FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Cyclists South..

Cyclists South..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are we allowed here too! xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Are we allowed here too! xx"

Lycra not leather

By *ree-dom69Man  over a year ago

park gate

Yes biker and cyclist here

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah better in here than out on the roads fucking up the traffic riding side by side with your mate at 2 mph up hill on a country road.

park gate

"Are we allowed here too! xx

Yeah better in here than out on the roads fucking up the traffic riding side by side with your mate at 2 mph up hill on a country road. "

Mate if you can’t get round a cyclist I’d say your fucked and shouldn’t even be on the road

Durham

Yeah better in here than out on the roads fucking up the traffic riding side by side with your mate at 2 mph up hill on a country road.

Mate if you can’t get round a cyclist I’d say your fucked and shouldn’t even be on the road "

He did say 2 abreast on country roads. I came across this problem on Saturday on my motorbike. They were two abreast heading to the brow of a hill, I had to slow to 2 miles per hour till I could see it was safe to pass on the other side of the road. If they were following the highway code they would know to stay in single file. Or maybe just be courteous when on narrow country roads. Stay safe out there people

park gate

ok I’m a biker a cyclist and I was only taking the Mickey

How ever think you need to look at your Highway Code book again as it states cyclist are aloud to cycle. No more than two abreast and if on a narrow road try to stick to single file

And again if you can’t get round a bike doing 2 miles a hour I’m pretty sure you definitely shouldn’t be on the road

I didnt mean getting stuck behind just 2 cyclists. I meant getting stuck behind the big traffic jam you have caused. It's the cars that cant pass you. Then the car behind that car. Then the next car. And so on. Before you know it. You are cycling at the front of a 20 car traffic jam. So I'll say it again. Better on here than out on the roads fucking up the traffic,

park gate

"I didnt mean getting stuck behind just 2 cyclists. I meant getting stuck behind the big traffic jam you have caused. It's the cars that cant pass you. Then the car behind that car. Then the next car. And so on. Before you know it. You are cycling at the front of a 20 car traffic jam. So I'll say it again. Better on here than out on the roads fucking up the traffic,"

What a load of bollocks if somebody is driving and can’t get round a bike they shouldn’t be on the road

And let’s be honest if you are held up it’s a couple of minutes at worst.

I spend my like on the road for work in a car , I ride motorbikes and cycle, and if I get held up for 30 seconds that’s a bad one

So don’t talk such utter rubbish, so il say it again you either need to learn a little patience or learn to drive.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

The Scottish tourist board actively seeks to encourage cyclists to come and use the roads in order to boast revenue. Lots of roads (especially on the North Coast 500) are single vehicle, it just requires patience and manners. If you have to get somewhere on time, leave early.

By *osieburnsTV/TS  over a year ago

DIDCOT

Yeah better in here than out on the roads fucking up the traffic riding side by side with your mate at 2 mph up hill on a country road. "

You'll be telling us all next, there are no bad bikers on the road

"The Scottish tourist board actively seeks to encourage cyclists to come and use the roads in order to boast revenue. Lots of roads (especially on the North Coast 500) are single vehicle, it just requires patience and manners. If you have to get somewhere on time, leave early. "

I'm too lazy to leave early. I tend to leave late a just go twice as fast..

You'll be telling us all next, there are no bad bikers on the road"

Yes there are plenty of really bad bikers out there. You'll find them all sitting on big noisy machines called Harley Davidson's...

"I didnt mean getting stuck behind just 2 cyclists. I meant getting stuck behind the big traffic jam you have caused. It's the cars that cant pass you. Then the car behind that car. Then the next car. And so on. Before you know it. You are cycling at the front of a 20 car traffic jam. So I'll say it again. Better on here than out on the roads fucking up the traffic,

What a load of bollocks if somebody is driving and can’t get round a bike they shouldn’t be on the road

And let’s be honest if you are held up it’s a couple of minutes at worst.

I spend my like on the road for work in a car , I ride motorbikes and cycle, and if I get held up for 30 seconds that’s a bad one

So don’t talk such utter rubbish, so il say it again you either need to learn a little patience or learn to drive. "

Ok petal. I'm bored now. You win. Cyclists are the best. And dont cause any traffic jams. And have those cool shaped backwards pointy helmets to make you go really fast. And you look cool dressed in lycra. Happy now??

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

" ok I’m a biker a cyclist and I was only taking the Mickey

How ever think you need to look at your Highway Code book again as it states cyclist are aloud to cycle. No more than two abreast and if on a narrow road try to stick to single file

And again if you can’t get round a bike doing 2 miles a hour I’m pretty sure you definitely shouldn’t be on the road "

# allowed.

Your welcome

Durham

And again if you can’t get round a bike doing 2 miles a hour I’m pretty sure you definitely shouldn’t be on the road "

You just quoted what I said, Highway code says single file on narrow road. Also you wouldn't want to overtake on the brow of a hill if you need to go into on coming traffic. Think you need to give your head a shake and read correctly what you wish to reply to. Oh yes and I teach advanced riding if you need any safe advice mate

Durham

"The Scottish tourist board actively seeks to encourage cyclists to come and use the roads in order to boast revenue. Lots of roads (especially on the North Coast 500) are single vehicle, it just requires patience and manners. If you have to get somewhere on time, leave early. "

People definitely need to learn patience. Something that is taught in advanced riding, patience and no red mist. When I trundeled behind the 2 cyclists 2 abreast, on A NARROW ROAD, I waited patiently till it was safe to pass. As I looked at the cyclists they were staring at me with contempt for some reason. I didn't cause them any alarm but I do think they were expecting some abuse as they knew they'd done wrong, not from me though

Durham

Look what you did..... Cyclist asking if he's welcome here with the Bikers in his Lycra. Trouble maker

park gate

And again if you can’t get round a bike doing 2 miles a hour I’m pretty sure you definitely shouldn’t be on the road

# allowed.

Your welcome "

Spotted that man

Cyclists. WHAT !!!! Fuck off. Don't for one minute think you're welcome on a biker thread.

park gate

"Cyclists. WHAT !!!! Fuck off. Don't for one minute think you're welcome on a biker thread. "

Haha your fucked mate I’m a cyclist and a biker how do you get out of that one

Durham

Just been reading the the consultation for amendments to the highway code. This is part of the proposed addition for cyclist

[cyclists’ should] ride in single file when drivers wish to overtake and it is safe to let them do so. When riding in larger groups on narrow lanes, it is sometimes safer to ride two abreast

Durham

"Just been reading the the consultation for amendments to the highway code. This is part of the proposed addition for cyclist

[cyclists’ should] ride in single file when drivers wish to overtake and it is safe to let them do so. When riding in larger groups on narrow lanes, it is sometimes safer to ride two abreast"

If anyone wishes to read this you will find it on the governments web site under Department for Transport, under the heading, Open consultation

Summary of the consultation proposals on a review of The Highway Code

Published 28 July 2020

Jeesh, chill out people!

Seriously no need for it..

By *orWullieMan  over a year ago

Dunoon

Motorcyclist, cyclist and car driver here. Although I limit my time cycling on roads to the minimum possible, its much more pleasant to be up on the hills and in the woods than stuck on tarmac! That said, I can honestly say in the 20 years I've had a car licence I have never been late for anything because of a cyclist. It's far more awkward to pass caravans, camper vans, hgv's or even just slow drivers (particularly the ones who sit at 20mph on the single track roads and don't know how to use a passing place!).

Also, surely it's more awkward to pass a line of cyclists in single file than to just pass the group in one go? (assuming it's not a single track road). Even the very biggest groups I've seen take less road space than a car towing a caravan.

And while I accept that we can all be a little over-enthusiastic with our throttle at times, if really going fast is your aim go to a track day, not public roads. After all, there's plenty worse things on our roads than cyclists. Diesel, oil, potholes, animals, birds, paint etc are far more of a hazard!

» Add a new message to this topic