FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Lost my biking mojo

Lost my biking mojo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ack n Foxy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Notts/Derby border

I’ve lost my biking mojo.... got three bikes sat in the garage... did around 1500 miles last year after usually doing 10000-15000 plus per year all over Europe and farther afield. What with all this rubbish weather, lockdown, covid, the bike racing all being cancelled last year, overseas travel pretty much banned.... when will it all end. Would love to go green laneing again, or just jump on my big bike and ride to the ferry and go somewhere wild and exciting on the other side of Europe.... Croatia, or Romania.... or maybe through Spain to Morocco.... can’t see it happening this year. May as well just sell the lot and buy a new car

Foxy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You will regret it !! I had a similar thought just after Xmas but then I gave my head a shake and went and bought another one. It can’t last forever.

By *londie and him 1Couple  over a year ago

north west

Hang in there foxy tomorrow will be a better day x

By *j321Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Don’t do it you will regret it I did it few years ago then had to buy another bike

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

It may well go on all year and not able to get across the water. But think about this, all of a sudden things just get better and we didn't foresee it. You have now sold your bike/bikes, you can now jump on that ferry. How bad you going to feel. Wrap the bike up and wait, what harm is it going to do by sitting in the garage waiting patiently for you to run in take the covers off and get it ready for the off at the weekend

By *edyarisCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough or Ullswater

"Don’t do it you will regret it I did it few years ago then had to buy another bike "

I'll second this, I'm in this position now and God knows when I'll be able to get out and look for a new one.

"I’ve lost my biking mojo.... got three bikes sat in the garage... did around 1500 miles last year after usually doing 10000-15000 plus per year all over Europe and farther afield. What with all this rubbish weather, lockdown, covid, the bike racing all being cancelled last year, overseas travel pretty much banned.... when will it all end. Would love to go green laneing again, or just jump on my big bike and ride to the ferry and go somewhere wild and exciting on the other side of Europe.... Croatia, or Romania.... or maybe through Spain to Morocco.... can’t see it happening this year. May as well just sell the lot and buy a new car

Foxy "

You definitely regret it, I did similar a few yrs ago, as soon as my bike went I wanted it back, a few yrs later and I've got myself another bike

By *rygveMan  over a year ago

The Shires

I keep looking at my KTM longing to get out green laning again. Definitely wouldn’t sell it. First chance I get I’ll be back out on it. Hang in there.

By *iking SoftiesCouple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

There are some great rides in this country even if we cant get. to the continent we will be exploring bits of the UK like never before. You will get your mojo back when the sun comes out and the restrictions are relaxed.

We'd arranged to go back to Spain in 2020, down through France over the Picos and tour around Spain and Portugal.

Of course it was cancelled so instead I concentrated on my RBR land Marks.

Had a week in The Highlands, four days in Wales and a week around Norfolk, Suffolk and Sussex.

It was ace, got good points, got sun burnt, had ace roads and didn't really miss the continent all that much.

The moment the bikes have gone is the moment you'll regret your decision.

Make the most of what you've got and you'll appreciate more what you can have in the future once restrictions are lifted.

As a foot note, I go to the Highlands every year to ride my bikes and have done from being a bread snapper, it's just as amazing as the Alps, Dolomites, Voges and pretty much anything Norway has to offer.

By *ennis and MinnieCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

Going through the same feelings, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Had some great rides in Wales last year.

By *ack n Foxy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Notts/Derby border

Yeah you’re all right. Was just having a bad day. I’ll fit my new brake pads to my sports bike today and stop these silly thoughts immediately. Thanks for the comments

Foxy x

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

I hadn’t used my Enduro bike in nearly 2 years I hadn’t competed for 3 years . Time was taking its toll on the old body that old saying the “ older I get the faster I was “ kept coming to the forefront .

Just before before lockdown I got invited to join a few other riders ( mostly younger experts ) on a training day with coaching from an ex pro rider .

It was a tough day , hanging with the kids they were quick , and I was knackered afterwards but I did hang with them .. And it was awesome in the van back home telling the tales .. When the lads dropped me off they said “ see you soon “ .. you betcha you will ..

And that’s the point , whenever you feel like packing it in and it has been tough in the past year .. One good ride though and your back in the game ..Love life , love bikes !!!

Ours has been in the shed for months, mot ran out months ago and can't get the enthusiasm to get it done, I think when it warms up and the restrictions are eased then we'll get our zest for getting out on it back.

By *omeoandRebeccaCouple  over a year ago

Funky Town

Same but hopefully when better weather comes the riding shall begin.

I hope?

By *ordOfMisrule.Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

Hang in there foxy, I guarantee you would only regret it selling them.

What bikes do you have ?

I had the same problem a cpl of years ago. So, i changed tak and went off in a direction i never dreamed o_ and bought a Harley. Changing my outlook and how to ride a big low slow putt putt, made riding interesting again. Soon bought another Speed triple though, when the mojo returned.

Stop talking man. Slap yourself hard around the face . What are you saying. One night of swappung bikes and wifes and youre be cured. Put us on your " to meet list"

By *reenlanerCouple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Ive gone from doing 30k a year to doing 4 k in two years no longer ride for business

But would i sell them cant see that happening

By *rkkidMan  over a year ago

Cork

In the same predicament.. Have owned a bike since I was 19. Main mode of transport. From 250, 500, 650, 750, 1000.

Up until 3 years ago had never had my own cage insurance. You don't want to know how much that cost ffs :/ Was always named drive on family/ partner's cage insurance since I was 18.

When my Son was born and after getting the car the bike has been left sitting..

And honestly I'd rather let it go than leave it sit not being used..

If i do sell it, i can always get one when the time is right. Hopefully my Son will be able to travel alongside me in years to come..

But have 3 bikes sitting? From milage 10/15k down to 1500...

Keep 1 you really are attached to.

People fall in/ out of love... be it hobbies/ people/ motorcycles..

So I wouldn't be afraid to let go n see someone else enjoy the passion/ love/ excitement you once had that first day of the journey...

I love motorcycles and always will... If i own 1 or not....

Ride safe all

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

go out and buy a classic bike doing 30/40 miles round local roads can take just as much planning and time as a 3000m european trip

By *nrealfeelMan  over a year ago

cork

"I’ve lost my biking mojo.... got three bikes sat in the garage... did around 1500 miles last year after usually doing 10000-15000 plus per year all over Europe and farther afield. What with all this rubbish weather, lockdown, covid, the bike racing all being cancelled last year, overseas travel pretty much banned.... when will it all end. Would love to go green laneing again, or just jump on my big bike and ride to the ferry and go somewhere wild and exciting on the other side of Europe.... Croatia, or Romania.... or maybe through Spain to Morocco.... can’t see it happening this year. May as well just sell the lot and buy a new car

Foxy "

I come from a family of bikers and my father still driving at 83 a BMW r1200r.... he's always been my inspiration to me....only 4 weeks ago I lost a tricked out r1 in a fire which I slept only 3 mtrs away from..... I've 3 bikes and was aiming up to sell and purchase a yamaha mt10..... that dream is over and in the dust..... does that disencouge my dreams.... yes it does but when you fall off and fear the unknown.... know this fact...... when one a bike it's you and your thoughts, when on adventure is your adventure.... do what makes you smile.... so drive on the fuck and do what makes you happy...... try drag racing, track days, restoring, street fighters etc..... cars will bore you and are expensive to get the bang for the buck..... on the back wheel best of luck

By *ave2525Man  over a year ago

caerphilly

[Removed by poster at 11/02/21 13:56:26]

By *hropmMan  over a year ago

shrewsbury

Had not been for ride since before 1st lockdown took it out for short ride last week my god so rusty plan to ride alot more once all this crap is out of the way

By *moothshaftMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"Yeah you’re all right. Was just having a bad day. I’ll fit my new brake pads to my sports bike today and stop these silly thoughts immediately. Thanks for the comments

Foxy x"

Foxy what adventure bike you got?

I've not long bought a GS1200 Adventurer, it's bloody great, but I've spilt it already, at zero MPH! It's just so high off the ground, I'm 5'10 but you're only 5'1.......how do you do it!! Lol x

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I sold my bike when I started a new job that came with a company car, biggest mistake of my life. It was nice having the bike in the garage, knowing that I could go out on it. I didn't use it that much, due to things getting in the way.

By *aseman_291Man  over a year ago

kildare

Hang on in there summers on the way and things looking brighter..

Weather will change soon get lockdown out the way you will soon want back out there

By *OODTONGUEMARKMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

got the same issue lost all MOJO

I go all round Europe twice a year for 8 years meet up with fellow bikers but over the last year done 200 mile

I've got 2 big Harleys and Indian scout bobber thinking fuckit get rid

even on a nice day it's a drag to get up and get one of them out.

By *ranny hunterMan  over a year ago

Durham

Got a trophy been standing since first lockdown.only done 125 miles in the last18 months . Can’t seem to get interested in riding again

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Got a trophy been standing since first lockdown.only done 125 miles in the last18 months . Can’t seem to get interested in riding again "

Wait till the warmer weather is here, you'll be itching for a ride up the Dales

By *iking SoftiesCouple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

we had our first run out together yesterday, nothing major just to Matlock Bath, loved it. looking forward to getting further afield as weather warms up.

I am really missing my biking, can't wait to meet up at the local bikers cafe when it's open

» Add a new message to this topic