FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Advice for mod 2 test ?

Advice for mod 2 test ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riskyfilly OP   Couple  over a year ago

Crewe / Stoke

Nerves keep getting the better of me.. I just want to pass and get out and about... socially distanced meets with biker buddies what could be more fun.. then when lockdown is over? xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *risTheHornyBikerMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Nerves keep getting the better of me.. I just want to pass and get out and about... socially distanced meets with biker buddies what could be more fun.. then when lockdown is over? xx"
I suggest a week long training package, they would take you step by step through each part of the test and give you alot of confidence.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rescue remedy worked for me the night before the test. What is it that's making you nervous? Anything is particular? I was more worried about mod 1 than 2 x

By *ugyukMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

just ride it like your ridin with mates

whats the worst that can happen..ye fail?

so what

just do it again

Took me 3 goes to pass Mod 2

Wrote off the bike on the first attempt. I'm sure you cant be that bad haha!

Honestly just listen to the instructor, always remember if you want them to repeat the order just tap the top of your helmet twice.

Never hurts to book it on a busy friday afternoon either

Best of Luck!

By *reenman19Man  over a year ago

.....no......

Try to get some time on a bike in general habituate yourself to the roads and correct control. I was out a lot on my l plates as well as lessons and used my personal rides as homework essentially while being out enjoying the bike with less pressure.

"Nerves keep getting the better of me.. I just want to pass and get out and about... socially distanced meets with biker buddies what could be more fun.. then when lockdown is over? xx"
sounds mad but I've passed twice once may years ago on a cg125 dam str8 on a big bike then had to retake my test a few years ago as somehiq dvla lost my entitlement dont ask big fuss to do with moving so then had to do mod 1 then 2 mod 1 easy passes 1st time mod 2 easy passes faultless both best tip is its just a ride out ride as you would normally do try to forget about the examiner more than this feel coumphy on ur bike so everything falls into place u may need more lessons ext on the bike you take ur test on its just about being relaxed and having a nice Sunday ride out without so mutch right hand lol

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

Just relax and treat it as a ride out with a friend. Examiners don't like failing people, they want to pass you.

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

Keep to the speed limit, if it says 50 or national speed limit then do those speeds if its safe to so so.

Don't forget your life savers and check your mirrors often. I was advised to set my mirrors so I had to move my head and not just my eyes when using them, the examiner can't see your eyes move but can see your head move.

Above all else, relax and enjoy

Without knowing your riding experience, Try to get more training in. If you're at the point where you can ride safly and you don't need any thought about the operating of the bike or its Controls you should find you'll be relaxed and can maybe think more about shoulder checks and such.

Keep at it.

I still get nervous at traffic lights. It's like lining up for the start of a race haha.

Deep breathes and don't forget the life saver looks. Do as you've been trained to do and you should breeze it. Keep the faith x then we can all meet up and ride. Good luck x

Driving tests the only test with all the answers given to you, be aware look at the road markings and road signs, do your checks as often as you can, try and get a good sleep the night before and something to eat the morning of. Most of all enjoy it

Mod 1 and mod 2?

I did my test, passed first time then hopped on my good old thunderace 1000.

Things sound like they’ve got complicated.

By *parklyfluffCouple  over a year ago

Kettering

I am a bike instructor.

Relax, smile and enjoy the ride.

Do not tap your helmet if you don't understand an instruction. Shake your head left to right or pull over in a safe place.

Look ahead, plan ahead and take your time.

Get up to speed if it's safe.

Less space less speed.

Good luck

By *reg888Man  over a year ago

Burton

I have been on an intense 7 day course and very hot in leathers, now shaved to a minimum to be comfortable so fellow ladie bikers what is the cut off line you prefer LOL Greg

Constantly do life saver checks, you can never do enough. When I passed my mod 2 my tester told me that as long as he see’s people doing life savers he will pass them providing they ride safely and look to know what they’re doing.

Relax, take it easy. What bike are you after getting?

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

When I took mine I went with the attitude that if I failed then I'd simply retake the test, it really wouldn't have been the end of the world.

MOD2 is piss easy,Just pretend he’s not there and ride normal

By *ifeANDhusbandCouple  over a year ago

walsall

take a deep breath, exhale slowly, remember mirrors and shoulder,and also lifesavers when needed, dont cross into any other lanes on islands unless needed,keep to speed limit and dont forget to cancel indicators, if i remember 3 minors of the same fault result in to repetative and is a fail,pretend the instructor is not there a d very best of luck

By *orWullieMan  over a year ago

Dunoon

"take a deep breath, exhale slowly, remember mirrors and shoulder,and also lifesavers when needed, dont cross into any other lanes on islands unless needed,keep to speed limit and dont forget to cancel indicators, if i remember 3 minors of the same fault result in to repetative and is a fail,pretend the instructor is not there a d very best of luck "

That's what I failed on first time, forgot to cancel my indicator. I started cancelling them in the car too, just to help remind me! Passed 2nd try.

It's about an hour from my home to the test centre, I'd been taking the car down for lessons and the tests, but for my 2nd attempt at mod 2 I took my 125 instead. I think it helped having the extra riding time right before my test.

Relax, as said above the worst thing likely to happen is you have to resit. And remember, examiners are bikers too, they want to see more bikes/bikers on the road. They want you to pass. Don't do anything silly and you will pass.

Last thing I'll say is, if you're really getting worked up about it maybe you have the wrong instructor. Consider trying someone else who can help you chill out? Good luck.

Ride like youve rode for yrs ride safe keep to speed limits and get upto speed quickly and safely they like to see you pass it makes them look good good luck

By *mudge354Man  over a year ago

South Downs

Relax and enjoy the ride, they are not there to catch you out. As long as you are a safe rider and make progress safely you will be fine.

By *riskyfilly OP   Couple  over a year ago

Crewe / Stoke

Quick update... I passed xx thanks for the encouragement and advice peeps

By *imBanksMan  over a year ago

Letchworth

"Quick update... I passed xx thanks for the encouragement and advice peeps"

Well done, now you can get out and enjoy riding properly. Every ride is a learning experience, just take things at your pace

"Quick update... I passed xx thanks for the encouragement and advice peeps"

Congrats on passing your test,love to see you out and about around north wales now on your bike,well done once again xxx

By *lyn2000Man  over a year ago

london

Well done

» Add a new message to this topic