FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Which one

Which one

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arleyfatboy2019 OP   Couple  over a year ago

exeter

Evening people.

I’m on the hunt for a new bike . I’ve narrowed it down to two.

1. BMW k1300r

2. Ducati diavel

Can’t decide. Who would choose which one ?

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I've got a K1200s and will be traiding up to the K1300s in the winter when the prices have dropped a bit.

The flaws that the 1200 has, have been ironed out and it is a plenty capable machine.

I've got the full luggage and it it can still haul arse fully loaded.

Once you get your head round the non existent front end feel it absorbs road bumps beautifuly.

Comfort wise mine came with a Sargent seat. Its brilliant. Its also fits the 1300 so it will be coming off when I sell the bike.

The only complaint I have with the K1200s is the snatchy fueling at lower speeds and the bar grip diameter is ridiculously small for a bike that size.

The fueling was sorted on the 1300 model and a set of £12 grip puppies solve the grip diameter.

You could get larger diameter grips however as they are factory fitted heated items they are a f@#king nightmare to remove without damaging the elements.

Double Bubble screen is also recommended.

If you get the model with ESA make sure it functions through all the settings.

And if you do buy one, invest in a GS911. It will not only allow you to reset any fault codes but will reset the learning on the throttle.

If your buying a used bike you don't want the previous owners map in the ecm as it may vary from your riding style.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was looking at a K1300 (used one) the other day at a bike shop in Grantham, nice motor.

I’m torn myself on my step up to next bike, can’t decide on 1200 Multistrada or BMW S1000XR, both very capable machines.

Good luck OP on your decision.

What is your reasons for each, totally different bikes. are you doing lots of traveling etc

exeter

Just everyday riding. Short 3/4 day tours and a bit of a thrill on it . Want to get off the bike with a smile on my face

By *ack n FoxyCouple  over a year ago

Notts/Derby border

"Just everyday riding. Short 3/4 day tours and a bit of a thrill on it . Want to get off the bike with a smile on my face "

Simple then.... Diavel

exeter

Well. In the end I bought neither.

I bought a mint Kawasaki zrx1200r instead.

"I was looking at a K1300 (used one) the other day at a bike shop in Grantham, nice motor.

I’m torn myself on my step up to next bike, can’t decide on 1200 Multistrada or BMW S1000XR, both very capable machines.

Good luck OP on your decision. "

I’ve got a multistrada- it’s amazing!!

"I was looking at a K1300 (used one) the other day at a bike shop in Grantham, nice motor.

I’ve got a multistrada- it’s amazing!! "

I really like the look of the Multi, but there’s so many adventure style bikes on the market at the mo, think I need to be booking some test rides.

I’ve got a multistrada- it’s amazing!!

I really like the look of the Multi, but there’s so many adventure style bikes on the market at the mo, think I need to be booking some test rides. "

Sent you a PM....

Good bike, bit more sports then

» Add a new message to this topic