FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Maybe it's time

Maybe it's time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

To change this section name from virus to either viruses or general health?

Still keep virus chat but also discusses other health issues?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I've seen a few non virus, medical posts recently so health or medical would be good. Might encourage people to talk about "stuff"

couple, us we him her.

"I've seen a few non virus, medical posts recently so health or medical would be good. Might encourage people to talk about "stuff" "

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

The main problem would be that anyone wanting advice/info about anything medical would have to wade through all the conspiracy shit to get to it.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"The main problem would be that anyone wanting advice/info about anything medical would have to wade through all the conspiracy shit to get to it."

Anyone wanting information or advice on anything medical, shouldn't be consulting random strangers from a swinging site

couple, us we him her.

"The main problem would be that anyone wanting advice/info about anything medical would have to wade through all the conspiracy shit to get to it.

Anyone wanting information or advice on anything medical, shouldn't be consulting random strangers from a swinging site "

No obviously.

But some people find it quite cathartic talking about certain issues as for the main part it's anonymous .

Just talking rather than advice,I think people realise that it's not WebMD

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes. I think it is time for that too, how about health and wellbeing?

Falkirk

"The main problem would be that anyone wanting advice/info about anything medical would have to wade through all the conspiracy shit to get to it.

Anyone wanting information or advice on anything medical, shouldn't be consulting random strangers from a swinging site

No obviously.

But some people find it quite cathartic talking about certain issues as for the main part it's anonymous .

Just talking rather than advice,I think people realise that it's not WebMD "

I agree, some people feel better opening up anonymously, but on the flip side, some people just love the drama of projecting thier opinions regardless if it's factually correct or not.

Sexual health, yes it is directly associated with the site, anything beyond that will just be open to speculation and guessing.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No obviously.

I agree, some people feel better opening up anonymously, but on the flip side, some people just love the drama of projecting thier opinions regardless if it's factually correct or not.

Sexual health, yes it is directly associated with the site, anything beyond that will just be open to speculation and guessing.

"

I've seen some astonishing misinformation around sexual health put forward as fact on here.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

https://m.fabswingers.com/content/sexual-health.html

The above is at the bottom of the account page too. It gives links to useful information

Falkirk

No obviously.

I've seen some astonishing misinformation around sexual health put forward as fact on here. "

Exactly my point.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think this remains useful as a quarantine section, as it were.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

No obviously.

"

In that case why is this section even here?

It’s ok to spread misinformation about Covid, but no other health issues?!

Falkirk

No obviously.

It’s ok to spread misinformation about Covid, but no other health issues?!"

At what point did I state we should keep the virus forum?

As other's have suggested, it could be turned into a general health forum, however this would still allow folks to "advise" on subjects that should be dealt with by health professionals.

By *.T.Man  over a year ago

Visiting Belfast

Keep the section active.

It provides a useful filter

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No obviously.

It’s ok to spread misinformation about Covid, but no other health issues?!"

I'm not sure that genie can be put back in the bottle, to be honest

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Having a rethink about the Forum subsections is good at any point. Rather than doing it reactively, such as when a new major talking point arises, or an issue that affects swinging or general life, wanes, it seems better for this to be driven by overall needs, more objectively.

Covid has been helped by having milder variants of late. This may not be the case for some time down the line, when it may impose other issues. I'd retain it as it is, whilst we still have a substantial amount of people inactive from the workforce and society, due to ill health. Long Covid is very much a major problem for thousands, without speedy resolution.

We should continue to debate the forum subtopics overall, not just from within a part of the forum used by a tiny minority of Fab users.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"I think this remains useful as a quarantine section, as it were."

Definitely

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I think this remains useful as a quarantine section, as it were.

Definitely "

Very true. And it might as well be renamed: virus & conspiracy theory section.

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"To change this section name from virus to either viruses or general health?

Still keep virus chat but also discusses other health issues?"

Always amazes me how some people just can't let others discuss what they want to discuss just because they dont want to partake.

» Add a new message to this topic