FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Fooled by someone you thought was genuine

Fooled by someone you thought was genuine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *3xymama OP   Woman  over a year ago

Uptown Top Ranking

So, how many of you have been fooled by someone you thought was genuine?

I have been friends with a guy on here for approximately 8 years. Haven't met to play since covid although we have kept in touch.

Yesterday while scrolling through book of the face I saw this guy's wedding photos, the wedding had been on Thursday.

He had led me to believe he was single/just out of an unhappy relationship.

I feel such a fool for having believed him and this will now make me very untrusting of others.

No fool like an old fool as the saying goes

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *L93Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

That's a shame, happens quite a bit on here unfortunately.

Worst one I've had is a single guy posing as a couple. Usually you can figure out who's genuine and not after few messages though!

By *ory_xWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way Syndey

That's awful! It must of been such a shock babes.

I've met guys on here for a social that reckoned they were single but I found out they weren't. It's in my profile I don't meet cheaters, only ethical non monogamists. I won't be deceived so gave them a bollocking and block them for it.

Uptown Top Ranking

"That's awful! It must of been such a shock babes.

I've met guys on here for a social that reckoned they were single but I found out they weren't. It's in my profile I don't meet cheaters, only ethical non monogamists. I won't be deceived so gave them a bollocking and block them for it. "

The thing that has pissed me off mostly is that I thought we were good mates after 8 years. Only organised social events for me from now on... won't be so trusting again

By *ory_xWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way Syndey

Dont let one lying devious cockwomble spoil it for genuine guys but I can understand organised socials. I do prefer them as a lot safer

By *ust P3achyWoman  over a year ago

Lost in the Valleys

I've been caught out like that many times over the years, some men & women just aren't able to be real, this is all just fantasy for them. I no longer get into the status of people I meet, I'm no longer concerned anout their lives beyond the time their with me. You're right though Mama, it leaves you feeling jaded when it's someone you thought you knew X

By *ubyRichardsWoman  over a year ago

swansea

Unfortunately you’ll find that there are quite a lot of pathological liars about and on here. It can leave you feeling very deflated. I hope you’re ok x

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

Yeah, by the bitch who sent a photo into my company head office of me doing a stir fry in guys thong, marked for the attention of the MD, with the word's written on the back, "This is what he is doing when he supposed to be working," All because I told her where to go when she wanted baling out financially.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I could write a book about what happened to me. Taught me the very hard way not to believe anything anyone on here ever tells you.

By *ust-a-GuyMan  over a year ago

There is a lady on here, her profile says that she's discrete and discretion assured.

A while ago her status said that she'd showed a picture of a potential meet and he was spoken for. Not exactly discrete if she's showing pics to friends.

By *artlewMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

Trust your gut from now on , not everyone deserves to be mistrusted

By *nique_GymMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Very good friend of mine met a bloke off here, at a social. I genuinely sensed something wasn’t right but she ignored all my raised concerns. Approximately 9 months into their relationship he tells her he is married and has a couple of children lol. He stayed weekends with her, took her away camping etc.

Just incase you are wondering he was going to leave his wife for 18 months after this lol still with the poor wife and trying to get my friend back so ‘when he does leave’ she is waiting for him. Pathological liar is a term that doesn’t do him justice really (hope you are reading this) lol

By *ojoWoman  over a year ago

Antarctica

I have learned the very hard way to trust my gut; we are conditioned out of using our intuition as a guide, when in actual fact, it is a sensitive, accurate instrument that is simple to use.

Failure to hear the voice within lead to devastation in my life.

I now listen to myself, and have stopped ignoring the red flags.

By *oobyliciousnessWoman  over a year ago

outside Llanelli.

I recently had a great social meet with a guy from here, we had spoken for a while before the social then afterwards via WhatsApp. I then upgraded my phone and had to link my contacts to my Facebook and surprise surprise he popped up on my people I may know with a profile picture on his wedding day. The wife he had said had sadly passed away a few years ago.

Bye bye.

We were talking to what we thought was a girl, I double checked her profile pics and realised it was a fake profile. In one pic she had birthmarks and in the other none, plus other contradictory marks. Reported her for having a fake profile, then we got a message telling us off for saying to her she was fake and she’s still on here!!! Do they care if it’s fake as long as they pay?????

Uptown Top Ranking

I'm no longer angry. Just disappointed now. After 8 years I thought there was an element of trust. I didn't want anything from this guy or anyone else on fab. Just wanted honesty.

I'm an open book and I thought I was a good judge of character.

I hope whoever else has been let down/duped by someone on here is OK though

By *aiharderMan  over a year ago

Morristown

shock horror, people lie on a swingers site lol

By *ust P3achyWoman  over a year ago

Lost in the Valleys

"shock horror, people lie on a swingers site lol"

It's a sad reality but I approach everyone as though they're not genuine, until I'm shown otherwise. It's served me well over the years X

Me and my ex were on here as a couple previously. I had suspicions she had a thing for a guy on here, eventually we split up but she denied ever cheating or seeing him. I rejoined as a single male only to come across a single female profile which turned out to be her with blatant public verifications left with this other guy I had suspicions of!

"shock horror, people lie on a swingers site lol"

Can’t wait for your next meet to turn out to be a 25 stone 70 year old when you expect a slim young lady. What goes around mate.

"shock horror, people lie on a swingers site lol

It's a sad reality but I approach everyone as though they're not genuine, until I'm shown otherwise. It's served me well over the years X"

This!!

By *almprintsWoman  over a year ago

Organising fun and chaos in West

"shock horror, people lie on a swingers site lol

Can’t wait for your next meet to turn out to be a 25 stone 70 year old when you expect a slim young lady. What goes around mate."

Seriously? Whats that about?

By *edi123Couple  over a year ago

aberystwyth

Not sure why people would find the need to lie as the majority would be found out, it’s quite sad really they aren’t aren’t happy with themselves or situation that they feel the need to do so.

By *olf and RedCouple  over a year ago

Nr Cardiff or at Chams Darlaston

We were threatened to be outed as swingers by someone we had met socially and I’d messaged with on our joint profile for a fair amount of time.

I’ve also been lied to about someone’s relationship status, only finding out when his partner called me. Some people are just very convincing in their version of the truth.

Gut instinct is generally a good barometer and we use that a lot.

Red

By *uck fuck queenWoman  over a year ago

SWANSEA

It's the only thing I ever ask guys to be honest about. I know when they are lying too - been here too long. I don't care about their relationship status but I ask them to be honest as I don't want their shit on my doorstep. You know if their partner found out, you would be guilty and not the partner. It takes two to tango!!!

By *ewgirlontheblockWoman  over a year ago

sexy town

"It's the only thing I ever ask guys to be honest about. I know when they are lying too - been here too long. I don't care about their relationship status but I ask them to be honest as I don't want their shit on my doorstep. You know if their partner found out, you would be guilty and not the partner. It takes two to tango!!!

"

This ^^^

By *iss MaverickWoman  over a year ago

Porthcawl

I've met guys on here for a social that reckoned they were single but I found out they weren't. It's in my profile I don't meet cheaters, only ethical non monogamists. I won't be deceived so gave them a bollocking and block them for it.

The thing that has pissed me off mostly is that I thought we were good mates after 8 years. Only organised social events for me from now on... won't be so trusting again "

sadly I think socials can be the same. Face ache often surprises me with fabbers, which I find slightly disconcerting as there’s no link and often no phone number either.. it’s a shame that even in this capacity, some people can’t be their authentic selves. He clearly has significant unmet needs and/or trauma, which has resulted in his need to create a double life over a sustained period of time.

I absolutely hate liars and manipulators, but unfortunately they are quick to garner sympathy and understanding, so I hope he doesn’t his way back in the little I know of you, you are a strong resilient woman, and he won’t get the better of you for long x

"That's a shame, happens quite a bit on here unfortunately.

Worst one I've had is a single guy posing as a couple. Usually you can figure out who's genuine and not after few messages though!"

I’ve had that happen several times. As you say you can soon spot them.

Uptown Top Ranking

The thing that has pissed me off mostly is that I thought we were good mates after 8 years. Only organised social events for me from now on... won't be so trusting again sadly I think socials can be the same. Face ache often surprises me with fabbers, which I find slightly disconcerting as there’s no link and often no phone number either.. it’s a shame that even in this capacity, some people can’t be their authentic selves. He clearly has significant unmet needs and/or trauma, which has resulted in his need to create a double life over a sustained period of time.

I absolutely hate liars and manipulators, but unfortunately they are quick to garner sympathy and understanding, so I hope he doesn’t his way back in the little I know of you, you are a strong resilient woman, and he won’t get the better of you for long x "

Thank you for that.

He won't get anywhere with me again. But he's still on here. Put his profile as visible again. He's obviously seen my recent status and this thread possibly and has now blocked me lol... (I had a friend check and see if his profile was still on here)

I just think he's a total ar*ehole! How can he even do this to his wife? Who he only married on Thursday

I chatted with a woman on another app who was using fake pics. After chatting for a long time over the phone she came out and admited it wasn't her in the profile.

By *ackInBlackMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

As an ex chat room moderator it is 100% my belief that Admin are only in it for the money that silver and gold memberships bring in. Sadly

"We were talking to what we thought was a girl, I double checked her profile pics and realised it was a fake profile. In one pic she had birthmarks and in the other none, plus other contradictory marks. Reported her for having a fake profile, then we got a message telling us off for saying to her she was fake and she’s still on here!!! Do they care if it’s fake as long as they pay?????"

By *ite -meWoman  over a year ago

my house

"As an ex chat room moderator it is 100% my belief that Admin are only in it for the money that silver and gold memberships bring in. Sadly

We were talking to what we thought was a girl, I double checked her profile pics and realised it was a fake profile. In one pic she had birthmarks and in the other none, plus other contradictory marks. Reported her for having a fake profile, then we got a message telling us off for saying to her she was fake and she’s still on here!!! Do they care if it’s fake as long as they pay?????"

By *assy girl86Woman  over a year ago

Swansea

Yep it’s happened to me many of times.

Saying they are single but something at the pit of my stomach saying otherwise. Then I have mutual friends on Facebook or friend suggestions then bang. Penny drops. Or I see him come into my place of work with his family!! It sucks!!

By *arberellasswimsuitCouple  over a year ago

hengoed

"So, how many of you have been fooled by someone you thought was genuine?

I have been friends with a guy on here for approximately 8 years. Haven't met to play since covid although we have kept in touch.

Yesterday while scrolling through book of the face I saw this guy's wedding photos, the wedding had been on Thursday.

He had led me to believe he was single/just out of an unhappy relationship.

I feel such a fool for having believed him and this will now make me very untrusting of others.

No fool like an old fool as the saying goes "

why does it matter ??

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

If he was just out of a relationship 8 years ago isnt it possible he has just met someone more recently and married them?

If you havent seen much of him last few years he might not feel its necessary to keep you updated with his shagging exploits

» Add a new message to this topic