FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Anyone been out for a ride

Anyone been out for a ride

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So what’s the general opinion on going for a short ride to ease the strain of being stuck in

Total no go or has anyone been out ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reenlanerCouple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Nothing wrong using it as transport to the shops or work

By *uzyamCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

We've nipped out a few times on ours for essentials

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"So what’s the general opinion on going for a short ride to ease the strain of being stuck in

Total no go or has anyone been out ??? "

All sounds great till something goes tits up. Then you need Ambulance, paramedic, maybe air ambulance and you are not even off the road or out the hedge yet. Off to Hospital amongst the covid 19 outbreak and take the doctors away from saving their lives and all because someone is bored and thinks what harm will it do.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So what’s the general opinion on going for a short ride to ease the strain of being stuck in

All sounds great till something goes tits up. Then you need Ambulance, paramedic, maybe air ambulance and you are not even off the road or out the hedge yet. Off to Hospital amongst the covid 19 outbreak and take the doctors away from saving their lives and all because someone is bored and thinks what harm will it do..... "

Ok if commuting, but to be honest wouldn't chance it

Motorcycle bump last weekend, the helimed wasn't available as one of the crew self isolated that shift

So casualty had to wait for ambulance

Plus people are catching Covid when in hospital

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

Just stay home and polish it again

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Well I'm commuting every day. Only 5 miles each way and loving it.

A couple of times I've taken the 10 mile route home. It's great with not much traffic.

I know accidents can happen anytime, anywhere to anyone. I've been road riding for 40 years and the last time I fell off a road bike I was in my early twenties.

The risk is definitely there but I think it's quite small. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be regretting posting this.

By *tooleMan  over a year ago

Munster

Before the restrictions came in I picked up an crf450x in the UK and brought it home to Ireland. I've been out the last 3/4 evenings. Was nice to blow off the cobwebs

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I also have a Beta 300 X Trainer, it's ready to go as soon as the lock down is lifted

Durham

[Removed by poster at 22/04/20 12:06:37]

Durham

"Before the restrictions came in I picked up an crf450x in the UK and brought it home to Ireland. I've been out the last 3/4 evenings. Was nice to blow off the cobwebs "

Can't convince stupid people to Stay Home

Durham

"Well I'm commuting every day. Only 5 miles each way and loving it.

A couple of times I've taken the 10 mile route home. It's great with not much traffic.

I know accidents can happen anytime, anywhere to anyone. I've been road riding for 40 years and the last time I fell off a road bike I was in my early twenties.

The risk is definitely there but I think it's quite small. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be regretting posting this. "

We are sure all will be good. If you have to commute, you have to be out. Doesn't matter what transport people are using for essential travel just need to be careful out there. Stay Safe

Only a short trip to the shop

Been using the bikes for travel to work. Blowing the cobwebs off them and charging the batteries.

All sounds great till something goes tits up. Then you need Ambulance, paramedic, maybe air ambulance and you are not even off the road or out the hedge yet. Off to Hospital amongst the covid 19 outbreak and take the doctors away from saving their lives and all because someone is bored and thinks what harm will it do..... "

Totally Agree with you,mine has only been out of the garage to be cleaned since this all kicked of,unless it's your only mode of transport for work or can't walk to get groceries then they are all total nobs.

Out most days, love it

I've been out 3 times in about 6 weeks and was worth every minute for my mental health even if the runs weren't very long, and tbh saved me fuel using the bike as opposed to the car just to pick up a few messages and medicine

By *rincess and her FrogCouple  over a year ago

congleton

Been out for essentials like milk etc on it but that is all. On the bright side I’m getting about 5 weeks to the gallon so far

I went out few days ago police everywhere. I'm on a 2 stroke so was instantly pulled over. Be careful all have a good excuse lol

Ride to work the long way round

Currently sun bathing with mine in the garden, only way I can heat soak the new tyres at the moment

[Removed by poster at 24/04/20 21:40:40]

By *edsguyMan  over a year ago

south of Bedford

Using my bike every day for the commute to work, keeps me sane

agree I am on the A96 and the bikers I have seen are not going shopping they are the niners racing up the road...if they are going shopping it aint for a weeks shop... ok some may be using as transport but why the fuck do you need to go so fast on roads that have little traffic on. that very fact makes some road users fall into a sense of security , cut corners and cut your life. I ride when I can but im not going to risk using g resources that could be used else ware ....come on folks we bikers are a great bunch when we think of others...I may take a breath now if thats ok...xxx stay the fuck home and take care xx

I have a harley and I take it out once a week to get shopping got stopped once, ended up chatti g to the police officer about bikes apparently he has one and a real enthusiast. Lol, however on a serious noteso many nutters taking advantage of quiet roads to use them like race tracks, one idiot next to me at the lights sat revving his engine.. Then screeched off expecting me to race him, been a couple of accidents due to them..

By *scarwilde1330Couple  over a year ago

Warrington

I live next to the East lancs A580

Bikes going up and down all the time

I only get to ride mine commuting

Cannot wait till it's all over to get a decent ride

[Removed by poster at 30/04/20 12:52:09]

I went out for some essentials when I got the bike back together after fitting my new forks ??

By *ave 42Man  over a year ago

pontefract

Have just finished repairing bike and would love to take it for a spin

Not been out on it since Xmas so another few weeks or months isn’t gunna hurt

By *ikercouple76Couple  over a year ago

West Stow

Wish I did not need to commute on mine during these times 600 miles a week is a lot of risk. Then we get the few who wants a jolly. It's not worth it.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

If you miss getting out for a drive/ride do what I've done and volunteer I'm a large area... I'm covering about 20miles in most directions. So get to go out ( okay not got a bike these days so its only in the car) but its lifted my mood no end

Although I'm being extra careful with my driving so I dont have a bump.. ohhh and there seem to be lots more idiots out there current who think lockdown means no traffic police.

So if you go out be careful.

But you could help someone else and get out on your bikes

By *heShyBiCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I'm still in work full time and when the weather has been good I've been on the bike, still gives me the sense of freedom and my mental health a nice little boost. Less risk of a slide because roads and tyres are grippy. Been past loads of cops and they haven't even looked at me in all honesty. Possibly because I'm wearing a backpack with my stuff in, possibly.

Saying that, I do live in a town where there are lots of bikers. The road at the other side of the train line you can hear them going up and down most hours of the day and has always been a place for chavs on their 125's showing off to the queues at aldi that they're able to twist their right wrist 90 degrees. Some guy in his mid 20s a couple of weeks ago lost his life as he was going up and down the road trying to jump the speed bump on a 125, landed with the bars crossed and went into a house. I walked past the house a couple of days later and it was a loooooong distance away from the speedbump so he was going some. Air ambulance came and shut off the engine.

I went out yesterday for an hour, defo needed it for my mental health because physically though I'm in agony today but so worth it, really not feeling well at the minute and maintaining my mental health is priority as can't manage a hospital visit this year under circumstances and don't think kids would cope if I was admitted for a week to go on a drip with antibiotics

By *lyn2000Man  over a year ago

london

I rode my bike to work today,put a big smile on my face

By *hromosexualsCouple  over a year ago

Near Abercynon

"If you miss getting out for a drive/ride do what I've done and volunteer I'm a large area... I'm covering about 20miles in most directions. So get to go out ( okay not got a bike these days so its only in the car) but its lifted my mood no end

Although I'm being extra careful with my driving so I dont have a bump.. ohhh and there seem to be lots more idiots out there current who think lockdown means no traffic police.

So if you go out be careful.

But you could help someone else and get out on your bikes "

This is what I’ve done. I’m not riding for pleasure at the moment but yesterday I was part of a relay ride getting urgent PPE from the South coast to the midlands. A top day out

» Add a new message to this topic