FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Sánchez suggested, to treat omicron as a common cold virus.

Sánchez suggested, to treat omicron as a common cold virus.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

His suggestion comes after spain wants to change the way it monitors the pandemic in order to return to normal life by no longer seeing it as a pandemic, but as an endemic illness such as an ordinary cold virus, who else agrees with that? I do as it is time to return more or less to business as usual, the article is on euronews site

else agress with him? He said it last month and I also think that it is time to move on as it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Now that the vaccine has been such a success it's time to move on.

It's up to the scientists not the politicians to decide when that is.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/02/22 10:30:38]

Here is the link: https://www.euronews.com/2022/01/18/spain-to-move-from-treating-covid-19-as-a-pandemic-to-an-endemic.

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Covid is in the same family as cold / flu so why wouldn't it be treated the same, normal flu killed more people than covid last year as it does every year hence the flu jabs.

Like the flu it's something we are going to have to live with, when worse cold viruses hit us covid will be de-ranked like flu and something else will take its place as the one to watch out for.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

"Covid is in the same family as cold / flu so why wouldn't it be treated the same, normal flu killed more people than covid last year as it does every year hence the flu jabs.

"

Not really. https://www.britannica.com/story/what-is-the-difference-between-influenza-and-covid-19

“ Influenza viruses belong to a virus family known as Orthomyxoviridae. COVID-19 is caused by a coronavirus named SARS-CoV-2, which is classified in the family Coronaviridae. ”

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Covid is in the same family as cold / flu so why wouldn't it be treated the same, normal flu killed more people than covid last year as it does every year hence the flu jabs.

Like the flu it's something we are going to have to live with, when worse cold viruses hit us covid will be de-ranked like flu and something else will take its place as the one to watch out for."

A few errors there -

Covid is a virus, as the common cold viruses and flu viruses are. But it's not in the same 'family' as flu, unless you'd class humans and fleas as in the same family.

Flu did not kill more people than Covid last year

Not really. https://www.britannica.com/story/what-is-the-difference-between-influenza-and-covid-19

“ Influenza viruses belong to a virus family known as Orthomyxoviridae. COVID-19 is caused by a coronavirus named SARS-CoV-2, which is classified in the family Coronaviridae. ”"

Covid19 is not the first corona virus is possibly the point being made. Hence we have been living with similar virus’s from the same family for a good while without need for panic.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

“ Influenza viruses belong to a virus family known as Orthomyxoviridae. COVID-19 is caused by a coronavirus named SARS-CoV-2, which is classified in the family Coronaviridae. ”

Covid19 is not the first corona virus is possibly the point being made. Hence we have been living with similar virus’s from the same family for a good while without need for panic. "

shhhhh your not allowed to say that no one should speak against the cult of covid

The internet says it’s real therefore it’s real

The only pandemic in this world is FEAR

Do you believe the science or the corrupt scientists who invent anything to keep their grants coming from WHO/FDA etc.

all around

Ha ha ha some can't get over it's over lol

"Decided to refuse hospital treatment for an issue that can’t be resolved without surgery, due to not seeing any sense in having to take a test for something I’m not presenting with. What will be will be.

"

Most surgeons are reluctant to perform a second hemispherectomy.

all around

"Decided to refuse hospital treatment for an issue that can’t be resolved without surgery, due to not seeing any sense in having to take a test for something I’m not presenting with. What will be will be.

Most surgeons are reluctant to perform a second hemispherectomy. "

Unfortunately it seems to happen

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

A certain rich American family invested in covid technology in 1995 when it was patented in the States and amazingly that same family made a fortune in making the vacations to make us better...call it coincidence but a definite money maker for somebody.

We need to get on with our lives now and put this all behind us while still being careful, the government used covid as a control thing which people accepted at first until it done more damage than the actual covid virus to the economy.

With 160,000 NHS workers being liberated from the same harsh rules that put 50,000 care workers out of work without compensation people have realised things are not as they seem, people are not prepared to be told by the governments "do as we say not as we do mentality" and they have now lost any credibility they ever had.

Vacations and a natural herd immunity will make covid no more dangerous than many other viruses but the economy will take a lot longer to repair.

When reading the article I thought that it was quite brave of lazarus to speak out what he thought about what it is about.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Like the flu it's something we are going to have to live with, when worse cold viruses hit us covid will be de-ranked like flu and something else will take its place as the one to watch out for."

I'll give you 4/10 on that one. Biology lesson, Monday 1pm in Class 4 for revision, with Miss Smiff

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"

A certain rich American family invested in covid technology in 1995 when it was patented in the States and amazingly that same family made a fortune in making the vacations to make us better...call it coincidence but a definite money maker for somebody.

We need to get on with our lives now and put this all behind us while still being careful, the government used covid as a control thing which people accepted at first until it done more damage than the actual covid virus to the economy.

With 160,000 NHS workers being liberated from the same harsh rules that put 50,000 care workers out of work without compensation people have realised things are not as they seem, people are not prepared to be told by the governments "do as we say not as we do mentality" and they have now lost any credibility they ever had.

Vacations and a natural herd immunity will make covid no more dangerous than many other viruses but the economy will take a lot longer to repair."

Not sure I wanted to comment..

Think I know the family you are referring. However, the conspiracy worries me.

Nearly every mass human killing respirotory virus over millions of years have been a Coronavirus. I'm not a gambling person, but if needed to have a bet, I'd be almost certain the next biggie would be... wait for it.... a

CORONAVIRUS.. that's where I'd stick my money. Well done that man in 1995, it paid dividends.

If Omicron hadn't come, swept through so quickly it knocked Delta of its pedestal, then it could be still Delta or a variation which could have been as lethal - and both the NHS and Care Workers would have had no choice.

We dodged a bullet, but still many got very ill, and policy at the time WAS CORRECT.

As for long term, unless you get a mutation that comes and screws it up completely. It tends to get less pathogenic, but there's no guarantees.

By *eliusMan  over a year ago

Henlow

“ Covid is in the same family as cold…” congratulations on passing your Facebook medical degree …

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Common cold is mostly caused by rhinovirus so not the same at all, there are some coronaviruses responsible as well.

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"

Vacations and a natural herd immunity will make covid no more dangerous than many other viruses but the economy will take a lot longer to repair.

Not sure I wanted to comment..

Think I know the family you are referring. However, the conspiracy worries me.

Nearly every mass human killing respirotory virus over millions of years have been a Coronavirus. I'm not a gambling person, but if needed to have a bet, I'd be almost certain the next biggie would be... wait for it.... a

CORONAVIRUS.. that's where I'd stick my money. Well done that man in 1995, it paid dividends.

If Omicron hadn't come, swept through so quickly it knocked Delta of its pedestal, then it could be still Delta or a variation which could have been as lethal - and both the NHS and Care Workers would have had no choice.

We dodged a bullet, but still many got very ill, and policy at the time WAS CORRECT.

As for long term, unless you get a mutation that comes and screws it up completely. It tends to get less pathogenic, but there's no guarantees."

Science in the past suggested mutations generally become less dangerous, what’s changed?!

Hahahaha

Most surgeons are reluctant to perform a second hemispherectomy. "

brill

» Add a new message to this topic