FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > To old for Chic at the Va

To old for Chic at the Va

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ells6771 OP   Couple  over a year ago

beccles

So there we where planning a trip to Va are club of choice , looked at the site and noted a Chic event so fired away an email enquiring about tickets only to be told we are at 50 and 53 in good shape and order to old to attend .. Now I’ve heard rumours that Va can be a little stuck up but having never experienced it we where somewhat taken aback by such a response .. I’d be interested in your views on such a rebuff because it’s not sitting well with us .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nlyfun3Woman  over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

Interested in any response to this x

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I can appreciate your feeling knocked back, we would to. However, looking at the fab profile, they are quite clear that they vet everyone and have their own set of expectations on what they want people to look like. They mention age capping and looking at the veri’s they do all appear to be from 20-40ish people.

Its a shame as I assume its a well run and fun event, but we would never support or attend an event that excluded people on that criteria even if we fit them ourselves.

By *ayandCouple  over a year ago

biggleswade

Chic events rules are separate to The V A . as Chic run the night unfortunately their rules are their rules .I’m with you that clubs are always inclusive but if the criteria doesn’t match pick another night as it is an amazing club and they would welcome you with open arms

By *teed99Man  over a year ago

Kettering

CHIC Parties are held at The Vanilla Alternative but are organised by CHIC Events who are responsible for ticket sales.

beccles

I can appreciate your views , House rules etc .. If it where white people only would that be ok to ? Sexism racisim ageism elitism . Mmm not so sure . Yes could pick another night difficult though getting the stars to line up to go in the first place . Perhaps VA should give its members whom support it at other times preference ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are plenty of other club nights to choose from, just head somewhere else.

There are parties aimed at 40+ age group too at various clubs. I think it's good that clubs put on a variety of nights to appeal to a broad clientele - interracial, BBW, bi, t-girl, older, younger. Choose what fits you and your interests

By *ovediamondsCouple  over a year ago

Near Huntingdon

"I can appreciate your views , House rules etc .. If it where white people only would that be ok to ? Sexism racisim ageism elitism . Mmm not so sure . Yes could pick another night difficult though getting the stars to line up to go in the first place . Perhaps VA should give its members whom support it at other times preference ? "

It isn’t sexism, racism, ageism so that’s an irrelevant statement and if I was connected with VA I’d be a bit miffed at a member who loves the place making a comment like that. I understand you want to put your opinion across but VA hire out the club to Chic and if a Chic party has rules, that’s their prerogative. If on a regular VA night you were refused entry due to age, race or sex that’s a different matter. VA asking Chic to bend their rules for a couple because that’s the only night they’re free? What’s the point of rules in the first place? We’ve not gone on certain nights because the event didn’t fit with our preferences or their rules so hopefully you can find a night that fits or go to another club xx

(Were is changing to where, too to to & our to are in your posts, damned autocorrect)

By *andt1905Couple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We got told the same thing 2yrs ago.....

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

If we had no rules where would we be? France! If we had too many rules where would we be? Germany!

So be happy that we have some rules and remain British! .

By *unnyNLoverboy79Couple  over a year ago

Shipdham

Looking great for your age

Our very first visit to VA a couple of years ago was a Chic party, and age wasn’t an issue and we had a great time, more recently age was an issue. That night we went to Jaydees instead and still had a great time. It stung a bit and left a bit of a bad taste. We do like VA and still go, all I would say to those imposing such limits is you will be over 50 one day!

By *irtySekretsCouple  over a year ago

Filthy Desires Upon Trent

You can do nothing about it and yes it hurts feelings.

But hey! Remember you are sexy and age is a number.

It does sound like they only want the “beautiful” people to attend xxx

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I wouldn't want to go to an event aimed at younger people.

I've been to normal clubs that are 35+ and doubt 20 somethings would want to be there.

What you really need to appreciate is age is also a sexual preference. It's why MILF nights and club nights like CHIC or Fever exist. People have greatly varied sexual preferences and having a variety of nights means there is something for everyone.

"I can appreciate your views , House rules etc .. If it where white people only would that be ok to ? Sexism racisim ageism elitism . Mmm not so sure . Yes could pick another night difficult though getting the stars to line up to go in the first place . Perhaps VA should give its members whom support it at other times preference ?

It isn’t sexism, racism, ageism so that’s an irrelevant statement and if I was connected with VA I’d be a bit miffed at a member who loves the place making a comment like that. I understand you want to put your opinion across but VA hire out the club to Chic and if a Chic party has rules, that’s their prerogative. If on a regular VA night you were refused entry due to age, race or sex that’s a different matter. VA asking Chic to bend their rules for a couple because that’s the only night they’re free? What’s the point of rules in the first place? We’ve not gone on certain nights because the event didn’t fit with our preferences or their rules so hopefully you can find a night that fits or go to another club xx

(Were is changing to where, too to to & our to are in your posts, damned autocorrect) "

"What you really need to appreciate is age is also a sexual preference. It's why MILF nights and club nights like CHIC or Fever exist. People have greatly varied sexual preferences and having a variety of nights means there is something for everyone. "

Totally agree

beccles

Thankyou all , and yes while disappointment at the time I accept the various points of view , perhaps a slightly knee jerk reaction from myself . If I caused offense to VA i apploigise and I’m sure we will be back at some point in the future .

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"So there we where planning a trip to Va are club of choice , looked at the site and noted a Chic event so fired away an email enquiring about tickets only to be told we are at 50 and 53 in good shape and order to old to attend .. Now I’ve heard rumours that Va can be a little stuck up but having never experienced it we where somewhat taken aback by such a response .. I’d be interested in your views on such a rebuff because it’s not sitting well with us . "

Ok so I’ll respond to this one as I have some experience of chic events (or one of them at least)

I went at the age of about 50 - at that time I was a size 10-12 and constantly on page 1 of hot photos - which is, I imagine, why I was invited along to the event. When I got there I found I was the oldest by about 10 years and that - although a few people were polite enough to chat to me - most weren’t.

I thought the club itself was great but didn’t enjoy that particular night/event as I felt ancient.

So what I’m saying is - even if you went to the event you’d probably feel that - like I did - you stick out like a sore thumb!

It’s a great club and I’d strongly suggest going - but on an evening that isn’t aimed at a younger demographic.

Hope this helps

Peachy xx

By *portyndNaughtyMan  over a year ago

Nearby Hinckley

"So there we where planning a trip to Va are club of choice , looked at the site and noted a Chic event so fired away an email enquiring about tickets only to be told we are at 50 and 53 in good shape and order to old to attend .. Now I’ve heard rumours that Va can be a little stuck up but having never experienced it we where somewhat taken aback by such a response .. I’d be interested in your views on such a rebuff because it’s not sitting well with us .

Ok so I’ll respond to this one as I have some experience of chic events (or one of them at least)

I went at the age of about 50 - at that time I was a size 10-12 and constantly on page 1 of hot photos - which is, I imagine, why I was invited along to the event. When I got there I found I was the oldest by about 10 years and that - although a few people were polite enough to chat to me - most weren’t.

I thought the club itself was great but didn’t enjoy that particular night/event as I felt ancient.

So what I’m saying is - even if you went to the event you’d probably feel that - like I did - you stick out like a sore thumb!

It’s a great club and I’d strongly suggest going - but on an evening that isn’t aimed at a younger demographic.

Hope this helps

Peachy xx"

Interesting experience. I went to one of the top club events last week catered for hotwives. Although a substantial percentage was in the age bracket CHIC is targeting the organisers included a selected number of single men and were very inclusive having a good mix of people ranging from early 20s to 60s. It was a brilliant night everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I guess it narrows to the type of people who are selected for the guest list. Personally, I never apply for events that select people based on gender, colour, race or age. Obviously as human beings we have our sexual preferences and I assume the organisers have loyal followers and stick to them.

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 21/09/21 12:26:26]

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"So there we where planning a trip to Va are club of choice , looked at the site and noted a Chic event so fired away an email enquiring about tickets only to be told we are at 50 and 53 in good shape and order to old to attend .. Now I’ve heard rumours that Va can be a little stuck up but having never experienced it we where somewhat taken aback by such a response .. I’d be interested in your views on such a rebuff because it’s not sitting well with us . "

I think first and foremost guys, just remember you’re beautiful, very much part of this wonderful diverse and liberal lifestyle, and don’t take events with a criteria to heart.

I can vouch that the Chic organisers are lovely people and wouldn’t intend to offend or upset.

In swinger and vanilla life, there is marketing and as with any themed parties/events, it is targeted. It drives an event to have a small group of people in the same boat together to ensure it meets their criteria to enjoy.

If this is what the attendees are predominately going for, then you wouldn’t fit that criteria and as such you probably wouldn’t enjoy the event.

There are parties that we would be welcome to and meet the criteria, but haven’t attended as it wasn’t our thing. It could be something as little as a 70s themed party versus an 80s themed. I might like 80s music but not like 70s so pointless attending something not created for me.

This is the same with a greedy girls event. It’s got a specific market.

It may be your preference at 50+ that you prefer to be in the vicinity of a younger audience (and there will be younger swingers that enjoy the older age groups).

With this in mind, try a Youthful Exuberance party at Xtasia when they’re on. It’s aimed at under 40s, but it does welcome 40+. I’m very sure you’ll have a blast.

You could also try the Naughties Party at Liberty Elite.

I hope that gives you something to consider and enjoy.

And if you haven’t been to VA, then make sure you put it on your list for another night. It’s a great place.

There’s far too much choice to enjoy to be miffed at not being at one particular event.

Have fun x

By *ral_isthenewblackMan  over a year ago

london

The older the better... dont stress.. we still love u as yr pics are hot..

Slightly off topic but we are going to milf club@VA tommorrow. All of you oap are welcome to join us in a hot tub

On a serious note its a good club and staff are very friendly. We never had any issues on nights we have been to and always had lots of fun.

By *uffnmuffCouple  over a year ago

London

VA is a great club we go there often try a different event at VA I am sure you will have a great time. As for Chic we went once and would never go again I could go on but I will leave it here haha.

We’re just putting the last coat of varnish on our coffins, yep know what you mean but let us fossils stay positive

Prestonish

"So there we where planning a trip to Va are club of choice , looked at the site and noted a Chic event so fired away an email enquiring about tickets only to be told we are at 50 and 53 in good shape and order to old to attend .. Now I’ve heard rumours that Va can be a little stuck up but having never experienced it we where somewhat taken aback by such a response .. I’d be interested in your views on such a rebuff because it’s not sitting well with us .

We’re just putting the last coat of varnish on our coffins, yep know what you mean but let us fossils stay positive "

Well you both look bloody good to me! Can I climb in the coffin with you?

We’re just putting the last coat of varnish on our coffins, yep know what you mean but let us fossils stay positive

Well you both look bloody good to me! Can I climb in the coffin with you? "

Thank you I’ll budge up x

By *arte_Blanche_NECouple  over a year ago

Northern

Every club has different themed nights that fit different people’s preferences, we were at Chic at the weekend and the club and the running of the event was definitely the best we’ve been to so far. Wouldn’t say anyone was stuck up at all either, we travelled all the way from the north east and felt more than welcome from the minute we walked in the door to leaving.

Mr

Prestonish

Every club has different themed nights that fit different people’s preferences, we were at Chic at the weekend and the club and the running of the event was definitely the best we’ve been to so far. Wouldn’t say anyone was stuck up at all either, we travelled all the way from the north east and felt more than welcome from the minute we walked in the door to leaving.

Mr "

I’m not surprised my lovely - if you’re even half as hot as your partner I imagine you’d be welcomed anywhere!

What I meant in my earlier comment is that it’s horses for courses - at 50 I was ‘too old’ for the event and therefore was out of most people’s age range. You don’t go to a party designed for young, attractive people and look for a granny to fuck!

I liked the club itself and have been since and enjoyed it.

Tbh I actually think there’d be a case for doing an event for ‘well turned out’ (or whatever the current phrase is) 40+ year olds - I’d definitely be interested in that - be nice to feel young for a change!

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

I’ve also been interested in Chic but I am definitely too old for it. Which is a shame, since I’ve met a few couples who have been to several events and they are in their 30s and keen to see me but it’s their preference and rules. *insert shrugging emoji here*

By *ecretpassion100Couple  over a year ago

Walsall

Oh dear me that means we're relegated to the 2nd division on nearly 500 verifications ..how will we cope ...simple choose another night va is ace xx

By *itsalena2Couple  over a year ago

Kent

We’ve actually attended 5 Chic nights in the past when it was at its original club

And we must say the host through a fantastic party with lots of hot people , but we all get older and we decide that the age range didn’t work for us so we found different nights for us as well

But it shows how good the hosts is with how Chic has managed to last the time and still be very popular

Keep up the good work Mrs Deviant

Love the Tits x

» Add a new message to this topic