FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Twickenham arena as a walk in vaccination centre

Twickenham arena as a walk in vaccination centre

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/twickenham-stadium-covid-vaccine-centre-jabs-local-cases-1027688

I think this is brilliant news.. I think the big centres will all be going like that soon.

Its good though as many were waiting or having to travel to far for their vaccinations.

Thanks to all those helping out

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

I agree great idea. Lots of large arenas already doing vaccinations. Let's hope they can get the staff to work in them. I work in a mass vacc centre and staff requirements are huge

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wasn't it for anyone over 18 too? It seems they had a good uptake

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-englands-biggest-coronavirus-vaccination-centre-in-west-london-breaks-policy-to-offer-jab-to-anyone-over-18-for-today-only-12321580

It warms the cockles, I know I shouldn't have done but I always wondered whether the younger generation would have the jab or think they are invincible, it seems more want it than I thought.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i guess they wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t workable but the practical side of me thinks walk up particularly on busy days is more likely to mean admin / paperwork mix ups as people do this on site under pressure and what happens 8-12 weeks down the line when people turn up for jab 2 and there is no record of jan 1 (maybe will all under 30 getting pfizer it wont matter)

just feel like we already had a good appointment system working really well, why mess with a winning formula in the last phases

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

somebody just raised the big gap of undocumented people who will miss out in vaccination which hadnt occurred to me ,

so actually if these walk ins are allowed to provide vaccination to that group with no repercussions , a bit of a medical amnesty as such , then that would be an excellent use for them

» Add a new message to this topic