Seems everyone has the flu again this year and no covid. Makes you wonder

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 07/11/22 21:08:37]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I wouldnt say everyone. I dont have the flu and havent ever had it.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

We don't have any residents with the flu. Or staff.. have had 8 staff off with covid though.. had one dose of pneumonia with residents.

Thing is last year people were washing or sanitising hands..keeping distance.. mask wearing and not going out if they had covid symptoms ( which included most common cold or flu symptoms too) so not much chance to spread.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Nope, no one we know had the flu…. So what are you thinking OP?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/11/22 21:27:47]

"Seems everyone has the flu again this year and no covid. Makes you wonder "

Makes you wonder what?

Winter of 2020/21 when face masks and distancing were habitual, and there was much online 'debate' telling us that masks wearing was totally ineffective against airborn infections, and even that surgeons don't need to wear them when doing operations...

Yeah that winter when nobody caught a cold.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Don't have nor no anyone who does not seeing anyone coughing and spluttering when out

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

With friends in the nhs, and me occasionally doing bank shifts with then, I can tell you covid hasn't gone away. Its still a thing. Same as flu is still a thing

Is this thread gonna become conspiracy theory time again?

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I am working in a hospital and currently have 4 patients on the ward with covid.

This time last week we had none.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

An unusual post OP, without sharing what you were wondering?

As is patently obvious, when measures that will reduce infection of multiple diseases are active, you will get some reductions in all of them. And, when the restrictions stop, you'll get potential increases of them too.

Flu is primarily a seasonal infection, in winter. Reduced infections in recent years means that there's less immunity around this year. You can change that, by getting the flu vaccine

I don't know anyone who's had flu this season. There are other infections that some confuse with having fl. Covid is still around of course.

It's winter and winter brings people indoors and closer for longer periods, allowing infections to be spread very easily.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Yes you're right, it makes me wonder if we should be wearing face coverings every winter as they reduced flu the last two years and vaccines have reduced COVID significantly.

Thanks for highlighting

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/11/22 23:43:28]

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

ll I'm saying is friends, family, work colleagues etc all having the flu lately and no word of Covid like last year. Makes me wonder are people just done with or sick of or trying to move on from it and not test and just say they have the flu lol.

Getting aggressive and dumb private message replies like "Why do you use the name thor? Surely thor was big strong and had a good weapon...not a needle."

Really? Is there a need??

Virus has you gassed up

Don't know of anyone having flu, a few colds but not flu.

Know of loads of people having covid recently.

That's my totally unscientific findings at present

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I haven't had flu but was laid up with covid a few weeks ago and still not right...hopefully the after effects won't last too long.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Is this thread gonna become conspiracy theory time again?"

Yes

So... naming no names, but some1 messaged me pushing a conspiracy theory about Covid. When a quick google showed the author was a conspiracy theorist, I pointed this out. The reply I got was:

Well they would say that, anyone who's putting out the truth will be silenced

sigh

This is why conspiracy theories are so dangerous when they impact public health. They spread so easily. And it seems nothing convinces believers their views may be wrong.

Reading

"Is this thread gonna become conspiracy theory time again?

Yes "

Like almost every thread on this topic these days.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Is this thread gonna become conspiracy theory time again?

Yes

Like almost every thread on this topic these days. "

Pretty much the only reason to dip into this sub-forum at the moment is to check what the cranks believe this week and and pre-emptively block them.

Still can’t believe we bankrupted the country for the sniffles!

I appreciate that some people had a hard time and many died.

But look at the under 50s numbers!? And look at the current back log of missed surgeries, appointments and the huge volume of undiagnosed treatable illness that is now terminal, all thanks to lockdown!

Insanity!

"Still can’t believe we bankrupted the country for the sniffles!

But look at the under 50s numbers!? And look at the current back log of missed surgeries, appointments and the huge volume of undiagnosed treatable illness that is now terminal, all thanks to lockdown!

Insanity! "

It wasn't the sniffles. Your ignorance is shocking, I'm afraid.

Insanity!

It wasn't the sniffles. Your ignorance is shocking, I'm afraid."

It was the sniffles for me, and everyone I know. That’s my experience. It’s not ignorant to explain ones own experiences, especially when the data confirms that the virus was comparable to many other widely transmitted illnesses, which we do not lock down for.

But I do concede like I originally suggested, it’s very sad and unfortunate that old and sick people died of the virus.

However it’s clear the measures are having ;predicted) but unintended consequences resulting in way more deaths than the measures saved!

Surely it’s ignorant to ignore that perspective...?

Or maybe it’s just all down to the tories?! Who knows! Just don’t label people, it’s boring!

Insanity!

It was the sniffles for me, and everyone I know. That’s my experience. It’s not ignorant to explain ones own experiences, especially when the data confirms that the virus was comparable to many other widely transmitted illnesses, which we do not lock down for.

But I do concede like I originally suggested, it’s very sad and unfortunate that old and sick people died of the virus.

However it’s clear the measures are having ;predicted) but unintended consequences resulting in way more deaths than the measures saved!

Or maybe it’s just all down to the tories?! Who knows! Just don’t label people, it’s boring! "

Trying to downplay Covid as the sniffles simply is shocking ignorance. It really is.

all around

Insanity!

Or maybe it’s just all down to the tories?! Who knows! Just don’t label people, it’s boring! "

Isn't hindsight a beautiful gift, what a shame it has to be abused

"We don't have any residents with the flu. Or staff.. have had 8 staff off with covid though.. had one dose of pneumonia with residents.

Thing is last year people were washing or sanitising hands..keeping distance.. mask wearing and not going out if they had covid symptoms ( which included most common cold or flu symptoms too) so not much chance to spread."

How are they coping?

Insanity!

Or maybe it’s just all down to the tories?! Who knows! Just don’t label people, it’s boring!

Trying to downplay Covid as the sniffles simply is shocking ignorance. It really is."

Tbf I’m not down playing it. The action taken - locking down everyone regardless of actual statistical risk has been catastrophic for tens of millions of people, ruined 100,000 of businesses, shackled generations with debt, impacted on the education of millions of children, and is NOW going to result in more deaths than it saved! Not hindsite either! It was obvious from that start which I readily explained to everyone who would listen!!!

Manchester (she/her)

Insanity!

Trying to downplay Covid as the sniffles simply is shocking ignorance. It really is.

Tbf I’m not down playing it. The action taken - locking down everyone regardless of actual statistical risk has been catastrophic for tens of millions of people, ruined 100,000 of businesses, shackled generations with debt, impacted on the education of millions of children, and is NOW going to result in more deaths than it saved! Not hindsite either! It was obvious from that start which I readily explained to everyone who would listen!!!

"

Siri, ask me how this is going in five years

Insanity!

Siri, ask me how this is going in five years "

Siri,ask her to comment with something more original,I've heard this half a dozen times now,and it was just as dull then...

Insanity!

"

Exclamation marks don't make you right. Just so you know.

If we hadn't locked down, the Covid death toll would have been far higher. Arguably much worse, the NHS would likely have collapsed under the pressure. And then you'd have seen a truly awful situation.

Manchester (she/her)

Insanity!

Siri, ask me how this is going in five years

Siri,ask her to comment with something more original,I've heard this half a dozen times now,and it was just as dull then..."

Usually if you don't like a comment, the best thing you can do is ignore it. Hope this helps.

By *uckscpl_bi_femCouple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

"

How dare you question the narrative you must know by now that’s not how it works!

I got slaughtered on here a few days ago for claiming that in 2.5 years I still don’t know anybody who died of it, maybe I should have just manipulated my figures like our great world leaders did.

Insanity!

How dare you question the narrative you must know by now that’s not how it works!

I got slaughtered on here a few days ago for claiming that in 2.5 years I still don’t know anybody who died of it, maybe I should have just manipulated my figures like our great world leaders did."

I don’t understand how an apparent tolerant, open, bunch of swingers can turn any opinion they disagree with into an argument... or make out that you are attacking people or offensive. Sweet Mary!! People need to grow a back bone!

I too, I’m lucky enough that know one I’m my family, extended family, friends, or extended social circle died or got anything more than a bad cold.

I remember when I first got it. I thought, this is it. It’s the end! Those 4 fags I smoked last year when pissed have fucked me, I had a slight dry throat, and lost my taste for about a week.

Second time, I had the sniffles, and slight temperature for about a day.

When I had my second dose of jab: I had a temperature for 5 days, and was pretty sick. I’d say it compared to freshers fly all those years ago.

So I agree with you. Covid did not impact me as much as some. I am sorry for people’s misfortune, but lockdown was a mistake I’m my opinion.

Insanity!

I got slaughtered on here a few days ago for claiming that in 2.5 years I still don’t know anybody who died of it, maybe I should have just manipulated my figures like our great world leaders did."

sigh

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Insanity!

"

So every government in the world reacted wrong?

Insanity!

So every government in the world reacted wrong?"

Hey he's got exclamation marks. He must be right.

Insanity!

You don't know anyone? Non of your colleagues, your neighbours, non of them lost loved ones?

Did I know people who died no. Do I know of people effected by people dying, yes. And I struggle to believe that the latter isn't true for anyone?

Insanity!

So every government in the world reacted wrong?"

Yes!

And to add, I think most governments get A LOT wrong every fucking day!

In fact I consider most governments, and the bureaucracies that guide them utterly useless!

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

I got slaughtered on here a few days ago for claiming that in 2.5 years I still don’t know anybody who died of it, maybe I should have just manipulated my figures like our great world leaders did.

You don't know anyone? Non of your colleagues, your neighbours, non of them lost loved ones?

Did I know people who died no. Do I know of people effected by people dying, yes. And I struggle to believe that the latter isn't true for anyone?"

Nope don’t know anyone who died of it sorry.

A friends nan died in hospital of terminal cancer after testing positive whilst being in for a month.

It was the cancer that finally killed her but of course it was recorded as a covid death.

Insanity!

Did I know people who died no. Do I know of people effected by people dying, yes. And I struggle to believe that the latter isn't true for anyone?

A friends nan died in hospital of terminal cancer after testing positive whilst being in for a month.

It was the cancer that finally killed her but of course it was recorded as a covid death."

Another popular conspiracy theory: that covid figures were falsified. They weren't.

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

Yes!

In fact I consider most governments, and the bureaucracies that guide them utterly useless! "

Makes me laugh that a lot of the regular pro covid crowd in here are the first to slag off Trump, Boris and co.. but are also the ones that follow their laws and restrictions to the letter

Insanity!

Yes!

In fact I consider most governments, and the bureaucracies that guide them utterly useless!

Makes me laugh that a lot of the regular pro covid crowd in here are the first to slag off Trump, Boris and co.. but are also the ones that follow their laws and restrictions to the letter "

If you bother to think for a moment, that should tell you something...

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

It was the cancer that finally killed her but of course it was recorded as a covid death.

Another popular conspiracy theory: that covid figures were falsified. They weren't."

Really are you that dumb to believe that??

So you can test positive without even realising that you are sick then 3 weeks get smeared all over the road after being hit by a bus, but guess what gets put on the death certificate??

Right but the figures weren’t falsified?

Insanity!

Another popular conspiracy theory: that covid figures were falsified. They weren't.

So you can test positive without even realising that you are sick then 3 weeks get smeared all over the road after being hit by a bus, but guess what gets put on the death certificate??

Right but the figures weren’t falsified?"

You're buying into a debunked conspiracy theory. You could read up on it. I know you won't bother...

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

You're buying into a debunked conspiracy theory. You could read up on it. I know you won't bother..."

Ok so please explain to me how my friends Nan who died of terminal cancer had covid put on the death certificate because it sure as hell was not the covid that killed her.

Insanity!

You're buying into a debunked conspiracy theory. You could read up on it. I know you won't bother...

Ok so please explain to me how my friends Nan who died of terminal cancer had covid put on the death certificate because it sure as hell was not the covid that killed her."

Like I said, you could read up on it. Feel free...

Insanity!

Right but the figures weren’t falsified?"

With respect, as someone that scrutinised death certificates throughout covid this simply didn't happen. Though it's possible covid could be mentioned as a contributing cause

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

With respect, as someone that scrutinised death certificates throughout covid this simply didn't happen. Though it's possible covid could be mentioned as a contributing cause"

Happened with my friends Nan

Cancer killed her NOT covid

Insanity!

Ok so please explain to me how my friends Nan who died of terminal cancer had covid put on the death certificate because it sure as hell was not the covid that killed her."

Because if someone has a terminal condition that is not end stage then an infection will often prove fatal and depending on circumstances that becomes the primary cause of death. This happened long before covid often with pneumonia or a UTI being the cause of death.

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

Ok so please explain to me how my friends Nan who died of terminal cancer had covid put on the death certificate because it sure as hell was not the covid that killed her.

Because if someone has a terminal condition that is not end stage then an infection will often prove fatal and depending on circumstances that becomes the primary cause of death. This happened long before covid often with pneumonia or a UTI being the cause of death. "

She died of cancer

Insanity!

Because if someone has a terminal condition that is not end stage then an infection will often prove fatal and depending on circumstances that becomes the primary cause of death. This happened long before covid often with pneumonia or a UTI being the cause of death. "

Token died of Covid related multiple gun shot wounds!

Insanity!

Because if someone has a terminal condition that is not end stage then an infection will often prove fatal and depending on circumstances that becomes the primary cause of death. This happened long before covid often with pneumonia or a UTI being the cause of death.

She died of cancer "

Reread what the last person wrote & think a bit.

Insanity!

With respect, as someone that scrutinised death certificates throughout covid this simply didn't happen. Though it's possible covid could be mentioned as a contributing cause

Happened with my friends Nan

Cancer killed her NOT covid "

Given that I'm guessing you aren't a doctor, pathologist, registrar, crematorium referee or Coroner and I'm again guessing but i doubt you were involved in her medical care, I'm not sure of your qualifications to say that. But given your earlier claim to have known no one who died of covid it does feel like confirmation bias

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

She died of cancer

Reread what the last person wrote & think a bit."

I’m so sorry yes it was covid she died of covid. The chronic cancer she’d been suffering with for 6 months had nothing to do with it.

It was covid she died of covid

Insanity!

She died of cancer

I’m so sorry yes it was covid she died of covid. The chronic cancer she’d been suffering with for 6 months had nothing to do with it.

It was covid she died of covid"

sigh

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

She died of cancer

sigh"

Sigh

Insanity!

She died of cancer

sigh

Sigh "

You don't read or listen. Your choice, but it's rather sad.

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

She died of cancer

sigh

Sigh

You don't read or listen. Your choice, but it's rather sad."

Ha the irony

Insanity!

She died of cancer

It was covid she died of covid"

You know when they talked about people being far more vulnerable to dying of covid with certain comorbidities. This what they meant.

Without the cancer the covid would potentially have not been fatal. Without covid she could have lived another 6 weeks or 6 months or whatever despite a terminal prognosis.

Insanity!

She died of cancer

sigh

Sigh

Ha the irony "

I actually do read + listen. I looked up this conspiracy theory before. I told you you could read up on it. You did not. A chap on here who's an expert in the area told you more about it. You ignored him.

Not much more to say...

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

She died of cancer

sigh

Sigh

Ha the irony

I actually do read + listen. I looked up this conspiracy theory before. I told you you could read up on it. You did not. A chap on here who's an expert in the area told you more about it. You ignored him.

Not much more to say..."

How is putting the wrong cause of death on a death certificate a conspiracy theory?

Insanity!

She died of cancer

sigh

Sigh

Ha the irony

Not much more to say...

How is putting the wrong cause of death on a death certificate a conspiracy theory?"

You're pushing/buying into the conspiracy theory Covid deaths were falsified. It has been pointed out they were not. Including, in more detail, by a chap above.

Milton Keynes

Insanity!

She died of cancer

You know when they talked about people being far more vulnerable to dying of covid with certain comorbidities. This what they meant.

Without the cancer the covid would potentially have not been fatal. Without covid she could have lived another 6 weeks or 6 months or whatever despite a terminal prognosis.

"

Ok so how does that work when covid gets put down as cause of death from a fatal road accident?

Insanity!

She died of cancer

Ok so how does that work when covid gets put down as cause of death from a fatal road accident?"

Just ask the lizard people. Or the flat earthers. I'm sure they know the truth. Why not?

Insanity!

She died of cancer

Ok so how does that work when covid gets put down as cause of death from a fatal road accident?"

I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Given that even if a doctor did sign it off the multiple levels of scrutiny would have stopped the death being registered and any funeral taking place

Covid is lab made

Reading

"Covid is lab made "

Thanks for your input....

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"

Ok so how does that work when covid gets put down as cause of death from a fatal road accident?

I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Given that even if a doctor did sign it off the multiple levels of scrutiny would have stopped the death being registered and any funeral taking place"

Exactly this! My stepdad has covid on his death certificate, he died with covid, it was a contributing factor to his death as he was already in hospital with a massive infection and had recently discovered encephalitis, the stress his body was under already coupled with his body fighting covid caused him to have a massive coronary event and he died from a massive heat attack as his body could not cope fighting both. Had he not caught covid he had stood a pretty good chance of recovery, we were told he was doing well and on the mend and an hour later received the call to say he'd gone. Stop trivialising the death of people's loved ones just because you dont know anyone who suffered badly with or died as a result of it or you just had a sniffle. My stepdad died alone in a hospital bed in a traumatic way and none of us got to say goodbye to tell Jim we loved him that one last time and this will forever affect my mum and nearly destroyed her and in turn me seeing this strong woman crumble in front of my eyes!

Tg

all around

"Covid is lab made "

Did you make it ?

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Insanity!

Hey he's got exclamation marks. He must be right."

You responded to a post with "sigh" get off your high horse

Insanity!

Hey he's got exclamation marks. He must be right.You responded to a post with "sigh" get off your high horse "

sigh

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Insanity!

She died of cancer

I can't figure out how that would happen pretty much impossible as a cause of death even as a contributory factor, death certificates don't work this way . They could be counted on the died within 28 days of testing positive but considering about 1600 people die from road accidents a year this number would be tiny compared to the number of covid deaths overall.

Teesside

Insanity!

Hey he's got exclamation marks. He must be right.You responded to a post with "sigh" get off your high horse

sigh"

yawn

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

that doesn’t sound too good considering the flu by and large is worse than covid.

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

It’s going around alright, it’s just being kept quiet by people who are simply trying to get on with it. Not many people test now as it doesn’t matter.

I’ve got it now, 2nd time too. It’s not nice at all, the full weekend lost to feeling like shit, red hot, aching, bunged up, coughing and some breathing difficulties. Different this time to last time, worse in some ways too.

I know how I’ve picked it up and it’s been a good reminder of just how easily this virus spreads. With Covid controls gone, I recon we’ll see a big rise over the next few weeks as we head indoors and start mixing for Xmas.

No surprise really, we saw it rise in autumn/winter 20/21, then 21/22 so why would this year be any different?

Insanity!

Hey he's got exclamation marks. He must be right.You responded to a post with "sigh" get off your high horse

sighyawn"

derivative lol

Teesside

Insanity!

sighyawn

derivative lol"

That was the goal

Insanity!

sighyawn

derivative lolThat was the goal"

Stop trying to stir up things that are not there.If you are going to make wild statements people need faces and evidence. Not hearsay.

"Stop trying to stir up things that are not there.If you are going to make wild statements people need faces and evidence. Not hearsay. "

I do frequently recommend people read up on vaccines/Covid etc from trusted sources such as the NHS/professional medical institutions.

"Stop trying to stir up things that are not there.If you are going to make wild statements people need faces and evidence. Not hearsay.

I do frequently recommend people read up on vaccines/Covid etc from trusted sources such as the NHS/professional medical institutions."

I usually listen to the medical professionals that come in here

"Stop trying to stir up things that are not there.If you are going to make wild statements people need faces and evidence. Not hearsay.

I do frequently recommend people read up on vaccines/Covid etc from trusted sources such as the NHS/professional medical institutions.

I usually listen to the medical professionals that come in here"

This is why I recommend people read up from expert sources.

» Add a new message to this topic