FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > We went too far with covid restrictions.

We went too far with covid restrictions.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I read an article about it and that is what germanys pro lockdown minister karl lauterbach said, here it is https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/02/10/went-far-covid-restrictions-says-germanys-pro-lockdown-minister/

He talked about some good things they did and how some restrictions that were unnecessary like closing schools, he said that it was a big mistake.

What is your view of it? I agree that they did went too far with some of the restrictions.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Taping off park benches was a bit extreme

"Taping off park benches was a bit extreme"
Yes, it was that too and some play grounds that was taped off as well.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's very easy to see now, with hindsight, that we went too far. I saw people asked by the police to leave their beach huts, where they were sitting, in the open air with nobody within two metres of them. But we didn't know at first exactly what we were dealing with.

In retrospect I would have ignored the lockdown that was imposed on us a couple of days before Christmas

By *anandEmily2465Couple  over a year ago

Bishop Auckland

Convid1984 is the biggest orchestrated hoax in human history. A precursor to the next hoax driven agenda, climate lockdowns.

None of the restrictions were / are nessassary.

With approx 2000 excessive deaths per week now, compared to pre - Convid jab years, where are the daily briefings, restrictions and NHS TikTok videos?

Party in Westminster anyone, while we laugh at the gullible sheeple and see what other silly nonsensical rules they will obey without question?

What a joke.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I read an article about it and that is what germanys pro lockdown minister karl lauterbach said, here it is https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/02/10/went-far-covid-restrictions-says-germanys-pro-lockdown-minister/

He talked about some good things they did and how some restrictions that were unnecessary like closing schools, he said that it was a big mistake.

What is your view of it? I agree that they did went too far with some of the restrictions."

Yep. On reflection. Too far. For too many people. Too badly policed and enforced.

Some of it frankly didn't make any sense at all even at the time. Some of them were probably effective. And some were counter some of purpose they were trying to achieve.

There's no doubt some people needed protecting though

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

Yes. Caused huge mental, economic and social damage. Covid was not as dodgy as first suggested. The worldwide death tolls over two years represented 0.01% of the entire world population.

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

Bideford

"Convid1984 is the biggest orchestrated hoax in human history. A precursor to the next hoax driven agenda, climate lockdowns.

With approx 2000 excessive deaths per week now, compared to pre - Convid jab years, where are the daily briefings, restrictions and NHS TikTok videos?

Party in Westminster anyone, while we laugh at the gullible sheeple and see what other silly nonsensical rules they will obey without question?

What a joke. "

Those who went along with the stupid rules should be ashamed, it was a test to see how obedient people would be. The muzzle wearing types will be bringing the rest of humanity down next time too.

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

I said this from the beginning, we should not have lockdown ever and for as long as we did as it did far more damage the virus itself

We should of closed the borders and cancelled flights from China to minimise the virus in the community and most of the mess that we got ourselves in would of been avoided

Tin town

Also wonder on reflection. As "scientists" were promoted to demigods who could say and do no wrong. If some of the stuff they came up with to "support" the policies will be investigated and improved upon.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

The damage to school children who were aged 14 at the start of the pandemic has been huge.

Those of us working with 16-18 NEETs now and also staff in Camhs and other children's Mental health services are seeing the damage that was done on a daily basis.

Lockdowns and the pandemic was hard on us all but imagine been aged 14 thru to 16 when it all kicked off. Not just in terms of the damage done to your education but more so been r0bbed of probably 2 of the most important formative years of your social development.

So many kids retreated to the bedroom, the internet and gaming as an escape, develop anxiety, depression and never developed the skills a 16 / 17 would be expected to have. Even now in 2023 many have not been able to get back into society and there are projects and programmes ran by the third sector and local authorities up and down this country aimed at trying to help with what may sadly be a forever impacted generation.

KJ

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Florida had the right approach.

Tin town

"

The damage to school children who were aged 14 at the start of the pandemic has been huge.

Those of us working with 16-18 NEETs now and also staff in Camhs and other children's Mental health services are seeing the damage that was done on a daily basis.

Lockdowns and the pandemic was hard on us all but imagine been aged 14 thru to 16 when it all kicked off. Not just in terms of the damage done to your education but more so been r0bbed of probably 2 of the most important formative years of your social development.

So many kids retreated to the bedroom, the internet and gaming as an escape, develop anxiety, depression and never developed the skills a 16 / 17 would be expected to have. Even now in 2023 many have not been able to get back into society and there are projects and programmes ran by the third sector and local authorities up and down this country aimed at trying to help with what may sadly be a forever impacted generation.

KJ"

Agree with that. Add in the uni students.. Paying and getting into debt while being locked in halls and doing... Well fuck all really.

And all the while these youngsters were the least likely to catch it, get ill from it...

Having said that the actual "lockdown" was a lot less than 2 years... And I also suspect the talking it up to two years has crept into their psyche and done equal amounts of harm.

Can't undo it now but was certainly a very damaging time.

Tin town

And fair play to the German chap for having the honesty to come out and say it and start the conversation.

By *eppoMan  over a year ago

London Colney

"Convid1984 is the biggest orchestrated hoax in human history. A precursor to the next hoax driven agenda, climate lockdowns.

What a joke. "

Yep ??

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Completely understandable panic measures by governments all over the world, the first pandemic during our lifetime, and possibly not the last.

There is every chance that at sometime in the future a virus will happen along that will wipe out most of the planet, there was no way for anyone to know when Covid came along that this wasn't going to be that virus.

Really

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

What a joke.

Those who went along with the stupid rules should be ashamed, it was a test to see how obedient people would be. The muzzle wearing types will be bringing the rest of humanity down next time too."

I was never bothered by people who wanted to stay home to feel safe. Live and let live

But my issue was with the little fascists. The ones who supported restrictions on the unvaccinated. Who pushed for passports. Who applauded the NHS one week, then cackled with glee when unvaccinated staff were fired. Scum, the lot of them

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Yes for sure! Thought so from the word go! X

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"

KJ

Agree with that. Add in the uni students.. Paying and getting into debt while being locked in halls and doing... Well fuck all really.

And all the while these youngsters were the least likely to catch it, get ill from it...

Having said that the actual "lockdown" was a lot less than 2 years... And I also suspect the talking it up to two years has crept into their psyche and done equal amounts of harm.

Can't undo it now but was certainly a very damaging time. "

Students are some of least likely to get ill but definitely not least likely to catch covid. The problem wasn't directly with young people catching it but pretty much every term time there is a spike in infections in students and school children which in itself isn't a massive problem. But they then go on to infect older people as the infection trickles down the generations. Which gets a bigger problem especially when it hits 70+

"Yes. Caused huge mental, economic and social damage. Covid was not as dodgy as first suggested. The worldwide death tolls over two years represented 0.01% of the entire world population."
Yes, the economic damage of the restrictions was huge to businesses and still are to them.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"

KJ

Can't undo it now but was certainly a very damaging time.

Students are some of least likely to get ill but definitely not least likely to catch covid. The problem wasn't directly with young people catching it but pretty much every term time there is a spike in infections in students and school children which in itself isn't a massive problem. But they then go on to infect older people as the infection trickles down the generations. Which gets a bigger problem especially when it hits 70+ "

What your saying is absolutely correct but s counter argument would have been to lockdown all vulnerable over 70+ (who were happy to) and then allowed the children's lives to carry on.

I definitely think in a future pandemic the groups at risk would lockdown for protection as opposed to locking all of society down causing widespread economic damage and damaging the social development and education of the young.

I think it's will take 10 years before the true costs are fully understood and accounted for.

KJ

"And fair play to the German chap for having the honesty to come out and say it and start the conversation. "
Yes. I think the same, that at least he is honest about it

By *unonmyface69Couple  over a year ago

city

Sweden got it right

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

"Sweden got it right"

Compared to who?

Sweden has over double the land mass of Britain, with a population little more than that of London.

Impossible to compare as all countries have different land mass and spread of population.

By *unonmyface69Couple  over a year ago

city

That is true but they have a higher level of urban citizens than UK so it is more similar than people think. The rate of death is similar. One locked down and one didn’t. I think they made the right decision in Sweden in the end.

What's even more sickening, it's the fact that the upgradeand increase in spectrum frequency radiation is what has actually caused people to get I'll, a virus is simply poisoned cells trying to get rid of toxins, the Corona virus hoax was to simply fool everyone into believing a bat virus had entered the human race, absolute twaddle the illness is caused by microwave and millimetre wave radiation.

What a joke. "

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Absolutely this, it wasnt serious enough for the people in the know, so doesnt that answer the question.

What a joke.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

As I've been saying to some who can't post here, there are three questions in my mind

Was COVID dangerous (and tonñ whom)

Did the vaccines reduce the risk

And were out policies right?

You can believe that covid was damanginag and the vaccines helped, while also believing our lockdown approach was wrong.

It's also important to not conflate data science with modelling with policies.

Imo, we should have locked down earlier given we we fully unprepared. We were faced with.an exponentially going issue. Time is of the essence.

However we should have had reviewed the approach quicker and in light of evidence. I'd have favoured a bubble approach to allow social connections for instance.

Modelling should have informed policies not led policies. Imo that comes from having a weak government who couldn't take ownership.

But we need to make sure we don't use hindsight to completely pull apart decisions made at the time.

What a joke. "

My ex died with covid related complications aged 52 leaving a son aged 18 and a daughter aged 15 without a mum. I’m not sure telling them covid was a joke would be appreciated if I’m honest.

By *uckscpl_bi_femCouple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I believe it was a test to see how compliant the general public would be for things they have planned for us in the near future.

I always wondered how the nazis got to control so many people back in the thirties and thought that would never happen these days?

How wrong I was, the propaganda was unreal and the majority of the public fell for it.

I smelt rat after a few weeks of things not making any sense and the cancelling and shutting down of people and publications etc not complying to the agenda just confirmed my suspicions.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I think a few things made no sense.. like the stopping people sitting outside on benches

However I would have happily seen stricter but quicker and shorter restrictions put in place. As the ones we had were very wishy washy.

To be fair we weren't very locked down compared to most other places and locking down travel would have helped much more.

I feel very sorry for those that believe covid was a hoax. Perhaps they were lucky not to lose friends or relatives to it.

By *uyForeLadiesMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Training for what's coming in the future.

15 minute neighborhoods

Smart Cities

Digital IDs

Central Bank Digital Currency (Britcoin)

Social Credit Scores

Carbon allowances.

Before anyone say tinfoil hat, some of these are already being implemented and consulted on.

Durham

"That is true but they have a higher level of urban citizens than UK so it is more similar than people think. The rate of death is similar. One locked down and one didn’t. I think they made the right decision in Sweden in the end. "

Norway Denmark and Finland are far more similar to Sweden so maybe best to compare Sweden with those countries when considering how well they did. For example sweden spends nearly 4 times what the uk spends per person on health and social care. Sweden and uk handled covid very badly compared to most other western countries.

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

"I believe it was a test to see how compliant the general public would be for things they have planned for us in the near future.

I always wondered how the nazis got to control so many people back in the thirties and thought that would never happen these days?

How wrong I was, the propaganda was unreal and the majority of the public fell for it.

I smelt rat after a few weeks of things not making any sense and the cancelling and shutting down of people and publications etc not complying to the agenda just confirmed my suspicions."

It definitely felt like some of the restrictions were just blatant piss taking from the government to see what people would put up with. Boxing Day 2020; only a certain amount of people allowed in your house but the Boxing Day sales were a total free for all with hundreds of people fighting over half price bath bombs haha. The taping off of alternating urinals in public toilets was most bizarre as well.

By *ottom4topxMan  over a year ago

Derry

Who cares about closing schools. Not know what there teaching these days? It's closing businesses that was the big mistake. Loads are now out of business

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

That's why Boris went camping. He said the British people won't know the difference between cow shit and bull shit.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I believe it was a test to see how compliant the general public would be for things they have planned for us in the near future.

I smelt rat after a few weeks of things not making any sense and the cancelling and shutting down of people and publications etc not complying to the agenda just confirmed my suspicions.

It definitely felt like some of the restrictions were just blatant piss taking from the government to see what people would put up with. Boxing Day 2020; only a certain amount of people allowed in your house but the Boxing Day sales were a total free for all with hundreds of people fighting over half price bath bombs haha. The taping off of alternating urinals in public toilets was most bizarre as well. "

Boxing Day 2020 - large swathes of the country, including London and the SE, Greater Manchester and other large population centres were in tier 4 already OR joined tier 4 on 26/12/20. Non essential retail was closed, travel into/out of tier 4 was supposed to be banned etc. I'm not clear that there were significant Boxing Day sales "in person"? Online, yes. But I've slept since then AND didn't go anywhere on Boxing Day 2020.

North East

It definitely felt like some of the restrictions were just blatant piss taking from the government to see what people would put up with. Boxing Day 2020; only a certain amount of people allowed in your house but the Boxing Day sales were a total free for all with hundreds of people fighting over half price bath bombs haha. The taping off of alternating urinals in public toilets was most bizarre as well.

Boxing Day 2020 - large swathes of the country, including London and the SE, Greater Manchester and other large population centres were in tier 4 already OR joined tier 4 on 26/12/20. Non essential retail was closed, travel into/out of tier 4 was supposed to be banned etc. I'm not clear that there were significant Boxing Day sales "in person"? Online, yes. But I've slept since then AND didn't go anywhere on Boxing Day 2020. "

I was at work on Boxing Day 2020 in a clothes shop. We were definitely open. As was the shopping centre it’s in.

North West

Boxing Day 2020 - large swathes of the country, including London and the SE, Greater Manchester and other large population centres were in tier 4 already OR joined tier 4 on 26/12/20. Non essential retail was closed, travel into/out of tier 4 was supposed to be banned etc. I'm not clear that there were significant Boxing Day sales "in person"? Online, yes. But I've slept since then AND didn't go anywhere on Boxing Day 2020.

I was at work on Boxing Day 2020 in a clothes shop. We were definitely open. As was the shopping centre it’s in. "

Were you in tier 4? We were in the highest restrictions for the duration of the various lockdowns, including a special local lockdown designed specially for us. No clothes shops were open on 26/12/20, nor shopping centres. Only "essential shops", which mainly were food/supermarkets and suchlike. Our local supermarket never opens on Boxing Day anyway - pandemic or not. So in this part of the UK, Boxing Day sales were mainly online.

North East

I was at work on Boxing Day 2020 in a clothes shop. We were definitely open. As was the shopping centre it’s in.

Were you in tier 4? We were in the highest restrictions for the duration of the various lockdowns, including a special local lockdown designed specially for us. No clothes shops were open on 26/12/20, nor shopping centres. Only "essential shops", which mainly were food/supermarkets and suchlike. Our local supermarket never opens on Boxing Day anyway - pandemic or not. So in this part of the UK, Boxing Day sales were mainly online. "

Think we were tier 3. So yeah, up here it was perfectly legal to storm round the shops in massive groups and even spend all day there if you wanted. But you were dangerous criminal if you wanted to have the family round for a game of charades though haha. Bonkers.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Ah hindsight, what a wonderful gift

What a joke. "

Convid, hoax & sheeple all in 1 post? You gotta win some sort of conspiracy theory prize for all that.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"Ah hindsight, what a wonderful gift "

Except there were plenty of voices at the time who were ridiculed, ostracised and labelled nutjobs in the name of ‘science’. Don’t come with that hindsight garbage because you backed the wrong horse

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

The government, basically the cnuts Johnson and Hancock couldn’t believe how they were able to control the population and it went to their heads !

You had the police vetting shopping baskets checking that people were buying essential items only, that included a bottle of whiskey but not a pair of children’s pyjamas !

We had Whitty and Valance nightly telling us how many people were going to die, at one stage predicting millions. The media telling us that air cargo hangers were going to be used to store bodies to stop them piling up on the streets !

You had the police hassling and threatening people for sitting on a park bench in the fresh air. People reporting their neighbours for leaving the house more than once a day.

It’s like something out of dystopian novel by George Orwell but actually happened and it’s created a country in a financial mess, that our grandchildren will be paying back the debt for the next 50 years !

Milton Keynes

What a joke.

Convid, hoax & sheeple all in 1 post? You gotta win some sort of conspiracy theory prize for all that."

All valid points though

By *iproperswingersCouple  over a year ago

Rainham

What a joke.

Those who went along with the stupid rules should be ashamed, it was a test to see how obedient people would be. The muzzle wearing types will be bringing the rest of humanity down next time too."

Absolutely agree!! We still have many who think we’re crazy because we are neither vaccinated

"Ah hindsight, what a wonderful gift

Except there were plenty of voices at the time who were ridiculed, ostracised and labelled nutjobs in the name of ‘science’. Don’t come with that hindsight garbage because you backed the wrong horse "

but it was with hindsight. To be fair we waited way to long to act. Its not about backing the wrong horse.. the horse had already bolted.

I had been in Italy then Malta when covid really made the news... and was very surprised when I got home to find nothing really different

Milton Keynes

"The government, basically the cnuts Johnson and Hancock couldn’t believe how they were able to control the population and it went to their heads !

You had the police vetting shopping baskets checking that people were buying essential items only, that included a bottle of whiskey but not a pair of children’s pyjamas !

We had Whitty and Valance nightly telling us how many people were going to die, at one stage predicting millions. The media telling us that air cargo hangers were going to be used to store bodies to stop them piling up on the streets !

You had the police hassling and threatening people for sitting on a park bench in the fresh air. People reporting their neighbours for leaving the house more than once a day.

It’s like something out of dystopian novel by George Orwell but actually happened and it’s created a country in a financial mess, that our grandchildren will be paying back the debt for the next 50 years !"

Well said and if you questioned any of the utter nonsense you were an tin foil hat wearing antivaxxer loon

Rainham

Except there were plenty of voices at the time who were ridiculed, ostracised and labelled nutjobs in the name of ‘science’. Don’t come with that hindsight garbage because you backed the wrong horse "

Some of them were blackm@iled and lost their jobs.. there were some of us screaming from the roof tops but just assumed we were nuts ..

Confirmation bias is a bitch

What a joke.

Convid, hoax & sheeple all in 1 post? You gotta win some sort of conspiracy theory prize for all that.

All valid points though "

Oh I agree. And I should know. I saw the labs in Antarctica where the Chinese in cahoots with Martians were making the virus. And they were laughing as they did it. There were politicians there too, high fiving the Martian as well

Milton Keynes

What a joke.

All valid points though

Oh I agree. And I should know. I saw the labs in Antarctica where the Chinese in cahoots with Martians were making the virus. And they were laughing as they did it. There were politicians there too, high fiving the Martian as well "

Sadly some people will never admit that that were wrong

By *uyForeLadiesMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Absolutely agree!! We still have many who think we’re crazy because we are neither vaccinated "

And then there are those who proudly proclaim they've had their 5th booster.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

[Removed by poster at 11/02/23 19:23:41]

What a joke. "

Posts like this make me chuckle.

On the one hand we have a government who "couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery" and on the other hand somehow managed to conspire with the opposition party's in this country, together with the party in power plus their opposition party's of 165 other countries, literally thousands of scientists, researchers and experts in virology, not forgetting the WHO, all for some master plan (to do no-one knows what exactly) and somehow managed to keep the whole plan so secret that only a few people (who are nothing to do with government or the press) know anything about it.

*does not pass sniff test.

It's so far fetched the greatest fiction writers in the world would take one look and go "fucks sake, what meds are they on?"

Winston

Carlin explained it best..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAFd4FdbJxs

By *JJ_6969Man  over a year ago

Aspull

What a joke.

Posts like this make me chuckle.

On the one hand we have a government who "couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery" and on the other hand somehow managed to conspire with the opposition party's in this country, together with the party in power plus their opposition party's of 165 other countries, literally thousands of scientists, researchers and experts in virology, not forgetting the WHO, all for some master plan (to do no-one knows what exactly) and somehow managed to keep the whole plan so secret that only a few people (who are nothing to do with government or the press) know anything about it.

*does not pass sniff test.

It's so far fetched the greatest fiction writers in the world would take one look and go "fucks sake, what meds are they on?"

Winston

"

But they did their own research...

By *hirleyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"

It’s like something out of dystopian novel by George Orwell but actually happened and it’s created a country in a financial mess, that our grandchildren will be paying back the debt for the next 50 years !"

I see this point made a lot, it's total bolox, but I'd love to know why people continue to use it

Aspull

"

It’s like something out of dystopian novel by George Orwell but actually happened and it’s created a country in a financial mess, that our grandchildren will be paying back the debt for the next 50 years !

I see this point made a lot, it's total bolox, but I'd love to know why people continue to use it"

Whenever someone compares something to 1984, nine times out of ten, they haven't read the book and no idea what is actually about

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"I read an article about it and that is what germanys pro lockdown minister karl lauterbach said, here it is https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/02/10/went-far-covid-restrictions-says-germanys-pro-lockdown-minister/

What is your view of it? I agree that they did went too far with some of the restrictions."

Schools were closed weeks too late. They were also the primary driver of covid from oct-dec 2020 according to the official data showing how it entered the home. Not closing schools in nov meant we needed months more lockdown in jan. The decision making process was woeful. Everyone told johnson to shut down the schools and he aas fighting it even on the first day back in january. Schools closed after 1 day with bojo saying in the morning schools didnt drive transmission and then saying by 5pm they did!

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

There's 2 sets of people when it comes to COVID, those who experienced death whether it be as a healthcare professional like me, family member or even themselves then there are the lucky ones who didn't experience it.

I'll leave it for readers to decide which group feel it's a hoax

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I've got zero time for the 'its a hoax' crowd. Grow up

I've also got zero time for the people who couldn't get enough of the restrictions and wanted anyone who didn't go all in to be ostracized from society. Fascist, narcissistic cowards

Essentially if you're stance wasn't 'you do what you want, I'll do what I want' then you need to fuck off

"There's 2 sets of people when it comes to COVID, those who experienced death whether it be as a healthcare professional like me, family member or even themselves then there are the lucky ones who didn't experience it.

I'll leave it for readers to decide which group feel it's a hoax"

Got a couple question for you, as a HCP..

How much Midazolam was administered in the spring of 2020?

When did it become blanket policy to slip DNRs onto people without their knowledge or consent?

Are there any downsides/complications from ventilating patients who are breathing but straining.

"There's 2 sets of people when it comes to COVID, those who experienced death whether it be as a healthcare professional like me, family member or even themselves then there are the lucky ones who didn't experience it.

I'll leave it for readers to decide which group feel it's a hoax

Got a couple question for you, as a HCP..

How much Midazolam was administered in the spring of 2020?

When did it become blanket policy to slip DNRs onto people without their knowledge or consent?

Are there any downsides/complications from ventilating patients who are breathing but straining.

"

as a HCP I can assure you that dnrs are not just put in place without knowledge or consent. Also while prescribed.. midazolam is not just given out.

Hate to burst your bubble with real life

i said administered.. you reply prescribed and handed out.. Que?

You might want to double check that DNR part too chief.. Not just go by what you believe is good and therefore common practice.

North West

I'll leave it for readers to decide which group feel it's a hoax"

Sadly there are people who lost close relatives but who believe it's a hoax. My mother being one. Allegedly her husband was murdered by doctors who overdosed him on morphine and her father just died of normal old age. How did COVID enter into the home of a man who'd not left his garden gate for over a month? I'll leave that answer to the audience.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

How do you know what horse we backed?

"i said administered.. you reply prescribed and handed out.. Que?

You might want to double check that DNR part too chief.. Not just go by what you believe is good and therefore common practice. "

its not given for nothing.. and I seen the hoops that have to be jumped through for the dnr ... please actually try living in the real world

Aspull

You might want to double check that DNR part too chief.. Not just go by what you believe is good and therefore common practice. its not given for nothing.. and I seen the hoops that have to be jumped through for the dnr ... please actually try living in the real world "

You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Except there were plenty of voices at the time who were ridiculed, ostracised and labelled nutjobs in the name of ‘science’. Don’t come with that hindsight garbage because you backed the wrong horse

How do you know what horse we backed? "

A bookie keeps receipts

By *onrianMan  over a year ago

cork

Ukraine is the new covid propaganda machine

"Ukraine is the new covid propaganda machine "

How so?

You might want to double check that DNR part too chief.. Not just go by what you believe is good and therefore common practice. its not given for nothing.. and I seen the hoops that have to be jumped through for the dnr ... please actually try living in the real world

You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into "

This.

Winston

cork

I have never seen such an immediate and unbalanced media since covid ??

Our neighbours .

Bbc had documentaries in 2014 showing rise of ukraine naziism against Russians in the east. Russia been asking for diplomacy and talks since but nothing. Zelensky is an actor bear in mind

North West

"I have never seen such an immediate and unbalanced media since covid ??

Our neighbours .

Bbc had documentaries in 2014 showing rise of ukraine naziism against Russians in the east. Russia been asking for diplomacy and talks since but nothing. Zelensky is an actor bear in mind "

Ronald Reagan was an actor. Does that mean he was acting, rather than being the President of the USA in the 80s?

Our neighbours .

Bbc had documentaries in 2014 showing rise of ukraine naziism against Russians in the east. Russia been asking for diplomacy and talks since but nothing. Zelensky is an actor bear in mind "

Are there bad people in Ukraine just like in every country? Of course. But is Putin a liar, kleptocrat & dictator who will take as much as he can until/unless he's stopped? It seems rather likely.

cork

It might have escaped you . Yes. Do you actually think that the likes of Reagan or George bush senior or junior as examples actually had any actual decision making themselves ? No puppets

"It might have escaped you . Yes. Do you actually think that the likes of Reagan or George bush senior or junior as examples actually had any actual decision making themselves ? No puppets "

You think any1 doesn't know heads of state are constrained in a sense? It's not some grand conspiracy. It's simply inevitable in that sort of position.

But it's laughable to say US presidents have no power.

Why are we a comparison all the time. Can't you all just be well the UK? You don't see me comparing Boris to trump.WTF

"Why are we a comparison all the time. Can't you all just be well the UK? You don't see me comparing Boris to trump.WTF

"

You literally told me on another thread that Trump & Johnson were the same. If I remember rightly, you said they were twins hahaha

"Why are we a comparison all the time. Can't you all just be well the UK? You don't see me comparing Boris to trump.WTF

You literally told me on another thread that Trump & Johnson were the same. If I remember rightly, you said they were twins hahaha"

Because it was the general consensus. Not from years ago.

You literally told me on another thread that Trump & Johnson were the same. If I remember rightly, you said they were twins hahaha Because it was the general consensus. Not from years ago."

What are you talking about. You just said above you don't compare Johnson to Trump. But you literally did in another thread. Now you're arguing with reality?

You literally told me on another thread that Trump & Johnson were the same. If I remember rightly, you said they were twins hahaha Because it was the general consensus. Not from years ago.

What are you talking about. You just said above you don't compare Johnson to Trump. But you literally did in another thread. Now you're arguing with reality?"

I admit I didn't I? We still not a credible comparison to the UK are we not in your eyes?

I don't see Americans on here comparing Biden to Churchill.

You literally told me on another thread that Trump & Johnson were the same. If I remember rightly, you said they were twins hahaha Because it was the general consensus. Not from years ago.

What are you talking about. You just said above you don't compare Johnson to Trump. But you literally did in another thread. Now you're arguing with reality? I admit I didn't I? We still not a credible comparison to the UK are we not in your eyes?"

Honestly, your posts were too confusing to make sense to me. All that was clear was you directly contradicted yourself.

And comparisons can be drawn between any countries. So I've no idea what you're even asking there.

"I don't see Americans on here comparing Biden to Churchill. "

Ironically, you kind of just did that lol

Blu, read back a bit. You randomly started comparing US/UK rulers while complaining about other people doing it. It's like you pulled an argument out of thin air & started arguing with yourself.

Anyway, back on to the thread topic if any1 cares.

Our neighbours .

I remember it well,yesterday's terrorists are today's freedom fighters.

Have you noticed how zelensky is constantly in his combat fatigues,even in his very recent visit to the UK....It's perfect propaganda to make him look the hero,the good guy.

Didn't zelensky have a an opposition party member jailed a few years ago because he disagreed with his views...that's the kind of thing putin does.

America put zelensky in power because he's pro west,the previous president didn't want Russia or the west involved in Ukraine.

American foreign policy!!!

Our neighbours .

Bbc had documentaries in 2014 showing rise of ukraine naziism against Russians in the east. Russia been asking for diplomacy and talks since but nothing. Zelensky is an actor bear in mind

Have you noticed how zelensky is constantly in his combat fatigues,even in his very recent visit to the UK....It's perfect propaganda to make him look the hero,the good guy.

Didn't zelensky have a an opposition party member jailed a few years ago because he disagreed with his views...that's the kind of thing putin does.

America put zelensky in power because he's pro west,the previous president didn't want Russia or the west involved in Ukraine.

American foreign policy!!!"

I thought Zelensky won an election to become ruler. Was I misinformed?

By *osaint1971Couple  over a year ago

Near Taunton

Our neighbours .

I thought Zelensky won an election to become ruler. Was I misinformed?"

Yep, https://progressive.org/latest/us-reaping-sowed-in-ukraine-benjamin-davies-220201/

Although you will undoubtedly find that the ever so impartial government funded fact checkers will debunk these facts...just like they did about the FBI censoring Twitter and the Russian collusion etc

cork

Puppet master. An actor . He portrayed the president or prime minister in a Ukrainian soap.

Our neighbours .

Yep, https://progressive.org/latest/us-reaping-sowed-in-ukraine-benjamin-davies-220201/

Although you will undoubtedly find that the ever so impartial government funded fact checkers will debunk these facts...just like they did about the FBI censoring Twitter and the Russian collusion etc "

If that article's accurate, the US did meddle in Ukraine. But I saw nothing in the article about the election of Zelensky.

"Puppet master. An actor . He portrayed the president or prime minister in a Ukrainian soap. "

Yes he was a comedian & actor who was subsequently elected. You say this as if it's some great secret. It's not.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Covid was and is a very serious danger to the population. Our government were and are a bunch of fucking twats that made every decision wrongly and were more interested in embezzling all the money than protecting anyone. The actual real science was ignored at every turn. To a first approximation there were zero people that obeyed lockdown necessities; the whole thing was rendered pointless by the vast number that either exploited every possible loophole in the regulations as written by not-even-half-wits in the Cabinet, or just totally ignored them.

The problem was worldwide, every government failed. If covid had been even a tiny amount more deadly, civilization would no longer exist. There is still every possibility that the human race is finished - remember that the initial symptoms of HIV infection are incredibly similar to a light dose of flu, it's only five years later that it has 100% lethality...

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

Yes, it went much too far, and the way the unvaxxed were spoken about on here is unforgivable

By *hors fantasyCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Never in my life time did I think we would sacrifice the education of children to keep the over 70’s alive for an extra year or two before old age did what it was always going to do and killed the elderly

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Except there were plenty of voices at the time who were ridiculed, ostracised and labelled nutjobs in the name of ‘science’. Don’t come with that hindsight garbage because you backed the wrong horse but it was with hindsight. To be fair we waited way to long to act. Its not about backing the wrong horse.. the horse had already bolted.

I had been in Italy then Malta when covid really made the news... and was very surprised when I got home to find nothing really different "

Selective memory: think many forgot the images that came from Italy and warnings to other countries to respond.

Now it boils down to the over reaction of where you could take a piss and the disgusting, controlling enforcement of mask wearing and social distancing.

Suppose excess deaths from the last 3 years was scaremongering bollox too.

A few jabs and milder variants and it was put down to over reaction and control.

My daughter, since catching COVID 12 months ago, now uses inhalers twice a day and piling up a regular growing list of allergies she's never had in the past. It would have been better for her to have never caught it.

Blackpool

Except there were plenty of voices at the time who were ridiculed, ostracised and labelled nutjobs in the name of ‘science’. Don’t come with that hindsight garbage because you backed the wrong horse but it was with hindsight. To be fair we waited way to long to act. Its not about backing the wrong horse.. the horse had already bolted.

I had been in Italy then Malta when covid really made the news... and was very surprised when I got home to find nothing really different

Selective memory: think many forgot the images that came from Italy and warnings to other countries to respond.

Now it boils down to the over reaction of where you could take a piss and the disgusting, controlling enforcement of mask wearing and social distancing.

A few jabs and milder variants and it was put down to over reaction and control.

My daughter, since catching COVID 12 months ago, now uses inhalers twice a day and piling up a regular growing list of allergies she's never had in the past. It would have been better for her to have never caught it."

Can you prove it was covid that caused her reactions or was it the “vaccine”

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

What a joke. "

Couldn’t have said it better myself

Scotland

"Never in my life time did I think we would sacrifice the education of children to keep the over 70’s alive for an extra year or two before old age did what it was always going to do and killed the elderly "

How utterly fucking vile. Should be ashamed of yourself

By *trueceltMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

The restrictions in Wales were extended to the purchase of 'non-essential items'. The items deemed to be non-essential were decided by the Welsh government, they did not include children's toys but they did include adult underwear and socks. Supermarket aisles containing the 'non-essential items' were taped off.

Where I lived at the time is very pro Yes Cymru so in the first weeks of the pandemic there was a huge appetite in these parts to close the English border. Love to have seen how that would've worked! Signs to tourist destinations were ripped out, turned around or decorated with graffiti - 'Wales is closed'.

Police challenged me when attending to the animals on my paddock "do you own this field" / "have you seen any camper vans go past?" / "what's behind those trees over there?".

It was fucking insane. Fear, paranoia, embarrassing mis-placed nationalism and casual racism. If it had been any other nation in Europe reacting in such a hysterical way, I really believe it would've been in the news.

It changed my relationship with this country. I now oppose devolution. I see neighbours and colleagues in a new light. Some signs still have not been put back up or orientated to direct people the right way. I now see the police as nothing more than blunt instruments of the state and advocate de-funding the force...

Wales survived the pandemic comparatively well but not well enough to justify those Orwellian measures.

By *trueceltMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

"Never in my life time did I think we would sacrifice the education of children to keep the over 70’s alive for an extra year or two before old age did what it was always going to do and killed the elderly "

Wow. So much blocky.

By *fternoonDelight69Man  over a year ago

Southampton

What a joke.

Exactly, some here claim to have needed hindsight, whereas others saw Convid for exactly what it was... at the time it was happening.

The easily duped who lack critical thinking were the ones wearing masks, getting cranky, fearful and irrational. Their total compliance shows they were unable to understand what was really going on. These are the ones that foolishly repeat the 'conspiracy theorist' jibe... shame on you.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

it was ten years of lost life.

Imo the country puts elderly above kids every time we go to the election booth.

Tin town

"Never in my life time did I think we would sacrifice the education of children to keep the over 70’s alive for an extra year or two before old age did what it was always going to do and killed the elderly it was ten years of lost life.

Imo the country puts elderly above kids every time we go to the election booth. "

Let them eat cake

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

What a joke.

Those who went along with the stupid rules should be ashamed, it was a test to see how obedient people would be. The muzzle wearing types will be bringing the rest of humanity down next time too.

Exactly, some here claim to have needed hindsight, whereas others saw Convid for exactly what it was... at the time it was happening.

The easily duped who lack critical thinking were the ones wearing masks, getting cranky, fearful and irrational. Their total compliance shows they were unable to understand what was really going on. These are the ones that foolishly repeat the 'conspiracy theorist' jibe... shame on you.

"

I can spin this and say that those who believe whatever A. Crank said said on YT and tic toc showed they were equally manipulatable. Orwell was wrong. You don't make people thing 2+2=5 directly. You get a puppet in the proles to give the message.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm pretty sure that this is a wind up?

You genuinely don't mean this,if you do I think you seriously need to give your head a wobble and have a long hard look in the mirror at yourself.

Sorry but WTF.

I think that's it for me on the virus section I'm out.

Crack on with your rants.

I'm Also kinda done with humanity and the lack of, gonna try to hitch a ride with the next passing spaceship as long as the yanks don't shoot it down first.

Virus section over and out.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Never in my life time did I think we would sacrifice the education of children to keep the over 70’s alive for an extra year or two before old age did what it was always going to do and killed the elderly it was ten years of lost life.

Imo the country puts elderly above kids every time we go to the election booth. "

Kids don't have a vote...yet.

This country treats elderly people abominable though. It might appear on the face of it that they're given special treatment but I can tell you that they aren't

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Abominably *

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

What a joke. "

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Kids don't have a vote...yet.

This country treats elderly people abominable though. It might appear on the face of it that they're given special treatment but I can tell you that they aren't"

fair. Although I would say that what ppl vote for isn't what they get.

It's an anti (current) Tory party /brexit poke... But I struggle to think the last ten years of policies have been pro kids... And so people haven't been voting to put kids needs first.

After all, they still lead the polls after COVID irrc.

By *hawslut_redemptionCouple  over a year ago

Minehead

Love threads like this... makes the block list decision making so much easier

Longridge

My daughter, since catching COVID 12 months ago, now uses inhalers twice a day and piling up a regular growing list of allergies she's never had in the past. It would have been better for her to have never caught it.

Can you prove it was covid that caused her reactions or was it the “vaccine”"

She never had the frickin vaccine..

Was booked the week she caught it and maybe if she had have had it, wouldn't be suffering symptoms of severe asthma that she now does causing her issues while doing sports, rather than the Vaccine denial that the cause lays there.

There is enough documented 'proof' that COVID triggers long term pver reactive immune responses - asthma is an allergic reaction to environment in most cases and the foods she used to love, can't eat anymore as there is severe reaction. Bananas, Kiwi, Pineapple and more and the list is growing.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I didn't agree with everything in the restrictions but can you imagine the uproar from the people saying it was all a con if they had done no restrictions at all and thousands more people died including their relatives.

Not all people who died were older people, Covid is not mild for all, even for kids.

Infections always rose when the kids went back to school so probably why they had to keep shutting schools. Kids spread bugs like wildfire, whatever the bug is and kids are and have been getting multiple infections of Covid...which then gets passed on to adults , then they pass it on etc etc

I could never make my mind up as to what the answer was as to how to deal with it, but I could also never see how we got out of it. As it is still killing people then we obviously are not yet so I am not sure why people think it was a con

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I didn't agree with everything in the restrictions but can you imagine the uproar from the people saying it was all a con if they had done no restrictions at all and thousands more people died including their relatives.

Not all people who died were older people, Covid is not mild for all, even for kids.

Infections always rose when the kids went back to school so probably why they had to keep shutting schools. Kids spread bugs like wildfire, whatever the bug is and kids are and have been getting multiple infections of Covid...which then gets passed on to adults , then they pass it on etc etc

I could never make my mind up as to what the answer was as to how to deal with it, but I could also never see how we got out of it. As it is still killing people then we obviously are not yet so I am not sure why people think it was a con

"

"Never in my life time did I think we would sacrifice the education of children to keep the over 70’s alive for an extra year or two before old age did what it was always going to do and killed the elderly

How utterly fucking vile. Should be ashamed of yourself"

I look at posts like that and think, there goes the trash taking itself out.

It's a pretty sick way of looking at the situation.

Winston

Tin town

Women and children first in the lifeboat...

Longridge

"I didn't agree with everything in the restrictions but can you imagine the uproar from the people saying it was all a con if they had done no restrictions at all and thousands more people died including their relatives.

"

Well, my daughter was healthy, fit and enjoyed martial arts and football. That all changed after what turned out to be a very mild infection with COVID, tested positive with a runny nose, completely over it other than a light cough 4 days later.

She caught on first day back into school as did 6 others from one other child.

No one is saying whether this gets better or worse or for how long as they simply don't know.

Just because it mat not have been fatal, for many, it's been life changing and for these reasons aline, restrictions to stop as many as possible contracting it - was right.

Unfortunately, its fallen out the news, Flu and COVID was causing the NHS issues in December and I heard COVID is on the rise again, possibly due to delays in restrictions of those arriving on flights from hotspots mid January.

MERS left a legacy of kidney failure which took my father 4 years after catching that on cruise ship in the Med. Within 12 months was on weekly dialysis and pray the COVID doesn't have a similar sting in its tail that we are not yet aware of.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Well our Uk Government weren't prepared despite all the warnings ?? and we reaped what was sown with all the Austerity and totally 100% ignoring the findings from the so called test run for a major outbreak like covid ??? afrw years before and one of the findings was our chronic shortage of PPE ??? but some of the measures during lockdown were indeed OTT ?? and should have been 1 lockdown ( according to a scientist Mrs4 knows) where measures were put in place to protect the most vuneranble and afew others measures but the Uk locked down way to late which made a bad situation even worse ??

Blackpool

Oh I 100% stand by what I said 14-16 olds lost two of the most important years of their education so that some one’s grandparents could sit in a nursing home and die of loneliness,

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Well, my daughter was healthy, fit and enjoyed martial arts and football. That all changed after what turned out to be a very mild infection with COVID, tested positive with a runny nose, completely over it other than a light cough 4 days later.

She caught on first day back into school as did 6 others from one other child.

No one is saying whether this gets better or worse or for how long as they simply don't know.

Just because it mat not have been fatal, for many, it's been life changing and for these reasons aline, restrictions to stop as many as possible contracting it - was right.

Unfortunately, its fallen out the news, Flu and COVID was causing the NHS issues in December and I heard COVID is on the rise again, possibly due to delays in restrictions of those arriving on flights from hotspots mid January.

MERS left a legacy of kidney failure which took my father 4 years after catching that on cruise ship in the Med. Within 12 months was on weekly dialysis and pray the COVID doesn't have a similar sting in its tail that we are not yet aware of."

Sorry to hear about your daughter, sadly so it seems she is one of many who has lasting effects of a so called "mild" infection. I saw a young girl on the local news who has permanent oxygen and has done since her second bout of "mild" covid. From what I read not long ago Covid can affect lots of different parts of the body so it is like a lottery of what after affects you may get.

Sadly there are people about who won't or don't want to believe this and would have no empathy even if shown the damage it has caused, because it was all a "con"

"Never in my life time did I think we would sacrifice the education of children to keep the over 70’s alive for an extra year or two before old age did what it was always going to do and killed the elderly

Oh I 100% stand by what I said 14-16 olds lost two of the most important years of their education so that some one’s grandparents could sit in a nursing home and die of loneliness, "

they didn't lose education though. It was still there and certainly not years... my daughter was in her gcse years and whilst it was a challenge. We got her through it. She starts her open University degree in March ( no a levels required) but she's sitting 2 this year anyway

Many older people live full and happy lives past 70, they have worked hard, why should there lives be worthless to some. And besides it wasn't just about protecting them. It was about protecting the children too.

Too many young people are suffering ongoing complications of " mild" covid infections ..

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To be fair, if the whole world could have locked down everything completely for 4 weeks... covid would have been stopped in its tracks. Unfortunately, that's near impossible to do.

The response of each government was a compromise between stopping covid and not killing their economy.

Cal

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Oh I 100% stand by what I said 14-16 olds lost two of the most important years of their education so that some one’s grandparents could sit in a nursing home and die of loneliness, "

tbh I'm not sure GCSEs are the most important years.

But decisions weren't made so that could happen. Decisions were made so that the grandparents had a better chance of living the rest of their lives (on average ten years ahead of them) with their family. Some sadly will have died alone because of the restrictions. But that wasn't the aim of the policy.

somewhere

So it should, infact the voting age should be 25 now in my view.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

So it should, infact the voting age should be 25 now in my view."

there's a difference between voting age and what you vote for. I'd hope some parents vote on the basis of education policy.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"To be fair, if the whole world could have locked down everything completely for 4 weeks... covid would have been stopped in its tracks. Unfortunately, that's near impossible to do.

The response of each government was a compromise between stopping covid and not killing their economy.

Cal"

They achieved neither of those with their policies.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

I will NEVER come to terms with being prevented from attending my beloved Sisters funeral because we were on a 5 mile max from home lockdown here at the time, and it took place in London.

Heddly were turning people back, with fines so I couldn't risk it.

So yes, it went too far for me.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"

"

Heddlu sorry (welsh police)

somewhere

So it should, infact the voting age should be 25 now in my view.there's a difference between voting age and what you vote for. I'd hope some parents vote on the basis of education policy. "

It's clear that few parents vote on education policy.

I'm not a parent, but I think education is probably the most important thing that any civilised nation can offer a child.

Voting age and agendas are different yes, but they're still relative.

Our neighbours .

I thought Zelensky won an election to become ruler. Was I misinformed?"

He did,but always with the help of America,just like in Iran in 1953,and just like Chile in 73.

Southampton

Our neighbours .

He did,but always with the help of America,just like in Iran in 1953,and just like Chile in 73."

The old name for Ukraine is Khazaria. Looking into the so called 'Khazarian Mafia...' is most enlightening as regards the state of the world today.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple  over a year ago

Middle England

Let's suppose further down the line there is a pandemic, much worse than covid; deadlier and more contagious. Let's also assume even the most ardent sceptic acknowledges it's real. What would you do if you were a leader?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Our neighbours .

He did,but always with the help of America,just like in Iran in 1953,and just like Chile in 73.

The old name for Ukraine is Khazaria. Looking into the so called 'Khazarian Mafia...' is most enlightening as regards the state of the world today. "

I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Also, wtf?

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

I say Lockdowns were the worse thing that could happen to us. Each day that we were in Lockdown will take 2 weeks to recover from it.

Southampton

What a joke.

Convid, hoax & sheeple all in 1 post? You gotta win some sort of conspiracy theory prize for all that."

Congratulations, you have won the 'Coincidence theorist' of the year award.

Which sounds best - 'Conspiracy denier' or 'Coincidence theorist'?

Southampton

"Let's suppose further down the line there is a pandemic, much worse than covid; deadlier and more contagious. Let's also assume even the most ardent sceptic acknowledges it's real. What would you do if you were a leader? "

First question would be 'is it naturally occurring' or 'did it originate from a lab in China / Ukraine' etc?

Southampton

"I will NEVER come to terms with being prevented from attending my beloved Sisters funeral because we were on a 5 mile max from home lockdown here at the time, and it took place in London.

So yes, it went too far for me. "

The fear of fines was something that prevented a lot of people being brave and challenging the lockdown attempts.

Luckily we have Common Law, and the Bill of Rights from 1688/1689 states clearly that 'there will be no fines or charges without conviction.'

This applies to covid fines, parking fines, late filing fines etc. And yes, I have practised what I preach and can confirm this works. Learn Common Law and empower yourself.

Next 'pandemic' lockdown we need to remember this and never be controlled by government fear mongering propaganda.

Southampton

Our neighbours .

The old name for Ukraine is Khazaria. Looking into the so called 'Khazarian Mafia...' is most enlightening as regards the state of the world today.

I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Also, wtf?"

But then, what do you know, eh?

By *eandmrsjones69Couple  over a year ago

Middle England

"Let's suppose further down the line there is a pandemic, much worse than covid; deadlier and more contagious. Let's also assume even the most ardent sceptic acknowledges it's real. What would you do if you were a leader?

First question would be 'is it naturally occurring' or 'did it originate from a lab in China / Ukraine' etc?"

And while you ponder on that question...

Rainham

"I've got zero time for the 'its a hoax' crowd. Grow up

I've also got zero time for the people who couldn't get enough of the restrictions and wanted anyone who didn't go all in to be ostracized from society. Fascist, narcissistic cowards

Essentially if you're stance wasn't 'you do what you want, I'll do what I want' then you need to fuck off

"

None of us saying it was hoax - it was very real but the severity of it was blown out massively, and any scientists who spoke about certain things were bl@clmailed and sickeningly silenced.

It’s easy to gaslight everyone and say - oh you think it’s fake; but we know it was real. People were just conditioned all of the time to do as they were told. I’ve studied psychology for a decade and I have fellow psychology majors who all said what I was thinking, it was like watching the five monkey experiment, in real time - on everyone around you. Was strange how fast it worked

Rainham

"Let's suppose further down the line there is a pandemic, much worse than covid; deadlier and more contagious. Let's also assume even the most ardent sceptic acknowledges it's real. What would you do if you were a leader?

First question would be 'is it naturally occurring' or 'did it originate from a lab in China / Ukraine' etc?

And while you ponder on that question..."

It was 100 percent engineered

From the evidence I’ve researched, Covid was nothing more than a bad cold. I’ve known people who had a positive test then died of completely unrelated conditions and even car accidents and it was always labelled as a ‘Covid death’

They lied to us the whole way through

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

surely its better to go too far than not enough and have the death rate 10 times worse,,,

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I say Lockdowns were the worse thing that could happen to us. Each day that we were in Lockdown will take 2 weeks to recover from it.

"

They've certainly contributed to the current cost of living crises and the large deficit in public transport funds.

Unfortunately, I think the reason for the mass hysteria and knee jerk reaction was mainly political.

The government was simply so afraid of losing face that they blindly followed other countries into total lockdown with no thought or concerns for the consequences.

I'm not saying that we didn't need some form of restrictions or guidance but I definitely agree that Covid rules, regulations and shut downs went way too far.

By *anilla-sinCouple  over a year ago

lancs

What a joke. "

really....?? like... are you for real?

Durham

"From the evidence I’ve researched, Covid was nothing more than a bad cold. I’ve known people who had a positive test then died of completely unrelated conditions and even car accidents and it was always labelled as a ‘Covid death’

They lied to us the whole way through "

If someone dies in a car accident within 28 days of a positive test they go down as died within 28 days. It wouldn't go down on the death certificate though, the covid numbers are counted separately. Since there are about only about 1500 road deaths in the uk the number counted under the 28 days total would be minimal. There was unsurprisingly a big drop in road deaths during covid.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

None of us saying it was hoax - it was very real but the severity of it was blown out massively, and any scientists who spoke about certain things were bl@clmailed and sickeningly silenced.

It’s easy to gaslight everyone and say - oh you think it’s fake; but we know it was real. People were just conditioned all of the time to do as they were told. I’ve studied psychology for a decade and I have fellow psychology majors who all said what I was thinking, it was like watching the five monkey experiment, in real time - on everyone around you. Was strange how fast it worked "

Agree.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

It’s easy to gaslight everyone and say - oh you think it’s fake; but we know it was real. People were just conditioned all of the time to do as they were told. I’ve studied psychology for a decade and I have fellow psychology majors who all said what I was thinking, it was like watching the five monkey experiment, in real time - on everyone around you. Was strange how fast it worked

Agree. "

was the 5 monkey the one with the ladder?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

What a joke.

So people trying to do the right thing, behaving like decent mature grown ups rather than acting like some petulant child is something to be ashamed of? Go slither back under your rock, thanks.

Scotland

"From the evidence I’ve researched, Covid was nothing more than a bad cold. I’ve known people who had a positive test then died of completely unrelated conditions and even car accidents and it was always labelled as a ‘Covid death’

The evidence you've researched? Aka some garbage article on a dodgy site you agreed with

teleford

"I will NEVER come to terms with being prevented from attending my beloved Sisters funeral because we were on a 5 mile max from home lockdown here at the time, and it took place in London.

The fear of fines was something that prevented a lot of people being brave and challenging the lockdown attempts.

Luckily we have Common Law, and the Bill of Rights from 1688/1689 states clearly that 'there will be no fines or charges without conviction.'

This applies to covid fines, parking fines, late filing fines etc. And yes, I have practised what I preach and can confirm this works. Learn Common Law and empower yourself.

Next 'pandemic' lockdown we need to remember this and never be controlled by government fear mongering propaganda. "

Yes let’s all behave like petulant children ??. Why wait, let’s just stop paying taxes, stop working, we can just take stuff when we want it, run people down if we so feel like it, m rder, r pe, whatever feels good, we don’t need government telling us what we can and can’t do…

teleford

“Researched” ROFL The dumb, the ignorant and the dead all have one thing in common, they are entirely unaware of their condition.

By *ischiefManaged69Couple  over a year ago

Preston

I dread to think where you 'researched' that.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Next 'pandemic' lockdown we need to remember this and never be controlled by government fear mongering propaganda. "

bill of rights apparently only apples to criminal offences not civil. Not sure which COVID fines were tbh.

By *TheDirtyBishopMan  over a year ago

spalding

Sweden didn't lock down at all.

Very few deaths.

When sars 1 hit they had ten years to research the best tactics to fight a similar outbreak.

None of those tactics were used.

It was all a massive con on the people of the world.

Also my pal was in New Zealand while they were locked down we were still allowing international flights in and out of the country.

There was a complete failure of bio security measures.

Now more people are dying unexpectedly than before and during the pandemic. But no news covers that.

We were lied to about the effectiveness of the vaccine and motivated emotionally to receive it.

None of this seems like good scientific practice.

All a complete con.

Don't believe the multinationals.

By *osaint1971Couple  over a year ago

Near Taunton

Next 'pandemic' lockdown we need to remember this and never be controlled by government fear mongering propaganda.

Yes let’s all behave like petulant children ??. Why wait, let’s just stop paying taxes, stop working, we can just take stuff when we want it, run people down if we so feel like it, m rder, r pe, whatever feels good, we don’t need government telling us what we can and can’t do… "

Imagine being so immoral that it is only the threat of jail that stops you from stealing, rpng and killing. I can't.

Don't forget that when it comes to theft and murder governments have no equals....and it isn't even close. Over 100 million dead at the hands of their own governments in the last century alone.

North West

Our neighbours .

The old name for Ukraine is Khazaria. Looking into the so called 'Khazarian Mafia...' is most enlightening as regards the state of the world today. "

Are you really suggesting that an Empire that ceased to exist in 950AD has anything to do with the modern era? And it covered only part of modern Ukraine. Please just go ahead and make the connection with Judaism by the way - presumably this is your inference about the "state of the world today"? FYI, there is no evidence that the Jews of the Khazarian Empire have any connection with the modern-day Ashkenazi

By *irginLad32Man  over a year ago

Bellingham

All this proved is how much the human race has lost its will to live. Lies like 'save lives or so your bit for the country', had thousands signing them selves up for an unpaid lab experiment to be injected into them (repeatedly), and they had thousands happily walking around with a piece of fabric on their face and shut down anyone who questioned it!

Now the thick have proven how susceptible to control they are, what will they make up to control us next.

Bellingham

It was 100 percent engineered "

My pound of cakes is it was a former soviet or even nazi, bio weapon that was deliberately leaked from that lab in Wuhan. But the death figure was far lower than the media bullshitted people it was, to trick them into being lab rats for the so called 'vaccine'. Just because it started in China doesn't mean the Chinese caused it, with how much the world happily lashed out at China over this orchestrated so called pandemic, im surprised they didn't go to war with the west.

Durham

"Sweden didn't lock down at all.

Very few deaths.

When sars 1 hit they had ten years to research the best tactics to fight a similar outbreak.

Also my pal was in New Zealand while they were locked down we were still allowing international flights in and out of the country.

Now more people are dying unexpectedly than before and during the pandemic. But no news covers that.

We were lied to about the effectiveness of the vaccine and motivated emotionally to receive it.

All a complete con.

Don't believe the multinationals. "

Sweden did very badly for covid deaths compared to its neighbors who had harsher lockdowns, Sweden did lock down in a fashion. Norway , Denmark and Finland had a lot less deaths. Also with regard to new Zealand and Sweden. Sweden had 10 times the covid deaths of new Zealand.

Bellingham

"The government, basically the cnuts Johnson and Hancock couldn’t believe how they were able to control the population and it went to their heads !

Its agenda 2030. In 7 years time, something much worse is going to happen.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

My pound of cakes is it was a former soviet or even nazi, bio weapon that was deliberately leaked from that lab in Wuhan. But the death figure was far lower than the media bullshitted people it was, to trick them into being lab rats for the so called 'vaccine'. Just because it started in China doesn't mean the Chinese caused it, with how much the world happily lashed out at China over this orchestrated so called pandemic, im surprised they didn't go to war with the west. "

leaked by a Russian (or even Nazi?!?) working in Wuhan.

The rest of the opportunity to jump on this commie Nazi leak to falsify death figures across the world (including anti soviet countries) just so they can take vaccines that presumably hadn't yet been invented.

That's a lot of cake I'm having to swallow.

chester

"To be fair, if the whole world could have locked down everything completely for 4 weeks... covid would have been stopped in its tracks. Unfortunately, that's near impossible to do.

Cal"

Funny how the governments managed both and more

chester

Very few deaths.

All a complete con.

Sweden did very badly for covid deaths compared to its neighbors who had harsher lockdowns, Sweden did lock down in a fashion. Norway , Denmark and Finland had a lot less deaths. Also with regard to new Zealand and Sweden. Sweden had 10 times the covid deaths of new Zealand."

Really?

Rainham

Agree. was the 5 monkey the one with the ladder? "

Yeah it is (the simple one on YouTube) there's plenty of crap in circulation - saying it was never a real experiment.. Which is absolutely pants. (everything is always been censored and adjusted, sadly like the legal definition of blackm@il)...

If scientists in 1945 could condition birds to successfully guild bombs.. Its very possible.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Agree. was the 5 monkey the one with the ladder?

Yeah it is (the simple one on YouTube) there's plenty of crap in circulation - saying it was never a real experiment.. Which is absolutely pants. (everything is always been censored and adjusted, sadly like the legal definition of blackm@il)...

If scientists in 1945 could condition birds to successfully guild bombs.. Its very possible. "

thought so. I don't get the link then. Who's replqced whom in the cage.

If scientists in 1945 could condition birds to successfully guild bombs.. Its very possible. "

How did birds get bombs to join guilds? I agree that sounds remarkably tricky.

Bellingham

My pound of cakes is it was a former soviet or even nazi, bio weapon that was deliberately leaked from that lab in Wuhan. But the death figure was far lower than the media bullshitted people it was, to trick them into being lab rats for the so called 'vaccine'. Just because it started in China doesn't mean the Chinese caused it, with how much the world happily lashed out at China over this orchestrated so called pandemic, im surprised they didn't go to war with the west. leaked by a Russian (or even Nazi?!?) working in Wuhan.

The rest of the opportunity to jump on this commie Nazi leak to falsify death figures across the world (including anti soviet countries) just so they can take vaccines that presumably hadn't yet been invented.

That's a lot of cake I'm having to swallow. "

During the soviet union, a lot of biological weapon testing occurred in and around Wuhan. Look it up.

If anything did get released in Wuhan (though it all looks like a fabricated plot for population control and mass so called vaccines), then it was 99.9 percent guaranteed one of those former experiments. Likely released into the local water supply. The whole bat story was bullshit from day 1, they kept changing the date it supposedly happened. The world was duped by the media, who and world governments and they fell for it hook line and stinker.

Rainham

If scientists in 1945 could condition birds to successfully guild bombs.. Its very possible.

How did birds get bombs to join guilds? I agree that sounds remarkably tricky."

Google project pigeon - the farther of behaviourism B F skinner lead it.. it was amazing what he managed - but Churchill pulled it just as it was going to go a head. I think maybe his cognitive dissonance couldn’t allow him to reason with the possibility that birds could do it lol. You can’t blame him

This is getting so confusing. The bat story was bullshit? So bats shit bullshit? Or something? Where do morris dancers come into this? I bet those evil doers were up to no good in this somewhere.

"This is getting so confusing. The bat story was bullshit? So bats shit bullshit? Or something? Where do morris dancers come into this? I bet those evil doers were up to no good in this somewhere."

(that was a reply to a couple of posts back. In case this adds to confusion even more lol)

North West

Google project pigeon - the farther of behaviourism B F skinner lead it.. it was amazing what he managed - but Churchill pulled it just as it was going to go a head. I think maybe his cognitive dissonance couldn’t allow him to reason with the possibility that birds could do it lol. You can’t blame him "

Churchill pulled a project run by an American, in America?? Jeez, he got about, did old Winnie.

It was pulled because the National Defence Research Committee (an American organisation) thought it could spend its money better on projects more likely to succeed. The project was revived in 1948 but abandoned when it became obvious that electronically-guided missiles were found to be accurate and therefore there was no need for pigeon-guided missiles.

Google project pigeon - the farther of behaviourism B F skinner lead it.. it was amazing what he managed - but Churchill pulled it just as it was going to go a head. I think maybe his cognitive dissonance couldn’t allow him to reason with the possibility that birds could do it lol. You can’t blame him

Churchill pulled a project run by an American, in America?? Jeez, he got about, did old Winnie.

It was pulled because the National Defence Research Committee (an American organisation) thought it could spend its money better on projects more likely to succeed. The project was revived in 1948 but abandoned when it became obvious that electronically-guided missiles were found to be accurate and therefore there was no need for pigeon-guided missiles. "

They really shoulda called that 1 project birdbrain

Durham

Very few deaths.

All a complete con.

Sweden did very badly for covid deaths compared to its neighbors who had harsher lockdowns, Sweden did lock down in a fashion. Norway , Denmark and Finland had a lot less deaths. Also with regard to new Zealand and Sweden. Sweden had 10 times the covid deaths of new Zealand.

Really? "

Yes really. Covid deaths in Sweden 23500. new Zealand 3500, I known not 10x, they had less than 200 til they started to open up. Sweden did partially lock down and put measures in place especially after they messed up at the start. If you want to see what a country with no lockdown or measures in place the nearest you will get in Bulgaria and they did not do well at all.

Bellingham

Very few deaths.

All a complete con.

Really?

Yes really. Covid deaths in Sweden 23500. new Zealand 3500, I known not 10x, they had less than 200 til they started to open up. Sweden did partially lock down and put measures in place especially after they messed up at the start. If you want to see what a country with no lockdown or measures in place the nearest you will get in Bulgaria and they did not do well at all."

No, 23000 natural seasonal flu deaths like normal which is never even usually documented, but the people were lied to and tricked with false made up so called 'numbers'

Over here they constantly used the words 'the number is doubling'

To describe the latest so called variant they had fabricated. So work it 0. Double 0 is still 0. And the public still fell for Chris Shitty and the msm lies. I dread to think what other countries were like.

Now I know why my tinfoil shares rocketed today.

Jesus H Christ.

Do some of you actually read what you write?

Winston

Its been an interesting discussion everyone