FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Taking the bike camping

Taking the bike camping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and B OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

Thinking of a trip on the bike camping could be a safe way of getting away. Sitting in front of tent with few beers watching the world go by. We've not been on an adventure since last weekend in February. It's been far to long since we went out on the bike with the tent strapped to the back

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lyn2000Man  over a year ago

london

I've always fancied a bike camping trip

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Celle, Germany

I do this a lot; on my motorbike and bicycle. Love the freedom of just getting away with very little kit (one person tent, a change of clothing, wash kit and a credit card).

Durham

Going to a camp site near devils Bridge in Cumbria

Celle, Germany

"Going to a camp site near devils Bridge in Cumbria "

That's a bit of a challenge on the push bike for me

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I used to do this a lot years ago.

Instead of watching the world go by, it was watching other pissed up bikers enjoy a bike rally.

Durham

"I used to do this a lot years ago.

Instead of watching the world go by, it was watching other pissed up bikers enjoy a bike rally."

I, Mr B, was that other pissed up biker at many rallies

By *quirt1810Woman  over a year ago

Boston

I’ve been thinking about going to breighton ferry camping, supposed to be a huge bikers rally

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Easier here (in France) to combine the bike and camping given the weather and great camping parks.

Was away in June for 8 nights and away again in September for 15 nights.

Can't wait

Durham

"I’ve been thinking about going to breighton ferry camping, supposed to be a huge bikers rally"

It does facilitate rallies. Its not a huge place so rallies are only small affairs. We have been to a few there over the years.

I was away camping in derbyshire nr matlock last weekend with a small group of bikers, was great to get away, hopefull the farmyard will be on, fingets n everything crossed.

By *reenman19Man  over a year ago

.....no......

"Going to a camp site near devils Bridge in Cumbria "

If you fancy a riding buddy I live nearby, it would be nice to meet some fab bikers.

Durham

"Going to a camp site near devils Bridge in Cumbria

If you fancy a riding buddy I live nearby, it would be nice to meet some fab bikers."

We are ok, it's going to be more a camping, chilled weekend, rather than a bike riding weekend

By *ree-dom69Man  over a year ago

park gate

Lol love just getting away ride pull up, go on pitch up dot com camp chill ride home

Have been known on many occasion though to go from pitch up to hotels as just couldn’t be bothered with camping when I get there, you do get a strange look though walking in a b&b with your tent and sleeping bag

Durham

"Lol love just getting away ride pull up, go on pitch up dot com camp chill ride home

Have been known on many occasion though to go from pitch up to hotels as just couldn’t be bothered with camping when I get there, you do get a strange look though walking in a b&b with your tent and sleeping bag "

When we go into Europe this is what we do, mix it up with hotels and camping. Never book anything except crossing and hotel for first night and last night usually in Calais. Map out a loose route to ride on. Not always have we stuck to that. Great adventures.

By *quirt1810Woman  over a year ago

Boston

"I’ve been thinking about going to breighton ferry camping, supposed to be a huge bikers rally

It does facilitate rallies. Its not a huge place so rallies are only small affairs. We have been to a few there over the years. "

Are u going this year

Durham

"I’ve been thinking about going to breighton ferry camping, supposed to be a huge bikers rally

It does facilitate rallies. Its not a huge place so rallies are only small affairs. We have been to a few there over the years.

Are u going this year"

Not planning on any rallies this year now. We did have one or two planned but as we all know it all went to s##t as did our Isle of Man TT trip. Oh yea and our swinging club visits. Looks like it's just going to be camping trips and ride outs on the bikes

I've done this before to go and watch MotoGP. If any of you head to South Wales let me know if live a ride out some time.

I still have my amazing 1.5 person tent. Only used twice.

By *ree-dom69Man  over a year ago

park gate

Are u going this year

Not planning on any rallies this year now. We did have one or two planned but as we all know it all went to s##t as did our Isle of Man TT trip. Oh yea and our swinging club visits. Looks like it's just going to be camping trips and ride outs on the bikes "

Not that many rallies left this year now, better of just getting a invite to a few club nights, if your lucky enough to know people to get the invite

Durham

Weather is looking tremendous for the camping trip this weekend

Hope you have a good one .. up here a lot of sites are still closed ??

By *jcukMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Only done the odd rally but the idea of hitting the road for a get away with bikes and tent really appeals. Ideally with someone to share the trip with.

Durham

"Only done the odd rally but the idea of hitting the road for a get away with bikes and tent really appeals. Ideally with someone to share the trip with. "

Normally would only do our camping at bike rallies. To many folk on caravan n camping sites noan when you cough after 9pm. Needs must though and we need to get away, we'll try and conform. Let's see how this pans out

By *andDeeCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

Thinking of loading the bike up and riding until we find somewhere off the grid to wild camp

Durham

What a lovely day to go camping. Never been to this site near Kirby Lonesdale but it has come highly recommended by fellow biker friends. Can't wait to get pitched up and sunbathe

I'm off to Cornwall for a single night whistle stop camping trip... 400 miles day round trip... Campsite. £7

By *jcukMan  over a year ago

Solihull

What tents are people using? Any recommendations for ones that pack down small?

Celle, Germany

"What tents are people using? Any recommendations for ones that pack down small?"

I have Vango 1 person tent, weighs about 2.2kg and packs up fairly small. It's probably a 2 session tent, I wouldn't want to try it in a storm though.

These types of tents are quite snug inside but if you're traveling light then you won't need that much space.

I think mine was about £110 (ish), lighter/high performance ones can cost quite a bit more.

By *artin ramseyMan  over a year ago

kendal

Don't think you will get much of a tan weather is not great at the mo

We took the bike and camped at lakeside for a couple of nights last week. Superb weather and company.

Pic on our profile.

C&T

» Add a new message to this topic