FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Face Coverings

Face Coverings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eatrice Badinage OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

IF Boris puts us into Personal Responsibility instead of restrictions in July, will you still wear a face covering

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

If I feel unwell or am coughing or sneezing I will.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm going to find it a hard habit to break

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Mine will be staying until I feel that things are properly under control with the virus, and potentially longer as it has really helped with my asthma over the winter and hayfever seasons

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes

By *appy2021coolWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

Nope mine is getting rid awful things that have not realy achieved anything other than seeing them all over the floor

As i work in a care home i will still wear a mask out and about ,or untill we no longer need to wear one while on juty in a care home

As I'm unable to mention brands, I purchased a beautiful clear anti fog one that you put on like spectacles. Everyone can still see you and it eliminates the claustrophobia many of us have with masks.

It's well made and comes in draw string pouch. 100% recommend this. They come in UV protection and lush colours.

I'm in no way involved in the company, just a satisfied customer. I will continue to use it until life improves.

I think that it will get awkward.

Some shops/business will require it and some won't. Some individuals will be arsey with people who don't.

"As i work in a care home i will still wear a mask out and about ,or untill we no longer need to wear one while on juty in a care home"

What if the government says you don't have to wear one at work but your employer says you do? Will you still wear one when not at work?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No

Manchester (she/her)

"I think that it will get awkward.

Some shops/business will require it and some won't. Some individuals will be arsey with people who don't. "

They already are (I've been confronted numerous times), and they can go fuck themselves with a porcupine. It's my health and my face.

By *r naughty1Man  over a year ago

Bexley

Def not gonna be wearing one if I can help it

Yep until I see how things play out

I will still wear one until I feel safe TBH ...

Nope.

Only wear it where legally mandated now and will cease completely when that's not required.

Anywhere that chooses to insist on them just won't get my custom.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I'll likely continue wearing one on commuter trains and London buses. Especially if I feel under the weather myself.

What I hope this has reminded people is that the old 1950s saying "coughs and sneezes spread diseases" is just as true today.

"IF Boris puts us into Personal Responsibility instead of restrictions in July, will you still wear a face covering"

Awful, filthy, disgusting, germ ridden things that I see people having to have on their face all day. They should be gone yesterday.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"IF Boris puts us into Personal Responsibility instead of restrictions in July, will you still wear a face covering

Awful, filthy, disgusting, germ ridden things that I see people having to have on their face all day. They should be gone yesterday. "

Absolutely. Will probably still see the sheep wearing outside !

The virus is aerosol. The masks don't stop aerosols. We breathe over a billion aerosol sized particles with every breath.(that's why glasses steam up)

You can watch an MD put on 5 surgical masks. (15 layers).

He seals the mask tight round his mouth with his fingers. Breathes onto a pair of glasses. They steam up. Masks only prevent viral particles trapped in droplets from shouting coughing or sneezing. As soon as the moisture drys out. Guess what happens to the particles.

You either re-beathe them or the escape the fabric.

"As I'm unable to mention brands, I purchased a beautiful clear anti fog one that you put on like spectacles. Everyone can still see you and it eliminates the claustrophobia many of us have with masks.

It's well made and comes in draw string pouch. 100% recommend this. They come in UV protection and lush colours.

I'm in no way involved in the company, just a satisfied customer. I will continue to use it until life improves."

Why are you unable to mention brands? Your on a Fab forum not the fucking BBC

"IF Boris puts us into Personal Responsibility instead of restrictions in July, will you still wear a face covering"

I think it will depend on the situation.

Probably for most circumstances I won't.

However, I would never say never. If it mutates and becomes more potent then I could see me digging them out the cupboard again.

Dr Byram w bridle. Do masks work on U toob.

By *arryandAnnCouple  over a year ago

Hereford

Yes, if it's warm and sticky

Yes I will, to many idiots still around

By *anddXXXCouple  over a year ago

London

Nope, only wear one now if legally obliged. I havent worn one at work at all since day one. Been strange, that I have to wear one on the tube to work and getting a sandwich at lunchtime, but not at all when at work in a workplace with 200 others not wearing masks.

"As I'm unable to mention brands, I purchased a beautiful clear anti fog one that you put on like spectacles. Everyone can still see you and it eliminates the claustrophobia many of us have with masks.

I'm in no way involved in the company, just a satisfied customer. I will continue to use it until life improves.

Why are you unable to mention brands? Your on a Fab forum not the fucking BBC"

I thought it best not to.

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I wouldn't wear them unless it's necessary. Their main purpose is to protect others if you are infected.

I'd assume anyone symptomatic would have the sense to isolate and not go out, mask or no mask. Asymptomatic individuals can still transmit the virus, obviously, but the majority of people are vaccinated and have protection.

"Yes I will, to many idiots still around "

If it isn’t a legal requirement to wear them why do you think people are idiots

If they don’t.

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

I will carry on wearing mine. I havnt put a full face of make-up on now since masks were first introduced! I've saved a fortune on lipstick, lip gloss, blusher ect. I've also lost weight from the amount of times food has ended up on the floor as a result of forgetting I'm wearing a face mask when trying to put shove it in my mouth.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

It would be fantastic going forwards if people had the common sense to wear them if they have any coughs or colds like they do in Asia - but as we know the UK is unfortunately lacking when it comes to consideration for others and personal responsibility.

"IF Boris puts us into Personal Responsibility instead of restrictions in July, will you still wear a face covering

Awful, filthy, disgusting, germ ridden things that I see people having to have on their face all day. They should be gone yesterday. "

What makes them horrific yet underwear not?

Manchester (she/her)

I hate that this is a political thing.

Respiratory illness. Spread by spit and snot. I can keep it to myself and avoid some of other people's if I cover my spit and snot holes.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

My stance on restrictions have been posted in here many times for those who still don't know I'm all for restrictions, vaccine and if needed lockdowns.

However this past few weeks I have really been struggling with wearing a mask maybe it's due to hayfever,my asthma or it being warmer but I am finding it increasingly difficult to wear for any extended duration.

I have a physical job and struggling with breathing.

I've taken a proactive approach and take it off when no one is around.

Some of the places I work in its compulsory to wear them as soon as you get onsite even outside!!!

Manchester (she/her)

"My stance on restrictions have been posted in here many times for those who still don't know I'm all for restrictions, vaccine and if needed lockdowns.

However this past few weeks I have really been struggling with wearing a mask maybe it's due to hayfever,my asthma or it being warmer but I am finding it increasingly difficult to wear for any extended duration.

I have a physical job and struggling with breathing.

I've taken a proactive approach and take it off when no one is around.

Some of the places I work in its compulsory to wear them as soon as you get onsite even outside!!!"

I struggle too. I've had a more relaxed stance since my second jab, but that means "what's required" rather than more.

Nope I won’t be. They will all be out straight in the bin.

No

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I will leave my mask at home, but wear my NASA spacesuit instead.

I nearly brought a world war 2 gas mask, and may even still get one to head to the shops with

The end is neigh

nr spalding

"The virus is aerosol. The masks don't stop aerosols. We breathe over a billion aerosol sized particles with every breath.(that's why glasses steam up)

He seals the mask tight round his mouth with his fingers. Breathes onto a pair of glasses. They steam up. Masks only prevent viral particles trapped in droplets from shouting coughing or sneezing. As soon as the moisture drys out. Guess what happens to the particles.

"

So please do tell me how come ffp2 masks that have passed stringent safety tasting have the ability to stop 95% of vapours (finer than most aerosols at 0.03 microns) and ffp3 masks stop 97% of those same vapours. These masks are available from hardware stores and are used in multiple industries for health and safety purposes for protection . Also I would love to see vapours pass through the 5 surgical masks as you claim as that many layers of filter material would likely be thicker than the material of an ffp2 rated half mask.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Mines getting ditched as soon as we get green light 2 x

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

on a train, bus, plane or crowded place or if I wasnt feeling 100% then yes. Its not really any issue to do so

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Will be getting rid of mine have been double jabbed soon as its not a legal requirement in the bin there going

I'll still wear mine in shops or crowded places.

Haven't worn my muzzles since May it's great.

"Haven't worn my muzzles since May it's great."
do you not go into shops or anything then?

"Haven't worn my muzzles since May it's great. do you not go into shops or anything then?"

They are in America so probably different rules.

"Haven't worn my muzzles since May it's great. do you not go into shops or anything then?"

Only if they ask. Haven't had 1 shop where I live ask or a dining facility.

"Haven't worn my muzzles since May it's great. do you not go into shops or anything then?

Only if they ask. Haven't had 1 shop where I live ask or a dining facility."

aww see near me they are pretty strict on it x

"Haven't worn my muzzles since May it's great. do you not go into shops or anything then?

Only if they ask. Haven't had 1 shop where I live ask or a dining facility. aww see near me they are pretty strict on it x"

Private businesses have that option here. They can request and deny you service. But no one is. WalMart Target all big box stores do not have a mask requirement here.

Only if they ask. Haven't had 1 shop where I live ask or a dining facility. aww see near me they are pretty strict on it x

Private businesses have that option here. They can request and deny you service. But no one is. WalMart Target all big box stores do not have a mask requirement here."

This was way before our state mask mandate dropped off. Once CDC recommended no masks in May people followed suit no matter what the governor recommend.

Never ever worn one or ever will , they are awful looking things, and have turned society into a place of faceless emotionless zombies. And a quick look at Wimbledon confirms that no one has to wear them.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Nope wont be wearing mine. Some lovely cuts round my ears where i wear them all day for work. K

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Nope wont be wearing mine. Some lovely cuts round my ears where i wear them all day for work. K"

I'm lucky they not hurt my ears even though I've worn them for my shifts in a supermarket since weve had 2! But shall b glad to ditch them in the heat! Sometimes almost feel I'm gonna pass out running round with those picking carts at 100 mile an hr! x

Yes I will still be wearing my face mask when I need to. Supermarket, bus etc. My health is important to me x

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Nope I’ve managed thus far barely. But when it becomes not mandatory then I will bin mine.

nr spalding

"Yes I will still be wearing my face mask when I need to. Supermarket, bus etc. My health is important to me x"
exactly this my health has been better since wearing one, so with that in mind mine will be staying for the foreseeable and I have to say I do have kind of a thing for masks even before the pandemic

Yes, I'm happy to wear one.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"The virus is aerosol. The masks don't stop aerosols. We breathe over a billion aerosol sized particles with every breath.(that's why glasses steam up)

So please do tell me how come ffp2 masks that have passed stringent safety tasting have the ability to stop 95% of vapours (finer than most aerosols at 0.03 microns) and ffp3 masks stop 97% of those same vapours. These masks are available from hardware stores and are used in multiple industries for health and safety purposes for protection . Also I would love to see vapours pass through the 5 surgical masks as you claim as that many layers of filter material would likely be thicker than the material of an ffp2 rated half mask."

Again???

nr spalding

So please do tell me how come ffp2 masks that have passed stringent safety tasting have the ability to stop 95% of vapours (finer than most aerosols at 0.03 microns) and ffp3 masks stop 97% of those same vapours. These masks are available from hardware stores and are used in multiple industries for health and safety purposes for protection . Also I would love to see vapours pass through the 5 surgical masks as you claim as that many layers of filter material would likely be thicker than the material of an ffp2 rated half mask.

Again???"

Yes and I probed I was right with the info I supplied to you the last time if you care to look, sorry but information from the manufacturers and HSE is correct. And as i said in reply to you the last time we spoke ues even ffp2 masks are reated for vapours without the carbon layer

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes I will still be wearing my face mask when I need to. Supermarket, bus etc. My health is important to me x exactly this my health has been better since wearing one, so with that in mind mine will be staying for the foreseeable and I have to say I do have kind of a thing for masks even before the pandemic "

Kinky

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

No.

nr spalding

"Yes I will still be wearing my face mask when I need to. Supermarket, bus etc. My health is important to me x exactly this my health has been better since wearing one, so with that in mind mine will be staying for the foreseeable and I have to say I do have kind of a thing for masks even before the pandemic

Kinky "

Yup I am exactly that and even have a lovely Finnish issue military mask that I have covered with leather for a more steampunk style look which will still take the original nbc grade filter and fully seals lol but that is a bitch to breath in with the can as they start to clog after about 4 hours of use and you can feel the mask pulling in as you inhale

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

I think we will be wearing one for a bit longer to many people out there happy to walk around without one even if they had the virus quite strange that some people seem to think they don’t do anything Just have a think about what they were used for before the virus might give you some idea

nr spalding

"I think we will be wearing one for a bit longer to many people out there happy to walk around without one even if they had the virus quite strange that some people seem to think they don’t do anything Just have a think about what they were used for before the virus might give you some idea"

Apparently people don't think about the fact that masks are used for other things prior to the pandemic, it is strange. Even stranger are the ones that like to try and prove they don't do anything with videos of so called professionals "proving" they are useless

Manchester (she/her)

"I think we will be wearing one for a bit longer to many people out there happy to walk around without one even if they had the virus quite strange that some people seem to think they don’t do anything Just have a think about what they were used for before the virus might give you some idea"

Indeed

The only face covering I have is someone sitting on my face!

In all seriousness though.. I won't wear one unless where I am people aren't being sensible

By *rack and FieldMan  over a year ago

Doncaster

Well said, I wear a mask to protect at work (asbestos etc) properly face fotted etc etc. Only protects me from asbestis though as exhaust exhale goes straight out into the air unfiltered. Cloth masks. And Covids A LOT smaller than silica and asbestis dusts so hey how

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"As i work in a care home i will still wear a mask out and about ,or untill we no longer need to wear one while on juty in a care home

What if the government says you don't have to wear one at work but your employer says you do? Will you still wear one when not at work?"

I believe that your employer can legally define their own requirements for PPE even without a pandemic. They would be entitled to sack you for not complying.

Cal

By *inky_CarpenterMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Yes! I was wearing it before it was mandatory, and will continue to do so in enclosed or crowded spaces until I feel safe...

Apart from anything else it's wonderful at the moment for relief from hayfever symptoms!

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Yes

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

Yes. For the foreseeable future I’ll be wearing my facemask in public. I don’t take chances with my health.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Yes. For the foreseeable future I’ll be wearing my facemask in public. I don’t take chances with my health. "

nr spalding

"

Apart from anything else it's wonderful at the moment for relief from hayfever symptoms!"

Ah another person like myself that has avoided the virus and is now being assaulted by plants lol maybe it's payback for our murdering of trees of carpentry lol

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Okehampton

We are better looking with our masks on..why spoil the look.

Why are you unable to mention brands? Your on a Fab forum not the fucking BBC"

BBC??? Where??!!

By *inkycreamCouple  over a year ago

manchester

Only on meets with chastity belt, can’t be to careful

Yes I’ll be wearing mine. I have about 40 of the things. I wear one, or sometimes two a day and they go in the wash. I live in Manchester where vaccine take up hasn’t been great and I travel to different parts of the country. I just see it as common sense and polite for me to wear one, but that’s my choice. I don’t knock anyone else’s decisions.

By *issusWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"Yes I will still be wearing my face mask when I need to. Supermarket, bus etc. My health is important to me x exactly this my health has been better since wearing one, so with that in mind mine will be staying for the foreseeable and I have to say I do have kind of a thing for masks even before the pandemic

Kinky "

You never know, this may become a thing, sex with our face masks on!

Manchester (she/her)

Kinky

You never know, this may become a thing, sex with our face masks on! "

I'll keep wearing mine I have to for work anyway

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Makes me laugh, in the building trade wearing a mask has been compulsory for many activities when cutting or using certain products same with many other industries, I've never heard anyone complain about their freedoms being robbed by having to wear one.

We have a face fit for ffp3 mask's and if you fail due to facial hair you have to shave.

It's simple the mask is a first line of defence it's not 100% fullproof against the virus but more than happy to Have been told to wear one during this crisis, people who have refused to wear one from the start ,I really cannot understand the logic is it just the "being told what to do" you don't like or is it a vanity thing?

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol.

Love my face covered as you can see...

nr spalding

Kinky

You never know, this may become a thing, sex with our face masks on! "

from years in the kink scene I can tell you it is already without a doubt a kink including with full face gas masks on

Kinky

from years in the kink scene I can tell you it is already without a doubt a kink including with full face gas masks on "

I've seen the gas masks and gimp masks on profiles. They do nothing for me

nr spalding

"Makes me laugh, in the building trade wearing a mask has been compulsory for many activities when cutting or using certain products same with many other industries, I've never heard anyone complain about their freedoms being robbed by having to wear one.

We have a face fit for ffp3 mask's and if you fail due to facial hair you have to shave.

It's simple the mask is a first line of defence it's not 100% fullproof against the virus but more than happy to Have been told to wear one during this crisis, people who have refused to wear one from the start ,I really cannot understand the logic is it just the "being told what to do" you don't like or is it a vanity thing?"

The ones that make me laugh are the ones that say ffp2 and 3 don't stop the virus at all even though they are good enough to stop chemical vapours, ok with a disposable half mask my face fuzz would probably be an issue but like you say it's a first line of defence not the only defence. I think it's like you say they don't like being told that they need to do it where as if they worked in an industry that required it they wouldn't question it

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Sticking with my mask like a ninja it's nice not only to avoid all the pollution and those taking hue puffs from their vapes and huge clouds form and in society still are some very filthy cunts which needs to be avoided lacking hygiene

nr spalding

Kinky

from years in the kink scene I can tell you it is already without a doubt a kink including with full face gas masks on

I've seen the gas masks and gimp masks on profiles. They do nothing for me "

Lol gimp masks no, gas masks can be fun for certain activities but normal cloth masks are kinda cute on some people and you are drawn more to the eyes which are after all the windows to the soul

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Most people still haven't figured out the purpose of a condom so they'll be struggling with a mask

nr spalding

"Sticking with my mask like a ninja it's nice not only to avoid all the pollution and those taking hue puffs from their vapes and huge clouds form and in society still are some very filthy cunts which needs to be avoided lacking hygiene"

there the rest of us being reasonably polite and then bam out flies the c bomb but yeah it's true I am a vape smoker but don't blow huge clouds of vape at people that's just rude

Manchester (she/her)

"Sticking with my mask like a ninja it's nice not only to avoid all the pollution and those taking hue puffs from their vapes and huge clouds form and in society still are some very filthy cunts which needs to be avoided lacking hygiene"

Oh it makes walking past smokers much more pleasant

That thing will be well and truely lobbed in the bin! For once, I'm actually enjoying going to the gym because I don't near to wear one.

"That thing will be well and truely lobbed in the bin! For once, I'm actually enjoying going to the gym because I don't near to wear one. "

Military here wear the Mopp 4 gear for biological agents.

Civilian population wear this flimsy mask.

The contradiction on those 2 on according what is best is hilarious.

"Most people still haven't figured out the purpose of a condom so they'll be struggling with a mask "

This made me giggle

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Yes we will. We neither want to give or receive the virus & will continue to think of others until this becomes no worse than annual flu

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Yes I will, to many idiots still around

If it isn’t a legal requirement to wear them why do you think people are idiots

If they don’t."

exactly x

Will definitely wear in a corridor passing the hancock.lol

NHS worker .. wear till told otherwise

Personal choice ..no

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

I can't wait to get rid of them. I honestly believe they havnt actually been much use at all. Why did we go 4 months, at the beginning of this pandemic without having to wear masks, covid figures have seemed to be much higher since we started wearing them. There are also lots of people who don't wear them correctly anyway plus you see discarded masks littered all over the place.

"I can't wait to get rid of them. I honestly believe they havnt actually been much use at all. Why did we go 4 months, at the beginning of this pandemic without having to wear masks, covid figures have seemed to be much higher since we started wearing them. There are also lots of people who don't wear them correctly anyway plus you see discarded masks littered all over the place. "

You are correct. It's utterly ridiculous.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I will be wearing one when ever I am asked too, for instance in a shop.

It’s not particularly onerous and if it helps to make other people feel safer. I don’t have a problem with it.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"I can't wait to get rid of them. I honestly believe they havnt actually been much use at all. Why did we go 4 months, at the beginning of this pandemic without having to wear masks, covid figures have seemed to be much higher since we started wearing them. There are also lots of people who don't wear them correctly anyway plus you see discarded masks littered all over the place. "

Why do people in South east asia still wear them and were wearing them when they felt unwell for years before covid?

Thats why..

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Love my face covered as you can see... "

Dentist for a scale and polish due Id say!

"Yes I will still be wearing my face mask when I need to. Supermarket, bus etc. My health is important to me x"

I dont understand because my health is important to me but actually a mask is only useful if everyone around you is wearing one. If you were the only one wearing it then you are protecting others they are not protecting you.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes I will still be wearing my face mask when I need to. Supermarket, bus etc. My health is important to me x

I dont understand because my health is important to me but actually a mask is only useful if everyone around you is wearing one. If you were the only one wearing it then you are protecting others they are not protecting you."

It's better than nothing, and the only person I can control is myself.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I will in taxis and shops when required.

"I can't wait to get rid of them. I honestly believe they havnt actually been much use at all. Why did we go 4 months, at the beginning of this pandemic without having to wear masks, covid figures have seemed to be much higher since we started wearing them. There are also lots of people who don't wear them correctly anyway plus you see discarded masks littered all over the place.

You are correct. It's utterly ridiculous."

It's utterly ridiculous why people don't wear them. Every little helps. Seems to me only vain, selfish or deluded brainwashed people don't. I will continue to wear mine for the foreseeable on my one trip out of the home each week.

"Yes I will still be wearing my face mask when I need to. Supermarket, bus etc. My health is important to me x

I dont understand because my health is important to me but actually a mask is only useful if everyone around you is wearing one. If you were the only one wearing it then you are protecting others they are not protecting you.

It's better than nothing, and the only person I can control is myself."

Most don't wear them or wash or store them properly so when it is no longer a legal requirement I won't wear one unless I'm unwell and have to go out as to protect others.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I can't wait to get rid of them. I honestly believe they havnt actually been much use at all. Why did we go 4 months, at the beginning of this pandemic without having to wear masks, covid figures have seemed to be much higher since we started wearing them. There are also lots of people who don't wear them correctly anyway plus you see discarded masks littered all over the place.

Why do people in South east asia still wear them and were wearing them when they felt unwell for years before covid?

Thats why.. "

Actually a lot of the time, mask wearing was related to avoiding pollution rather than anything to do with disease control. Our students have worn masks for years, but only out in the street. They removed them indoors (away from the buses, cars etc).

Manchester (she/her)

Most don't wear them or wash or store them properly so when it is no longer a legal requirement I won't wear one unless I'm unwell and have to go out as to protect others. "

Fair enough. I do and I will.

Thats why..

Actually a lot of the time, mask wearing was related to avoiding pollution rather than anything to do with disease control. Our students have worn masks for years, but only out in the street. They removed them indoors (away from the buses, cars etc). "

That I do understand especially on really busy roads and in London.

Most don't wear them or wash or store them properly so when it is no longer a legal requirement I won't wear one unless I'm unwell and have to go out as to protect others.

Fair enough. I do and I will."

So military experience on biological warfare negates a flimsy mask. Hell I wish I did not have to go full Mopp 4 it sucks. Wish I knew that sooner . Wake up .

Manchester (she/her)

So military experience on biological warfare negates a flimsy mask. Hell I wish I did not have to go full Mopp 4 it sucks. Wish I knew that sooner . Wake up ."

I wasn't commenting on the military or your views.

I'm wide awake, fully aware, and have done my research, and I suggest if my choice of facial wear offends you, don't look.

So military experience on biological warfare negates a flimsy mask. Hell I wish I did not have to go full Mopp 4 it sucks. Wish I knew that sooner . Wake up .

I'm wide awake, fully aware, and have done my research, and I suggest if my choice of facial wear offends you, don't look."

Well my NBC experience kind of negates what is proper in civilian life. (Nuclear biological and Chemical ) . So to think a mask protects is kind of redundant don't ya think ? If it was bad as everyone says it is we be all in mopp4. Unless you can correct me on my assumption.

I'm wide awake, fully aware, and have done my research, and I suggest if my choice of facial wear offends you, don't look.

Well my NBC experience kind of negates what is proper in civilian life. (Nuclear biological and Chemical ) . So to think a mask protects is kind of redundant don't ya think ? If it was bad as everyone says it is we be all in mopp4. Unless you can correct me on my assumption."

I dont understand why other people would get upset if somebody chooses to wear a face covering.

When I dont legally have to you I want be but I certainly wouldnt condemn anyone chooses to you even if I personally don't feel the need.

Manchester (she/her)

Well my NBC experience kind of negates what is proper in civilian life. (Nuclear biological and Chemical ) . So to think a mask protects is kind of redundant don't ya think ? If it was bad as everyone says it is we be all in mopp4. Unless you can correct me on my assumption."

I don't give a fuck about the military. It plays no part in my choices about my face. Hope this helps

North West

MOPP4 gear is worn to avoid contamination with radiative particles, toxins, nerve agents, gases and a fuck-ton of other things that are way smaller (in terms of particle size) than a virus. If the US army was ONLY trying to avoid viruses and bacteria, they wouldn't need to employ equipment that covers every square centimetre (or inch) of skin and changes colour if certain substances have been in contact

It's like suggesting someone decapitates themselves to stop their headache.

I wish I could have a face mask made from blue pewter badges.

nr spalding

"MOPP4 gear is worn to avoid contamination with radiative particles, toxins, nerve agents, gases and a fuck-ton of other things that are way smaller (in terms of particle size) than a virus. If the US army was ONLY trying to avoid viruses and bacteria, they wouldn't need to employ equipment that covers every square centimetre (or inch) of skin and changes colour if certain substances have been in contact

It's like suggesting someone decapitates themselves to stop their headache. "

Well put KC I was looking for the words to convey this myself without being offensive but you have said it perfectly

Well my NBC experience kind of negates what is proper in civilian life. (Nuclear biological and Chemical ) . So to think a mask protects is kind of redundant don't ya think ? If it was bad as everyone says it is we be all in mopp4. Unless you can correct me on my assumption.

I don't give a fuck about the military. It plays no part in my choices about my face. Hope this helps "

Why the hostilities. In order to protect from a biological agent.

Mopp4 is the choice. Not a flimsy mask. Unless military research and development is wrong. We train for that scenario. I would gladly not put on all that protection just to wear a flimsy mask. So I guess that science is incorrect in protecting. Give me a mask.

nr spalding

"I wish I could have a face mask made from blue pewter badges."

Lol have a look online and buy a load then which them all together?

Manchester (she/her)

I don't give a fuck about the military. It plays no part in my choices about my face. Hope this helps

Mopp4 is the choice. Not a flimsy mask. Unless military research and development is wrong. We train for that scenario. I would gladly not put on all that protection just to wear a flimsy mask. So I guess that science is incorrect in protecting. Give me a mask."

I wasn't talking to you, about the military. If I wanted to I would have engaged with your earlier comment.

You are trying to tell me that I'm wrong about the choices that I make about my face based on your experience, which a) has nothing to do with my life in peacetime civilian UK, and b) is based on threats very different to just a virus. You tell me to "wake up", as though I'm too stupid to see something obvious, which is rather insulting.

I am desperately uninterested in the military, it plays no part in my decision making, and I was not speaking to you or about the military. I was talking to someone else about my adherence to correct practice and the choice that I have made.

My face is my business. If masks become a matter of "personal responsibility", then I will wear them. That is my choice.

Mopp4 is the choice. Not a flimsy mask. Unless military research and development is wrong. We train for that scenario. I would gladly not put on all that protection just to wear a flimsy mask. So I guess that science is incorrect in protecting. Give me a mask."

It's a bitch to drink and eat through a straw. So let's all wear NBC equipment. It's the "right" thing to do.

Mopp4 is the choice. Not a flimsy mask. Unless military research and development is wrong. We train for that scenario. I would gladly not put on all that protection just to wear a flimsy mask. So I guess that science is incorrect in protecting. Give me a mask.

It's a bitch to drink and eat through a straw. So let's all wear NBC equipment. It's the "right" thing to do."

You're right, it might be a bit awkward at times but to hell with it, let people die or become seriously ill because im a selfish twat.

I wasn't talking to you, about the military. If I wanted to I would have engaged with your earlier comment.

You are trying to tell me that I'm wrong about the choices that I make about my face based on your experience, which a) has nothing to do with my life in peacetime civilian UK, and b) is based on threats very different to just a virus. You tell me to "wake up", as though I'm too stupid to see something obvious, which is rather insulting.

I am desperately uninterested in the military, it plays no part in my decision making, and I was not speaking to you or about the military. I was talking to someone else about my adherence to correct practice and the choice that I have made.

My face is my business. If masks become a matter of "personal responsibility", then I will wear them. That is my choice."

See choices ahh such the quagmire we evolved into. Antivaxxers wrong yet you do not want to wear a mopp4 suit to protect against the the very same virus you fear. Kind of ridiculous statement. If you want full on protection wear that shit for a day see how you feel. It's the only way to protect yourself.unless science is wrong feel free to live. Trust science yet military says otherwise. I guess DARPA scientific evidence is not good enough in your eyes. So keep believing science stats otherwise.

My face is my business. If masks become a matter of "personal responsibility", then I will wear them. That is my choice.

See choices ahh such the quagmire we evolved into. Antivaxxers wrong yet you do not want to wear a mopp4 suit to protect against the the very same virus you fear. Kind of ridiculous statement. If you want full on protection wear that shit for a day see how you feel. It's the only way to protect yourself.unless science is wrong feel free to live. Trust science yet military says otherwise. I guess DARPA scientific evidence is not good enough in your eyes. So keep believing science stats otherwise."

GIGGIDY GIGGIDY

Manchester (she/her)

See choices ahh such the quagmire we evolved into. Antivaxxers wrong yet you do not want to wear a mopp4 suit to protect against the the very same virus you fear. Kind of ridiculous statement. If you want full on protection wear that shit for a day see how you feel. It's the only way to protect yourself.unless science is wrong feel free to live. Trust science yet military says otherwise. I guess DARPA scientific evidence is not good enough in your eyes. So keep believing science stats otherwise."

The virologists I follow wear cloth masks. I trust virologists talking about viruses over a foreign military talking about numerous biological agents. Funny that. A virus is not "all biological agents".

Masks are risk mitigation, not risk prevention. There is nuance. I understand this. I take it into account.

And again. I was not talking to you or about the US military. I was talking about how to contain my spit on the Tesco run.

And I'm fully vaccinated. I'm not afraid. Please don't insult me.

nr spalding

It's a bitch to drink and eat through a straw. So let's all wear NBC equipment. It's the "right" thing to do."

Sorry but I think you are being deliberately antagonistic at the moment, the fact that the military have a protocol for certain operational situations has no bearing on the use of face coverings (which whether you like it or not have been proven to help slow the spread of this virus) in a civilian situation, also it has no bearing on an individuals choice to use the said face covering. We are not involved in a military operation where we may be exposed to any number of unknown nuclear, biological or chemical agents we are in the midst of a world wide pandemic caused by a single virual agent the transmisson of which multiple scientific studies have shown can be slowed by the use of a simple face covering due to its known transmission method (water droplets from coughing and sneezing) which does not require such drastic measures as a biological attack with an unknown agent.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Yes.

Stockport

I think that if the dangers of a trip to the shops involved being exposed to a fuck ton of bacteriological, viral, chemical and radiological agents that somebody was actively trying to kill me with, then yeah I'd definitely go for the mopp4. In fact I'd be asking if there was a mopp5, 6 or 7 version available.

On the other hand, when what I'm basically worried about is trying to cut down the effective range of my occasional cough or sneeze from 6 feet to 2 feet so as to reduce the chances of snotting my germs onto other people, and this can adequately be done with a 3 layer piece of cloth over my face - in similar way that surgeons have been doing for fifty years - then it'll do for me. Would it protect me in the event of being surrounded by a crowd of Ebola zombies, splattering me with blood and other bodily fluids? Probably not. Will it do at least a little bit of good in the freezer aisle at the supermarket? Maybe.

It's cheap, it's easy, it's no real inconvenience to me, it just might protect other people and myself a bit. Kind of a no-brainer really. I suppose it's just polite these days, kinda like not spitting in the street or farting in a crowded elevator.

See choices ahh such the quagmire we evolved into. Antivaxxers wrong yet you do not want to wear a mopp4 suit to protect against the the very same virus you fear. Kind of ridiculous statement. If you want full on protection wear that shit for a day see how you feel. It's the only way to protect yourself.unless science is wrong feel free to live. Trust science yet military says otherwise. I guess DARPA scientific evidence is not good enough in your eyes. So keep believing science stats otherwise.

The virologists I follow wear cloth masks. I trust virologists talking about viruses over a foreign military talking about numerous biological agents. Funny that. A virus is not "all biological agents".

Masks are risk mitigation, not risk prevention. There is nuance. I understand this. I take it into account.

And again. I was not talking to you or about the US military. I was talking about how to contain my spit on the Tesco run.

And I'm fully vaccinated. I'm not afraid. Please don't insult me."

Your military does the same NBC research. Otherwise they will be behind the game. Not insulting but to think that a single mask after all their research. Some of the best on the planet to negate a single paper mask to protect against a biological agent is in fact a appeasement to the populace.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Your military does the same NBC research. Otherwise they will be behind the game. Not insulting but to think that a single mask after all their research. Some of the best on the planet to negate a single paper mask to protect against a biological agent is in fact a appeasement to the populace."

I don't give a single solitary fuck about the military. Any military. US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, I could go on.

Hope this helps

North West

MOPP4 vs regular surgical or cloth mask is like:

Decapitation vs paracetamol for headache

Self-amputation of foot for a stubbed toe vs swearing loudly

Burning and scrapping of car vs having a small dent mended

Stripping naked vs removing the t-shirt you spilled pasta sauce on

Etc.

Chalk/cheese

Black/white

Not

Fucking

Relevant

Manchester (she/her)

I think that if the dangers of a trip to the shops involved being exposed to a fuck ton of bacteriological, viral, chemical and radiological agents that somebody was actively trying to kill me with, then yeah I'd definitely go for the mopp4. In fact I'd be asking if there was a mopp5, 6 or 7 version available.

On the other hand, when what I'm basically worried about is trying to cut down the effective range of my occasional cough or sneeze from 6 feet to 2 feet so as to reduce the chances of snotting my germs onto other people, and this can adequately be done with a 3 layer piece of cloth over my face - in similar way that surgeons have been doing for fifty years - then it'll do for me. Would it protect me in the event of being surrounded by a crowd of Ebola zombies, splattering me with blood and other bodily fluids? Probably not. Will it do at least a little bit of good in the freezer aisle at the supermarket? Maybe.

It's cheap, it's easy, it's no real inconvenience to me, it just might protect other people and myself a bit. Kind of a no-brainer really. I suppose it's just polite these days, kinda like not spitting in the street or farting in a crowded elevator."

Absolutely. If the shops were that dangerous I'd probably emigrate

Manchester (she/her)

"MOPP4 vs regular surgical or cloth mask is like:

Decapitation vs paracetamol for headache

Self-amputation of foot for a stubbed toe vs swearing loudly

Burning and scrapping of car vs having a small dent mended

Stripping naked vs removing the t-shirt you spilled pasta sauce on

Etc.

Chalk/cheese

Black/white

Not

Fucking

Relevant

"

Yes. As I was saying

Given I do wash my masks, wear them correctly, and have learned donning and doffing technique, I will continue to wear them.

It's a bitch to drink and eat through a straw. So let's all wear NBC equipment. It's the "right" thing to do.

You're right, it might be a bit awkward at times but to hell with it, let people die or become seriously ill because im a selfish twat."

Not being a twat the greatest minds protect military ambitions. To fail in that environment is failure to all. Am I wrong unless some civilian can speak up on that subject matter well. Like I said go full on NBC deterrent. Everyone cries statistics and who is vaccinated and who is not. So to truly protect against this horrible virus. Put mopp4 on or quit crying. It's a scientific fact. Let others live their lives if you are to scared to live yours .

Exeter

And I'm fully vaccinated. I'm not afraid. Please don't insult me.

Your military does the same NBC research. Otherwise they will be behind the game. Not insulting but to think that a single mask after all their research. Some of the best on the planet to negate a single paper mask to protect against a biological agent is in fact a appeasement to the populace."

The question was IF Boris puts us into Personal Responsibility instead of restrictions in July, will you still wear a face covering.

You can do what you like in your country, Boris doesn't make your rules.

You're right, it might be a bit awkward at times but to hell with it, let people die or become seriously ill because im a selfish twat.

Not being a twat the greatest minds protect military ambitions. To fail in that environment is failure to all. Am I wrong unless some civilian can speak up on that subject matter well. Like I said go full on NBC deterrent. Everyone cries statistics and who is vaccinated and who is not. So to truly protect against this horrible virus. Put mopp4 on or quit crying. It's a scientific fact. Let others live their lives if you are to scared to live yours ."

How much does a full mopp4 suit cost for civvy?

Not being a twat the greatest minds protect military ambitions. To fail in that environment is failure to all. Am I wrong unless some civilian can speak up on that subject matter well. Like I said go full on NBC deterrent. Everyone cries statistics and who is vaccinated and who is not. So to truly protect against this horrible virus. Put mopp4 on or quit crying. It's a scientific fact. Let others live their lives if you are to scared to live yours .

How much does a full mopp4 suit cost for civvy?"

Alot it sucks big-time. But hey your mask protects so there is nothing wrong. Enjoy.

Not being a twat the greatest minds protect military ambitions. To fail in that environment is failure to all. Am I wrong unless some civilian can speak up on that subject matter well. Like I said go full on NBC deterrent. Everyone cries statistics and who is vaccinated and who is not. So to truly protect against this horrible virus. Put mopp4 on or quit crying. It's a scientific fact. Let others live their lives if you are to scared to live yours ."

Wow. Chill buddy. Just wear a mask. Forget your military, over hyped, nonsense ramble. If its 1 percent helpful then its helpful for absolutely no real detriment to you. Each to their own but....

How much does a full mopp4 suit cost for civvy?

Alot it sucks big-time. But hey your mask protects so there is nothing wrong. Enjoy."

But now I'm scared, she should be in the public information films thread the sensuallover but just talking and not sharing any videos at all!

Wow. Chill buddy. Just wear a mask. Forget your military, over hyped, nonsense ramble. If its 1 percent helpful then its helpful for absolutely no real detriment to you. Each to their own but...."

I do not wear one. Our society dictates otherwise.

North West

".

I do not wear one. Our society dictates otherwise. "

So you do you. And we'll do us

".

So you do you. And we'll do us "

Wheres my blue pewter badge?

Exeter

"Alot it sucks big-time. But hey your mask protects so there is nothing wrong. Enjoy."

With almost 28 thousand deaths in a State population of around 12.8 million you have a higher death rate than the UK. Guess we must be doing something right after all.

North West

".

So you do you. And we'll do us

Wheres my blue pewter badge?"

On another thread

"Alot it sucks big-time. But hey your mask protects so there is nothing wrong. Enjoy.

With almost 28 thousand deaths in a State population of around 12.8 million you have a higher death rate than the UK. Guess we must be doing something right after all."

Are you ? Sitting there in constant lockdown Is that truly protection? Mopp4 up is the only protection that can quantify your existing. Science is a fickle bitch now isn't it.

Exeter

We aren't in a lockdown.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This has been asked about a few times.

I'm still the same - it's going to depend on the infection levels, the variant types, where I am and what I'm doing.

It's a very poor time just now with high levels of infection growing. I'd prefer not to catch it and spread to others, where they may get months of severe illness or worse.

Wearing a mask is something so insignificant to do generally, they're inexpensive too, so it will take a long time to stop it.

nr spalding

And back to the OPs original topic

If Boris decides to let us choose to wear a mask or not will we?

Yup I will

Fuck that I'm getting a mopp4 suit

"This has been asked about a few times.

I'm still the same - it's going to depend on the infection levels, the variant types, where I am and what I'm doing.

It's a very poor time just now with high levels of infection growing. I'd prefer not to catch it and spread to others, where they may get months of severe illness or worse.

Wearing a mask is something so insignificant to do generally, they're inexpensive too, so it will take a long time to stop it. "

But you trying to negate a science that has been proven otherwise. I love your intervention and views. If you want to wear a mask do not condemn others who do not . Otherwise if it truly mattered we all be in mopp4. Just saying.

nr spalding

"Fuck that I'm getting a mopp4 suit"

So your going all out above and beyond the mask then lol might be fun on the underground though it's sweaty enough down there at times as it is

Wearing a mask is something so insignificant to do generally, they're inexpensive too, so it will take a long time to stop it.

But you trying to negate a science that has been proven otherwise. I love your intervention and views. If you want to wear a mask do not condemn others who do not . Otherwise if it truly mattered we all be in mopp4. Just saying."

Does the American military turn everyone in to a robot?

Exeter

Are you wearing a Mopp4 suit whenever you or a family member leaves the house?

North West

Try the Army & Navy stores. Or failing that, Primark sells most things

"Fuck that I'm getting a mopp4 suit

So your going all out above and beyond the mask then lol might be fun on the underground though it's sweaty enough down there at times as it is"

The underground?

Stockport

Go mopp5, 6 or 7 instead, you know it makes sense.

"Are you wearing a Mopp4 suit whenever you or a family member leaves the house? "

When ever I leave the house

nr spalding

"Fuck that I'm getting a mopp4 suit

So your going all out above and beyond the mask then lol might be fun on the underground though it's sweaty enough down there at times as it is

The underground?"

Lol any trains then

By *estrianguyMan  over a year ago

chester

It’s worth noting finding today anything less than fppp3 was noted to be lot less effective

Exeter

less effective, or non-effetive. They are two different things.

I would rather do something than nothing.

Wow. Chill buddy. Just wear a mask. Forget your military, over hyped, nonsense ramble. If its 1 percent helpful then its helpful for absolutely no real detriment to you. Each to their own but....

So you don't wear one because your society dictates otherwise. Lol who is the sheep now! Your Words not mine. Get your own brain.

I'm only getting a full hazmat to practice diogenes technique. I was going to buy a world war two face mask a few months back

North West

"It’s worth noting finding today anything less than fppp3 was noted to be lot less effective "

In the context of preventing infection of healthcare workers who are caring for Covid positive people, yes. But the reason for face coverings in the general population isn't to protect the mask wearer. It's to prevent the wearer from snotting and sneezing etc out their virus particles. It's to protect others.

Healthcare workers also wear eye protection because the mucus membrane of the eye is an easy entry point.

In Sainsbury's, a blue surgical type or decent cloth mask is adequate for reducing the circulating virus. FFP3 etc are for direct healthcare related exposure to the virus. They're very uncomfortable to wear and difficult to put on and take off. Compliance in the general population would be miniscule because people wouldn't tolerate the discomfort (which healthcare staff have to endure daily).

"It’s worth noting finding today anything less than fppp3 was noted to be lot less effective

In the context of preventing infection of healthcare workers who are caring for Covid positive people, yes. But the reason for face coverings in the general population isn't to protect the mask wearer. It's to prevent the wearer from snotting and sneezing etc out their virus particles. It's to protect others.

Healthcare workers also wear eye protection because the mucus membrane of the eye is an easy entry point.

In Sainsbury's, a blue surgical type or decent cloth mask is adequate for reducing the circulating virus. FFP3 etc are for direct healthcare related exposure to the virus. They're very uncomfortable to wear and difficult to put on and take off. Compliance in the general population would be miniscule because people wouldn't tolerate the discomfort (which healthcare staff have to endure daily)."

If Sergei and Yulia Skripal had been wearing their mopp4 in sailsbury that day they got poisoned they would never have been in that position. Maybe mopp4 is the only way foward

Exeter

"If Sergei and Yulia Skripal had been wearing their mopp4 in sailsbury that day they got poisoned they would never have been in that position. Maybe mopp4 is the only way foward"

Feel free to cover your torso up immediately if that's the way you feel. But the Salisbury killings and COVID are, as far as I am aware, unrelated.

nr spalding

"It’s worth noting finding today anything less than fppp3 was noted to be lot less effective

In Sainsbury's, a blue surgical type or decent cloth mask is adequate for reducing the circulating virus. FFP3 etc are for direct healthcare related exposure to the virus. They're very uncomfortable to wear and difficult to put on and take off. Compliance in the general population would be miniscule because people wouldn't tolerate the discomfort (which healthcare staff have to endure daily)."

I wear a full face ffp3 in the workshop ant that sucks after a couple of hours let alone a 12 hour shift on health care, I have a lot of admiration for those that do it

"If Sergei and Yulia Skripal had been wearing their mopp4 in sailsbury that day they got poisoned they would never have been in that position. Maybe mopp4 is the only way foward

Feel free to cover your torso up immediately if that's the way you feel. But the Salisbury killings and COVID are, as far as I am aware, unrelated."

My torso is coverd up, that's an old picture

But you trying to negate a science that has been proven otherwise. I love your intervention and views. If you want to wear a mask do not condemn others who do not . Otherwise if it truly mattered we all be in mopp4. Just saying.

Does the American military turn everyone in to a robot?"

How am I a robot explain the scientific method. Does DARPA have the the scientific ability to predict military scenerios ? Unless you have a a degree in NBC it's kind of a moot point. I consider scientific evidence to the situation as well as others. So I guess they are wrong in Their assessment. Kind of a ridiculous assumption. 1. Mopp4 protection is the absolute protection. Yet we are wearing paper and cloth masks. It's redundant. The scientific method and evidence is there.

Does the American military turn everyone in to a robot?

How am I a robot explain the scientific method. Does DARPA have the the scientific ability to predict military scenerios ? Unless you have a a degree in NBC it's kind of a moot point. I consider scientific evidence to the situation as well as others. So I guess they are wrong in Their assessment. Kind of a ridiculous assumption. 1. Mopp4 protection is the absolute protection. Yet we are wearing paper and cloth masks. It's redundant. The scientific method and evidence is there.

"

Error error does not compute does not compute.

Exeter

"Mopp4 protection is the absolute protection. Yet we are wearing paper and cloth masks. It's redundant. The scientific method and evidence is there.

"

Why are you wearing cloth masks if you keep advocating MOPP4 protection only?

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

"Nope mine is getting rid awful things that have not realy achieved anything other than seeing them all over the floor "

Exactly, I will be glad to see the end of face masks and have seen loads just thrown away in the street. Making everywere unsightly.

"Mopp4 protection is the absolute protection. Yet we are wearing paper and cloth masks. It's redundant. The scientific method and evidence is there.

"

I do not now do I .If a business here required me to wear one guess what ... I go elsewhere. Choices.

I do not now do I .If a business here required me to wear one guess what ... I go elsewhere. Choices."

So prove me wrong...

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

So you're told what to do by society! Interesting. How very 'free'.