FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Nhs hospital numbers

Nhs hospital numbers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ooj OP   Couple  over a year ago

exeter

Why have numbers in hospitals with covid been dropped from daily news, thought overwhelming nhs was reason for restrictions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Why have numbers in hospitals with covid been dropped from daily news, thought overwhelming nhs was reason for restrictions?"

It's not a figure that I've seen in the headlines often, only when it's particularly high.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's available on the government Coronavirus website if you're interested in it.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

It's been dropped because admissions are probably down, only guessing.

By *r-OreoMan  over a year ago

Telford Wellington

Interesting point

Manchester (she/her)

Why do you need to rely on the media? Do your own research. It's on the government website, clear as day.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There was a whole section about infection vs hospitalisation on the national evening news on Friday

By *orsetCouple777Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Why do you need to rely on the media? Do your own research. It's on the government website, clear as day."

That might not be the point. Why are the Media changing direction is a good question?

Manchester (she/her)

"Why do you need to rely on the media? Do your own research. It's on the government website, clear as day.

That might not be the point. Why are the Media changing direction is a good question?"

What they consider profitable, most likely. What gets most attention.

Businesses work to further their profit margin or market share. Shocking concept. Totally unreasonable. Must be a conspiracy.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Why do you need to rely on the media? Do your own research. It's on the government website, clear as day."

Why do you feel the need to tell people what to do?

Maybe they only see the News and would like it seen there as they think it important

Manchester (she/her)

"Why do you need to rely on the media? Do your own research. It's on the government website, clear as day.

Maybe they only see the News and would like it seen there as they think it important"

I'm echoing the sentiment so often levied by those who think this is a problem.

It's their words. Do your own research.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe they only see the News and would like it seen there as they think it important

It's their words. Do your own research. "

You are being rude by doing that, which sends the debates off in a different way, then people complain that the virus section is not helpful.

If you can't be civil, please avoid threads

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Why have numbers in hospitals with covid been dropped from daily news, thought overwhelming nhs was reason for restrictions?"

I don't trust the news anymore, I have turned it on thinking a major story would be on there and it hasn't been so I think they all seem to have their own agenda at the moment ( except for CH4 maybe )

If you use the Gov websites the information will be on there, although obviously not as easy to get as listening to the News

Maybe they only see the News and would like it seen there as they think it important"

I'm not sure why anyone would trust the govt website anyway considering the track record of being economical with the truth.

You are being rude by doing that, which sends the debates off in a different way, then people complain that the virus section is not helpful.

If you can't be civil, please avoid threads"

As they say, no one ever gained wisdom by studying material that only reinforced their own predetermined ideas?

This whole forum is an echo chamber, no real debate by either side actually, a lot of emotion but unfortunately data is what counts isn't it?

Debate is constantly shut down by accusing someone of being a conspiracy theorist or you watch fake scientists on YouTube.

Meanwhile Florida has been restriction free for 269 days......we're are not allowed feel good stories in regards to Covid 19 on this forum.

By *tr8leicsMan  over a year ago

desford

"Why have numbers in hospitals with covid been dropped from daily news, thought overwhelming nhs was reason for restrictions?

I don't trust the news anymore, I have turned it on thinking a major story would be on there and it hasn't been so I think they all seem to have their own agenda at the moment ( except for CH4 maybe )

If you use the Gov websites the information will be on there, although obviously not as easy to get as listening to the News"

Channel 4 has been government owned since 1982

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Patients in hospital

Latest available

Patients on ventilation

Latest available

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Why have numbers in hospitals with covid been dropped from daily news, thought overwhelming nhs was reason for restrictions?

If you use the Gov websites the information will be on there, although obviously not as easy to get as listening to the News

Channel 4 has been government owned since 1982"

I am aware of that. However "sometimes" they are the only ones who are not afraid to report what others don't

By *orsetCouple777Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

If you can't be civil, please avoid threads"

Thank you for this reply. It was much appreciated.

It would be good to be able to question the media without the word conspiracy branded at us

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

Really easy to find if your interested

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Ironically, my local BBC TV News programme at around 6.30pm on weekdays, always gives out the infection and death rates for each Council region across East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, set against the UK's Natiinal figure of cases per 100,000 people.

In contrast, the ITV regional news show does not cover any COVID related material.

Maybe, as far as the BBC is concerned, it's down to individual editorial choice.

But as stated via others on here, there are loads of places to source required figures and other data.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I am aware of that. However "sometimes" they are the only ones who are not afraid to report what others don't "

This..

There's a reason the present governments ministers have boycotted Ch 4, they know they will be held to account and are avoiding scrutiny..

Just as Boris did in avoiding Andrew Neil..

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I am aware of that. However "sometimes" they are the only ones who are not afraid to report what others don't

This..

There's a reason the present governments ministers have boycotted Ch 4, they know they will be held to account and are avoiding scrutiny..

Just as Boris did in avoiding Andrew Neil.."

Or is that why, CH4 was put up for sale last week?

Scunthorpe

"Patients in hospital

Latest available

Patients on ventilation

Latest available

"

Although this represents an increase of 80% who are hospitalised over the last month, it is also only 2.5% of the peak figure from January.

Cal

here

"Patients in hospital

Latest available

Patients on ventilation

Latest available

Although this represents an increase of 80% who are hospitalised over the last month, it is also only 2.5% of the peak figure from January.

Cal"

… with the 80% statistic being more likely to be used by news agencies when reporting hospitalisations.

Scunthorpe

"Patients in hospital

Latest available

Patients on ventilation

Latest available

Cal

… with the 80% statistic being more likely to be used by news agencies when reporting hospitalisations."

That is the very nature of all news outlets. Headlines are what sells the story (and associated advertising). I remember a story a few years ago about the number of murders in Switzerland increasing by 100% in a year... it had increased from two to four.

Cal

Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Disputing admin or moderator decisions

The mods and site admin are all volunteers who try and keep the site safe. If you think they've made a specific mistake (and we accept that mistakes or mis-judgements do happen), the forum isn't the place to discuss it. Please contact Admin directly and we'll review and make right.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you use the Gov websites the information will be on there, although obviously not as easy to get as listening to the News"

PS, I also think they may be thinking some information is less important so cut it out, as the hospital numbers are important for us to get out of this mess then I am surprised if they have dropped that info

Scunthorpe

PS, I also think they may be thinking some information is less important so cut it out, as the hospital numbers are important for us to get out of this mess then I am surprised if they have dropped that info"

Certainly, the current level of hospitalizations is not scarily high.

Cal

here

I am aware of that. However "sometimes" they are the only ones who are not afraid to report what others don't "

For this reason, you might like the new dedicated news channel GB News

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS, I also think they may be thinking some information is less important so cut it out, as the hospital numbers are important for us to get out of this mess then I am surprised if they have dropped that info

Certainly, the current level of hospitalizations is not scarily high.

Cal"

Which would be good news, but they seem to have left it out, most odd

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Patients in hospital

Latest available

Patients on ventilation

Latest available

Cal"

For any physical process that exhibits an exponential growth/decay behaviour, the important measure is always the growth rate, not the absolute level.

Yes the 2.5% compared with January is a very good figure, but reducing infection control measures when the trend is upwards instead of downwards is utter stupidity. This is a reckless gamble on the part of the government that ongoing vaccination will be sufficient to more than compensate for abandoning social distancing and other hygiene measures. The very fact that hospital numbers are presently going up not down demonstrates that at this moment in time, that balance has not been met.

Yet again the government is acting purely upon political expediency, rather than taking the harder course of protecting the population and the economy during a still ongoing global crisis.

By *ooj OP   Couple  over a year ago

exeter

"Which would be good news, but they seem to have left it out, most odd"

we can find out the figures for ourselves but it was being rammed down our throats about how we must keep hospital admissions down, now as quoted above most odd when it is good news nothing in media.

Just our thoughts!!

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

""Which would be good news, but they seem to have left it out, most odd"

we can find out the figures for ourselves but it was being rammed down our throats about how we must keep hospital admissions down, now as quoted above most odd when it is good news nothing in media.

Just our thoughts!!"

Media relies on bad news, that's what sells papers and brings in viewers it always has done and always will do, that will never change. You will only ever find small articles of good news hidden in the depths behinde all the big attention grabbing bad news that covers the front pages

This..

Just as Boris did in avoiding Andrew Neil..

Or is that why, CH4 was put up for sale last week?"

I suspect this is more to do with trying to get money in to pay off some of the huge debt that's been created. I would not be shocked if everything that wasn't bolted down gets sold.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

If you can't be civil, please avoid threads

As they say, no one ever gained wisdom by studying material that only reinforced their own predetermined ideas?

This whole forum is an echo chamber, no real debate by either side actually, a lot of emotion but unfortunately data is what counts isn't it?

Debate is constantly shut down by accusing someone of being a conspiracy theorist or you watch fake scientists on YouTube.

Meanwhile Florida has been restriction free for 269 days......we're are not allowed feel good stories in regards to Covid 19 on this forum.

"

Open to debate when it’s got substance to back it up...

""Which would be good news, but they seem to have left it out, most odd"

Just our thoughts!!"

But they're not leaving it out and it IS in the news. As I said way up there somewhere, there was a whole section on it on Friday evening's national news. Unless I was hallucinating.

I'm thankful I do not have a TV.

Each hospital release their own. So your best just following your local trust anyway. Luckily my local ones have very low numbers at present although I fear this will change due to people’s selfish nature.

Our hospitals are currently struggling in a&e due to the amount of inappropriate people attending

"Each hospital release their own. So your best just following your local trust anyway. Luckily my local ones have very low numbers at present although I fear this will change due to people’s selfish nature.

Our hospitals are currently struggling in a&e due to the amount of inappropriate people attending "

Absolutely correct as I witnessed first hand last week...but this is largely due to the current stance of local GPs who are directing patients to A&E rather than see them themselves. The doctor my child saw at A&E was furious that our GP had sent us there and I was mortified to be there

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"It's been dropped because admissions are probably down, only guessing."

Not sure it's EVER been one of the regularly reported numbers on TV. I've never seen it. But easy enough to find. Two articles on it on BBC website today mind you.

"It's been dropped because admissions are probably down, only guessing.

Not sure it's EVER been one of the regularly reported numbers on TV. I've never seen it. But easy enough to find. Two articles on it on BBC website today mind you. "

For real? It's been an almost ever present metric.

Same reason they don't announce figures for children with peas stuck up there nose....no one cares.

» Add a new message to this topic