FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > New bike on Saturday :)

New bike on Saturday :)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well, not a brand new bike, but new to us.

We are planning on doing a bit more touring and the B-King, which I’m keeping btw, isn’t ideal for it.

Getting a DL 1000 GT V Strom (2008). I know these aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but it will suit the purpose.

Anyone else got or had one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *artyboy89Man  over a year ago

Eglinton

I love the Vstorm and hope to have one some day wish you all the best with it

By *uskymotoMan  over a year ago

Cumbria

Suzuki always made great v twin engines, I've had a few (TL1000S, TL1000R, SV1000) and the Vstrom is a good value underrated touring bike. I was tempted to get one when I wanted a touring bike but ended up with a Tiger 1050 sport.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mate had one, same year and did track days on it, toured the continent, scratched and commuted.

Did everything my new S10 did and was quicker.

Great bikes and one of the Japs finest motors ever.

Good luck with your new bike!

Well, I have had the V Strom a month now and I have to say, it has exceeded my expectations.

The ride is very comfortable and it has plenty of power where it needs it. The only thing I can fault is power/acceleration at lower speed/revs, it can be a little sporadic. Going to solve this with a remap for smoother fuel delivery.

Overall, really happy with the bike

"Well, I have had the V Strom a month now and I have to say, it has exceeded my expectations.

The ride is very comfortable and it has plenty of power where it needs it. The only thing I can fault is power/acceleration at lower speed/revs, it can be a little sporadic. Going to solve this with a remap for smoother fuel delivery.

Overall, really happy with the bike "

You want to try and commute on a Ducati...lol

Only draw back with a big V twin is the low speed lumpiness but the Strom of my mates was relatively smooth at low speed, well compared to my Ducati at any rate.

"Well, I have had the V Strom a month now and I have to say, it has exceeded my expectations.

Only draw back with a big V twin is the low speed lumpiness but the Strom of my mates was relatively smooth at low speed, well compared to my Ducati at any rate."

I thought the same initially now I ride one gear lower in town and let the engine breathe a bit

[Removed by poster at 10/05/21 15:03:49]

Only draw back with a big V twin is the low speed lumpiness but the Strom of my mates was relatively smooth at low speed, well compared to my Ducati at any rate."

That’s the reason for remapping it, it will make it smoother at low speed.

By *igjockme1Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I just think your ace for having a Bking, i have one too

» Add a new message to this topic