FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Test & Trace lose 550,000,000 tests

Test & Trace lose 550,000,000 tests

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ethnmelv OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Now as an acknowledged supper fan of Dido Harding and Test & Trace, I just want to point out that any government department with £37bn to spend could easily have lost 84% of all the Tests it sent out. Who are the National Audit Office to criticise Saint Dido, I mean it happened over almost 3 months, and could have occurred under anyone of the Tory Party’s leadership.

It’s probably best to move her to run the NHS now, especially as her husband wants to privatise it.

It is such a shame this isn’t made up - what an absolute bunch of criminals we have running our country now. They aren’t even smart criminals

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Chudleigh

…clearly I meant ‘super’ and not ‘supper’, that would be far too silly

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

What's the process for the LTF tests being tracked and sent out?

I don't know as I haven't had one.

When you receive an LTF does it have a barcode that has been registered at the point of dispatch to the name and address where it has been sent, or is the barcode tracking only activated when the recipient inputs the details to the tracking system?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Doesn’t surprise me. When they made the promotional videos for Covid testing they used clinical and business directors of health organisations to add credibility, they then lost the tests, maladministered the results and barely any of the people in the videos actually received a result, but PHE made it all up and the videos were used

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What's the process for the LTF tests being tracked and sent out?

When you receive an LTF does it have a barcode that has been registered at the point of dispatch to the name and address where it has been sent, or is the barcode tracking only activated when the recipient inputs the details to the tracking system?

"

I picked some up from the supermarket the other day, didn’t have to show ID or sign anything. I haven’t opened the box yet, so don’t know what’s inside.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

did the tests even exist other than on the invoices that the tory's chums were paid their billions from?

Chudleigh

& we thought PPE was a scandal how much of our money are we willing to let these charlatans waste. How about a bit of accountability, starting at the top

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

Just remember all the money been stolen and wasted is going to have to be paid back by us in taxes over the next 25 years and it will make the debt crisis seem like a drop in the ocean compared to this so the money men are predicting

By *amesoflondonMan  over a year ago

London

Something about talk talk. Once is questionable. Twice?

Confident that the United Kingdom Anti-Corruption Champion, John Penrose, (Mr Harding if you will) at the Cabinet Office will fully probe and punish as required...

Chudleigh

"did the tests even exist other than on the invoices that the tory's chums were paid their billions from?"

I don’t actually think they are clever enough to do that. They just seem to be idiots

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Mr Johnson will accept the 'apology', so we can rest assured that everything is in order and, if anything, it's because she's already partly working at her new job promotion. That party has long since committed to rid itself of sleaze that it got known for.

On the subject of health, the border in the Irish sea was agreed to by the party, to help to improve citizens' health, by reducing sausage intake. They have to pretend to be surprised that checks are necessary, despite it being their deal, as it's important to tackle obesity, to help to fight covid. Global Britain and Northern Ireland rule the waves.

Losing a few £billions is easy, if your accountant ensures that it's not you that will be paying towards it, via avoidable taxes.

The issue and beauty ofs the tests is that they are small and easily lost, like numbers in spreadsheets.

"

The ones I have (the ones sent out from NHS) you take the test and has a qr code to scan

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I have been doing LFT's twice weekly since they came out, I have collected them from the local testing station and used them, none of the tests have come back positive and I have not bothered reporting this; what is the point.

If everyone or even a percentage have done the same, the tests have not been lost; just not reported; Had mine been positive at any point i would of course have acted appropriately.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"

No.. Just go to your chemist and grab a few boxes.

"

It has a code along the top. You enter the code along with your details on the dedicated website and can chose positive, negative or void. Responsibility for reporting on LFTs is placed on the user.

I've done about eight. Seven were negative, one was faulty.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I report all of mine... I do 4 a week...most weeks.. sometimes just two. But I always report them even if negative or on rare occasions its been unreadable.

It takes me less than 5mins each time

not surprising as the whole test and trace idea is just a money laundering exercise to steal from the public purse and put into the pockets of tories and their cronies.

I picked some up from the supermarket the other day, didn’t have to show ID or sign anything. I haven’t opened the box yet, so don’t know what’s inside."

7 LFT DEVICES

7 LONG SWABS

7 REAGANT CAPSULES

7 MIXING TUBES WITH SPOUT

7 SEALABLE PLASTIC BAGS

1 INSTRUCTION LEAFLET

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Now as an acknowledged supper fan of Dido Harding and Test & Trace, I just want to point out that any government department with £37bn to spend could easily have lost 84% of all the Tests it sent out. Who are the National Audit Office to criticise Saint Dido, I mean it happened over almost 3 months, and could have occurred under anyone of the Tory Party’s leadership.

It’s probably best to move her to run the NHS now, especially as her husband wants to privatise it.

It is such a shame this isn’t made up - what an absolute bunch of criminals we have running our country now. They aren’t even smart criminals "

Just curious as I haven't heard anything about this yet, were they lost or have people just not used them/reported the results?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Now as an acknowledged supper fan of Dido Harding and Test & Trace, I just want to point out that any government department with £37bn to spend could easily have lost 84% of all the Tests it sent out. Who are the National Audit Office to criticise Saint Dido, I mean it happened over almost 3 months, and could have occurred under anyone of the Tory Party’s leadership.

It is such a shame this isn’t made up - what an absolute bunch of criminals we have running our country now. They aren’t even smart criminals "

Just wait till see is running the NHS

Chudleigh

It is such a shame this isn’t made up - what an absolute bunch of criminals we have running our country now. They aren’t even smart criminals

Just curious as I haven't heard anything about this yet, were they lost or have people just not used them/reported the results? "

Well, shall we just think for a minute. If I had £37bn and I was asked to monitor test & trace. If I couldn’t trace 86% of the test would I be regarded as successful?

Dudley

Just curious as I haven't heard anything about this yet, were they lost or have people just not used them/reported the results?

Well, shall we just think for a minute. If I had £37bn and I was asked to monitor test & trace. If I couldn’t trace 86% of the test would I be regarded as successful? "

It was a genuine question

Tests are being handed out everywhere now so I wondered if you meant she'd actually lost them in transit

Chudleigh

Well, shall we just think for a minute. If I had £37bn and I was asked to monitor test & trace. If I couldn’t trace 86% of the test would I be regarded as successful?

Tests are being handed out everywhere now so I wondered if you meant she'd actually lost them in transit "

Well, losing 86% of everything you dispatched is not good. Where you lost them is kind of irrelevant

Did they check down the back of the sofa? That's where stuff tends to get lost.

"…clearly I meant ‘super’ and not ‘supper’, that would be far too silly "

I don’t think that is silly. She may change her super hero name depending on the time of day :-

Breakfast Dido

Elevenses Dido

Lunch Dido

Afternoon Tea Dido

Dinner Dido

Supper Dido (already described)

I only pray she does not become NHS CEO Dido.

Dudley

Tests are being handed out everywhere now so I wondered if you meant she'd actually lost them in transit

Well, losing 86% of everything you dispatched is not good. Where you lost them is kind of irrelevant "

Don't get me wrong, it's not a great system of you can't track them but if they are being sent out to pharmacies that are then handing them out, once they left the pharmacy, how are they supposed to track them?

I'm not defending her, I'm just genuinely curious.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To be fair, it's a bit of a none-story really. The tests haven't been lost, they just haven't been "registered".

There are lots of people who are doing these tests every couple of days and will only bother registering them IF they are positive. For most people the idea that you need to make contact and tell the NHS that you're OK every few days seem a little alien and it's only really important to tell someone if you're not OK.

Obviously from a DATA point of view, every test result SHOULD be reported.

Cal

"Just curious as I haven't heard anything about this yet, were they lost or have people just not used them/reported the results? "

People are not reporting the results.

Probably because they have not read the attached documentation.

You don't have to sign anything to get a test kit, just tick-a-box for the reason you need one...or just take one when offered outside the s/mart!

To be fair, it isn't Dildos' fault. It's the whole horde of other money-grabbers burrowing-away underneath her....I mean; what justification is there for paying a 'consultant' £6000 a day?

liverpool

"

You don't have to sign anything to get a test kit, just tick-a-box for the reason you need one...or just take one when offered outside the s/mart!

To be fair, it isn't Dildos' fault. It's the whole horde of other money-grabbers burrowing-away underneath her....I mean; what justification is there for paying a 'consultant' £6000 a day?"

Isnt she in charge of the operation?

By *dd_soxMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

I collected a kit from my local Tesco. When I go into work (I'm working from home) or go somewhere where i meet groups of people - i do a LFT at home. I use the ZOE C-19 app on my phone to report daily - and I add the rest results on there as and when.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"To be fair, it's a bit of a none-story really. The tests haven't been lost, they just haven't been "registered".

There are lots of people who are doing these tests every couple of days and will only bother registering them IF they are positive. For most people the idea that you need to make contact and tell the NHS that you're OK every few days seem a little alien and it's only really important to tell someone if you're not OK.

Cal"

here

"To be fair, it's a bit of a none-story really. The tests haven't been lost, they just haven't been "registered".

Cal"

This

By *olves22Man  over a year ago

dudley

I have worked at several test sites around the west midlands. The money being wasted is ridiculous. On a small lts site in lye we estimated over a 6 month period £20,000 was wasted on food now times that by over 600 sites.

Chudleigh

"

To be fair, it isn't Dildos' fault. It's the whole horde of other money-grabbers burrowing-away underneath her....I mean; what justification is there for paying a 'consultant' £6000 a day?

Isnt she in charge of the operation?"

With anyone involved with the Tory Party, the ‘buck does not stop here’. I think it is called the ‘Peter Principle’, these people rise to their level of incompetence, supported by other incompetents around them.

How did we end up with so many rich idiots running our country?

liverpool

"

Isnt she in charge of the operation?

With anyone involved with the Tory Party, the ‘buck does not stop here’. I think it is called the ‘Peter Principle’, these people rise to their level of incompetence, supported by other incompetents around them.

How did we end up with so many rich idiots running our country? "

We vote them in because people think someone who can say a few words in latin,is best suited to run the country.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

We do the LFT twice a week and enter the results

Many people ordered them because they're free and either don't use them or don't bother reporting the results.

How can the government be held accountable for stupid people ?

Ok, I would personally suggest that stupidity should be made a criminal offence but unfortunately many will disagree

Chudleigh

"We do the LFT twice a week and enter the results

Many people ordered them because they're free and either don't use them or don't bother reporting the results.

Ok, I would personally suggest that stupidity should be made a criminal offence but unfortunately many will disagree

"

Ok, so how about Amazon only know where 14% of your orders are, are they to blame or is it you for using them? The Govt and Dido set this up and are wasting our money - I don’t see that blaming the population is the answer. If this was the case, then we should never hold anyone accountable for anything

liverpool

"

Does shaking hands with covid patients after specifically warned not too,and then telling the nation, count?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Just for interest. Where did you get your 550 million headline figure from?

To get that number test and trace would have had to have lost the total tests for Britain, France, Italy, Spain, and Germany combined. Plus a few more for good measure.

Methinks that headline would make the Daily Mail blush.

here

Ok, so how about Amazon only know where 14% of your orders are, are they to blame or is it you for using them? The Govt and Dido set this up and are wasting our money - I don’t see that blaming the population is the answer. If this was the case, then we should never hold anyone accountable for anything "

When did you last receive an order from Amazon without providing your name and address?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've been ordering mine but my daughter picks hers up from the pharmacy.

It does say how to register the results on the literature with the tests x

Tin town

Ok, so how about Amazon only know where 14% of your orders are, are they to blame or is it you for using them? The Govt and Dido set this up and are wasting our money - I don’t see that blaming the population is the answer. If this was the case, then we should never hold anyone accountable for anything

When did you last receive an order from Amazon without providing your name and address?"

I often get my neighbours amazon orders...

Tin town

Cal"

More of a story about the twats who make it into a "story"... The media for deliberately lying about it and stirring and the people who.. Even though they have 4 boxes of free lfts unopened in the kitchen cupboard are more than happy to point the finger.

here

Cal

More of a story about the twats who make it into a "story"... The media for deliberately lying about it and stirring and the people who.. Even though they have 4 boxes of free lfts unopened in the kitchen cupboard are more than happy to point the finger. "

….. or those who have acquired them from their neighbours ….

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Am i missing something.are these tests lost or have they been handed out and either test has been done and only those testing positive have botherd the register the result or like most people i know have grabbed a cpl of boxes and there now sat on the side unopend?? And is this figure actually right?

By *aralewisCouple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

More failures from government

But if asked about it Boris would say the British public don’t care about that and our vaccination program going so well

It’s so sad his not got a clue

Scunthorpe

"More failures from government

But if asked about it Boris would say the British public don’t care about that and our vaccination program going so well

It’s so sad his not got a clue "

As I said earlier in the thread, this story is really just sensationalism.

The tests are not "lost", just not registered. It is not at all a surprise that many can't be bothered to go through the "uploading of results" for a negative result.

Dudley

[Removed by poster at 27/06/21 12:32:08]

Dudley

The tests are not "lost", just not registered. It is not at all a surprise that many can't be bothered to go through the "uploading of results" for a negative result. "

That's pretty much what I was trying to find out. Misused or not registered is not the same as someone losing them. More dramatic headlines with misleading information.

By *hebestrimmerMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

The LFT have a serial numbr, you register with NHS and report the results. They send an email and text to aknowledge the result

Scunthorpe

The tests are not "lost", just not registered. It is not at all a surprise that many can't be bothered to go through the "uploading of results" for a negative result.

That's pretty much what I was trying to find out. Misused or not registered is not the same as someone losing them. More dramatic headlines with misleading information."

Don't get me wrong, I do think that the present government are pretty poor and have done rubbish in most aspects of handling the situation. I very much believe in "calling a spade a spade", but this spade is much more of a Tea-spoon

Cal

[Removed by poster at 27/06/21 13:34:12]

[Removed by poster at 27/06/21 13:34:15]

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Assuming that the real situation is just that a load of test kits have been issued to the populace and either not yet been used, or have been used but negative results not always registered, this is a non-story.

On the other hand if it should in due course become apparent that there has been any case of public funds being paid for test kits that never in fact existed, or any other form of creative accounting (eg. maybe being paid for 100 boxes of test kits, then actually supplying only 100 tests) then I would hope that in the fullness of time the perpetrators would be brought to justice. Given that this is an ongoing war against an invisible enemy, I would suggest that instead of a delayed "inquiry" that will be constituted specifically to find no fault and will have no legal force anyway, we should have from the start been conducting wartime-type tribunals with the power to apply the most severe sanctions against even the highest officials of the land when found to have abused their positions for self-gain.

Tin town

"Am i missing something.are these tests lost or have they been handed out and either test has been done and only those testing positive have botherd the register the result or like most people i know have grabbed a cpl of boxes and there now sat on the side unopend?? And is this figure actually right?"

Yes I'm sure the already overburdened nhs would love people contacting them 3 times a week to tell them they haven't got covid. That's a great use of time and energy.

Tin town

It’s so sad his not got a clue "

I'm not sure Many on here have a clue about this story but just replying to a headline.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Cal"

Tin town

Cal

"

Why? Isn't that just data for the sake of data? Like all the nhs personal records they are gathering. Do we ever see any meaningful reporting back of the lft tests? We seem to have gone test crazy and personal data crazy... Let's hear a benefit first.

Cal

Why? Isn't that just data for the sake of data? Like all the nhs personal records they are gathering. Do we ever see any meaningful reporting back of the lft tests? We seem to have gone test crazy and personal data crazy... Let's hear a benefit first. "

If you have a population in a city with 200K people and nobody tests, the government, local council and medical services are completely blind as to what level the virus is at and the rate it is spreading at in their area and cannot make decisions on funding, provisioning of services and resources etc., not knowing how good or bad things are locally.

Surge testing has always resulted in a reduction in cases per hundred people because they identify an area of concern, test as many as possible and act accordingly.

If you have a load of tests going out and no replies, it's a waste of tax payers money. Even if you report that you're negative, you're still helping all parties to understand the status of the virus in your area and how they should respond.

Dudley

Cal

Why? Isn't that just data for the sake of data? Like all the nhs personal records they are gathering. Do we ever see any meaningful reporting back of the lft tests? We seem to have gone test crazy and personal data crazy... Let's hear a benefit first. "

It monitors the spread of the virus and where there are outbreaks. It also let's them know where to send more tests/ what percentage of the population is testing etc.

As for health data, that also shows them where services are needed, which areas are using which services etc.

Tin town

Cal

Why? Isn't that just data for the sake of data? Like all the nhs personal records they are gathering. Do we ever see any meaningful reporting back of the lft tests? We seem to have gone test crazy and personal data crazy... Let's hear a benefit first.

If you have a population in a city with 200K people and nobody tests, the government, local council and medical services are completely blind as to what level the virus is at and the rate it is spreading at in their area and cannot make decisions on funding, provisioning of services and resources etc., not knowing how good or bad things are locally.

Surge testing has always resulted in a reduction in cases per hundred people because they identify an area of concern, test as many as possible and act accordingly.

If you have a load of tests going out and no replies, it's a waste of tax payers money. Even if you report that you're negative, you're still helping all parties to understand the status of the virus in your area and how they should respond."

So what actions are changed as a consequence of any of the testing? There's no lock downs.... No changing of events numbers... The numbers are going through the roof.... And a big fat so what I'd suggest... All we are doing is encouraging more and more mixing, removing travel quarantine from Amber list countries and increasing international travel? Tbh I can't really see the point of any testing any more other than for clinical need and diagnosis.

Cal

If you have a load of tests going out and no replies, it's a waste of tax payers money. Even if you report that you're negative, you're still helping all parties to understand the status of the virus in your area and how they should respond.

So what actions are changed as a consequence of any of the testing? There's no lock downs.... No changing of events numbers... The numbers are going through the roof.... And a big fat so what I'd suggest... All we are doing is encouraging more and more mixing, removing travel quarantine from Amber list countries and increasing international travel? Tbh I can't really see the point of any testing any more other than for clinical need and diagnosis. "

There were the regional tiers, the Scottish travel ban to Manchester, it impacts local services like recycling centres being closed, hospital services being shuffled (some cancer treatments were cancelled whereas in other parts of the country they continued). All sorts of services are affected by the results.

Tin town

Cal

So what actions are changed as a consequence of any of the testing? There's no lock downs.... No changing of events numbers... The numbers are going through the roof.... And a big fat so what I'd suggest... All we are doing is encouraging more and more mixing, removing travel quarantine from Amber list countries and increasing international travel? Tbh I can't really see the point of any testing any more other than for clinical need and diagnosis.

There were the regional tiers, the Scottish travel ban to Manchester, it impacts local services like recycling centres being closed, hospital services being shuffled (some cancer treatments were cancelled whereas in other parts of the country they continued). All sorts of services are affected by the results."

I'll take your word for it. But certainly None have been affected in the 4 areas of the country I have knowledge of. I personally feel mass testing has become an expensive side show now adding little value. I've certainly never seen any news item that mentions number of negative tests... "We've done 200k lfts and 170k were negative" .. And I've never seen any news about council recycling being closed because 59k people have reported negative lft test results.

I didn't realise fab had become a Twitter equivalent...full of anti government ranters. Jesus! Is there nowhere sacred from this shit!!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I didn't realise fab had become a Twitter equivalent...full of anti government ranters. Jesus! Is there nowhere sacred from this shit!!"

The parts of the forum not dedicated to political or political adjacent matters?

Dudley

Cal

There were the regional tiers, the Scottish travel ban to Manchester, it impacts local services like recycling centres being closed, hospital services being shuffled (some cancer treatments were cancelled whereas in other parts of the country they continued). All sorts of services are affected by the results.

I'll take your word for it. But certainly None have been affected in the 4 areas of the country I have knowledge of. I personally feel mass testing has become an expensive side show now adding little value. I've certainly never seen any news item that mentions number of negative tests... "We've done 200k lfts and 170k were negative" .. And I've never seen any news about council recycling being closed because 59k people have reported negative lft test results."

Every day on the .gov website the amount of tests done and the amount positive are published so you can use that to see how many are negative.

Just because not every little thing is announced, it doesn't mean it isn't happening. You don't see behind the scenes any other time, why is it so offensive now?

Chudleigh

In 15 months, not once have either of us had to be tested. The App has never once flagged anything, neither have any places we have left our details. We haven’t been hermits, just careful. So my question really is - if we shut test & trace down tomorrow, would we notice any difference, other than saving billions of course…

"In 15 months, not once have either of us had to be tested. The App has never once flagged anything, neither have any places we have left our details. We haven’t been hermits, just careful. So my question really is - if we shut test & trace down tomorrow, would we notice any difference, other than saving billions of course… "

I don't think that you thought that comment through properly and should urge you to think on it a little further.

Tin town

Cal

I'll take your word for it. But certainly None have been affected in the 4 areas of the country I have knowledge of. I personally feel mass testing has become an expensive side show now adding little value. I've certainly never seen any news item that mentions number of negative tests... "We've done 200k lfts and 170k were negative" .. And I've never seen any news about council recycling being closed because 59k people have reported negative lft test results.

Every day on the .gov website the amount of tests done and the amount positive are published so you can use that to see how many are negative.

Just because not every little thing is announced, it doesn't mean it isn't happening. You don't see behind the scenes any other time, why is it so offensive now? "

So you're making an assumption that number of tests minus positive tests is by definition a negative test? Interesting science!

"So you're making an assumption that number of tests minus positive tests is by definition a negative test? Interesting science! "

Tests can only be positive, negative or void. Only a tiny minority are void. If you subtract the number of positive tests and the small number of void tests from the total number of tests completed, what else could they be but negative?

Or were you just trolling and trying to split a hair ten ways because she didn't mention that a tiny few of those figures will be void?

If you have 10,000 pieces of fruit, comprised of 7,000 apples, 2,500 oranges and 500 pears and you remove all of the oranges and pears, is it not correct to say that you have 7,000 apples left over?

Dudley

Cal

Just because not every little thing is announced, it doesn't mean it isn't happening. You don't see behind the scenes any other time, why is it so offensive now?

So you're making an assumption that number of tests minus positive tests is by definition a negative test? Interesting science! "

You're just nitpicking now, I've given you a reasonable answer.

By *reemindCoolMan  over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

Yes she was trained well at Talk Talk

Tin town

Cal

So you're making an assumption that number of tests minus positive tests is by definition a negative test? Interesting science!

You're just nitpicking now, I've given you a reasonable answer. "

No not at all... How many lfts have been issued? The point is we don't know... Of the ones issued how many have been used or spoiled or lost? We don't know. So subtracting one number from a number we don't know does not give us an accurate or even close to accurate answer. If the number is not accurate its meaningless. If it was meaningful it would be published as all the other numbers are that are important. Its not. Conclusion. It's not important.

Scunthorpe

Cal

So you're making an assumption that number of tests minus positive tests is by definition a negative test? Interesting science! "

In this case it is just that, the number of tests "published" is the number of recorded results not the number of tests distributed. So the number of negatives WOULD be what's left.

Cal

Chudleigh

"In 15 months, not once have either of us had to be tested. The App has never once flagged anything, neither have any places we have left our details. We haven’t been hermits, just careful. So my question really is - if we shut test & trace down tomorrow, would we notice any difference, other than saving billions of course…

I don't think that you thought that comment through properly and should urge you to think on it a little further."

Help me out?

Dudley

Cal

You're just nitpicking now, I've given you a reasonable answer.

No not at all... How many lfts have been issued? The point is we don't know... Of the ones issued how many have been used or spoiled or lost? We don't know. So subtracting one number from a number we don't know does not give us an accurate or even close to accurate answer. If the number is not accurate its meaningless. If it was meaningful it would be published as all the other numbers are that are important. Its not. Conclusion. It's not important. "

What are you even talking about? I'm starting to think you're just looking for things to be annoyed about.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"In 15 months, not once have either of us had to be tested. The App has never once flagged anything, neither have any places we have left our details. We haven’t been hermits, just careful. So my question really is - if we shut test & trace down tomorrow, would we notice any difference, other than saving billions of course…

I don't think that you thought that comment through properly and should urge you to think on it a little further.

Help me out? "

Answer: Yes the test and trace system as implemented by this governments friends and relatives has been an appalling example of systematic corruption and waste. In spite of the fact that all the money was supposed to go into off shore bank accounts, some of those employed by the system did not get the message and have somehow managed to implement a scheme that has at least some slight utility. The testing has helped obtain a level of information about the spread of the virus, which has very likely saved thousands of lives through targeting health care and encouraging the population to modify their behaviour somewhat.

The trace side of the system on the other hand has been an unmitigated disaster, I would be highly surprised if there has been even one in a hundred traced of those who came into contact with an infected person. But proper tracing to prevent an epidemic can only ever work when the number of infected individuals is so low that personal interviewing of each and every immediate contact can be performed, plus contacts of contacts, and contacts of contacts of contacts. Tracing was doomed when the borders failed to be closed during the first week of covid reaching Europe.

We are now in a hole, we have been trying to climb out of the hole for the last 15 months, and all the tools that have been thrown at the task have helped in some slight way. Value for money? With a competent and honest government far better results could have been achieved at a fraction of the cost. Time to write off the money and stop even trying to do anything? We have climbed so high and are so close to the top of the hole now, that it would be idiocy to fall back to the bottom. What we should do is get over the edge, dust ourselves off, then throw back into the hole all those who have lied, cheated and profiteered out of the deaths and illness of so many.

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Dido was the CEO where I previously worked and have to say, she is an exceptionally talented leader. The blame for the test missing is not down to track and trace, only 14% of those sent have been registered. Blame for this is within the wider tory party. Hopefully when the next election comes, people will remember who those pandemic was handled

here

Help me out?

Answer: Yes the test and trace system as implemented by this governments friends and relatives has been an appalling example of systematic corruption and waste. In spite of the fact that all the money was supposed to go into off shore bank accounts, some of those employed by the system did not get the message and have somehow managed to implement a scheme that has at least some slight utility. The testing has helped obtain a level of information about the spread of the virus, which has very likely saved thousands of lives through targeting health care and encouraging the population to modify their behaviour somewhat.

The trace side of the system on the other hand has been an unmitigated disaster, I would be highly surprised if there has been even one in a hundred traced of those who came into contact with an infected person. But proper tracing to prevent an epidemic can only ever work when the number of infected individuals is so low that personal interviewing of each and every immediate contact can be performed, plus contacts of contacts, and contacts of contacts of contacts. Tracing was doomed when the borders failed to be closed during the first week of covid reaching Europe.

We are now in a hole, we have been trying to climb out of the hole for the last 15 months, and all the tools that have been thrown at the task have helped in some slight way. Value for money? With a competent and honest government far better results could have been achieved at a fraction of the cost. Time to write off the money and stop even trying to do anything? We have climbed so high and are so close to the top of the hole now, that it would be idiocy to fall back to the bottom. What we should do is get over the edge, dust ourselves off, then throw back into the hole all those who have lied, cheated and profiteered out of the deaths and illness of so many."

Three paragraphs of your political opinion.

A more objective and constructive view of the impact of the nhs track and trace system :

“The NHS contact-tracing app had a significant impact on lowering the spread of the coronavirus in the UK, a peer-reviewed paper has found.

Researchers estimate the app prevented hundreds of thousands of cases of the disease, and thousands of deaths.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57102664

You need a tin-foil hat on just to read half the comments on this post.. jeez

» Add a new message to this topic