FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Don't so "I told you so"

Don't so "I told you so"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ean counter OP   Man  over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

A close family member (in early thirties, no health issues, very fit) who has not been vaccinated and has been saying "I don't need it", "you don't know what's in it", "it won't get me" and all that bullshit went down with covid last week. Didn't get admitted to hospital but came very very close and now a week later is still not very ill. His wife (vaccinated) caught it too and had a runny nose and that's it! That's enough evidence for me !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope they're both ok

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Well let's hope he see's the light

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"A close family member (in early thirties, no health issues, very fit) who has not been vaccinated and has been saying "I don't need it", "you don't know what's in it", "it won't get me" and all that bullshit went down with covid last week. Didn't get admitted to hospital but came very very close and now a week later is still not very ill. His wife (vaccinated) caught it too and had a runny nose and that's it! That's enough evidence for me !! "

Irrefutable evidence … of something! I have a client who’s unlikely to return to her professional career due to guillane barres ? Syndrome following vaccination. .. she’s now able to walk with assistance. I had Covid just after Xmas and achy muscles for a few days

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"A close family member (in early thirties, no health issues, very fit) who has not been vaccinated and has been saying "I don't need it", "you don't know what's in it", "it won't get me" and all that bullshit went down with covid last week. Didn't get admitted to hospital but came very very close and now a week later is still not very ill. His wife (vaccinated) caught it too and had a runny nose and that's it! That's enough evidence for me !! "

Unfortunately things are not so black and white. I know a pair of twins who both caught the virus at a family wedding along with their brother, both vaccinated at similar times (pre booster though). One of the pair was very ill and 8 months later is still suffering with fatigue. The other sister was quite poorly for around 3 weeks but totally recovered with no ongoing issues... their brother had minor cold like symptoms.

The effects of the virus are very random with no consistency in how different individuals are effected or otherwise.

Cal

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Dirk unvaccinated doesn't have any health issues had covid end of August. Slight headache, mild temperature and lost taste and smell for a few days.

Me (missus) unvaccinated have cancer, had covid at the same time as Dirk. Mild temperature, a little more tired than Dirk for a week, bad headaches for last 2 days (could as well have been the kids or hot whiskey that we were merrily sipping on), lost taste and smell for a few days.

Close relative same age as me, medical professional:

Had covid - mild cold like symptoms for a week.

Got two jabs after.

Following second jab ended up in hospital on same evening with enlarged heart and now has to live with a damaged valve. Worth it.

missus

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hope your family get well soon OP.

My neighbour was diagnosed with throat cancer in June last year and I've only just found out that he hasn't had any of the jabs but he's never caught Covid and he's back at work, in and out of people's houses. I am triple jabbed and I've never caught it either x

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Both my bouts of covid pre and post double jabs were thankfully very mild and very similar, if anything I felt worse second time around. However I think that was down to me already feeling under the weather when I caught it so it got more of a hold on me.

Hope your family recovers quick OP.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Me unvaccinated caught it 3 weeks ago and got over it within 4 days. Partner vaccinated and had it worse than me. Several ppl I know who have caught it unvaccinated have all got over it. Several ppl I know who have been vaccinated have had it worse. Several ppl I know have also had bad adverse reactions to the jabs, from strokes to painful injection sites. Each to their own but i know what side of the fence I am and grateful for "

Yes it's all a matter of personal choice or should be! My kids talked me into having the 2 which I did! Not having the booster! But getting alot of grief of one of them in particular to get it x

The thing is, the vaccine programme was designed for population benefit and not simply individual benefit. If you are vaccinated, there is evidence you get milder disease and are less contagious - so spread it less. It’s the last bit that is most important, from a public health point of view.

Same for measles - most people who get measles have a crap few days but that’s it - although every now and then someone is properly sick with it. If it is vaccinated against then no one gets it, good or bad.

By *avana8817Man  over a year ago

Consett

I have Covid now…unvaccinated. Apart from a Mild sore throat and temp last week!! i am fine. Honestly Hay fever is worse.

Your statement makes no sense, Covid effects people differently, if you have had it and was ok….you will be ok with Covid. If people made their lifestyle healthier Covid would be less of an issue

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"A close family member (in early thirties, no health issues, very fit) who has not been vaccinated and has been saying "I don't need it", "you don't know what's in it", "it won't get me" and all that bullshit went down with covid last week. Didn't get admitted to hospital but came very very close and now a week later is still not very ill. His wife (vaccinated) caught it too and had a runny nose and that's it! That's enough evidence for me !!

I have Covid now…unvaccinated. Apart from a Mild sore throat and temp last week!! i am fine. Honestly Hay fever is worse.

Your statement makes no sense, Covid effects people differently, if you have had it and was ok….you will be ok with Covid. If people made their lifestyle healthier Covid would be less of an issue "

Sone people die from bee stings, others barely notice bee stings.

Teesside

"A close family member (in early thirties, no health issues, very fit) who has not been vaccinated and has been saying "I don't need it", "you don't know what's in it", "it won't get me" and all that bullshit went down with covid last week. Didn't get admitted to hospital but came very very close and now a week later is still not very ill. His wife (vaccinated) caught it too and had a runny nose and that's it! That's enough evidence for me !!

Your statement makes no sense, Covid effects people differently, if you have had it and was ok….you will be ok with Covid. If people made their lifestyle healthier Covid would be less of an issue

Sone people die from bee stings, others barely notice bee stings. "

...others just stay the fuck away from bees

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If people made their lifestyle healthier Covid would be less of an issue "

This Covid has been around for just on two years, have you read anything about it at all ?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"

The effects of the virus are very random with no consistency in how different individuals are effected or otherwise.

Cal"

This is the thing. There are so many differing effects for everyone. I've had it (unvaccinated) I wasn't too bad it was manageable, my husband had it (2 x vaccinated) and couldn't get out of bed for a few days.

You take your chances with either having the vaccination or not!

Teesside

"If people made their lifestyle healthier Covid would be less of an issue

This Covid has been around for just on two years, have you read anything about it at all ?"

They aren't wrong, having less health issues dramatically reduces your chances of a bad outcome. Yes there is obviously outliers, once more is understood about the virus we'll likely see the reasons why too.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Sone people die from bee stings, others barely notice bee stings. ...others just stay the fuck away from bees "

You mean they .... Self ... Isolate !!

Teesside

Sone people die from bee stings, others barely notice bee stings. ...others just stay the fuck away from bees

You mean they .... Self ... Isolate !!"

By *irkmcquickleyMan  over a year ago

drogheda

My brother didnt get jabbed and got covid and it was a piece of piss for him. Back on the ale after a week. Seems to affect everyone differently

By *amdenfunMan  over a year ago

London

Lots of interesting points already made. We know that covid affects people differently for reasons that are not yet understood, and that anecdotal evidence like that rarely proves anything significant.

Just one further point - it could, possibly, be that the unvaccinated person who suffered quite badly now has great covid immunity and the vaccinated person's immunity will disappear sooner.

Not saying that's the case (and I am vaccinated), just raising the possibility. And it is the case that few of us know much about what's in the vaccine - whatever conclusions we come to, and even if we deign to follow the majority expert opinion, a dose of healthy scepticism can't be a bad thing, can it?

Belfast

"Lots of interesting points already made. We know that covid affects people differently for reasons that are not yet understood, and that anecdotal evidence like that rarely proves anything significant.

Just one further point - it could, possibly, be that the unvaccinated person who suffered quite badly now has great covid immunity and the vaccinated person's immunity will disappear sooner.

Not saying that's the case (and I am vaccinated), just raising the possibility. And it is the case that few of us know much about what's in the vaccine - whatever conclusions we come to, and even if we deign to follow the majority expert opinion, a dose of healthy scepticism can't be a bad thing, can it?"

It's quite sad that people who do question the science in it all must state that they're vaccinated not to get attacked or be swiped off as anti vax looneys

Forum Mod

O o O oo

This Covid has been around for just on two years, have you read anything about it at all ?They aren't wrong, having less health issues dramatically reduces your chances of a bad outcome. Yes there is obviously outliers, once more is understood about the virus we'll likely see the reasons why too.

"

That doesn't mean everyone who you and they class as "fit and healthy" won't get it. It just means people will think they are immune from it if they deem themselves "fit and healthy" which isn't true at all

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Nan and grandad 87 and 90 both vaccinated both had covid just now nan is in hospital but not in any immediate danger grandad didn't even have any symptoms and is now testing negative after 6 days. Explain that

Teesside

This Covid has been around for just on two years, have you read anything about it at all ?They aren't wrong, having less health issues dramatically reduces your chances of a bad outcome. Yes there is obviously outliers, once more is understood about the virus we'll likely see the reasons why too.

That doesn't mean everyone who you and they class as "fit and healthy" won't get it. It just means people will think they are immune from it if they deem themselves "fit and healthy" which isn't true at all"

I don't think anyone is suggesting being fit and healthy will stop you getting it. The chances of a better outcome increases dramatically though.

Also, if the entire thing was about protecting the NHS, the focus on health should have been at the forefront from the beginning. Not as a replacement for vaccines or other treatments but less obesity would take a massive strain off the health services.

"Lots of interesting points already made. We know that covid affects people differently for reasons that are not yet understood, and that anecdotal evidence like that rarely proves anything significant.

Not saying that's the case (and I am vaccinated), just raising the possibility. And it is the case that few of us know much about what's in the vaccine - whatever conclusions we come to, and even if we deign to follow the majority expert opinion, a dose of healthy scepticism can't be a bad thing, can it?

It's quite sad that people who do question the science in it all must state that they're vaccinated not to get attacked or be swiped off as anti vax looneys "

But thats not a one way street is it?

How many times have those that state they follow the science are then labelled 'sheeple' or god forbid say you support vaccine mandates, that gets you an instant affiliation to the Nazi Party.

Labelling goes both ways, just a product of the divisive society we live in.

Maybe those who follow the science should now put in a 'im not a sheep' disclaimer to prevent an instant attack from those with opposing views or to avoid being labeled with whatever is the most popular derogatory label at the time.

It's quite sad that people who do question the science in it all must state that they're vaccinated not to get attacked or be swiped off as anti vax looneys

But thats not a one way street is it?

How many times have those that state they follow the science are then labelled 'sheeple' or god forbid say you support vaccine mandates, that gets you an instant affiliation to the Nazi Party.

Labelling goes both ways, just a product of the divisive society we live in.

Maybe those who follow the science should now put in a 'im not a sheep' disclaimer to prevent an instant attack from those with opposing views or to avoid being labeled with whatever is the most popular derogatory label at the time."

Or anyone who wants to resit an important lesson for life please sing along. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

It's quite sad that people who do question the science in it all must state that they're vaccinated not to get attacked or be swiped off as anti vax looneys "

Spot on. It's not as if "following the science" is even meaningful. Much of the science is conflicting, unclear and l prefixed with vagaries such as, estimated, we think, it seems, likely...at the very least what is true for one variant can not be assumed to be true for another variant until proven so. But as you say above....if you question anything youre labelled a fool. That's very sad. It's also very unhealthy. Imagine where we would be if none of our scientists questioned or challenged things?

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

"My brother didnt get jabbed and got covid and it was a piece of piss for him. Back on the ale after a week. Seems to affect everyone differently"

Has he ever been off the ale with a common cold?

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

"Nan and grandad 87 and 90 both vaccinated both had covid just now nan is in hospital but not in any immediate danger grandad didn't even have any symptoms and is now testing negative after 6 days. Explain that"

The vaccine isn't and was never expected to be 100%...Your Nan was in the small percentage that the vaccine would make no difference...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

That doesn't mean everyone who you and they class as "fit and healthy" won't get it. It just means people will think they are immune from it if they deem themselves "fit and healthy" which isn't true at allI don't think anyone is suggesting being fit and healthy will stop you getting it. The chances of a better outcome increases dramatically though.

Also, if the entire thing was about protecting the NHS, the focus on health should have been at the forefront from the beginning. Not as a replacement for vaccines or other treatments but less obesity would take a massive strain off the health services."

Ah the obesity go to comment. This is what I thought the OP comment that I quoted meant but wasn't coming straight out with it, people seem to think you won't get it bad if you are slim. It isn't the case. It seems a random illness that affects people different ways

For the health service strain, smoking, drinking, the thing we can't mention on the forum, self inflicted injuries can potentially all put a strain on the NHS but obesity seems to be the only one people mention.

Although on the other side of the coin not everyone who is obese, smokers, play sports etc will bother their Doctors much, take me for instance, I was obese until I lost five stone and have only bothered the Hospital once since I had my youngest 38 years ago, the reason for being there had nothing to do with being obese though.

Belfast

That doesn't mean everyone who you and they class as "fit and healthy" won't get it. It just means people will think they are immune from it if they deem themselves "fit and healthy" which isn't true at allI don't think anyone is suggesting being fit and healthy will stop you getting it. The chances of a better outcome increases dramatically though.

Also, if the entire thing was about protecting the NHS, the focus on health should have been at the forefront from the beginning. Not as a replacement for vaccines or other treatments but less obesity would take a massive strain off the health services."

Funny how nobody ever mentions healthy diet and lifestyle as if its not a factor in anyones health.

I listen to radios in different countries and only heard Russians tell people to eat healthy and take zinc to help their immune system (Russia has its own vaccine which is rolled out and heavily promoted too,but that's not the point I'm making).

Obesity in this country seems to be actively ignored which is really strange if you think of it as how can you protect nhs if you ignore people eating themselves into health problems.

Tin town

Also, if the entire thing was about protecting the NHS, the focus on health should have been at the forefront from the beginning. Not as a replacement for vaccines or other treatments but less obesity would take a massive strain off the health services.

Funny how nobody ever mentions healthy diet and lifestyle as if its not a factor in anyones health.

I listen to radios in different countries and only heard Russians tell people to eat healthy and take zinc to help their immune system (Russia has its own vaccine which is rolled out and heavily promoted too,but that's not the point I'm making).

Obesity in this country seems to be actively ignored which is really strange if you think of it as how can you protect nhs if you ignore people eating themselves into health problems. "

Shhh you can't mention that. Taking some responsibility is a stretch too far.

Teesside

Ah the obesity go to comment. This is what I thought the OP comment that I quoted meant but wasn't coming straight out with it, people seem to think you won't get it bad if you are slim. It isn't the case. It seems a random illness that affects people different ways

For the health service strain, smoking, drinking, the thing we can't mention on the forum, self inflicted injuries can potentially all put a strain on the NHS but obesity seems to be the only one people mention.

Although on the other side of the coin not everyone who is obese, smokers, play sports etc will bother their Doctors much, take me for instance, I was obese until I lost five stone and have only bothered the Hospital once since I had my youngest 38 years ago, the reason for being there had nothing to do with being obese though. "

Good for you, losing the weight likely extended your lifespan. I haven't saw my doctor in 20 years. I've been switched to a different doctor twice due to retirements and never saw either replacement

I'm in no way saying obesity is the only factor in play when it comes to your health. It's undisputable though, that with obesity comes eventual health problems. It's also one of the leading stats that indicate a poor outcome from covid. Obesity and age play a massive role. Can't wind back the clock but people can get some exercise.

This pandemic could have been a wake up call for so many people regarding their overall health and lifestyle choices. The fear that people have would have been a great motivator. I fully believe if overall health had been the message from the offset, alongside the excellent vaccine rollout, we could have saved more lives.

Instead it was "Here have some cheap McDonald's and take this jab. All will be fine."

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

I know people who are triple jabbed and got very sick and know some who had no symptoms, I also know people who are unvaccinated yet had no symptoms when positive?

Go figure?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I fully believe if overall health had been the message from the offset, alongside the excellent vaccine rollout, we could have saved more lives.

Instead it was "Here have some cheap McDonald's and take this jab. All will be fine." "

Hardly, even the PM mentioned he was losing weight after his stint in Hospital which was at the very start of the pandemic . He didn't know for sure that it might help as it was the aged that were dying at that time because they were sent back to care homes so they had no data of what factors were causing more deaths

BTW you can add smokers to the factors ,I am sure there will be others too, but weight is the only one that ever gets mentioned as if being slimmer will be the cure to everything and being bigger you are a burden

Teesside

"I fully believe if overall health had been the message from the offset, alongside the excellent vaccine rollout, we could have saved more lives.

Instead it was "Here have some cheap McDonald's and take this jab. All will be fine."

Hardly, even the PM mentioned he was losing weight after his stint in Hospital which was at the very start of the pandemic . He didn't know for sure that it might help as it was the aged that were dying at that time because they were sent back to care homes so they had no data of what factors were causing more deaths

BTW you can add smokers to the factors ,I am sure there will be others too, but weight is the only one that ever gets mentioned as if being slimmer will be the cure to everything and being bigger you are a burden

"

So Boris in all his wisdom is losing weight due to the pandemic yet his idea to help the economy is cut price junk food to help out the economy. Says all that needs to be said for his attitude throughout.

No one is suggesting being slim is the answer. You can be slim and terribly unhealthy. Being fat isn't healthy though, as much as people like to make others feel better. Its no secret that medically that is the case. People can sugar-coat it all they want but your risk increases for lots of things as your body fat increases.

Also, of course smoking is a factor but it also brings the government a fuckton of tax so it'll never be the target of any serious campaign for health. Add alcohol to that list too.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yeah don't get me started on the double standards and inconsistencies that are going on at the moment. I was just answering your point about nothing being said about weight from the Gov, he did push it for a while

I am not trying to make people feel better by defending people who may have an issue with weight. I am defending the fact that it always seems to be just those who get targeted for being a drain on the NHS when in fact not all bigger people use the NHS a lot and it is not only obese people who end up in Hospital.

Tin town

"Yeah don't get me started on the double standards and inconsistencies that are going on at the moment. I was just answering your point about nothing being said about weight from the Gov, he did push it for a while

I am not trying to make people feel better by defending people who may have an issue with weight. I am defending the fact that it always seems to be just those who get targeted for being a drain on the NHS when in fact not all bigger people use the NHS a lot and it is not only obese people who end up in Hospital. "

True but if you look at the icnarc report you can see what a significant factor age and bmi are on admissions to critical care.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The WHO says smoking is a big factor too but it doesn't seem to get mentioned much.

The meaning of my post which I am probably not being clear on is...I get there will be certain factors that will not help with Covid and to be fair lots of other medical issues and that includes being obese, I am not disputing that. The majority of people will always go to the obese reason rather than cite all of them though and say things like if you keep yourself fit you will be fine and won't end up using the NHS or get a bad outcome with their health. This isn't true

» Add a new message to this topic