FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The people are taking back paris.

The people are taking back paris.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I am watching rt news and in france the demonstration continues after 6 weeks and in paris there is a face off against the police and the protesters, the police are going backwards as the protestors are gaining ground, how long do you think this could go on for? They are shouting liberté, liberté, liberté.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"I am watching rt news and in france the demonstration continues after 6 weeks and in paris there is a face off against the police and the protesters, the police are going backwards as the protestors are gaining ground, how long do you think this could go on for? They are shouting liberté, liberté, liberté."

Gaining ground?

Taking back Paris from whom?

I imagine the millions of Paris residents will be disturb to think their city is being taken over by a mob.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I am watching rt news and in france the demonstration continues after 6 weeks and in paris there is a face off against the police and the protesters, the police are going backwards as the protestors are gaining ground, how long do you think this could go on for? They are shouting liberté, liberté, liberté."

Yes the return of vichy France no doubt

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"I am watching rt news and in france the demonstration continues after 6 weeks and in paris there is a face off against the police and the protesters, the police are going backwards as the protestors are gaining ground, how long do you think this could go on for? They are shouting liberté, liberté, liberté.

Gaining ground?

I imagine the millions of Paris residents will be disturb to think their city is being taken over by a mob. "

Taking back as in they can continue the protest against the health pass.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"do you hear the people sing, sing the song of angry men....."

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

""do you hear the people sing, sing the song of angry men....." "

Ear worm but a pleasant one

In your bed

"I am watching rt news and in france the demonstration continues after 6 weeks and in paris there is a face off against the police and the protesters, the police are going backwards as the protestors are gaining ground, how long do you think this could go on for? They are shouting liberté, liberté, liberté.

Gaining ground?

I imagine the millions of Paris residents will be disturb to think their city is being taken over by a mob. Taking back as in they can continue the protest against the health pass."

So they are protesting.

Well the French do love a good protest. Its like a hobby gets you good exercise.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Hardly vive le revolution lol

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

love it

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Last night I watched the movie London has fallen. It is really happening in Paris, London and across Europe.

Tin town

Gaining ground?

I imagine the millions of Paris residents will be disturb to think their city is being taken over by a mob. Taking back as in they can continue the protest against the health pass.

So they are protesting.

Well the French do love a good protest. Its like a hobby gets you good exercise.

"

They do and they are so good at it. I notice they didn't have the annual Air traffic controllers strike this August though.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Good luck to them

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury

Yes the return of vichy France no doubt"

If that's the case,I'm sure they'll surrender to someone soon

In your bed

If that's the case,I'm sure they'll surrender to someone soon "

Whilst a funny quip its interesting to not that the French have a good battle record.

They top the leader board for most battles won at 1115

The UK are second with 1105.

Of course it does depend on how many fights you have had.

Basically us and the French probably just annoyed our neighbours more than anyone else.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sexist claptrap

De rigeuer on Fab

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

""do you hear the people sing, sing the song of angry men....."

Sexist claptrap

De rigeuer on Fab "

Or a song from a popular musical that seemed appropriate here...... Take your pick

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

""do you hear the people sing, sing the song of angry men....."

Sexist claptrap

De rigeuer on Fab

Or a song from a popular musical that seemed appropriate here...... Take your pick "

and, At the End of The Day, here on Fab it is just One more Day

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury

Whilst a funny quip its interesting to not that the French have a good battle record.

Basically us and the French probably just annoyed our neighbours more than anyone else.

"

That's more like, or we've picked the most fights. Either way I'm hope that there isn't anyone daft enough in government that thinks we need to get ahead of the French on this one.

Back to this thread... Taking back Paris suggest that it had been taken from them... Have I missed something? Was there a coup d'état? Has Paris become an independent state?... Do the protesters want Paris to be an independent state?

Oh that is good news, let’s hope it catches on!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I admire the French for their protest willingness and forthright attitude . This protest is perhaps overdone, as it's about safety precautions, especially at a time that is perilous, with the onset of autumn, more time indoors and greater susceptibility to infecting others, not to mention other respiratory infections being prevalent. The level headed support for vaccinations is the more thoughtful approach and most sensible people are not protesting, they're just doing the right things for the benefit of us all, without any fuss and calamity.

"I admire the French for their protest willingness and forthright attitude . This protest is perhaps overdone, as it's about safety precautions, especially at a time that is perilous, with the onset of autumn, more time indoors and greater susceptibility to infecting others, not to mention other respiratory infections being prevalent. The level headed support for vaccinations is the more thoughtful approach and most sensible people are not protesting, they're just doing the right things for the benefit of us all, without any fuss and calamity. "

Interesting opinion!

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"

The geek in me wants to know where you are getting those numbers of battles from

By *tio_oyMan  over a year ago

Amsterdam Holland

Do them French ever work? I have absolutely no time to protest or whatsoever during weekdays. Seems like them and/or the yellow vest brgade have all the time in the world....

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Yeah… and….

The loud minority vs the silent majority

This would be the same majority who thinks macron made the right decision to bring in health passports….. 80-20

If you’re double jabbed then the passport is not a problem and easy to live with but if you’re not then get protesting!!!!

Having just spent five days in England I know where I feel safer and more comfortable but that’s just my opinion.

T

In your bed

The geek in me wants to know where you are getting those numbers of battles from "

OK I googled it so could be open to large error, as how far back do the records go.

But it was something I was aware of as I think it came up on QI, it is just that in recent memory most people remember the most recent battles, not all the preceeding ones.

Napoleon must have a few of those before he finally lost.

Central

"Do them French ever work? I have absolutely no time to protest or whatsoever during weekdays. Seems like them and/or the yellow vest brgade have all the time in the world...."

In England, the rights to protest, strike and other standard freedoms, have been curtailed. I'd hope that the French would resist those types of moves with all their might.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

We should all be ‘more French’. Mind you, it will

give the women of Fab a run for their money and make them up their game, French women - sexiest in the world!

In your bed

"We should all be ‘more French’. Mind you, it will

give the women of Fab a run for their money and make them up their game, French women - sexiest in the world! "

Backs away from this one very very slowly.

give the women of Fab a run for their money and make them up their game, French women - sexiest in the world! "

lol I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Awww my friend Marie-France will be chuffed to hear that, she says she's Gérard Depardieu's doppelganger

Yes ive seen this too. They are shouting freedom to people who are eating at restaurants, who have had the jab! Just so they can get their covid passport. Tyranny it is, if its forced upon Any people.

"Yes ive seen this too. They are shouting freedom to people who are eating at restaurants, who have had the jab! Just so they can get their covid passport. Tyranny it is, if its forced upon Any people."

So the people who choose not to be jabbed are shouting freedom at people who choose to be jabbed.

Freedom of choice eh what a bastard!!!!

T

And for Their Choice not to be jabbed they are excluded and banned from certain places in public. That is tyranny for a virus with a recovery rate of 99.97%...

I can understand that some are reluctant to be jabbed.

I can't understand why if you make the choice not to have a jab you wouldn't be willing to provide a negative test.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

The geek in me wants to know where you are getting those numbers of battles from "

But the other person thinking where shall we go tonight, can't be arsed.

"And for Their Choice not to be jabbed they are excluded and banned from certain places in public. That is tyranny for a virus with a recovery rate of 99.97%..."

In your humble opinion of course which is a valid opinion but not one that I share.

Freedom of choice is just that and if you dont agree with the rules then it’s your freedom of choice to break them.

You need a driving license to drive legally but you can obviously drive without one so is it tyranny to expect you to pass a test to protect the public or is it what some call common sense.

T

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

Rt news is dodgy

In your bed

"And for Their Choice not to be jabbed they are excluded and banned from certain places in public. That is tyranny for a virus with a recovery rate of 99.97%..."

That is not the recovery rate without a jab.

"Rt news is dodgy "

It’s great to be fair if you love mother Russia and hate the west!!!!

T

Having a jab forced on anyone in any manner or if you are discriminated against by your medical decisions is against The Human Rights Act 1998, which is equally against the law.

Driving without a licence is against the law. Your not allowed. No one is being discriminated against if they dont want to follow the legal way to get a licence. It IS their choice.

So why should someone be coerced into getting a jab to go on holiday, a nightclub or out for a meal when it is against human rights.

Does everyone know that the jabs are only being allowed under emergency and are on TRIAL till 2023??!! Zero long term data. All the animals kicked the bucket in the phase 2 trials..

merseyside

"Having a jab forced on anyone in any manner or if you are discriminated against by your medical decisions is against The Human Rights Act 1998, which is equally against the law.

Driving without a licence is against the law. Your not allowed. No one is being discriminated against if they dont want to follow the legal way to get a licence. It IS their choice.

So why should someone be coerced into getting a jab to go on holiday, a nightclub or out for a meal when it is against human rights.

Does everyone know that the jabs are only being allowed under emergency and are on TRIAL till 2023??!! Zero long term data. All the animals kicked the bucket in the phase 2 trials.."

Can I just ask which article of the HR you refer.

Your statement about all the animals kicking the bucket in phase 2 trials.

Never heard that one.

What did they die of.

What type of animals.

Were they put to sleep after being involved in these trials or are you saying every single animal, everywhere on the world used during Covid Only trials all died from receiving their vaccine.

Will we suffer the same fate or will have a different outcome.

I've coughed on our cat for over 12 months and he's ok.

Well not 100%, he has gone deaf.

Do you think it now may be transferring to cats and making them deaf.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

"Having a jab forced on anyone in any manner or if you are discriminated against by your medical decisions is against The Human Rights Act 1998, which is equally against the law.

Does everyone know that the jabs are only being allowed under emergency and are on TRIAL till 2023??!! Zero long term data. All the animals kicked the bucket in the phase 2 trials.."

The last thing that baccines are on trial till 2023 is untrue.

Fact check by Reuters https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-clinical-trial-idUSL1N2PI0N6

“Finally, it is standard practice for vaccine monitoring to continue after clinical trials. The estimated completion date on clinical trial websites lists Jan. 31, 2023?for Pfizer (bit.ly/3vvVPiz) and Oct. 27, 2022 for Moderna?(bit.ly/3aSmb6y), which has led some people to believe that clinical trials are incomplete.

However, authorised COVID-19 vaccines were thoroughly tested (here) and the dates reference continued safety monitoring, which is standard practice in the industry (here)”.

How can they do thorough long term testing if they have had no time do it. They have only just started using them?! How do they know the effects long term?

If you want the link for the video about the animals i can send it

"How can they do thorough long term testing if they have had no time do it. They have only just started using them?! How do they know the effects long term?

If you want the link for the video about the animals i can send it"

I'm intrigued by the vid ...

By *extus1951Man  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Watching the Putin regime funded channel...?

Of course RT would gloat at this scenario, as it fits the Putin narrative of the weakened West!

After the Afghanistan shambles, we don't need Putin to remind us of our decreased moral courage!

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Oh ffs. 90% of french adults have had at least 1 dose.

Redditch

"How can they do thorough long term testing if they have had no time do it. They have only just started using them?! How do they know the effects long term?

Because thats like asking me what the long term effects of saying the word "blagilfmada" three times a day is. We don't know but there is no reason to think there will be any long term adverse effects. The covid jabs have no quality to the way they work that can impact long term health beyond adverse reactions in the first couple of months that are already known.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

What a load of bollocks re all the animals kicking the bucket in the phase 2 trials. No government health department in the world would endorse a medical product in which that happened and the companies wouldn’t even take it to phase 3

Lol, Exactly the point.. they have carried on after phase 2 failures. You need to do more research

OMG MRNA is a brand new technoligy never before used on humans.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"Lol, Exactly the point.. they have carried on after phase 2 failures. You need to do more research"

No I don’t need to do anymore research. I work in a comparative industry and there is no way that trials would continue after animal deaths. You have been fooled by your social media sites

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Lol, Exactly the point.. they have carried on after phase 2 failures. You need to do more research"

Animals used in drug trials are always killed afterwards so they can do analysis... a rat is less able to tell you how it feels than people are.

"YOU" need to do more research!

[Removed by poster at 13/09/21 19:58:25]

Scunthorpe

Are you suggesting that the people of Paris are revolting?

Scunthorpe

"OMG MRNA is a brand new technoligy never before used on humans.

"

OMG... they first started testing MRNA based treatments in the late 1980's

Tin town

Whilst I am jabbed and will probably have the third one if offered. I also feel strongly that for delta variant, there is little evidence to suggest unvaccinated and tested folks are a "danger" to any one, any more so than a double jabbed person who is untested. If there is strong and compelling evidence then let's see it... If there is no evidence then what on earth is the reason for having it? The behaviour of people is still the most compelling spreader of disease and that is of Vaxed or unvaxed. If you don't have it you can't spread it or die of it. So what's the real issue underlying this?

Because thats like asking me what the long term effects of saying the word "blagilfmada" three times a day is. We don't know but there is no reason to think there will be any long term adverse effects. The covid jabs have no quality to the way they work that can impact long term health beyond adverse reactions in the first couple of months that are already known."

This is most definitely not true, there are lots of people reporting adverse affects many months after having the jab, but for some reason their symptoms have remained off official government sites. It would be nieve at this stage to think we are in the clear, we may not know for some years yet

By *anderMan  over a year ago

Greater Manchester

More power to the protestors , Macron wasn't elected with a mandate to do this to his people. The so called "health pass" has no validation in the science they try to claim to justify this - the double vaccinated can have the same virla levels as the unjabbed! We should be thankful that the dark shadow of vaccine passes is no longer hanging over us in the UK - they protect no-one but power mad tyrants like Bill Gates et al.

"More power to the protestors , Macron wasn't elected with a mandate to do this to his people. The so called "health pass" has no validation in the science they try to claim to justify this - the double vaccinated can have the same virla levels as the unjabbed! We should be thankful that the dark shadow of vaccine passes is no longer hanging over us in the UK - they protect no-one but power mad tyrants like Bill Gates et al. "

Oh no did you not watch the news today were they back tracked and said it may be brought in next month along with mask wearing !!!!

Good times ahead.

T

merseyside

No thanks.

Can't really be arsed.

By *ealOne74Man  over a year ago

limerick

Gaining ground?

I imagine the millions of Paris residents will be disturb to think their city is being taken over by a mob. Taking back as in they can continue the protest against the health pass.

So they are protesting.

"

Didnt see many French people among the protestes...

Redditch

Because thats like asking me what the long term effects of saying the word "blagilfmada" three times a day is. We don't know but there is no reason to think there will be any long term adverse effects. The covid jabs have no quality to the way they work that can impact long term health beyond adverse reactions in the first couple of months that are already known.

This is most definitely not true, there are lots of people reporting adverse affects many months after having the jab, but for some reason their symptoms have remained off official government sites. It would be nieve at this stage to think we are in the clear, we may not know for some years yet"

Sorry but that is either a lie or just wrong and ill informed

There is NO mechanism whereby the vaccine can adversely affect someone on the long term - if the vaccine has caused harm to you then it happens within the initial period after having received it. Noone is keeping anything off the books. To do so would require millions of people globally in the meeical profession to be covering stuff up! Ludicrous

As long as Euro Disney is open properly mid October they can protest all they like xx

This is most definitely not true, there are lots of people reporting adverse affects many months after having the jab, but for some reason their symptoms have remained off official government sites. It would be nieve at this stage to think we are in the clear, we may not know for some years yet

There is NO mechanism whereby the vaccine can adversely affect someone on the long term - if the vaccine has caused harm to you then it happens within the initial period after having received it. Noone is keeping anything off the books. To do so would require millions of people globally in the meeical profession to be covering stuff up! Ludicrous"

And who are you to question Facebook, that font of all knowledge?

Central

The number of people protesting has halved over a month. The largely sensible measures to reduce indoors contact, to those taking precautions leaves the minority with decisions about what they ought to be doing, before the more dangerous winter period arrives.

There is NO mechanism whereby the vaccine can adversely affect someone on the long term - if the vaccine has caused harm to you then it happens within the initial period after having received it. Noone is keeping anything off the books. To do so would require millions of people globally in the meeical profession to be covering stuff up! Ludicrous"

Evidently not, there are lots of people all saying they are having complications my sister being one of them but it’s not reported as a side affect on the government websites, I don’t know why their symptoms aren’t on there but to say it’s rubbish is to ignore growing numbers of people all expressing pretty bad ill affects, surely we need to look at it and not go on blindly we are supposed to be trying to protect each other. We need to care for the elderly and vulnerable in society, but it’s clear the vaccine isn’t the total answer and yet at the same time mad far fetched conspiracy ideas just make a mockery of the situation and are of no use to anyone other than to divide and spread fear. There are always somethings that suit some and not others but especially in medicine as our bodies can respond differently to different drugs, for some even which doctor they see matters

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

There is NO mechanism whereby the vaccine can adversely affect someone on the long term - if the vaccine has caused harm to you then it happens within the initial period after having received it. Noone is keeping anything off the books. To do so would require millions of people globally in the meeical profession to be covering stuff up! Ludicrous

Evidently not, there are lots of people all saying they are having complications my sister being one of them but it’s not reported as a side affect on the government websites, I don’t know why their symptoms aren’t on there but to say it’s rubbish is to ignore growing numbers of people all expressing pretty bad ill affects, surely we need to look at it and not go on blindly we are supposed to be trying to protect each other. We need to care for the elderly and vulnerable in society, but it’s clear the vaccine isn’t the total answer and yet at the same time mad far fetched conspiracy ideas just make a mockery of the situation and are of no use to anyone other than to divide and spread fear. There are always somethings that suit some and not others but especially in medicine as our bodies can respond differently to different drugs, for some even which doctor they see matters "

A lot of people say a lot of things A lot of people see 2+3 and think the answer must be 4. Vaccines are in and out of your system very quickly. Complications from vaccines come within hours or days. With very few exceptions “Complications” not arising until weeks and months later are almost certainly nothing to do with vaccination. If I fall down stairs and brake a leg it’s not because of being hit by a car 6 weeks ago.

Yeah thanks for that.....2 days later and I'm still singing it

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

The geek in me wants to know where you are getting those numbers of battles from

OK I googled it so could be open to large error, as how far back do the records go.

But it was something I was aware of as I think it came up on QI, it is just that in recent memory most people remember the most recent battles, not all the preceeding ones.

Napoleon must have a few of those before he finally lost. "

People also say it because the French surrendered in WW2 kind of forgetting that the BEF abandoned France to the advancing Germans and beat a hasty retreat from the beaches of Dunkirk. We were only saved from the same fate by the geographical luck of being an island and even this didn't save our channel island friends from the same fate as France. Its funny though, we remember the utter defeat that led to us barely escaping Dunkirk as some kind of massive victory while the French get vilified. As usual its all a load of nationalist bollocks, there were may sympathisers on both countries, and incredibly brave women and men in both too.

Mr

Good post in my opinion NBVN but the French people did not surrender and continued fighting right through the occupation but the lazy old politicians did saying that it saved millions of life’s and their fat lazy arses of course!!!!

Apart from abandoning the French at Dunkirk they also killed over 1500 when the navy didn’t scupper the fleet fast enough for their liking as the Germans approached.

Still I hope the anti vaxxers are enjoying taking Paris back.

T

The french are always revolting anyway ??

Redditch

Have the people taken back paris yet? Or are the police and government still in situe?

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Naa they love a good old riot the football fans are at it aswell.

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

[Removed by poster at 18/09/21 22:31:44]

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

News just out, they have all now been made French Ambassadors to Washington.

all around

Napoleon must have a few of those before he finally lost.

People also say it because the French surrendered in WW2 kind of forgetting that the BEF abandoned France to the advancing Germans and beat a hasty retreat from the beaches of Dunkirk. We were only saved from the same fate by the geographical luck of being an island and even this didn't save our channel island friends from the same fate as France. Its funny though, we remember the utter defeat that led to us barely escaping Dunkirk as some kind of massive victory while the French get vilified. As usual its all a load of nationalist bollocks, there were may sympathisers on both countries, and incredibly brave women and men in both too.

Mr"

Oh for goodness sake, next I suppose you'll try to tell us bill gates isn't putting microchips in the Vaccine

#sarcasm

"OMG MRNA is a brand new technoligy never before used on humans.

"

omg they walk amongst us

all around

It's good that France and some other countries have leaders with balls and conviction unlike the idiots in government of the UK who pander to the whim of a tiny but vocal minority on almost every issue.

Ah well

"It's good that France and some other countries have leaders with balls and conviction unlike the idiots in government of the UK who pander to the whim of a tiny but vocal minority on almost every issue.

Ah well"

Pandering how? Which minorities or minority issues do you disagree with?

You've posted this for a reason. At least give some context!

Redditch

Have the people taken back Paris yet? Asking for a friend...

all around

"It's good that France and some other countries have leaders with balls and conviction unlike the idiots in government of the UK who pander to the whim of a tiny but vocal minority on almost every issue.

Ah well

You've posted this for a reason. At least give some context! "

I'd like to see a poll of the British public to see if they support vaccine passports.

I'd hazard a guess the overwhelming majority would.

The ones that don't are the ones being vocal.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"And for Their Choice not to be jabbed they are excluded and banned from certain places in public. That is tyranny for a virus with a recovery rate of 99.97%...

In your humble opinion of course which is a valid opinion but not one that I share.

Freedom of choice is just that and if you dont agree with the rules then it’s your freedom of choice to break them.

You need a driving license to drive legally but you can obviously drive without one so is it tyranny to expect you to pass a test to protect the public or is it what some call common sense.

T"

You made a big error there, common sense is overrated.

merseyside

"And for Their Choice not to be jabbed they are excluded and banned from certain places in public. That is tyranny for a virus with a recovery rate of 99.97%...

T

You made a big error there, common sense is overrated."

Don't think it's overrated, just not in abundant supply.

Tin town

T

Don't think it's overrated, just not in abundant supply. "

Is that a supply issue down to hgv driver shortage? Brexit?

all around

T

Is that a supply issue down to hgv driver shortage? Brexit? "

No, brexit was a symptom not a cause lol

Scunthorpe

T

Is that a supply issue down to hgv driver shortage? Brexit?

-----

No, brexit was a symptom not a cause lol"

So... are you saying that a shortage of lorry drivers caused Brexit?

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

For as long as it takes.. it's ok to have sports events with no masks but school children have to wear them disgusting

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

This is happening in a lot of cities but the news is controlled by the people instigating this whole show so they won't let you see that there is a resistance.. sit back watch the Covid show get vaccinated be obedient repeat

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"This is happening in a lot of cities but the news is controlled by the people instigating this whole show so they won't let you see that there is a resistance.. sit back watch the Covid show get vaccinated be obedient repeat "

By *urekamanfor2Man  over a year ago

Shoreham

Ah well

You've posted this for a reason. At least give some context!

I'd like to see a poll of the British public to see if they support vaccine passports.

I'd hazard a guess the overwhelming majority would.

The ones that don't are the ones being vocal."

Exactly

By *heekybrummiemonkeysCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

If most want vaccine passports, it does not make it ok to segregate people. If society operated like that, minority rights would be fucked.

Testing is always a reasonable alternative which does not exclude anyone. Wales’s passport reflects this. Scotland’s doesn’t.

I’m addition, anyone in favour of such segregation, ask yourself what issues this could cause in society. Massive problems.

Taking back Paris??

No they’re not lol

They’ll conform as society dictates unfortunately.

Central

"If most want vaccine passports, it does not make it ok to segregate people. If society operated like that, minority rights would be fucked.

Testing is always a reasonable alternative which does not exclude anyone. Wales’s passport reflects this. Scotland’s doesn’t.

I’m addition, anyone in favour of such segregation, ask yourself what issues this could cause in society. Massive problems."

You talk of 'segregation' and yet other permissions that we gain by our choices and actions. such as driving licences, are not thought of as segregation. In life it's standard that some of our choices have consequences for how we live our lives, what we're able to do etc.

By *heekybrummiemonkeysCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"If most want vaccine passports, it does not make it ok to segregate people. If society operated like that, minority rights would be fucked.

I’m addition, anyone in favour of such segregation, ask yourself what issues this could cause in society. Massive problems.

You talk of 'segregation' and yet other permissions that we gain by our choices and actions. such as driving licences, are not thought of as segregation. In life it's standard that some of our choices have consequences for how we live our lives, what we're able to do etc.

"

Medical choices are very different to a drivers license. Let’s see how a two tier society works out then. Well, hopefully we won’t have to. It won’t be pretty.

Redditch

Medical choices are very different to a drivers license. Let’s see how a two tier society works out then. Well, hopefully we won’t have to. It won’t be pretty."

In what way are they different?

Tin town

Medical choices are very different to a drivers license. Let’s see how a two tier society works out then. Well, hopefully we won’t have to. It won’t be pretty.

In what way are they different?"

One allows you to drive a car and one determines your health and well being?

Central

In what way are they different?

One allows you to drive a car and one determines your health and well being? "

They're both access limiting or permitting options that we secure by our choices and actions. They both provide access to the benefits of a greater range of social engagement, when we choose to have them - we limit or open the places we can go to, times of day we have freedom to roam, aspects of our life and well-being. The essence of them - and a driving licence is 1 example, while others could have suggested more - is that they arise from our choices, what we decide to open up for ourselves, or keep closed down

By *opeyMan  over a year ago

Winchester

Typical RT propaganda, don’t fall for it!

"Typical RT propaganda, don’t fall for it! "

It’s way to late for that as he has and he did!!!!

T

Is there ever a time when someone isn’t shouting liberté in Paris? They protest everything over there

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

If that's the case,I'm sure they'll surrender to someone soon "

Liverpool

Yeah… and….

The loud minority vs the silent majority

This would be the same majority who thinks macron made the right decision to bring in health passports….. 80-20"

Right on the money. Those who don't give a jot about the welfare of the many, all protesting on behalf of the many they'll claim to be doing it on behalf of.

Liverpool

"Do them French ever work? I have absolutely no time to protest or whatsoever during weekdays. Seems like them and/or the yellow vest brgade have all the time in the world....

In England, the rights to protest, strike and other standard freedoms, have been curtailed. I'd hope that the French would resist those types of moves with all their might. "

Not really - only removing the right to behave like dickheads and get away with it hopefully.

I'm totally in favour of free speech and would genuinely be concerned if it ever actually got banned, but have to admit to being totally for more Police power to actually do something to nip it in the bud if its less than legal.

Liverpool

"Yes ive seen this too. They are shouting freedom to people who are eating at restaurants, who have had the jab! Just so they can get their covid passport. Tyranny it is, if its forced upon Any people.

So the people who choose not to be jabbed are shouting freedom at people who choose to be jabbed.

Freedom of choice eh what a bastard!!!!

T"

Bloody well said!

Liverpool

Surely that's hypocrisy however you look at it - unless you're saying those who refuse them access to their restaurants etc. shouldn't have those same freedoms of choice? Choose to have the jab (and I'd never suggest it should be compulsory) and go to places that choose to allow only those who are jabbed and safer, or choose not to have it and not go. Simple choices for all. Sod all to do with liberty if you've already been allowed to have your choices respected.

Liverpool

Always the freedom of choice for owners of establishments to choose who they let in too. People can cry like babies all they like, but at the end of the day (having exercised that freedom by not getting jabbed) they've also taken the decision to have themselves refused entry to places. Maybe just go somewhere where they don't care if people have had it or not? Surely it's ALSO the choice of those who have chosen to be jabbed to not be in the same enclosed spaces as those who haven't. The only argument against which is hypocrisy.

Gaining ground?

So they are protesting.

They do and they are so good at it. I notice they didn't have the annual Air traffic controllers strike this August though. "

Not worth it with so little air traffic to control in August!!

In your bed

Gaining ground?

So they are protesting.

They do and they are so good at it. I notice they didn't have the annual Air traffic controllers strike this August though.

Not worth it with so little air traffic to control in August!!"

They could always protest about the lack of aircraft.

By *olfy and SheepCouple  over a year ago

Lancaster

I mean, that happens every week in France. It's how the unions get the government to stop exploiting their labour.

» Add a new message to this topic