FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Heads Up

Heads Up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otlovefun42 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

A bit of news from Germany that should concern bikers worldwide.

The German government are proposing that motorbikes should be banned from the roads on Sunday's and national holidays.

Needless to say it it Green party led but it has support from the two other major parties and has a very good chance of being passed into law.

Yesterday bikers held protests in cities all over Germany. There are more planned for today and the bikers are fully prepared to fight this to the end.

At the moment it is only in Germany, but how long before others (Britain?) follow suit.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hope we don’t get that law here . That’ sucks !!

By *reenman19Man  over a year ago

.....no......

Because our small engine whizz bangers are worse than cars?

I doubt they could pass it in the uk

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Having previously lived in Germany for many years I can understand why this proposal stands a real chance of becoming law; it's following the presidence of shops being closed, no hanging washing, no cleaning cars and no trucks on the roads on a Sunday.

We don't hold our Sundays sacred in the same way so such a law being passed in this country is less likely. That said, I've really enjoyed the almost traffic free roads that lockdown gave us and wouldn't oppose some sort of traffic curfew (for all vehicles) over the weekend; it's good for the planet too.

By *otlovefun42 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Because our small engine whizz bangers are worse than cars?

I doubt they could pass it in the uk"

They are using noise pollution as the excuse (and it is only an excuse) and it really does have a good chance of becoming law.

In Germany it is already illegal to use any kind of power tool (including lawnmowers) in your garden on Sunday's and holidays.

A friend of ours has a large biker bar/meeting place out in the countryside. He's just had nearly 3 months of lockdown and now this hanging over him. Without Sunday's and holidays he is bankrupt.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Couple this the noise legislation that they are keen to introduce, 90dB limit then I can see that Germany will be the place to avoid. Strange rules for a half pagan country, well the southern half anyway.

» Add a new message to this topic