masks on when waiting to collect children. I have yet to see anyone not wearing one while waiting & chatting.

S

"OK now the next person has jumped on it because someone else had after removing their post...so lets put this to bed.

I will clarify that I didn't question anyones mental health on the thread or anyones friends / family or people they don't know yet. I am sure there are lots of people who suffer with MH

I said that at the moment people are using it as a reason to argue why people can break the rules.

"

If that first bit is aimed at me I deleted the first post initially as It didn’t read right and I made an error in my post... I had a child call me so couldn’t write it straight away again. Nothing to do with anyone else writing anything.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

its 6 people from 2 households and should still be social distanced ... not 6 people from 6 households all crammed round one gate

Actually it's a maximum of 6 from as many households..or unlimited people from 2 households "

In England, outdoor gatherings - including in gardens - are allowed with up to six people.

Children of all ages are included in the count. Professional carers are not - as long as they are working.

To things easier for larger families, two households of any size can meet. A support bubble counts as one household.

Different in Wales and Scotland.

On a mooch

"I dont think schools are quite the hotbed of infection everyone thinks or hopes they may be. With testing our whole school it is throwing up very, very few positives and this is a few weeks in being back. "

We are 100% negative so far

"I dont think schools are quite the hotbed of infection everyone thinks or hopes they may be. With testing our whole school it is throwing up very, very few positives and this is a few weeks in being back.

We are 100% negative so far "

Same for both of my kids primary schools. So far so good

They cant at the school i work at.

Very strict social distancing and parents must wear a face covering when dropping off and picking up.

No complaints whatsoever and only 4 positive tests since October.

Works well.

No its not. The rules are 6 people from up to 6 different households or 2 different households with no limit on number.

On a mooch

"I dont think schools are quite the hotbed of infection everyone thinks or hopes they may be. With testing our whole school it is throwing up very, very few positives and this is a few weeks in being back.

We are 100% negative so far

Same for both of my kids primary schools. So far so good "

Secondary here, so testing twice a week and the parents.

No its not. The rules are 6 people from up to 6 different households or 2 different households with no limit on number. "

yeah ive already corrected this - but my main point was its still meant to be social distanced anyway

Tin town

"I dont think schools are quite the hotbed of infection everyone thinks or hopes they may be. With testing our whole school it is throwing up very, very few positives and this is a few weeks in being back. "

Yes there are some who despite very little evidence having been having a go at schools and school kids. The 2 im associated with have been negative so far. I think generally schools, kids, teachers and parents are doing a great job of reducing risks. Perhaps the parents at collection and drop off could be a bit better at distancing but so far so good.

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

"On my way home from work today drove past two schools with parents waiting outside no masks all chatting to each other in groups what hope have we got of getting rid of the virus The numbers can only go up what do you all think ??"

Yes quite agree, they don't care same at the primary by us

Tin town

"

lets be honest - this hypothetical person who needed the 5 minutes chat for their mental state is not the majority of parents outside the school gates, quite possibly already has their own support bubble or the other parent at home and inviting your kids pals over for dinner wouldn’t have solved that either - this hypothetical mental health sufferer is just the scape goat to be used as justification for all the other selfish stuff going on in their name because then if people disagree with the behaviour we can beat them with a MH stick instead "

Thing is, education isn't just what they learn at school. It's the stuff they learn at home too. Like the attitude towards others, community, elderly, vulnerable and how to ignore clear safety rules. Or conversely, the fact they have to follow rules as that makes community work for all.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

The word bubble has been banded about as some sort of force field of protection. It's absolute bullshit. People mingle freely and hang around the majority of schools but not only that there are an awful lot of parents who haven't got a clue how their kids are mixing both on the way home and at weekend..... So let's cut the shit about bubbles. In reality these bubbles hardly exist unless under extreme circumstances. I think if some people focused on their own behaviour before generically pin pointing others, we might manage to come out the other side.

By *endulum 20Couple  over a year ago

sandy

[Removed by poster at 29/03/21 23:39:36]

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Problem is most bubbles are linked to other bubble by one or more siblings, parents of one bubble are connected to them all . Parents can talk but they should be keeping reasonable space between themselves

oh and there is an educational benefit to the kids being in class so makes the risk a little more worth it ... what benefit do we get from the parents being able to huddle up for a natter? "

Five children in my seven year old grandsons class have tested positive last week including him... now my daughter and hubby have it and the baby 9 months ...

"

That was just an example but even someone suffering with their MH during a pandemic are selfish as fuck.

well i will out myself right now as suffering with my mental health, worse than i probably ever have in my life, i live alone , work from home, don’t live near enough to anyone i can bubble with - and I am staying home , i can count in less than one hand the number of human interactions i’ve had this side of christmas and one of those fingers was reserved for a funeral

because i desperately, desperately want to see the end of this, i want my life back for exactly the reason of my mental health

but i have watched my freedom be teased in front of me and snatched away again repeatedly over the last year because too many people have an all for themselves mentality , or awk its only a small bend of the rules mentality, or well my kids can mix and my kids live with me so its pretty much he same thing mentality, and individually its tiny, it probably impacts very little, but collectively its been a clusterf*ck and all it serves to do is draw this out longer and longer

i can FINALLY see light at the end of this bloody miserable tunnel and i can still see it slipping away in front of my eyes "

I hear you. I'm in the same situation.

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 30/03/21 07:59:54]

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Maybe because society always allows the fittest and more intelligent to survive?

That theory being if you are too stupid to look after yourself you are likely not to make it anyway..

Natural selection at its best is when you see this sort of thing happening ..

The ' it won't affect me' brigade eventually find out that in some way.. It very likely will...

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

It's the where ever people are meeting.

Problem is they then blame the kids for spreading it.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Some outstanding comments on this post

By *atietvsheffTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

It’s everyone else’s problem and never theirs because ‘they’ are special, same with lockdown, everyone thinks it’s their right to push the boundaries because it’s them and someone else will catch it......... well 1000’s each day who think it’s someone else’s problem do end up being tomorrow’s 1000’s but they won’t take ownership that they did anything wrong. We are all part of the problem whenever the boundaries are pushed and we think the rules only apply to everyone else. Can you hand on heart say you have not? I bet there is a time in the last 13mth when everyone has done or gone somewhere they shouldn’t. Mine was watching our son play football when only 1 parent was allowed, we both sneaked in to where the pitches were

If my primary ages child is in school mixing some of his peers have another 3 siblings and different classes in the school and secondary school the teachers move around classes I think I can stand outside and talk to someone without a mask on people need to get some perspective

marlbourgh

Just a question why would you stand outside a school talking to other people without a mask on considering the last 12 months we’ve all had

"Just a question why would you stand outside a school talking to other people without a mask on considering the last 12 months we’ve all had "

Whats the issue when your kids in a classroom with there child and 29 others all day and now you can meet 6 people outside

marlbourgh

Ok j

South

"Just a question why would you stand outside a school talking to other people without a mask on considering the last 12 months we’ve all had

Whats the issue when your kids in a classroom with there child and 29 others all day and now you can meet 6 people outside "

It’s not an linear transmission rate every contact has its own risk. It’s not like your child got it from their child so you wil or won’t. Every singe extra contact is a risk. If you think you’re entitled to take extra risks then you go for it but people will die because of your self entitlement. Infection rates are higher this week than they have been for the last 6 due to schools going back. Sooo it you think this chat at the gates is worth it then you crack on.

South

It's the where ever people are meeting.

Problem is they then blame the kids for spreading it. "

Ot the teachers ...

"Just a question why would you stand outside a school talking to other people without a mask on considering the last 12 months we’ve all had

Whats the issue when your kids in a classroom with there child and 29 others all day and now you can meet 6 people outside "

That in itself is a risk but a necessary one like going to work.

Chatting outside the school gates in close proximity without a mask on is an unnecessary extra risk.

"If my primary ages child is in school mixing some of his peers have another 3 siblings and different classes in the school and secondary school the teachers move around classes I think I can stand outside and talk to someone without a mask on people need to get some perspective

"

Yes I think some people do need to get perspective but it's not the people you were thinking!

Hey I'm back

Well what an interesting thread

But say hey if kids were partially educated at home via you know online learning

And .. only came in some days of the week

Thereby reducing numbers ?

OMG

Just realised - I'm a man - so my views are not valid

Sorry sorry

By *enhamhoopMan  over a year ago

Denham

You can chat outside the school and still be 2m apart "

2 metres doesn't guarantee no spreading but it's better than 1 metres but 3 metres would be even better and remember the mixing is schools is necessary because education would be impossible without it. Whereas chatting to other parents is optional

Whats the issue when your kids in a classroom with there child and 29 others all day and now you can meet 6 people outside

It’s not an linear transmission rate every contact has its own risk. It’s not like your child got it from their child so you wil or won’t. Every singe extra contact is a risk. If you think you’re entitled to take extra risks then you go for it but people will die because of your self entitlement. Infection rates are higher this week than they have been for the last 6 due to schools going back. Sooo it you think this chat at the gates is worth it then you crack on. "

I've stuck to the rules and not seen my family or friends even gone in a shop for months and seen many people gathering doing things together at this point I'm vaccinated and if my kids are allowed to be in school where 99% of my risk will be coming from I will talk to someone outside as now they are back I can't mix with my family again due to having vulnerable members I live in central London and many people don't wear masks unless going in shops then they pull it down as soon as there out again

You can chat outside the school and still be 2m apart 2 metres doesn't guarantee no spreading but it's better than 1 metres but 3 metres would be even better and remember the mixing is schools is necessary because education would be impossible without it. Whereas chatting to other parents is optional

"

Plus it clogs up the pavement making social distancing for others harder.

If we cannot resume our life what was the point of getting vaccinated

You can chat outside the school and still be 2m apart 2 metres doesn't guarantee no spreading but it's better than 1 metres but 3 metres would be even better and remember the mixing is schools is necessary because education would be impossible without it. Whereas chatting to other parents is optional

Plus it clogs up the pavement making social distancing for others harder. "

Well you broke the rules and should be fined as they can sit next to each other all day in the classroom as the schools are apparently covid safe but your house isn't

By *enhamhoopMan  over a year ago

Denham

Assuming somebody's mental health statement to be bogus is crass and disgusting. "

How exactly does wearing a mask mean you cannot chat as I've seen countless Millenials make phone calls wearing one

Sheffield

"If my primary ages child is in school mixing some of his peers have another 3 siblings and different classes in the school and secondary school the teachers move around classes I think I can stand outside and talk to someone without a mask on people need to get some perspective

"

Unbelievable ignorance of the bigger picture, ‘everyone else but me is responsible for stopping the spread of the virus’,..... ‘I’m so special so it doesn’t apply to me’, but as long as Karen and Janice can have a moan about not being able to do anything because the nasty government are trying to save their parents or grandparents lives then that’s a justifiable reason to stand close chatting without a mask, or maybe moaning that they can’t go abroad to another country that is having an even worse time than we are here with the pandemic with significantly higher infection and death rates than we have, how can those nasty politicians stop me having my 2 weeks of a hangover in the sun where I can play Russian roulette in another country which desperately needs money into their economy so they will open their borders in doing so they can become an exporter of death sentences when Karen and Janice return home and take their benidorm souvenirs to grandma and grandad. Still that school gate chat being so important to society at large I’m so glad it wasn’t stopped. Good to see the money spent on educating Karen and Janice wasn’t wasted........

Well you broke the rules and should be fined as they can sit next to each other all day in the classroom as the schools are apparently covid safe but your house isn't "

Ha ha I know... 6 hours in school sat next to each other is fine but god forbid they spend a couple of hours actually being kids and hang out together.

Well you broke the rules and should be fined as they can sit next to each other all day in the classroom as the schools are apparently covid safe but your house isn't "

Why should I be fined I haven't broken rules once is the beginning of lockdown because I value my community and my own house and that of my friends and family I'm not selfish.

And no your house isn't safe and its not necessary so please don't claim that you have stuck to all the rules when you haven't.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Unbelievable ignorance of the bigger picture, ‘everyone else but me is responsible for stopping the spread of the virus’,..... ‘I’m so special so it doesn’t apply to me’, but as long as Karen and Janice can have a moan about not being able to do anything because the nasty government are trying to save their parents or grandparents lives then that’s a justifiable reason to stand close chatting without a mask, or maybe moaning that they can’t go abroad to another country that is having an even worse time than we are here with the pandemic with significantly higher infection and death rates than we have, how can those nasty politicians stop me having my 2 weeks of a hangover in the sun where I can play Russian roulette in another country which desperately needs money into their economy so they will open their borders in doing so they can become an exporter of death sentences when Karen and Janice return home and take their benidorm souvenirs to grandma and grandad. Still that school gate chat being so important to society at large I’m so glad it wasn’t stopped. Good to see the money spent on educating Karen and Janice wasn’t wasted........"

Wow, 152 word sentence, impressive

Well you broke the rules and should be fined as they can sit next to each other all day in the classroom as the schools are apparently covid safe but your house isn't

Why should I be fined I haven't broken rules once is the beginning of lockdown because I value my community and my own house and that of my friends and family I'm not selfish.

And no your house isn't safe and its not necessary so please don't claim that you have stuck to all the rules when you haven't. "

Sadly I have and missed out on a year of my life doing so when I have seen many others getting on with it

And no your house isn't safe and its not necessary so please don't claim that you have stuck to all the rules when you haven't.

Sadly I have and missed out on a year of my life doing so when I have seen many others getting on with it

"

The vast majority of people have missed out but we don't try and cover up law breaking by saying "iv missed out"

Tin town

"

You can do what you want. As an adult you might want to consider the sacrifices everyone has made the last 12 months. If everyone does what they think is sensible we won't get much progress...or it will be slower. Not sue why it's so hard for some people to understand we still need to do what we can to reduce the risks.

The vast majority of people have missed out but we don't try and cover up law breaking by saying "iv missed out"

"

Lol what law have I broken naughty me

Yawn

Tin town

It’s not an linear transmission rate every contact has its own risk. It’s not like your child got it from their child so you wil or won’t. Every singe extra contact is a risk. If you think you’re entitled to take extra risks then you go for it but people will die because of your self entitlement. Infection rates are higher this week than they have been for the last 6 due to schools going back. Sooo it you think this chat at the gates is worth it then you crack on. "

I'm not sure where you are getting your stats that infection rates are higher now than when they went back.... From the govs own covid stats page..

Infections today... 4040

2 days ago... 3862

Thats the lowest daily infections number for 6 months (17 Sep 2020)

Infections march 8th...4712

When schools returned

Infections 6 weeks ago.. 12718

So by any measure. Daily infection rates are lower now than 6 weeks ago.. And than March 8th when schools opened to the remaining 50 percent who were not already attending.

Lol what law have I broken naughty me "

The one you have openly admitted to on this thread!

marlbourgh

It seems that this virus is a big joke to some quite sad really

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Maybe it’s just me but I still can’t get my head around using the word “Required” Etc when talking about mask wearing.

As someone put it very well in a meme, there’s a jar with a hundred of your most favourite sweets in it but ten have been injected with a fatal poison.

How many are you going to take your mask off to eat?

I prefer this though, you are out in a naturist park lying on your own getting your bits tanned. Trouble is the owner keeps bees & to get to your digs you have to walk past fifty hives.

Luckily the owner supplies a full bee keepers suit to every customer, it’s not required that you wear it though, it’s up to you.

How many bees have to be flying around you before you put it on? One? Twenty? Two hundred?

Now add that some of those bees carry a virus that’s a bit more than a painful sting? One that could put you out of action for a week, a month or even forever. You putting that suit on sooner or not?

I don’t get the whole “It’s not required” so I’m not wearing it gambit. Why do so many think this way & not “Fuck what the rules say, I am wearing it!” Instead?

& no I’m not a twat who wears one when alone in a car or if talking with my neighbour who’s always several metres away. But walking amongst lots of people milling about chatting, usually about fck all lets be honest & that mask is staying firmly on. Fuck whether it’s required or not!

S

By *ets go again!Man  over a year ago

paisley

My daughter's aftercare club was closed within 2 days of the school's going back

Sheffield

"

Some people feel they have missed a year of their lives........... WOW is that the thought process of some people????? Think about the people who innocently were infected and have lost their lives not just 1 year of their life they are dead FOREVER because some people thought they have a god given right to do what they want no matter who it harms or impacts on. Some People might not show symptoms but they are happily walking around spreading the virus to people who do then not only show the symptoms but end in in caskets all because someone thinks they have a right to do anything they want. If someone drove down a motorway in thick fog at 70mph because it’s the legal speed limit and their actions forced someone off the road into an accident in which they were killed, just because the fog obscures the accident doesn’t mean that person driving isn’t culpable in the persons death. People don’t see the virus they are passing on neither so they see the victims of their actions laid in hospitals on ventilators or in the hearse on their way to their funeral........ still hopefully people can get over the shock of losing a year of their lives because those trips to the hairdresser or coffee shop are so vital.

By *ermbiMan  over a year ago

Ballyshannon

It is unreal to read some of this clearly misguided and ignorant points of view. Many schools kept going during lockdowns 1 and 2 so that parents could work. Of course some abused the system too. Social distancing does not work in schools and staff have been at risk all the time. Many have been off with covid or close contact due to silly parents sending children who have tested positive. Yes this has happened.

Parents at my local school hanging around with no masks and no social distancing. Birthday parties and sleep overs happening and by some parents who are nurses. Of all people they should hang their heads in shame. In short the actions of some parents have contributed to the schools being closed so long and dare I say may yet lead to another closure before summer due their irresponsibility. Schools have put stringent processes in place and are under huge strain. A small act like wearing a mask can help the bigger picture.

By *ltrMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"It is unreal to read some of this clearly misguided and ignorant points of view. Many schools kept going during lockdowns 1 and 2 so that parents could work. Of course some abused the system too. Social distancing does not work in schools and staff have been at risk all the time. Many have been off with covid or close contact due to silly parents sending children who have tested positive. Yes this has happened.

Parents at my local school hanging around with no masks and no social distancing. Birthday parties and sleep overs happening and by some parents who are nurses. Of all people they should hang their heads in shame. In short the actions of some parents have contributed to the schools being closed so long and dare I say may yet lead to another closure before summer due their irresponsibility. Schools have put stringent processes in place and are under huge strain. A small act like wearing a mask can help the bigger picture."

So true driving passed a school first day they went back a group of parents all hugging and pecking on the cheek , having lost my company due to cov19 and the second lockdown it made my blood boil

It’s not an linear transmission rate every contact has its own risk. It’s not like your child got it from their child so you wil or won’t. Every singe extra contact is a risk. If you think you’re entitled to take extra risks then you go for it but people will die because of your self entitlement. Infection rates are higher this week than they have been for the last 6 due to schools going back. Sooo it you think this chat at the gates is worth it then you crack on.

I've stuck to the rules and not seen my family or friends even gone in a shop for months and seen many people gathering doing things together at this point I'm vaccinated and if my kids are allowed to be in school where 99% of my risk will be coming from I will talk to someone outside as now they are back I can't mix with my family again due to having vulnerable members I live in central London and many people don't wear masks unless going in shops then they pull it down as soon as there out again "

So they're saying its safe to go back to schools (I'm dubious) yet you're saying its where your risk comes from? You are now vaccinated so that's your green light to 'tweak' as you wish (this is assuming you're meeting in larger groups and closer than permitted and if not pertinent to those who are)? I've no objections to people gathering outside in the groups that have been defined. I think its total piss taking when I see groups of parents hanging out much closer than 2m apart from each other. I also find it self entitled. In addition to the increased risk (which impacts all of us) parents already have company from their families and so many of the priorities are based around the family unit. They might even bubble with a single person or parent outside their immediate family. They might also go into a place of work. Compare that to somebody living alone and working from home for a year and whining about not getting their post-school gossip seems pretty selfish.

"It is unreal to read some of this clearly misguided and ignorant points of view. Many schools kept going during lockdowns 1 and 2 so that parents could work. Of course some abused the system too. Social distancing does not work in schools and staff have been at risk all the time. Many have been off with covid or close contact due to silly parents sending children who have tested positive. Yes this has happened.

Parents at my local school hanging around with no masks and no social distancing. Birthday parties and sleep overs happening and by some parents who are nurses. Of all people they should hang their heads in shame. In short the actions of some parents have contributed to the schools being closed so long and dare I say may yet lead to another closure before summer due their irresponsibility. Schools have put stringent processes in place and are under huge strain. A small act like wearing a mask can help the bigger picture."

That winds me up so much. The basic unfairness of those of us who give a toss having to carry those who think they're exempt. Perhaps karma will one day make them vulnerable without support and consideration.

Brighton

God this thread is depressing reading, some of the examples given/observed defy belief. No wonder the UK is in such a state - not just Covid but generally. Society is full of selfish me first entitled wankers.

Tin town

Parents at my local school hanging around with no masks and no social distancing. Birthday parties and sleep overs happening and by some parents who are nurses. Of all people they should hang their heads in shame. In short the actions of some parents have contributed to the schools being closed so long and dare I say may yet lead to another closure before summer due their irresponsibility. Schools have put stringent processes in place and are under huge strain. A small act like wearing a mask can help the bigger picture.

That winds me up so much. The basic unfairness of those of us who give a toss having to carry those who think they're exempt. Perhaps karma will one day make them vulnerable without support and consideration. "

Interesting. Imagine those 50 mums (or dad's perhaps?)... Let's say we call it a protest... And transport it to a town centre... Or give them a few placards with "save the planet / whale / espresso" or even worse imagine they were young uni students.. what uproar would there be in the daily mail et al.? Lock em up.... Take away their books / courses / satchels would be the outcry.

That winds me up so much. The basic unfairness of those of us who give a toss having to carry those who think they're exempt. Perhaps karma will one day make them vulnerable without support and consideration.

Interesting. Imagine those 50 mums (or dad's perhaps?)... Let's say we call it a protest... And transport it to a town centre... Or give them a few placards with "save the planet / whale / espresso" or even worse imagine they were young uni students.. what uproar would there be in the daily mail et al.? Lock em up.... Take away their books / courses / satchels would be the outcry. "

Now there's an idea ... let's ban their takeaway coffees as punishment. Put them on an espresso naughty step

2nd that

» Add a new message to this topic