FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > TT 2021

TT 2021

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and B OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

Our Email came through today to carry over our 2020 booking over to 2021. We now sail from Heysham Thursday 3rd June 2021. Lets hope the World is a safer place by the time TT 2021 comes around.

Post your meets and general TT stuff here for 2021 TT.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Only 12 months 3 weeks and 4 sleeps??

Exciting

Durham

"Only 12 months 3 weeks and 4 sleeps??

Exciting "

We aren't counting either

By *redator888Couple  over a year ago

barnsley

We have got our tickets for 2021 now hope it is bad weather this year that would make it a bit better hope to see you all next year

Bucket list. I really should go before I'm much older. Used to be able to see the Isle of Man from where I lived in D&G, a lifetime ago

It's on our bucket list too!

If it's on your bucket list then you should really book up. Treat yourself and get it ticked off x

Durham

"Bucket list. I really should go before I'm much older. Used to be able to see the Isle of Man from where I lived in D&G, a lifetime ago "

Log into Steam Packet ferry Monday 25th this month at 8.30am and get booked for 2021. That.s when the rest of the available sailings go on sale. We are booked as our 2020 booking has been carried over to next year like a number of other folk that were booked to go in 3 to 4 weeks time

"Bucket list. I really should go before I'm much older. Used to be able to see the Isle of Man from where I lived in D&G, a lifetime ago

Log into Steam Packet ferry Monday 25th this month at 8.30am and get booked for 2021. That.s when the rest of the available sailings go on sale. We are booked as our 2020 booking has been carried over to next year like a number of other folk that were booked to go in 3 to 4 weeks time "

What do you do for accommodation?

Camp?

And do you ride over, or drive?

It can be a costly affair I'm sure.

Durham

"Bucket list. I really should go before I'm much older. Used to be able to see the Isle of Man from where I lived in D&G, a lifetime ago

Log into Steam Packet ferry Monday 25th this month at 8.30am and get booked for 2021. That.s when the rest of the available sailings go on sale. We are booked as our 2020 booking has been carried over to next year like a number of other folk that were booked to go in 3 to 4 weeks time

Camp?

It can be a costly affair I'm sure. "

We stay with a friend who lives there. We used to camp, always recommend Douglas Rugby Club as its close to Douglas centre and the amenities are brilliant. Cost is pretty good too. Find them on the net to book. Ferry is the costly bit, about £300 ish for bike and rider. Well worth the Holiday and very addictive which is why we have been going every year for over 20 years now

Camp?

We stay with a friend who lives there. We used to camp, always recommend Douglas Rugby Club as its close to Douglas centre and the amenities are brilliant. Cost is pretty good too. Find them on the net to book. Ferry is the costly bit, about £300 ish for bike and rider. Well worth the Holiday and very addictive which is why we have been going every year for over 20 years now "

Thanks for that

I know hubby has looked in the past.

And wow, last 20years!

Durham

Don't forget all you people who want to book a ferry for 2021 TT. This Monday, that's 25th May, @ 8.30am the booking system goes live with the available spaces not took up by all us 2020 bookings that were moved onto next years ferries.

Durham

Camp?

We stay with a friend who lives there. We used to camp, always recommend Douglas Rugby Club as its close to Douglas centre and the amenities are brilliant. Cost is pretty good too. Find them on the net to book. Ferry is the costly bit, about £300 ish for bike and rider. Well worth the Holiday and very addictive which is why we have been going every year for over 20 years now

Thanks for that

And wow, last 20years! "

Did you get booked for TT 2021 Sarah 123?

Durham

Now the sad week has past with no racing on the rock the countdown is on for TT next year.

By *annnMan  over a year ago

Isle of Man

It’s been a very surreal two weeks on the Island, especially knowing that’s there will be no Manx either. You have all been greatly missed but there is a real determination to make 2021 the best ever. Can’t wait to see you all next year.

Camp?

Thanks for that

And wow, last 20years!

Did you get booked for TT 2021 Sarah 123? "

Sorry just seen this....

No we did not

We will get over there though.... One day

Durham

Camp?

Thanks for that

And wow, last 20years!

Did you get booked for TT 2021 Sarah 123?

Sorry just seen this....

No we did not

We will get over there though.... One day "

You really do as its the best racing and great atmosphere ever

Durham

"It’s been a very surreal two weeks on the Island, especially knowing that’s there will be no Manx either. You have all been greatly missed but there is a real determination to make 2021 the best ever. Can’t wait to see you all next year. "

We really missed our visit the other week and as you said no Manx, we will also miss that too

I am quite lucky. Born on the IoM and came to North East for college 43 years ago and stayed. Family still there so I do t have any problems with accommodation.

If you have done the TT try the Southern100 in July. It's brilliant.

Decided last night am going to book - just hope I can get a ferry at this late stage. Mike

Durham

"Decided last night am going to book - just hope I can get a ferry at this late stage. Mike "

You will most likely get a crossing just not necessarily the one you would like. Just have to take what you can and spend the rest of the year trying to change it. At least you can change things at no extra cost. Good luck and hope you get something suitable

Durham

Only 10 months to wait now till TT starts.

10 months too long

By *am450Man  over a year ago

North Kent/Greater London

"Bucket list. I really should go before I'm much older. Used to be able to see the

Isle of Man from where I lived in D&G, a lifetime ago "

Ditto to "must go one day/bucket list etc"

Haven't camped at an event since late 80s/early 90s British GPs with the 500 two strokes remember them??

By *he Senior ServiceMan  over a year ago

Doncaster

On our bucket list too

Great racing bit a bit scary riding at times, some absolute lunatics

Durham

"On our bucket list too"

No good on a to do list, needs to be on a done that list. Been going every year for over 20 years

By *oryourfantasies96Man  over a year ago

Douglas

It was weird seeing the island so quiet on what should've been an amazing 2 weeks. Definitely looking forward to next year and being on the island is great

Durham

"It was weird seeing the island so quiet on what should've been an amazing 2 weeks. Definitely looking forward to next year and being on the island is great "

And another 2 weeks coming up that should have been buzzing with Manx. Another holiday we had cancelled

Douglas

Yeah grand prix should've been getting set up as we speak. Probably for the best it isn't happening this year due to roadworks all over. Makes going out for a ride a complete nightmare

Durham

Well now that all the stupid people mixing and having parties have created restrictions again we are keeping our fingers and everything else crossed got TT 2021

By *irebrand 1263Man  over a year ago

near you

Hoping that it actually gets the green light, my 1st time at the TT & im beyond excited already!!

Douglas

We're all hoping it goes ahead but if the UK isnt much better than it is now then we can't see it going ahead again.

Durham

"We're all hoping it goes ahead but if the UK isnt much better than it is now then we can't see it going ahead again. "

We really can't see how Isle of Man Government are going to play this. Keeping borders closed indefinitely is going to cause so much harm. Opening borders is also going to cause so much harm. Can't really see covid going away when you see everyone still partying and not distancing. Looks like it's here to stay so Isle of Man government are going to have to find a way to manage it like the UK will have to do. If only people would stick to the advice we might just have a chance of limiting it. Its going to be interesting to see how TT will be managed if it does go ahead.

Durham

Read an article at the weekend. It said Isle of Man Government will make a decision before Christmas if TT 2021 will go ahead. This is due to pressure from businesses who may or may not need preparations

By *londehardcockMan  over a year ago

dunstable

Is anyone that is (hoping) to attend the TT next year also planning on having any swing fun?

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Has it been announced that it is going ahead, as I have heard they are going to say yes or no soon.

Isle of Man

"Has it been announced that it is going ahead, as I have heard they are going to say yes or no soon."

There’s a rumour circulating on the Island that it’s going to be put back until August and merge it with the Manx, just a rumour though

Durham

"Has it been announced that it is going ahead, as I have heard they are going to say yes or no soon.

There’s a rumour circulating on the Island that it’s going to be put back until August and merge it with the Manx, just a rumour though"

Apparently BSB have a meet penciled in for 4th June so that speaks volumes. We have heard the rumblings but didn't hear that bit about merging it with Manx. The way this virus is going Isle of Man borders could still have restrictions next August at this rate. We should know more over the next 8 weeks. Difficult times

By *ent in BlackMan  over a year ago

Silsden

I heard on Manx radio it had been cancelled?

Isle of Man

"I heard on Manx radio it had been cancelled?"

I’ve not heard that. A friend of mine works for Govt in the motorsport team and thinks that they will likely postpone until later in the year but probably cancel in March. Let’s hope not

Silsden

"I heard on Manx radio it had been cancelled?

I’ve not heard that. A friend of mine works for Govt in the motorsport team and thinks that they will likely postpone until later in the year but probably cancel in March. Let’s hope not "

That’s maybe what they said and I didn’t listen properly

Isle of Man

Announcement on next years TT at 12 noon on Monday

Durham

"Announcement on next years TT at 12 noon on Monday "

Just read a decision was imminent. Cancelled or pushed back later in the year? All will be revealed Monday then. Thanks for the update

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

dont think my kidneys could cope without a break between the TT and the manx

The inside thoughts are that it may be moved to late August, replacing the Manx Grand Prix. Makes sense tbh!

By *orthernmonkeeMan  over a year ago

Here there an everywhere

Announcement on Monday,, all rest just speculation

Durham

"Announcement on Monday,, all rest just speculation "

Always good to talk and speculate

Durham

Just announced 2021 TT is cancelled

Durham

"Just announced 2021 TT is cancelled "

Statement from Isle of Man Government reads;

In a statement, Enterprise Minister Laurence Skelly said: "We do not underestimate the disappointment that this decision will cause to many people. However, we are making an early, logical decision to provide certainty and clarity to race fans and everyone else involved in the event."

He added "As the TT relies on thousands of volunteers - the Island couldn't start planning for next year. We evaluated all possible options including moving the TT to a date later in the year but there are

complexities and risks."

"This decision has not been taken lightly but has been taken in the interests of the Island, the health and well-being of residents and visitors, and is in line with our ongoing pandemic strategy. However, whilst making this decision, it does not necessarily mean that we believe the Island’s borders will remain under the current restrictions as we hope to welcome visitors back to the Island at the earliest opportunity."

Meanwhile, a final decision on the Classic TT and Manx Grand Prix will be made by the end of March.

Lastly, the Treasury has confirmed the traditional Senior Race Day Bank Holiday will be moved from Saturday, June 12, to Friday, August 27 - this will coincide with the UK Bank Holiday on Monday, August 30, to create a four-day holiday weekend.

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

always wonder how more bikes don't crash there

wonder how many lady's on here have flashed around the track

Silsden

"always wonder how more bikes don't crash there

wonder how many lady's on here have flashed around the track "

Not many I would have thought re the flashing question. It’s a heavily policed event with kids present, I’m sure spectators wouldn’t fancy a criminal record and being on any sex offenders register.

Durham

Not many I would have thought re the flashing question. It’s a heavily policed event with kids present, I’m sure spectators wouldn’t fancy a criminal record and being on any sex offenders register."

Not so long ago when the tent was on the prom you would see many female pillions with their tits out. Not the same anymore now that Bushy's is in the park.

We were taking some topless pictures at the side of the road 3 years ago when 2 police motorbike cops passed, tried to get them in the background but they passed to quick

Gutted it’s cancelled, prematurely I thought, can’t have much faith in a vaccine.

By *ane DayTV/TS  over a year ago

Swindon

The 2021 IOM TT has been cancelled They hope to run the TT again in 2022. I was informed to day.

By *icple4u2Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

"The 2021 IOM TT has been cancelled They hope to run the TT again in 2022. I was informed to day."

Just read an article on visordown which confirms it. New date is 28/5/22 - 11/6/22. Still no decision on the classic and Manx TT so there may still be some racing next year.

By *lutforgirlsWoman  over a year ago

sutton-in-asgfield

Not many I would have thought re the flashing question. It’s a heavily policed event with kids present, I’m sure spectators wouldn’t fancy a criminal record and being on any sex offenders register.

Not so long ago when the tent was on the prom you would see many female pillions with their tits out. Not the same anymore now that Bushy's is in the park.

We were taking some topless pictures at the side of the road 3 years ago when 2 police motorbike cops passed, tried to get them in the background but they passed to quick "

Sounds like fun hunny

By *edsguyMan  over a year ago

south of Bedford

I'm gutted no TT this year then next year cancelled as well, was so looking forward to my first IOM visit,

Durham

"I'm gutted no TT this year then next year cancelled as well, was so looking forward to my first IOM visit, "

All ferry bookings to to be moved to 2022 if you want that option, same as last time, so hopefully all will be good for 2022 for your first visit

Durham

We were taking some topless pictures at the side of the road 3 years ago when 2 police motorbike cops passed, tried to get them in the background but they passed to quick

Sounds like fun hunny "

We had great fun taking naughty pictures around the Island. There will be more when we eventually get back over

market harborough

Sounds like fun hunny

We had great fun taking naughty pictures around the Island. There will be more when we eventually get back over "

did you ever find fleshwick bay

Durham

Sounds like fun hunny

We had great fun taking naughty pictures around the Island. There will be more when we eventually get back over did you ever find fleshwick bay "

We haven't been yet but it is on the list

market harborough

Sounds like fun hunny

We had great fun taking naughty pictures around the Island. There will be more when we eventually get back over did you ever find fleshwick bay

We haven't been yet but it is on the list "

difficult to find i'll show you the way at the manx touch wood

Durham

Sounds like fun hunny

We had great fun taking naughty pictures around the Island. There will be more when we eventually get back over did you ever find fleshwick bay

We haven't been yet but it is on the list difficult to find i'll show you the way at the manx touch wood"

We know how to get there as we have done our google walks on all the places we intend to go. Yes fingers crossed Manx doesn't gey cancelled but we think Isle of Man Government will play it safe and just restart everything 2022

Do you think the TT will really go ahead ? The IOM government is particularly draconian remember?

Durham

"Do you think the TT will really go ahead ? The IOM government is particularly draconian remember? "

Once the vaccine is rolled out and they deem it safe, then yes. Draconian they may be, but less crime and no covid. What have they not done to keep things right. Not sure if Manx 2021 will happen but TT 2022 with proof that you have had the vaccine maybe how they'll play it. Speculation and all that, but good to chat about the possibilities

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

According to Motor Cycle News last week the 2021 TT has been cancelled

Durham

[Removed by poster at 07/12/20 20:35:07]

Durham

"According to Motor Cycle News last week the 2021 TT has been cancelled "

Yes it was cancelled at Midday Monday 30th November by the Government, as our post states in the above section, with the statement by the government

Durham

Email received yesterday from Steam Packet to move our 2021 ferry booking to 2022. Who'd have believed it, our TT 2022 holiday is booked. Strange times

its alk my fault. got a newcomer licence for 2020 then this shit happens. my typical luck lol

Durham

"its alk my fault. got a newcomer licence for 2020 then this shit happens. my typical luck lol "

That's twice you have made TT cancel so lets hope you are not going for a hat trick

So, I’ve never been to the TT but am dying to go... those that have, have you rode along the course or is that something that’s not allowed?

Durham

"So, I’ve never been to the TT but am dying to go... those that have, have you rode along the course or is that something that’s not allowed? "

Course is a public road with speed restrictions, bearing in mind that Isle of Man national speed limit signs means no speed limit but riding/driving dangerously is still an offence, hence appropriate speed. The roads close on race days/practice days at times posted. 2022 sailings go on sale 19th January 2021 with all available sailings that are left after transfer/refunded of 2021 sailings

Durham

Isle of Man going into a 3 week lock down. They have found half a dozen cases of the virus in the community over the last week. They've been doing so well, everything has been back to normal for months. Hopefully they have acted swiftly and they can nip it in the bud and get back to normal quickly.

By *reddy96Man  over a year ago

scunthorpe

Not a better place to go. Been 4 times self. Did 3 times in the 80's then last time 6yrs ago with family. 2 wks of fun had.

market harborough

Last count was 22 tt,s 18 manxes and 4 southerns i hate the place lol at the moment the manx is still on for this year touch wood

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

Raced twice there 2013/14

Durham

[Removed by poster at 16/02/21 17:20:24]

Durham

80% transferred their Ferry booking from 2021 to 2022 crossings. Today the remainder were released to book for 2022, that's 2 years in a row TT was cancelled, 2020 and 2021 so lets hope 2022 TT will be a great two weeks

Durham

Isle of Man to enter into another circuit breaker from midnight tonight 2/3/2021 they are having 21 days of lockdown

Cheam

"Our Email came through today to carry over our 2020 booking over to 2021. We now sail from Heysham Thursday 3rd June 2021. Lets hope the World is a safer place by the time TT 2021 comes around.

Post your meets and general TT stuff here for 2021 TT."

Jelouse much

Cheam

"It's on our bucket list too!

"

Goodwood should also be added

Durham

"Our Email came through today to carry over our 2020 booking over to 2021. We now sail from Heysham Thursday 3rd June 2021. Lets hope the World is a safer place by the time TT 2021 comes around.

Post your meets and general TT stuff here for 2021 TT.

Jelouse much "

You may be jealous but our 2021 booking got carried over to 2022. Good news is if you want to go 2022 you can book a ferry crossing now as Steam Packet released all remaining space on their vessels early this year. Normally released in May but this year released them last month

Southern100 looks to be going ahead this year. Better racing than the TT although not so many people over for it. Castletown is great that week mixing with the riders in the pubs.

Went every year from being a nipper with my Dad, loved it too.

Stopped going around five years ago due to cost and holiday entitlements at work.

Still avidly watch it on the telly though.

Durham

"Went every year from being a nipper with my Dad, loved it too.

Stopped going around five years ago due to cost and holiday entitlements at work.

Still avidly watch it on the telly though."

We go every year to TT and Manx but like you say holiday entitlement means thats our only Holidays but we do enjoy weekends away which makes up for it and we just love the Island so all good for us. As for the expense of it all, it's like anything else, if you want to go somewhere bespoke it's going to cost a little more

By *dinspleasureCouple  over a year ago

Dorking

Oliver’s mount for the gold cup is always worth a visit too nice intimate venue for road racing.

Durham

"Oliver’s mount for the gold cup is always worth a visit too nice intimate venue for road racing. "

Can't compare Olivers Mount with TT though, Its like chalk n Cheese road racing

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

Is tt on this year

Durham

"Is tt on this year "

Nope its all been rolled over to 2022. Isle of Man have just entered into another Lockdown after having things under control since well before Xmas. Well they had a little circuit break in January but this one they are seeing quite a substantial number of cases. Lets hope they get it under control like they have done all year and get back to normality

Durham

Maybe we need to start a new thread TT 2022? just don't want to jinx things. We'll wait till June eh

"Oliver’s mount for the gold cup is always worth a visit too nice intimate venue for road racing.

Can't compare Olivers Mount with TT though, Its like chalk n Cheese road racing "

Oliver's Mount has a great atmosphere and truly comes across as a non polished, non corporate affair which is ace.

The Bikers Classic events at Spa and Imola are the same.

market harborough

did the spa meeting in 2019 provisionally booked for this year if it goes ahead

"did the spa meeting in 2019 provisionally booked for this year if it goes ahead"

Not been for a couple of years and genuinely have missed it, hopefully I'll be be going in 2022.

Durham

Southern 100 was cancelled today. The government produced their road map today saying provisionally their borders could open up in September so we are now waiting for the announcement that Manx 2021 will be cancelled too

Durham

We should have been sailing to the rock this week. Sad week and roll on TT 2022.

Mehhhh would've been nice weather too

Durham

"Mehhhh would've been nice weather too "

And it will be next year my friend

» Add a new message to this topic