FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Effect on periods

Effect on periods

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

First of all if you’re queasy about menstrual discussions you might want to avoid this thread!

So, I just wanted to find out if any others have experienced excessive bleeding from Covid.

So I caught Covid last week from my son and tested positive Monday of this week. I’m now negative but for the past 7-10 days my periods have gone haywire. Super heavy bleeding, going though 5 or 6 tampax a day! With some small clots, just wondered if any other women experienced this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"First of all if you’re queasy about menstrual discussions you might want to avoid this thread!

So, I just wanted to find out if any others have experienced excessive bleeding from Covid.

So I caught Covid last week from my son and tested positive Monday of this week. I’m now negative but for the past 7-10 days my periods have gone haywire. Super heavy bleeding, going though 5 or 6 tampax a day! With some small clots, just wondered if any other women experienced this?"

After my 3rd shot my periods went haywire! I had a period every 9 weeks for a while, then it went back to normal. Other friends of mine had similar problems. I did not experience heavier bleeding though.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"First of all if you’re queasy about menstrual discussions you might want to avoid this thread!

So I caught Covid last week from my son and tested positive Monday of this week. I’m now negative but for the past 7-10 days my periods have gone haywire. Super heavy bleeding, going though 5 or 6 tampax a day! With some small clots, just wondered if any other women experienced this?"

The virus that causes COVID affects blood clotting and the cardiovascular system, and it's known to temporarily impact the menstrual cycle. Keep a log of cycles for a couple of months and if you're worried, you have the info to share with your doctor.

By *_T_WWoman  over a year ago

Stockport/ Leeds

Yes , having covid and the vaccines effected my cycles . They went back to normal and then I got it again for the second time . For me it’s caused them to come earlier and be heavier .

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I was peri menapausal and started having periods again a week after the first jab. Could be coincidental.

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

I have the depo injection so don't normally have periods but since having my 3rd covid jab my periods have been haywire longest lasting over 2 weeks

By *hisStagsVixenCouple  over a year ago

peterborough

My first two shots were Astra Zeneca and my periods went From being like clockwork to randomly getting two a month third was Pfizer and didn’t seem to effect (as in they had just returned to normal and haven’t changed since) and just had my 4th vaccine last Thursday (also Pfizer) and hoping it doesn’t interfere as I’ve planned my next meet already around my normal cycle hahaha!

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

After every vaccination my periods came every two weeks,then settled down again.

Now back to my regular cycle ,but there was definitely a connection

By *ndiscloseddesiresWoman  over a year ago

Wokingham

I have a Mirena so rarely get my period

I was hospitalised with my first case of covid for 12 days and had a hugely heavy period the whole time I was in hospital. (Dec 2020)

Then it disappeared for most of last year

Ironically I have just come up positive again today.

By *nigmatic x DivinityCouple  over a year ago

Up town top ranking

[Removed by poster at 22/03/22 05:02:31]

By *nigmatic x DivinityCouple  over a year ago

Up town top ranking

I have the Mirena coil in, I never had periods but since covid and jabs I have irregular spotting every other week or month

By *itsmaghooWoman  over a year ago

Inverness

I never wanted the vaccination but had to take it for going abroad, from the 1st week of the 2nd injection I did not stop bleeding.... I wouldn't even class it as that I'd say more a shark attack in my vagina!! That was August if I don't take 3 tablets aday the contraception injection also I don't need I'm a lesbian, I'm still pouring blood and I'd say more like chunks of liver comming out. My period hav been like clockwork for over 20yrs for 3days and since the injection all this. Very worrying for the young folks

By *oseidonsadventureCouple  over a year ago

london

There’s been lots of cases reported of both covid and the vaccines affecting periods. Cycles are massively effected by stress and covid has a weirdly strong neurological affect hence changes in taste and smell. I think with the vaccines sone of it is thought to be with how they are ‘new’ style vaccines (I work with vaccines so know a little bit you could say)

I had issues after my second booster didn’t have a period for two and a half months then things seemed to of settled.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Same im peri menapausal and started havin mega clots and bleeding again

My partner has had this due to tha vaccination

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Natural immune response to shut down fertility while fighting an intruder.

Happens with flu, colds and many other ailments and should not have been stated as a symptoms of COVID or its Vaccine.

It's nature and normal..

I've been completely 'normal' in regards to periods all my life, after my 1st astra shot last year they changed. They last 3 weeks n crazy amounts were being lost, and the doctor found fibroids but I think it was the jab.

To be quite honest I have covid at present and I have found it doesn't affect my periods at all

By *urga2076Woman  over a year ago

London

Check out the Yellow card website where people report their symptoms after vaccine. Thousands of cases of heavy or irregular bleeding.

There’s also an American doctor collecting this info for a study. A quick google should find both

» Add a new message to this topic