FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > There is a freedom march in london today.

There is a freedom march in london today.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I am watching it live from london, are you? The cheer number of people that are there demonstrating are loads, there

must be at least 100000 people there, even more. I think that it is in oxford street.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

What are they marching for freedom from? Too much to expect that it's about economic injustice? Against racial prejudice? Global human trafficking and sl@very? Discrimination on the basis of gender, sexuality, disability, ethnic origin or other characteristics? Environmental damage and climate change? Global conflict?

Too much to expect that it's about anything that is actually important. Let me guess, a bunch of anti vax conspiracy theory facetube watcher narcissists that are moaning because during a time of a plague sweeping across the world they were asked to stop coughing and sneezing on other people and that it was dangerous to let hundreds of people to crowd to together and get pissed?

Fuck me, there's no wonder that the country is going to shit when the only thing people are prepared to demonstrate about is made up bollocks on the internet and "wanna go pub".

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

If I was anywhere near London I would have been there.. but the footage is remarkable. The tide is definitely turning which I for one am delighted to see. My favourite image of the day is the T-shirt that says ‘we’ll keep fighting for your freedoms until you wake up’

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm too busy, I went to the gym, I'm going out tonight. I guess with my active social life I'm missing the tyranny and oppression. Easily done.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

This is a wonderful way to spread the Delta varriant.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Freedom from what?

An oppressive stste that they voted for?

Freedom from the woke-lefties that they didn’t vote for?

Freedom from disease?

Freedom from freedom?

Think I’ll give the march, and march-ers, a miss.

Freedom from what?

An oppressive state that they voted for?

Freedom from the woke-lefties that they didn’t vote for?

Freedom from disease?

Freedom from freedom?

Think I’ll give the march, and march-ers, a miss.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"If I was anywhere near London I would have been there.. but the footage is remarkable. The tide is definitely turning which I for one am delighted to see. My favourite image of the day is the T-shirt that says ‘we’ll keep fighting for your freedoms until you wake up’ "

Absolutely ridiculous, what freedom's are they fighting for and I never asked anyone to protest for me and my family!!

Most of the people who are whinging about lack of freedom are probably there so really they are only marching for themselves certainly not speaking for the majority of the country who are clued up enough to know all this anti government crap is just that crap. Driven by the same group of militant activists who just jump from one band wagon to another followed by their loyal sheep who will tag along to whatever trendy cause they are stamping their feet up and down about this week.

Marching for my freedoms. Not even close.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"If I was anywhere near London I would have been there.. but the footage is remarkable. The tide is definitely turning which I for one am delighted to see. My favourite image of the day is the T-shirt that says ‘we’ll keep fighting for your freedoms until you wake up’ "

With respect that tee shirt has got to be one of the most ridiculous, patronising piles of festering dog shit ever written..

Rewritten to 'so down the rabbit hole I've lost sight of reality' would be more apt..

couple, us we him her.

And actually I find it fucking insulting that they dare to say they are marching for us all.

NO ONE ASKED THEM TO.

If this is such a tyrannical regime how come they are allowed to march ?

A country without freedom's would have had water cannons and armed soldiers.

Ridiculous

Stockport

"And actually I find it fucking insulting that they dare to say they are marching for us all.

NO ONE ASKED THEM TO.

If this is such a tyrannical regime how come they are allowed to march ?

A country without freedom's would have had water cannons and armed soldiers.

Ridiculous"

A country without freedoms wouldn't even have an uncensored internet that allows them to talk about this bollocks in the first place.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Best time to march is as things are gradually coming to an end and they can claim its because they marched...fucktards.

Manchester (she/her)

"Best time to march is as things are gradually coming to an end and they can claim its because they marched...fucktards."

Although I'm like - I can do 95% of what I want, this is a bit of an overreaction maybe

Stockport

It's been quite nice the last 12 months with people keeping their germs to themselves. I've never had a full year before without picking up some respiratory infection, I hadn't realised that it is actually possible to be healthy through the winter. If I never have to sit next to some fucktard spraying snot everywhere again, it'll be too soon.

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Best time to march is as things are gradually coming to an end and they can claim its because they marched...fucktards.

Although I'm like - I can do 95% of what I want, this is a bit of an overreaction maybe"

Exactly this...foreign travel is an issue but that relies as much on other countries as the UK....and swingers clubs aren't open....that's it. I've just had a read and it's not just virus related theres every anti something group going that are there so it's just their way of having a day out. The hard core will no doubt be burning stuff later on.

Galaxy Far Far Away

And the first incoming abusive message calling it a plandemic and then blocking and scurrying away appears...never takes long

Manchester (she/her)

"It's been quite nice the last 12 months with people keeping their germs to themselves. I've never had a full year before without picking up some respiratory infection, I hadn't realised that it is actually possible to be healthy through the winter. If I never have to sit next to some fucktard spraying snot everywhere again, it'll be too soon."

There's a new US study (or report, I heard it on a podcast) showing that in areas with high vaccine uptake, there's an uptick of regular respiratory viruses two weeks after someone has a birthday in the household, and an uptick in Covid where vaccine uptake is lower

"It's been quite nice the last 12 months with people keeping their germs to themselves. I've never had a full year before without picking up some respiratory infection, I hadn't realised that it is actually possible to be healthy through the winter. If I never have to sit next to some fucktard spraying snot everywhere again, it'll be too soon."

By *jhj69Couple  over a year ago

sale

Absolute bell ends. Marching for freedom in itself is a hilarious concept. Having lived in countries that aren’t actually free, a march of this type would have ended with a number of deaths after a massive military intervention, then a media black out and people being detained indefinitely by the security services. They’re marching for inconvenience not freedom.

sale

Who exactly are they fighting? Are they trying to overthrow an oppressive unelected regime? The government of this country may well be a bunch of incompetent morons but let’s be honest. Boris isn’t Pinochet, Marcos, Chairman Mao or Pol Pot. He hasn’t got the ability to be that ruthless. What we have here are a bunch of people who’ve been inconvenienced ( a lot in some cases) but they’re not “fighting for freedom” in any way shape or form

By *eaky00Man  over a year ago

Norfolk

"I'm too busy, I went to the gym, I'm going out tonight. I guess with my active social life I'm missing the tyranny and oppression. Easily done."

I assume they are marching to express how they want the freedoms back people had before this pandemic occurred . And to express how people want them all back and not just some .

Oppression ? Currently the government can tell you wether you can sing or not . Wether you can dance or not , wether you can go to a school sports day or not . What countries you should or shouldn’t travel to . How many people you can have in a theatre or an office or indeed your own house or back garden, mandated to wear masks for large parts of people’s day , how many people you can have at a wedding and a funeral, how many people you can have in a bowling alley , cinema or restaurant .

Nightclubs remain closed . As do live music events . And a few other things too. Maybe they are marching for this and to ensure that all the above things are returned to us as promised .

in Lancashire

"I'm too busy, I went to the gym, I'm going out tonight. I guess with my active social life I'm missing the tyranny and oppression. Easily done.

I assume they are marching to express how they want the freedoms back people had before this pandemic occurred . And to express how people want them all back and not just some .

Oppression ? Currently the government can tell you wether you can sing or not . Wether you can dance or not , wether you can go to a school sports day or not . What countries you should or shouldn’t travel to . How many people you can have in a theatre or an office or indeed your own house or back garden, mandated to wear masks for large parts of people’s day , how many people you can have at a wedding and a funeral, how many people you can have in a bowling alley , cinema or restaurant .

Nightclubs remain closed . As do live music events . And a few other things too. Maybe they are marching for this and to ensure that all the above things are returned to us as promised ."

FFS, get a grip..

For the record I've been less than complimentary about many aspects of how this government has handled this pandemic but to suggest we are oppressed or any such thing is completely stupid..

Go and look at the numbers of deaths, both here and globally and then try and imagine what those numbers would have been with all the heartaches for families and loved ones had the government not acted to try and limit that (which they could have done much better, imho)..

Norfolk

Also there have been no rise or spikes in infections following protests or outdoor gatherings.

Norfolk

"I'm too busy, I went to the gym, I'm going out tonight. I guess with my active social life I'm missing the tyranny and oppression. Easily done.

Nightclubs remain closed . As do live music events . And a few other things too. Maybe they are marching for this and to ensure that all the above things are returned to us as promised .

FFS, get a grip..

For the record I've been less than complimentary about many aspects of how this government has handled this pandemic but to suggest we are oppressed or any such thing is completely stupid..

Go and look at the numbers of deaths, both here and globally and then try and imagine what those numbers would have been with all the heartaches for families and loved ones had the government not acted to try and limit that (which they could have done much better, imho).."

Totally agree the steps were needed at first and at points of the pandemic .But the time now has come to end them and open things up, people and businesses are still desperate and on their knees and hanging on by a thread and every day that goes on does even more damage . They also need to allow people to be accountable for themselves , personal accountability . If they are worried about going to somewhere then don’t go .

in Lancashire

"Also there have been no rise or spikes in infections following protests or outdoor gatherings. "

Tbh the right to protest for me has to be respected whilst responsible by those taking part but there's an element of the rent a mob who turn up to anything to have a tear up with the police, trash the gaff etc..

And the 'cause' is largely the games being played by the anti vaxxers and conspiracy theorists who like the drugs companies are making money except in the former it's out of the gullibility of the easily led..

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I thought it was several marches?

Climate control,anti police marches etc

I don't think its just a freedom one.

couple, us we him her.

FFS, get a grip..

Go and look at the numbers of deaths, both here and globally and then try and imagine what those numbers would have been with all the heartaches for families and loved ones had the government not acted to try and limit that (which they could have done much better, imho)..

Totally agree the steps were needed at first and at points of the pandemic .But the time now has come to end them and open things up, people and businesses are still desperate and on their knees and hanging on by a thread and every day that goes on does even more damage . They also need to allow people to be accountable for themselves , personal accountability . If they are worried about going to somewhere then don’t go . "

In your opinion, don't say that you are talking for me or millions of others.

Norfolk

FFS, get a grip..

Totally agree the steps were needed at first and at points of the pandemic .But the time now has come to end them and open things up, people and businesses are still desperate and on their knees and hanging on by a thread and every day that goes on does even more damage . They also need to allow people to be accountable for themselves , personal accountability . If they are worried about going to somewhere then don’t go .

In your opinion, don't say that you are talking for me or millions of others."

If I type it I would think the fact it’s my opinion would be clear

By *oriarty99Man  over a year ago

London

Group of idiots.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

FFS, get a grip..

In your opinion, don't say that you are talking for me or millions of others."

I will echo that also, you are not talking for me or winning me any freedoms but what you are doing is prolonging this whole situation and potentially risking people's lives. Every single person that is there today is a selfish idiot in my opinion, they should fine every single one of them

Manchester (she/her)

Nightclubs remain closed . As do live music events . And a few other things too. Maybe they are marching for this and to ensure that all the above things are returned to us as promised ."

Reasonable measures during a public health crisis. I know some don't seem to grasp this.

For those who do grasp it, this all looks rather silly.

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

These little dickheads have no idea what an actual country that isn’t free is like

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"These little dickheads have no idea what an actual country that isn’t free is like"

Absolutely, maybe they could do a house swap for 12 months with folks who actually live in a country with no rights or freedoms.

When I say house swap, probably would be an actual house.

Marching for freedom.

If you are actually marching and not being fired on by a militia or gassed, isn't that freedom.

Wonder what would happen if they did have to suffer a mild inconvenience.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I'm too busy, I went to the gym, I'm going out tonight. I guess with my active social life I'm missing the tyranny and oppression. Easily done."

Not watched it, not sure what they are actually protesting about as there is very little we can't do now

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

You only get freedoms when gun law is abolished. In the UK we panic bought baked beans and toilet rolls, in the US bullets.

For those that want lax freedoms, don't complain when you are looking down the wrong end of barrel when you are being car jacked or burgled, or your family is attacked.

These marchers are total dimwits.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

Yet the Government and its cronies do as they like.

G7.. UEFA... HANCOCK

liverpool

"These little dickheads have no idea what an actual country that isn’t free is like

Absolutely, maybe they could do a house swap for 12 months with folks who actually live in a country with no rights or freedoms.

Marching for freedom.

If you are actually marching and not being fired on by a militia or gassed, isn't that freedom.

"

Tbf some of the anti protest legislation they are bringing in,is mot what you would expect to see in a democracy.

Manchester (she/her)

"These little dickheads have no idea what an actual country that isn’t free is like

Marching for freedom.

Tbf some of the anti protest legislation they are bringing in,is mot what you would expect to see in a democracy."

Oh that I agree is a problem. I'm not sure what can be done about it, and I'm certainly not lending my voice or credibility to the nonsense involved.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm not sure that I'd trust the type of people there to have given up their freedoms as much as most of us have.

I guess they're not too bothered about spreading the Delta around the country even more. Utterly stupid and pointless.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Too right, wake up

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Fucking morons, they do not speak for me or protest in my behalf, they are doing it because they can and they just want to say they did it. It's fuck all to do with the good of the country.

All of them should face fines for being fucking idiots.

Dudley

"If I was anywhere near London I would have been there.. but the footage is remarkable. The tide is definitely turning which I for one am delighted to see. My favourite image of the day is the T-shirt that says ‘we’ll keep fighting for your freedoms until you wake up’

Too right, wake up"

Wake up to what exactly?

Manchester (she/her)

"Fucking morons, they do not speak for me or protest in my behalf, they are doing it because they can and they just want to say they did it. It's fuck all to do with the good of the country.

All of them should face fines for being fucking idiots. "

They emphatically do not speak for me, either.

barnstaple

"If I was anywhere near London I would have been there.. but the footage is remarkable. The tide is definitely turning which I for one am delighted to see. My favourite image of the day is the T-shirt that says ‘we’ll keep fighting for your freedoms until you wake up’

Too right, wake up

Wake up to what exactly? "

You will know when it happens

Manchester (she/her)

Too right, wake up

Wake up to what exactly?

You will know when it happens "

Oh, something that isn't defined, people won't define, that will happen at an unknown time?

Huh. I'd rather keep dealing with the known threat and ignore the theatrics

By *ichiebigMan  over a year ago

nenagh

Typical English clowns, not a brain between ye,

in Lancashire

Too right, wake up

Wake up to what exactly?

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

There are freedom demonstrations not just in the UK btw.

Manchester (she/her)

"There are freedom demonstrations not just in the UK btw. "

Silliness is international

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"There are freedom demonstrations not just in the UK btw.

Silliness is international"

Indeed.

Ironically this idiocy is likely to result in and increase in infections and a further delay in lifting the last few restrictions

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"These little dickheads have no idea what an actual country that isn’t free is like"

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Is there an anti anti vax group?

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

The peoe saying" these idiots dont know what a real tyranny is" fail to grasp the our rights and the rights of those living in such countries are never taken in one go, they are always taken step by step in gradual overreach of the state.

Yes we live in an incredibly free society even with the restrictions. That's doesnt mean we shouldn't hold the government to task for what is a clear overreach and unnecessary power grab over a virus that is now affecting virtually no one.

teleford

. Society will always have its share of dumb fuckwits who’s grasp of reality bares no relationship to the real world! These are some of the most free humans who have ever lived, free from hunger, free to travel to protest, free to have the leisure time for such protest activities. Freedom comes with its own responsibilities and these folk know nothing about freedom or responsibility. Spoilt little dope smoking children who never grew up.

liverpool

" . Society will always have its share of dumb fuckwits who’s grasp of reality bares no relationship to the real world! These are some of the most free humans who have ever lived, free from hunger, free to travel to protest, free to have the leisure time for such protest activities. Freedom comes with its own responsibilities and these folk know nothing about freedom or responsibility. Spoilt little dope smoking children who never grew up. "

So you don't have a problem with the government trying to take away our rights to protest with the police crime and sentencing bill?

teleford

"The peoe saying" these idiots dont know what a real tyranny is" fail to grasp the our rights and the rights of those living in such countries are never taken in one go, they are always taken step by step in gradual overreach of the state.

Yes we live in an incredibly free society even with the restrictions. That's doesnt mean we shouldn't hold the government to task for what is a clear overreach and unnecessary power grab over a virus that is now affecting virtually no one. "

Holding the government to account is the job of the opposition and they are keeping very quiet... doesn't that tells all you need to know?? we don’t live under a Putin lifetime dictatorship, the controls government impose on us, they are also imposing on themselves, their families and their friends, both now and on beyond their term in office... the irony is we would normally expect to see overreach coming from a Labour gov not what would in normal circumstances be a small state, centre right conservative party. Labour are keeping quiet because they would be reaching further!

teleford

" . Society will always have its share of dumb fuckwits who’s grasp of reality bares no relationship to the real world! These are some of the most free humans who have ever lived, free from hunger, free to travel to protest, free to have the leisure time for such protest activities. Freedom comes with its own responsibilities and these folk know nothing about freedom or responsibility. Spoilt little dope smoking children who never grew up.

So you don't have a problem with the government trying to take away our rights to protest with the police crime and sentencing bill?"

Well I haven’t read the bill and neither have most of the protestors. Can you quote the paragraphs in question?

in Lancashire

" . Society will always have its share of dumb fuckwits who’s grasp of reality bares no relationship to the real world! These are some of the most free humans who have ever lived, free from hunger, free to travel to protest, free to have the leisure time for such protest activities. Freedom comes with its own responsibilities and these folk know nothing about freedom or responsibility. Spoilt little dope smoking children who never grew up.

So you don't have a problem with the government trying to take away our rights to protest with the police crime and sentencing bill?"

There are elements of that bill which are concerning but to try and say that the demo today is only about that is spurious at best..

teleford

So you don't have a problem with the government trying to take away our rights to protest with the police crime and sentencing bill?

There are elements of that bill which are concerning but to try and say that the demo today is only about that is spurious at best.."

It’s rent a mob, for most its protesting for protesting sake

Stockport

Most of the people there will be the fucking arseholes that brought this government in.

What the fuck are you going on about?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Can someone tell me what freedoms I have been denied.

What human rights have I lost or been violated / abused.

As far as I or we are concerned for the past 15 months or so, never worked so hard, not spent any money on the usual stuff and put a piece of paper over my face in Tesco's.

Tried to put a bit of space between myself and others, no issue.

Great part, knowing who not to meet when we decide to become a bit more active.

Dudley

"The peoe saying" these idiots dont know what a real tyranny is" fail to grasp the our rights and the rights of those living in such countries are never taken in one go, they are always taken step by step in gradual overreach of the state.

Yes we live in an incredibly free society even with the restrictions. That's doesnt mean we shouldn't hold the government to task for what is a clear overreach and unnecessary power grab over a virus that is now affecting virtually no one. "

How do you think we got covid to this point? By sacrificing some of the luxuries we are lucky enough to have in order to save lives.

Please, tell me which of your rights have been taken away.

Dudley

Too right, wake up

Wake up to what exactly?

Right, I'll take my chances thanks.

Absolute balderdash, spray the lot of them and clean the air !!

[Removed by poster at 27/06/21 00:55:29]

"This is a wonderful way to spread the Delta varriant.

Covid has been oroven to not soread outdoors...no march or large outdoor event has been confirmed to be a super soreader event..so your comment is based on what exactly?"

Covid has been proven* to not spread* outdoors...no march or large outdoor event has been confirmed to be a super soreader event..so your comment is based on what exactly?

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Covid has been oroven to not soread outdoors...no march or large outdoor event has been confirmed to be a super soreader event..so your comment is based on what exactly?

Covid has been proven* to not spread* outdoors...no march or large outdoor event has been confirmed to be a super soreader event..so your comment is based on what exactly?"

It is based on the idiocy of the people who marched.

By *el12345Man  over a year ago

blackpool

These protests in London with hundreds of thousands of people have been ongoing for months but the media never reports them unless they seriously downplay it.

If they reported them in the news then the sheep might start questioning why no ones dying after hundreds of thousands of people meet with no masks or social distancing

Dudley

"These protests in London with hundreds of thousands of people have been ongoing for months but the media never reports them unless they seriously downplay it.

If they reported them in the news then the sheep might start questioning why no ones dying after hundreds of thousands of people meet with no masks or social distancing"

People are still dying

"What are they marching for freedom from? Too much to expect that it's about economic injustice? Against racial prejudice? Global human trafficking and sl@very? Discrimination on the basis of gender, sexuality, disability, ethnic origin or other characteristics? Environmental damage and climate change? Global conflict?

Too much to expect that it's about anything that is actually important. Let me guess, a bunch of anti vax conspiracy theory facetube watcher narcissists that are moaning because during a time of a plague sweeping across the world they were asked to stop coughing and sneezing on other people and that it was dangerous to let hundreds of people to crowd to together and get pissed?

Fuck me, there's no wonder that the country is going to shit when the only thing people are prepared to demonstrate about is made up bollocks on the internet and "wanna go pub"."

This ^^^^

sale

"These protests in London with hundreds of thousands of people have been ongoing for months but the media never reports them unless they seriously downplay it.

If they reported them in the news then the sheep might start questioning why no ones dying after hundreds of thousands of people meet with no masks or social distancing"

Ahh “the sheep” argument. So the thousands of people following a March in London are the only ones who know “the truth”? The epidemiologists are lying to us for what reason? Don’t tell me. “The new world order”

blackpool

Total normal levels of deaths in all countries worldwide regardless of restrictions. A virus so deadly the population has skyrocketed

couple, us we him her.

If it's such a load of bullshit then I ask you, would you then happily go into a covid ward with sick people with you not wearing a mask or PPE?

Please burn it. They are not fighting for my freedom. I already have it and happy with what I have. They can march all they like but if the numbers go up again. Be prepared because whether you like it or not the GOVERNMENT WILL CLOSE EVERYTHING DOWN. So carry on protest for yourselves. Dnt do it for me. Bunch of mindless idiots. Zombie apocalypse. Load of BS

blackpool

Happily although most hospitals have been empty as ever. I havent wore a mask since the start, already had covid and was still healthy enough to go out. Real men simply aint scared of a lil cold

sale

"Happily although most hospitals have been empty as ever. I havent wore a mask since the start, already had covid and was still healthy enough to go out. Real men simply aint scared of a lil cold"

What a load of shite. “Real men” ?? you had Covid and spread it because it’s just a “lil cold” dear god how stupid are some people?

But these are the people who hate the 'woke' crowd. Do they want us awake or not? Make your fucking minds up

sale

"Total normal levels of deaths in all countries worldwide regardless of restrictions. A virus so deadly the population has skyrocketed "

None of that is actually true.

couple, us we him her.

"Happily although most hospitals have been empty as ever. I havent wore a mask since the start, already had covid and was still healthy enough to go out. Real men simply aint scared of a lil cold"

Your baiting people trying to get a rise but all you have done is made yourself look like a fool.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"Total normal levels of deaths in all countries worldwide regardless of restrictions. A virus so deadly the population has skyrocketed "

The population has skyrocketed? In 2020 there were more deaths than births. Only the second time this has happened since the 1890s. In both waves in the UK there were excess deaths compared to the 5 year average. But don’t let facts dispute your argument

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

You ain't worth the rant

By *corpionkingMan  over a year ago

London

Finally some one with good sense was waiting on a comment like this. Well put, if you boil a frog slowly it won't jump out the pot right away and will just sit there until it's dead. Same with democracy

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

You need to get out more fella...... Oh I forgot you can't because all your freedoms have been removed,,,, Get real

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

On average 400,000 people march to their vaccinations every day. Not just one organised day in London. These are the people that will get you back your freedoms

Manchester (she/her)

But these are the people who hate the 'woke' crowd. Do they want us awake or not? Make your fucking minds up "

couple, us we him her.

"On average 400,000 people march to their vaccinations every day. Not just one organised day in London. These are the people that will get you back your freedoms"

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"On average 400,000 people march to their vaccinations every day. Not just one organised day in London. These are the people that will get you back your freedoms"

Absolutely well said

Manchester (she/her)

"On average 400,000 people march to their vaccinations every day. Not just one organised day in London. These are the people that will get you back your freedoms

Absolutely well said "

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

*applauds loudly.

E

sale

Absolutely!

liverpool

But these are the people who hate the 'woke' crowd. Do they want us awake or not? Make your fucking minds up "

That makes no sense.

barnstaple

"On average 400,000 people march to their vaccinations every day. Not just one organised day in London. These are the people that will get you back your freedoms

Absolutely! "

Not true and this Government will not give back our freedoms. Things are going to get worse not better.

Manchester (she/her)

Absolutely!

Not true and this Government will not give back our freedoms. Things are going to get worse not better."

I'll take this seriously when I see any actual evidence of it.

Manchester (she/her)

But these are the people who hate the 'woke' crowd. Do they want us awake or not? Make your fucking minds up

That makes no sense."

It's very funny to think of the wake up sheeple crowd being confused with woke, though

"This is a wonderful way to spread the Delta varriant."

Delta variant? What's that? For those of us who are now living abroad could I have an update? It sounds like something out of Resident Evil.

Absolutely, and that’s one of the things that irks me most about those dickheads complaining about ‘loss of freedoms’ and ‘infringements of rights’. They’ve lost nothing of any substance.

Spend a year in North Korea if you want to know what oppression is like. Your life here is blessed.

Manchester (she/her)

Delta variant? What's that? For those of us who are now living abroad could I have an update? It sounds like something out of Resident Evil. "

The WHO has renamed the variants of concern.

liverpool

That makes no sense.

It's very funny to think of the wake up sheeple crowd being confused with woke, though "

"This is a wonderful way to spread the Delta varriant."

Yep. We're on the brink of having all restrictions lifted and these morons wanna go and fuck things up for the rest of us with a pointless demonstration

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Happily although most hospitals have been empty as ever. I havent wore a mask since the start, already had covid and was still healthy enough to go out. Real men simply aint scared of a lil cold

What a load of shite. “Real men” ?? you had Covid and spread it because it’s just a “lil cold” dear god how stupid are some people?"

In a minority of cases...extremely stupid

sale

Absolutely!

Not true and this Government will not give back our freedoms. Things are going to get worse not better."

What is the purpose of the government not “giving back freedoms”

Is it to a) crash the economy b) encourage widespread rioting c) a plot from some film you watched? What do you think the actual purpose of taking away “freedoms” is? Because the only actual way that can actually happen is to remove the ability of people to vote them out of office. Having lived in countries without freedoms, what we’re experiencing here is not the same not even a little bit.

liverpool

Absolutely!

Not true and this Government will not give back our freedoms. Things are going to get worse not better.

Is it to a) crash the economy b) encourage widespread rioting c) a plot from some film you watched? What do you think the actual purpose of taking away “freedoms” is? Because the only actual way that can actually happen is to remove the ability of people to vote them out of office. Having lived in countries without freedoms, what we’re experiencing here is not the same not even a little bit. "

Without defending the protestors.. lets see..

Banning journalists who are deemed critical

Making it much harder to protest legally

Going after the bbc as it deemed to critical.

Ditto ch4

Going after lawyers defending immigrants.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but there is a load of shit going on ,behind Covid

Manchester (she/her)

Absolutely!

Is it to a) crash the economy b) encourage widespread rioting c) a plot from some film you watched? What do you think the actual purpose of taking away “freedoms” is? Because the only actual way that can actually happen is to remove the ability of people to vote them out of office. Having lived in countries without freedoms, what we’re experiencing here is not the same not even a little bit.

Ditto ch4

I'm no conspiracy theorist but there is a load of shit going on ,behind Covid "

I agree.

But I think this is about wanting Covid restrictions to end, first and foremost, not about... actual problems

liverpool

Absolutely!

Ditto ch4

I agree.

But I think this is about wanting Covid restrictions to end, first and foremost, not about... actual problems "

True

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Yes wakeup to the fact that you live in a country with so many freedoms compared to lots of countries where you are free to openly critisise the government without fear of getting aressted, beaten or imprisoned

Not to mention dissapeared

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"

sale

Absolutely!

Ditto ch4

I'm no conspiracy theorist but there is a load of shit going on ,behind Covid "

Which journalists have the government banned?

Going after critical organisations isn’t banning or a lack of freedom. When the government close the BBC or send the military in then you’ve got a point. However here we are on a website and we are both critical of the government (I think they’ve done a shocking job because they’ve been so poor at explaining and implementing public health strategies and I would never vote for them) but neither of us has had a knock on our door. We can both still vote we are both able to express ourselves freely and those protestors in London yesterday aren’t all under arrest nor have they been prosecuted for protesting

By *aralewisCouple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

People done everything the government has ask and still in lockdown

Hospital numbers at its lowest

Death rate low

We’ve stayed at home got vaccinated and the vulnerable are now safe yet where still in lockdown

If I was anywhere near March I would of gone

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I was there

sale

"People done everything the government has ask and still in lockdown

Death rate low

We’ve stayed at home got vaccinated and the vulnerable are now safe yet where still in lockdown

"

I disagree. Most people have done those things not all, not even close. It only takes one muppet to spread the delta variant because they don’t “believe in experts”. On this thread you’ll see some people have done none of those things. I want this to end as soon as possible. It is creating huge problems as half my work is in the USA, my family live in Canada and a 2 week quarantine at that end and this end has prevented me from going. My kids have had A levels and GCSEs descend into chaos and much of our work is in care homes. So yes I want this finished and it’s not because I want to go to a pub or on holiday. However so many people look at this global public health crisis and think it’s some sort of scam so their “freedom” to get pissed with their mates is curtailed.

sale

"I was there "

So what were you protesting exactly? That your freedom to travel and protest isn’t allowed?

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Muppets the lot of them

Norfolk

Some people can’t handle the fact that other people have differing views other than themselves can they. ahubnwife36DD out of the blue message saying stuff you could just as well post publicly on here and then blocking when you think you’ve said your peace so it’s not possible to reply . I thought it was just single guys who did that trick not couples in their late 60s. .

People have differing viewpoints and opinions not just about this but about anything but boy , does this subject sure bring out the “your either for me or against me “ mentally or what .

Norfolk

Surely they are protesting for ALL the restrictions to be ended, the ones that are still in place and everything taken away to be returned no ? Isn’t that what freedoms or terminus day means ?

sale

"Some people can’t handle the fact that other people have differing views other than themselves can they. ahubnwife36DD out of the blue message saying stuff you could just as well post publicly on here and then blocking when you think you’ve said your peace so it’s not possible to reply . I thought it was just single guys who did that trick not couples in their late 60s. .

People have differing viewpoints and opinions not just about this but about anything but boy , does this subject sure bring out the “your either for me or against me “ mentally or what . "

Science isn’t just opinions, beliefs or viewpoints. It’s evidence based and peer reviewed. People are entitled to opinions. However don’t be astonished when not only does the evidence state that their opinion is wrong but when they do their “research” what they mean is they’ve watched a video on YouTube.

By *urzelforfunMan  over a year ago

near you

Im totally against the protests and think we all need to work together to be safe and save lifes.

Ive been lucky thou and have continued to work through lockdown.

If my ability to earn a livable wage had been effected maybe id be joining in.

People living in desperation wont see things as logically as those that arent.

liverpool

Absolutely!

Ditto ch4

Going after critical organisations isn’t banning or a lack of freedom. When the government close the BBC or send the military in then you’ve got a point. However here we are on a website and we are both critical of the government (I think they’ve done a shocking job because they’ve been so poor at explaining and implementing public health strategies and I would never vote for them) but neither of us has had a knock on our door. We can both still vote we are both able to express ourselves freely and those protestors in London yesterday aren’t all under arrest nor have they been prosecuted for protesting"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/03/political-journalists-boycott-no-10-briefing-after-reporter-ban

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Let them march, let them protest, they don't march for me or millions of others, they march for their own selfish reasons, they march because they want a pint down the pub, they march to stop the plandemic.

They ARE the reason we are still stuck in restrictions, the reason my mother doesn't get the health care she needs, the reason businesses are closing, the reason the economy has gone to shit, but they will never see this as they are the "woke" society that knows the truth about everything, about the new world order or the great reset.

Personally they should be shown what a lack of freedom is and all locked up under house arrest and fined every time they break it.

barnstaple

"Let them march, let them protest, they don't march for me or millions of others, they march for their own selfish reasons, they march because they want a pint down the pub, they march to stop the plandemic.

They ARE the reason we are still stuck in restrictions, the reason my mother doesn't get the health care she needs, the reason businesses are closing, the reason the economy has gone to shit, but they will never see this as they are the "woke" society that knows the truth about everything, about the new world order or the great reset.

Personally they should be shown what a lack of freedom is and all locked up under house arrest and fined every time they break it."

Another reasonable person who doesn't like to hear differing views !

By *bzboy66Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Load of bollocks. This country is about as free as it gets. People need some controls to save them from themselves. If everyone could do as they pleased we'd be knee deep in shit before you could cough..coughing that's another matter..see how it is in two weeks...morons

By *bzboy66Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"People done everything the government has ask and still in lockdown

Death rate low

"

Don't know what world you live in because people have not done as they were told. That's why the virus is still a problem and still spreading thus prolonging the restrictions. People are very good at slinging mud but forget their own little misdeeds. Rules tend to apply to others...have a think

Flintshire

"Let them march, let them protest, they don't march for me or millions of others, they march for their own selfish reasons, they march because they want a pint down the pub, they march to stop the plandemic.

Personally they should be shown what a lack of freedom is and all locked up under house arrest and fined every time they break it.

Another reasonable person who doesn't like to hear differing views !"

Flintshire

Personally they should be shown what a lack of freedom is and all locked up under house arrest and fined every time they break it."

Bollocks

liverpool

All said without the merest hint of irony.

Bollocks "

I am not necessarily supporting every protest march or demonstration but I am a bit shocked at the one-sided outpour and aggression on this thread.

Not all people at these demonstrations are morons, some of them are highly educated people who happen to differ in their assessment of the situation and the actions.

What has become of this country (and any other country for that matter) if diversity of opinion holders is brushed off as "moronic" , "dickheads" and "idiots".

For the records, outdoor activities are not only safe, provided we don't snog each other uncontrollably, but also allowed.

liverpool

Bollocks

I am not necessarily supporting every protest march or demonstration but I am a bit shocked at the one-sided outpour and aggression on this thread.

Not all people at these demonstrations are morons, some of them are highly educated people who happen to differ in their assessment of the situation and the actions.

What has become of this country (and any other country for that matter) if diversity of opinion holders is brushed off as "moronic" , "dickheads" and "idiots".

For the records, outdoor activities are not only safe, provided we don't snog each other uncontrollably, but also allowed."

Spot on

liverpool

Bollocks

For the records, outdoor activities are not only safe, provided we don't snog each other uncontrollably, but also allowed.

Spot on"

Absolutely. Its shocking how knee jerk and intolerant a majority of society has become.

Bollocks

Spot on

Absolutely. Its shocking how knee jerk and intolerant a majority of society has become.

"

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. Noam Chomsky

Sad times indeed.

sale

Absolutely!

Ditto ch4

Going after critical organisations isn’t banning or a lack of freedom. When the government close the BBC or send the military in then you’ve got a point. However here we are on a website and we are both critical of the government (I think they’ve done a shocking job because they’ve been so poor at explaining and implementing public health strategies and I would never vote for them) but neither of us has had a knock on our door. We can both still vote we are both able to express ourselves freely and those protestors in London yesterday aren’t all under arrest nor have they been prosecuted for protesting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/03/political-journalists-boycott-no-10-briefing-after-reporter-ban"

Oh I thought you meant actually banned. You know like banned from being a reporter and locked up. Not prevented from being in a news conference. Don’t get me wrong I think this government are a shower or knobs. However what you’ve described isn’t remotely close to banning a journalist. Because that journalist can still publish their story about how they’ve been treated. The fact that other journalists felt able to support the journalist who wasn’t allowed to attend a news conference demonstrates that they’re not actually banning journalists

sale

Bollocks

Spot on

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. Noam Chomsky

Sad times indeed."

And if you think your opinion isn’t subject to mockery and abuse then ironically you’re also against the freedom of expression.

Bollocks

Spot on

Sad times indeed.

And if you think your opinion isn’t subject to mockery and abuse then ironically you’re also against the freedom of expression."

Freedom of expression, yes to have an opinion it's fair to be challenged, I've got no problem with that whatsoever.

So where do I stand on this particular debate, probably in the centre, I definitely think there's wrong and right on both sides.

I just don't believe in your either with us or against us, from either side.

I must be a fence sitter.

blackpool

I'm glad there are still brave souls that care about the next generation and fight against having their kids used as experiments.

Unfortunately most people are so dumb and weak they are like "govern me harder boris daddy, protect me from a lil cold because im so weak and scared"

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

How patronising. I am happy for people to have a different opinion to myself but for people to assume and claim they are fighting for me when I would much rather they fought for long term freedoms by doing all they can to reduce covid is astounding. The ignorance and lack of understanding from some is incredible.

I also repeat I am not against problem have diffeeent opinions to me. But please don’t patronise me

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

I am assuming this was delivered in a Jack Dee deadpan style. That or simple trolling. The profile indicates that they are not here to swing but just to wind up others

teleford

"Happily although most hospitals have been empty as ever. I havent wore a mask since the start, already had covid and was still healthy enough to go out. Real men simply aint scared of a lil cold

You ain't worth the rant "

Or oxygen

nr spalding

[Removed by poster at 27/06/21 14:30:13]

sale

Bollocks

Spot on

Sad times indeed.

And if you think your opinion isn’t subject to mockery and abuse then ironically you’re also against the freedom of expression.

Freedom of expression, yes to have an opinion it's fair to be challenged, I've got no problem with that whatsoever.

So where do I stand on this particular debate, probably in the centre, I definitely think there's wrong and right on both sides.

I just don't believe in your either with us or against us, from either side.

I must be a fence sitter. "

Agreed. I think the government has made a monumental balls up consistently with the pandemic. Confusing and contradictory information often highly politicised in approach. However, Covid is real, vaccines work and we need to get this under control because it’s not just a “cold” I’ve had Covid, my partner is an icu nurse and has also had Covid. We’ve both now had both jabs and quite frankly I don’t ever want Covid again. I’d rather have a jab every 6months. So in summary, if your posts have no scientific basis and are based on a YouTube video you watched or your own gut feelings then you will probably be mocked by those with a science background and understanding of epidemiology and public health.

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Wow so many venomous posts from a part of sociality that is thought as being open minded and tolerate of others.

sale

"Wow so many venomous posts from a part of sociality that is thought as being open minded and tolerate of others. "

Open minded people shouldn’t really tolerate those who consciously spread malicious information that is demonstrably untrue.

By *ub Bi GuyMan  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I know I'm probably going to get trolled for this,but here goes anyway.

If 1 in 3 of us are able to carry the virus but not have any symptoms, why is 33% of the population being jabbed? Surely medication, should only be taken if you need it?

nr spalding

"Wow so many venomous posts from a part of sociality that is thought as being open minded and tolerate of others. "

Open minded and tolorent yes, just not of some of the utter shite that doesn't have even the slightest shred of evidence to back it up.

nr spalding

"I know I'm probably going to get trolled for this,but here goes anyway.

If 1 in 3 of us are able to carry the virus but not have any symptoms, why is 33% of the population being jabbed? Surely medication, should only be taken if you need it?

"

not trolling for your question, but just because you can be asymptomatic doesn't mean that you can't spread it to others that it may kill, in face the asymptomatic are a bigger risk to others than anyone and by vaccinating the majority of the population we can create heard immunity that will reduce the risk to everyone, the reason we need to create the immunity via vaccine is that to create it naturally would take far too long and lead to a massive death toll along with giving the virus more time to naturally mutate which could lead to variants that are able to overcome any natural immunity that had formed in that time span

portsmouth

"Wow so many venomous posts from a part of sociality that is thought as being open minded and tolerate of others.

Open minded people shouldn’t really tolerate those who consciously spread malicious information that is demonstrably untrue. "

What like religion.

"Also there have been no rise or spikes in infections following protests or outdoor gatherings. "

You have absolutely no way of substantiating or proving that claim. There is no test and trace for these sorts of events where people just show up as and when. There's no way to know where they came from.

Also, do you seriously think that people like this are going to do LFTs and report the results? Do you think they're going to have the NHS Covid app installed to contact trace?

No. In their twisted minds the app and tests are tools of the authorisation regime, so they won't be using them. Plus they're not going to risk getting a result that's positive and having to admit they made a mistake.

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

"What are they marching for freedom from? Too much to expect that it's about economic injustice? Against racial prejudice? Global human trafficking and sl@very? Discrimination on the basis of gender, sexuality, disability, ethnic origin or other characteristics? Environmental damage and climate change? Global conflict?

Fuck me, there's no wonder that the country is going to shit when the only thing people are prepared to demonstrate about is made up bollocks on the internet and "wanna go pub"."

^This^

sale

"Wow so many venomous posts from a part of sociality that is thought as being open minded and tolerate of others.

Open minded people shouldn’t really tolerate those who consciously spread malicious information that is demonstrably untrue. What like religion. "

If they’re spreading consciously malicious information then yes we should call them out on it. Spreading demonstrably untrue things like Santa and the Easter bunny aren’t consciously malicious but they are demonstrably untrue.

By *an hjCouple  over a year ago

Stowmarket

"I am watching it live from london, are you? The cheer number of people that are there demonstrating are loads, there

must be at least 100000 people there, even more. I think that it is in oxford street."

Isn't because of their freedom that they are allowed to March and demonstrate, not so sure they could do that with the freedom of North Korea or China.

By *an hjCouple  over a year ago

Stowmarket

"I am watching it live from london, are you? The cheer number of people that are there demonstrating are loads, there

must be at least 100000 people there, even more. I think that it is in oxford street."

Isn't because of their freedom that they are allowed to March and demonstrate, not so sure they could do that with the freedom of North Korea or China.

In all likelihood these people won't have the app installed, they won't do LFTs and if they do get symptoms, they'll shut themselves away and tell nobody, because they won't want to find themselves on the front page of the national newspapers labelled as a super spreader and subsequently ostracised by their communities.

It's very easy to stay under the radar. Unless you collapse and someone calls you an ambulance and the hospital tests you, it's very easy to conceal the fact that you have Covid if your case is mild enough to manage at home, because the responsibility for arranging tests and managing them and reporting results is entirely on the user. Even with the PCR tests you have to manually put the result code into the app to report it.

These sorts of people won't be doing their own tests at home, because they're viewed as an apparatus of the government used to control them.

sale

must be at least 100000 people there, even more. I think that it is in oxford street.

Isn't because of their freedom that they are allowed to March and demonstrate, not so sure they could do that with the freedom of North Korea or China."

The irony is completely lost on them sadly. They bang on about freedoms forgetting that even in the UK they live as one of the most free generations ever.

nr spalding

"In all likelihood these people won't have the app installed, they won't do LFTs and if they do get symptoms, they'll shut themselves away and tell nobody, because they won't want to find themselves on the front page of the national newspapers labelled as a super spreader and subsequently ostracised by their communities.

It's very easy to stay under the radar. Unless you collapse and someone calls you an ambulance and the hospital tests you, it's very easy to conceal the fact that you have Covid if your case is mild enough to manage at home, because the responsibility for arranging tests and managing them and reporting results is entirely on the user. Even with the PCR tests you have to manually put the result code into the app to report it.

These sorts of people won't be doing their own tests at home, because they're viewed as an apparatus of the government used to control them."

Open minded people shouldn’t really tolerate those who consciously spread malicious information that is demonstrably untrue. What like religion. "

This - we need to be open-minded even if what we read and hear sounds like it could not be true. Otherwise we risk following blindly and that is definitively unhealthy.

Open minded people absolutely must tolerate those who are of a different opinion - the beauty, the privilege of living in a democracy which we are. (for now)

ashford

"I was there "

I was there with u in spirit! X

The march itself not matter the cause is a freedom of expression.

Tin town

"I was there

I was there with u in spirit! X "

I wasn't.. But hope everyone had a nice day out and got some stuff off their chests. From the absence of posts on here and in press it hopefully went smoothly without too much damage which is progress on last protest season.

Manchester (she/her)

Open minded people shouldn’t really tolerate those who consciously spread malicious information that is demonstrably untrue. What like religion.

This - we need to be open-minded even if what we read and hear sounds like it could not be true. Otherwise we risk following blindly and that is definitively unhealthy.

Open minded people absolutely must tolerate those who are of a different opinion - the beauty, the privilege of living in a democracy which we are. (for now) "

I think there's a misunderstanding. I'm not saying that I'm trying to stop other people having views. I just have views about the views, and the ways in which they're expressed and under what circumstances.

I'm not stopping anyone talking - I'm just adding my own voice, just as protected, to the conversation. And yes, my voice says "oh FFS ".

By *rya MyneWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

This. Every word!

Open minded people shouldn’t really tolerate those who consciously spread malicious information that is demonstrably untrue. What like religion.

Open minded people absolutely must tolerate those who are of a different opinion - the beauty, the privilege of living in a democracy which we are. (for now)

I think there's a misunderstanding. I'm not saying that I'm trying to stop other people having views. I just have views about the views, and the ways in which they're expressed and under what circumstances.

I'm not stopping anyone talking - I'm just adding my own voice, just as protected, to the conversation. And yes, my voice says "oh FFS "."

No point getting hung up about whether NHS staff are doing whatever they are alleged to be able to do - nobody has any definitive evidence. Besides it is a red herring.

What is important however, is to make sure we constantly challenge what we see, read and hear and not become blind followers of anything. As such plurality of opinion is really important.

As is tolerance of people who express opinion different from ours.

Manchester (she/her)

"No point getting hung up about whether NHS staff are doing whatever they are alleged to be able to do - nobody has any definitive evidence. Besides it is a red herring.

What is important however, is to make sure we constantly challenge what we see, read and hear and not become blind followers of anything. As such plurality of opinion is really important.

As is tolerance of people who express opinion different from ours.

"

I am tolerant of other people's right to speak. I'll defend it.

At some point speech empowers action - and some actions are dangerous to self or others.

I'll use my speech to counter that, where I believe that to be so.

Tolerance should never be absolute - because that's how we permit atrocity.

"You only get freedoms when gun law is abolished. In the UK we panic bought baked beans and toilet rolls, in the US bullets.

For those that want lax freedoms, don't complain when you are looking down the wrong end of barrel when you are being car jacked or burgled, or your family is attacked.

These marchers are total dimwits. "

True we bought ammo alot of it.It was better for some to be prepared just in case with shortages that followed. Anarchy just needs a certain spark to ignite the flames.

portsmouth

If they’re spreading consciously malicious information then yes we should call them out on it. Spreading demonstrably untrue things like Santa and the Easter bunny aren’t consciously malicious but they are demonstrably untrue. "

Well religion does spread malicious information and has done for hundreds of years but very few people call them out on it. It fact quite the opposite on the whole sociality continue to support them. Those that do call out these world wide bigoted institution are treated with the same contempt that some of the posters are showing the marchers.

"Well religion does spread malicious information and has done for hundreds of years but very few people call them out on it. It fact quite the opposite on the whole sociality continue to support them. Those that do call out these world wide bigoted institution are treated with the same contempt that some of the posters are showing the marchers."

Absolutely - Many (maybe most?) people challenge religion, flat earthers and a few other minority belief systems.

I am just saying we need to keep that critical thinking alert and alive towards everything - it is all to easy to run with the wolves and condemn those of a different opinion, which at times could hold some very uncomfortable but nonetheless true ideas.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you are going to challenge a post you really do need to do it within rules. If you don't , don't be surprised if you end up with a ban.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I swear this is a conversation I have had in the last few days….

Them: I just want to be able to go on holiday…. I want my freedom back

Me: okay where do you want to go….

Them: Florida!!!

Me: they won’t let you in!

Them: but it’s on the amber list!

Me: the us are only letting in people non-us citizens in exceptional circumstances…

Them: but my holiday is……

Me: holidays don’t count!!!!!

I swear!! It’s like an education letter… the funny thing is about the green list is that most of the countries on it won’t allow you in anyway!!!!!

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

What about freedon not tk risk getting covid from the selfish tw.ts.

Tin town

"I swear this is a conversation I have had in the last few days….

Me: the us are only letting in people non-us citizens in exceptional circumstances…

I swear!! It’s like an education letter… the funny thing is about the green list is that most of the countries on it won’t allow you in anyway!!!!!"

But I wanna....

ashford

"What about freedon not tk risk getting covid from the selfish tw.ts."

Who are these selfish tw.ts u speak of?

I swear!! It’s like an education letter… the funny thing is about the green list is that most of the countries on it won’t allow you in anyway!!!!!"

Restricting government is what it's about. Florida has the least restrictions on people's lives. Just like we voted here to restrict overreaches. June 28th supposedly ended mask mandate here. Funny how no one is wearing them at all since March. Can't enforce something and be a pretend governor when the very same people you govern are saying otherwise.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I swear!! It’s like an education letter… the funny thing is about the green list is that most of the countries on it won’t allow you in anyway!!!!!

Restricting government is what it's about. Florida has the least restrictions on people's lives. Just like we voted here to restrict overreaches. June 28th supposedly ended mask mandate here. Funny how no one is wearing them at all since March. Can't enforce something and be a pretend governor when the very same people you govern are saying otherwise.

"

Okay… so would you let people into the us from Brazil at the moment… or India…. Just curious

One thing I heard (and it was quite a sensible comment) from a senior politician:

Nobody had any experience in handling the pandemic.

Nobody knew the course infections would take.

At times like these it is easy to criticise governments but really no country had all the right cards in this.

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

"I know I'm probably going to get trolled for this,but here goes anyway.

"

If that had been the attitude of people decades ago about the smallpox vaccine, people would still be dying of it. But it’s been eradicated because people understood the need to stop the spread.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"One thing I heard (and it was quite a sensible comment) from a senior politician:

Nobody had any experience in handling the pandemic.

Nobody knew the course infections would take.

At times like these it is easy to criticise governments but really no country had all the right cards in this."

Oh I don't know about that, a few countries seem to have faired a damn site better than us

couple, us we him her.

I personally think that there's no middle ground with this debate people are most definitely in one camp or the other.

And rightly or wrongly we believe without hesitation that our views are correct.

My views and opinions are well documented so I am not going to continue to justify my stance.

I wish we could all get along but it seems we are more divided than ever before.

Weirdly tho it's nothing to do with race or religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Is this a first in history?