New rider

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aj 123 OP   Man  over a year ago

ilford

Hi just passed mod 2 now what's the best bike to go for

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *coobyABCMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Hi, not sure if bike shops are still open with you and current restrictions. Best thing is to go sit on some see what you feel comfy on and go from there.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just try lots of bikes, you'll soon find what you like best.

Don't be scared of big cc bikes, you can die at 30mph on a 125 just the same as a 1000cc at 30 mph haha.

I bought a Hayabusa after 5 months of passing my test. Had it for 5 years and put 50,000 miles on it. Awesome bikes.

By *reenman19Man  over a year ago

.....no......

For a first bike on the road I'd pick an early 00's jap bike to thrash about on. Cheap to run, cheap to fix and reliable.

But it depends on your taste.

Ps. Picking an inappropriate bike is all part of motorcycling

Buy a bike that suits the kind of riding you want to do...cruising, adventure, touring, sports, commuter, enduro..the list is exhaustive. Also like already mentioned in the thread..dont be put off by getting a bigger cc engine. You'll grow into it quickly. I bought an A2 bike when I passed and got bored with it within a few months.

By *ogaly674Man  over a year ago

Spalding

I will echo the previous comments.

I brought my first big bike on a whim a Suzuki SV650s and it was a cracking first bike i regret selling it and although only a 650 really fun to ride and very forgiving if you didn't have the clutch right.

One thing I will say is whatever you get there's no substitute for getting miles in to hone your skills and remember you control the bike and not the other way round.

Ride safe.

Mo

By *keptic69Man  over a year ago

Correlejo, Fuerteventura

I passed my test on 1 April 2019 and my first bike was an R1200RT. I replaced this bike for 1250GS in September 2020. Big engines, but I am controlling the throttle, therefore I think what matters in my limited experience, is how do you feel when you ride it.

By *aj 123 OP   Man  over a year ago

ilford

Thanks for the advice looks like it's going to be a big engine bike.

Whatever you get ride to your limits and respect what's in your right hand

By *riskyfillyCouple  over a year ago

Crewe / Stoke

"Buy a bike that suits the kind of riding you want to do...cruising, adventure, touring, sports, commuter, enduro..the list is exhaustive. Also like already mentioned in the thread..dont be put off by getting a bigger cc engine. You'll grow into it quickly. I bought an A2 bike when I passed and got bored with it within a few months. "

Really good advice, I ride a 500cc though, but I'm happy xx

» Add a new message to this topic