FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Stolen Bike

Stolen Bike

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had a wr125x stolen from my house nearly 5 years ago.

Just had an email this evening from the Police that someone has been pulled over and it has been recovered...5 years later!

so anyone who has a bike stolen there is some hope you will get it back!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

wow thats some time its been missing but just goes to show stolen bikes are always on the Police radar. Unfortunately most big bikes are stripped for parts once stolen. Bet the person riding it wasn't the thief but an innocent person who bought your bike in good faith so he or she would be a victim of crime too. With it being on the road you might be reunited with a good condition 125. Or will it go to the insurance company if they paid you out?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"wow thats some time its been missing but just goes to show stolen bikes are always on the Police radar. Unfortunately most big bikes are stripped for parts once stolen. Bet the person riding it wasn't the thief but an innocent person who bought your bike in good faith so he or she would be a victim of crime too. With it being on the road you might be reunited with a good condition 125. Or will it go to the insurance company if they paid you out?"

Yeah i assumed it would of been instantly stripped for parts. I know SuperMotos are at higher risk of being stolen

It was un-insured and Sorn at the time as i had blown the engine on it being stupid lol. Seeing as its on the road i would guess its been fixed lol!

Yeah the guy who was caught on it said he had bought it from somone in the beds area, either he bought it good faith or knew where it had been stolen from and lied that he bought it. Either way i should still be the registered keeper with DVLA.

I had a clear up and chucked the keys and documents maybe a year ago assuming i would never hear a thing about it again

» Add a new message to this topic