FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > RoSPA

RoSPA

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *not69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Burnley

I've just got back into biking after a 6yr layoff so I'm a little rusty. I passed the IAM advanced test about 8yrs ago but I'm now thinking about doing the RoSPA advanced course. Has anybody done it and would it be something you'd recommend?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've just got back into biking after a 6yr layoff so I'm a little rusty. I passed the IAM advanced test about 8yrs ago but I'm now thinking about doing the RoSPA advanced course. Has anybody done it and would it be something you'd recommend? "

I’m (Rhino - him) both RoSPA and IAM qualified and my advice would be that it is definitely worth it. Whether you go the RoSPA or IAM route really depends on the availability and quality of the local groups - unfortunately they can vary quite a bit and some are more active than others. Both should be able to offer you a free taster ride and give some feedback on your riding before you commit to joining the group. The main difference is that IAM is a once only test, while continuing membership of RoSPA is dependent on passing a 3-yearly retest.

Try to do a little research and see which is most active in your area. Most local groups will run regular social rides, which is a great way of keeping the skills up after passing the test.

I’m happy to talk through my experiences with you if you would like, but I am based in the Thames Valley area so don’t have much direct experience of the local groups in Lancashire.

"I've just got back into biking after a 6yr layoff so I'm a little rusty. I passed the IAM advanced test about 8yrs ago but I'm now thinking about doing the RoSPA advanced course. Has anybody done it and would it be something you'd recommend? "
RoSPA 100% .. it’s every 3 years but definitely gets you to ride better and safer ..and when you joint there a lot more opportunities to go out with all the RoSPA tutors.

By *not69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Burnley

Thanks guys. I've just enrolled for the RoSPA course.

"Thanks guys. I've just enrolled for the RoSPA course. "

» Add a new message to this topic