FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The summary of the covid protest day.

The summary of the covid protest day.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Continue here, you can also copy and paste the replies from the other thread if you want and paste it here, how did you think it went? I watched the round up on rt news of the protest and other media and its been a big turnout and in sweden too. watched one of the protests from a place in stockholm called sergels torg.

What do you think about the nhs vaccine mandates? I hope that the workers somehow get some justice over it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I agree with the poster from the other thread:
"The little bit I don't understand this if it's so important that all frontline NHS staff are jabbed, why have they got until the 1st of April, when the winter wave will be finished. It seems to me, like we have used them to get through the winter, when hospitals are traditionally very busy and then don't need them as much in April, so they are more disposable then if they leave because of the mandate, as we will have had them through the winter when we most needed them."

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

I'm a Respiratory Nurse, I've seen the effect of unvaccinated people on ventilators on COVIV wards.... it's not a pleasant site. And yes, I've seen vaccinated people too, but a far smaller proportion. We (The NHS) can't afford to lose 70k of staff (the vast majority of whom would be backroom) Just get the jab is my message. I won't be responding to any replies to this post, life is too short to argue.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Personally, I think Doctors and Nurses should follow the advice of their professional bodies, the BMA and RCN respectively. But if they elect not to, they should not come into contact with patients. The NHS has a legal and moral 'duty of care' to it's patients.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Pasted from different thread...

I am against compulsory/mandatory vaccine for this illness based on what we currently know.

If Covid had a mortality rate akin to something like Ebola then that would change things for me (no I am not for one moment belittling the terrible loss of life but that whole discussion is now well discussed and would require caveat ad infinitum)

If the vaccines stopped transmission (or had 90% + prevention of transmission) then that would change things for me.

If there was irrefutable evidence that the vaccines would prevent long covid if someone gets infected, then that would also make me consider my position (though not as much as the other two).

For the NHS the key is test test test to reduce the chance of a vaccinated person with little/no symptoms being on the ward/in work.

And to add, no the testing is not totally accurate (a real shame) but it is better than nothing and one key risk mitigation tool in the armoury.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Personally, I think Doctors and Nurses should follow the advice of their professional bodies, the BMA and RCN respectively. But if they elect not to, they should not come into contact with patients. The NHS has a legal and moral 'duty of care' to it's patients."

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Really this needs a second thread?

"Really this needs a second thread? "

No

"Really this needs a second thread? "

Shag does like to spread his message as much as he can bless him which of course is entirely his choice.

T

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Many nhs staff and those in other professions are required to have specific vaccinations.

I dont see the requirement for adding Covid to the list as a problem.

However, I am not comfortable with them losing their jobs as a result. Those refusing be vaccinated should be moved to roles where they are not in contact with vulnerable people.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

The requirement will be dropped I think and I agree with this

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Not sure if people are aware that there is a section, of the Health and Safety at Work act that can be used in the instance.

Section 2 of HSWA places a general duty on employers to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees. ... making sure the working environment is safe, without risks to health and providing adequate facilities and arrangements for welfare at work.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Pasted from different thread...

I am against compulsory/mandatory vaccine for this illness based on what we currently know.

If Covid had a mortality rate akin to something like Ebola then that would change things for me (no I am not for one moment belittling the terrible loss of life but that whole discussion is now well discussed and would require caveat ad infinitum)

If the vaccines stopped transmission (or had 90% + prevention of transmission) then that would change things for me.

If there was irrefutable evidence that the vaccines would prevent long covid if someone gets infected, then that would also make me consider my position (though not as much as the other two).

For the NHS the key is test test test to reduce the chance of a vaccinated person with little/no symptoms being on the ward/in work.

And to add, no the testing is not totally accurate (a real shame) but it is better than nothing and one key risk mitigation tool in the armoury."

So you want a perfect vaccine but are happy with tests that aren't?

A vaccine that has clearly prevented tens of thousands of deaths and hospitalisations is one massive tool in the armoury.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Do the NHS staff expect the public to be vaccinated, which will take the pressure off them?

"Pasted from different thread...

And to add, no the testing is not totally accurate (a real shame) but it is better than nothing and one key risk mitigation tool in the armoury.

So you want a perfect vaccine but are happy with tests that aren't?

A vaccine that has clearly prevented tens of thousands of deaths and hospitalisations is one massive tool in the armoury. "

A vaccine that prevents COVID-19 instead of protecting against COVID-19 would be useful.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

"Not sure if people are aware that there is a section, of the Health and Safety at Work act that can be used in the instance.

Section 2 of HSWA places a general duty on employers to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees. ... making sure the working environment is safe, without risks to health and providing adequate facilities and arrangements for welfare at work."

That doesn’t apply to vaccines

» Add a new message to this topic