FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > COVID

COVID

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's manageable now. Why the obsession? Do people love just living in the shadows of the past? You can't change it ..just learn and move on.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

Where is this obsession? Most people don’t care about covid now, and rightly so

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You'd have to ask those you know who have that issue.

It's still imposing major problems for many, who suffer with long Covid, potentially for months and years. The virus doesn't just impact health benignly either, comparable to the common cold. Its future variants may not be as kind, either.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

This seems an odd question to ask at a time when engagement in this forum has slowed significantly. Obsession not in evidence.

By *hippy57Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I tested positive yesterday,thought I had dodged the virus,I can say I have never felt so weak and lethargic ever,shivering ,slept all day,hence awake now

"You'd have to ask those you know who have that issue.

It's still imposing major problems for many, who suffer with long Covid, potentially for months and years. The virus doesn't just impact health benignly either, comparable to the common cold. Its future variants may not be as kind, either. "

My has and had 4 stents because of covid . He just moved on you can't change the outcome no matter how hard you try. So bitching about it solves what again ? What can you change? Nothing. The repercussions are there you just deal with it.

Husband

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I don't overly worry about it. However I am still testing weekly and more often currently as have symptoms.

I am up to date with my vaccines and still have to wear a mask at work. I still maintain good hand hygiene too x

But don't stress about it though

"I don't overly worry about it. However I am still testing weekly and more often currently as have symptoms.

I am up to date with my vaccines and still have to wear a mask at work. I still maintain good hand hygiene too x

But don't stress about it though "

Exactly you are rolling along as best as you could

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Is it manageable?

It is still the cause of a huge number of deaths. In children it is one of the main causes of death, if not the leading cause of death.

Should we not have concern when the average life expectancy is now falling, when for every year from 1950 through to 2019 average life expectancy was increasing?

Should we not have any concern when there are more children dying because of covid than because of almost any other reason?

Should we not be asking ourselves, asking the scientists, asking our governments - is there _ANYTHING_ that we could possibly do to protect ourselves, our families, our society better? Is there anything simple that we could possibly do? Is there anything we could possibly do without great expense? Is there anything that we could do without great inconvenience?

Because at present it seems to me that having people die or become incapacitated is somewhat of an inconvenience. Having people die or become incapacitated is somewhat expensive to our society. Having children die or become incapacitated is somewhat damaging to our families.

We now know an awful lot about covid. We can now judge risk factors. We can now assign costs to doing nothing, and balance this against the costs of various things that could be done. It is time for a grown up discussion, among ourselves, with the medical establishment, with governments.

Or should we just shrug our shoulders, declare that nothing is to be done, ignore whatever numbers of people die, just give up?

"Is it manageable?

It is still the cause of a huge number of deaths. In children it is one of the main causes of death, if not the leading cause of death.

Should we not have concern when the average life expectancy is now falling, when for every year from 1950 through to 2019 average life expectancy was increasing?

Should we not have any concern when there are more children dying because of covid than because of almost any other reason?

Should we not be asking ourselves, asking the scientists, asking our governments - is there _ANYTHING_ that we could possibly do to protect ourselves, our families, our society better? Is there anything simple that we could possibly do? Is there anything we could possibly do without great expense? Is there anything that we could do without great inconvenience?

Because at present it seems to me that having people die or become incapacitated is somewhat of an inconvenience. Having people die or become incapacitated is somewhat expensive to our society. Having children die or become incapacitated is somewhat damaging to our families.

We now know an awful lot about covid. We can now judge risk factors. We can now assign costs to doing nothing, and balance this against the costs of various things that could be done. It is time for a grown up discussion, among ourselves, with the medical establishment, with governments.

Or should we just shrug our shoulders, declare that nothing is to be done, ignore whatever numbers of people die, just give up? "

people die every day from other factors that have yet to be mitigated.what is the difference?

"Is it manageable?

Or should we just shrug our shoulders, declare that nothing is to be done, ignore whatever numbers of people die, just give up? people die every day from other factors that have yet to be mitigated.what is the difference?"

Cardio vascular is the number 1 cause worldwide.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Is it manageable?

Or should we just shrug our shoulders, declare that nothing is to be done, ignore whatever numbers of people die, just give up? people die every day from other factors that have yet to be mitigated.what is the difference? Cardio vascular is the number 1 cause worldwide. "

And for the last 70 years we have been continuously progressing in efforts to reduce all causes of death, with the effect that year on year your life expectancy increased. Yes people still died of cardio vascular diseases; but on average they lived longer, with a better quality of life, than their parents and grandparents did.

Now we seem to be suddenly saying, sorry kids, your lives are going to be shorter than your grandparents were, your health is going to be worse than your grandparents was. Tough shit kids.

And the reason you're going to have it worse kids, is that your parents couldn't be bothered. Because it would be inconvenient for us. Because we care less about the next generation, and the following generations, than we do about ourselves. Because it's easier to believe people that we _know_ are lying when they say we don't need to bother, than it is to believe people that we _know_ are telling the truth when they say we must do hard things.

By *obbymonkMan  over a year ago

york

I didn’t care about it in the first place as it was a pandemic of lies and propaganda by the media and the corrupt governments of the world

By *allguynowMan  over a year ago

durham

"I didn’t care about it in the first place as it was a pandemic of lies and propaganda by the media and the corrupt governments of the world "
so the people worldwide who died from it are just pretending to be dead. People suffering from longterm covid just pretending also. ??

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"It's manageable now. Why the obsession? Do people love just living in the shadows of the past? You can't change it ..just learn and move on. "

To be fair the only ones who still seem to be going on about it are the one's who have an anti establishment agenda posting anti vax and anti covid stuff trying to keep the rebellion relevant by regurgitating the same old guff.

I have no axe to grind as such as we are all entitled to our own opinion.

But it does annoy when they post factually incorrect stuff and hurtful comments about it being made up and a lie.

I for one have had lunch life altering after effects from having covid and the lack of sensitivity is staggering at times.

We all suffered during the lockdown and after but the way some go on its like we where held at gunpoint in our homes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Scamdemic over. Green agenda now.....

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Scamdemic over. Green agenda now....."

Green agenda predates covid… covid rather screwed up the green agenda!

» Add a new message to this topic