FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Fab biker camping

Fab biker camping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone know of a open minded campsite preferably northwest or north wales where to areange a fab biker camp night ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

We'd be up for a fab biker camping weekend

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Would be interested if you arrange one

By *iMarried2016Man  over a year ago

Near you

Me too for a biker camping or ride-outs group!!

By *D2015Couple  over a year ago

Wokingham

We would love this

Sounds fun to us

By *jcukMan  over a year ago

Solihull

That's a +1 from me

"Anyone know of a open minded campsite preferably northwest or north wales where to areange a fab biker camp night ??"

I’ll do some homework on possible sites that are biker friendly

"Anyone know of a open minded campsite preferably northwest or north wales where to areange a fab biker camp night ??"
if anyone has any ideas on any sites let me know

By *iMarried2016Man  over a year ago

Near you

The places over North wales Benar beach i think its called worth a look!

"The places over North wales Benar beach i think its called worth a look! "

I’ll check it out thanks

Sounds like fun, we would be interested

I'd be interested

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

I'd bed interested in a fab biker camping weekend xx

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Look under the Camping section.

There's a thread about a Fab Camping Weekend.

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

Blond would be the star of the camp site

Durham

looks like OP wasn't up for it then

By *ad habit to breakMan  over a year ago

South manchester

Seems not.. doh... another one bites the dust

We need someone to take up the mantel haha

I know plenty of campsites. But never organised something with multiple people....

"We'd be up for a fab biker camping weekend "

So would we

Durham

"We need someone to take up the mantel haha

I know plenty of campsites. But never organised something with multiple people....

"

If you have the knowledge of campsites you should team up with someone who has knowledge of organising

"We need someone to take up the mantel haha

If you have the knowledge of campsites you should team up with someone who has knowledge of organising "

Happy to try

I'm thinking a small to medium site with basic facilities then if we get enough interest can commander the whole site?

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

Only problem is most campsites are rammed this year already, certainly in the lakes anyways, but we love a few beers round the tent

By *reason69Couple  over a year ago

Blackburn

We r up for it xx

Durham

"Only problem is most campsites are rammed this year already, certainly in the lakes anyways, but we love a few beers round the tent "

Bigger problem is when we helped someone set a fab biker rally up, us and couple of others all helped then just as tickets and invites would have been sent and on sale the organisers left the site without explaining to anyone. The site owners then got onto us for an explanation. We were just helping with info and stuff. They left a few of us up the creak. Not nice of them at all we thought. We did tell them from the start it wouldn't be easy but they were so up for doing it then let everyone down. That was 3 years ago.

Durham

#not fab site owners but the venue site where the rally was meant to be#

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

"Only problem is most campsites are rammed this year already, certainly in the lakes anyways, but we love a few beers round the tent

Bigger problem is when we helped someone set a fab biker rally up, us and couple of others all helped then just as tickets and invites would have been sent and on sale the organisers left the site without explaining to anyone. The site owners then got onto us for an explanation. We were just helping with info and stuff. They left a few of us up the creak. Not nice of them at all we thought. We did tell them from the start it wouldn't be easy but they were so up for doing it then let everyone down. That was 3 years ago. "

Just like 80% of the members on here, good job the other 20% are genuine and decent folk hope you are both well

Durham

"Only problem is most campsites are rammed this year already, certainly in the lakes anyways, but we love a few beers round the tent

Bigger problem is when we helped someone set a fab biker rally up, us and couple of others all helped then just as tickets and invites would have been sent and on sale the organisers left the site without explaining to anyone. The site owners then got onto us for an explanation. We were just helping with info and stuff. They left a few of us up the creak. Not nice of them at all we thought. We did tell them from the start it wouldn't be easy but they were so up for doing it then let everyone down. That was 3 years ago.

Just like 80% of the members on here, good job the other 20% are genuine and decent folk hope you are both well "

You are so right. We are both doing OK.

Good to be getting back out and about. Went camping for the first time this year up in Northumberland

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

Bigger problem is when we helped someone set a fab biker rally up, us and couple of others all helped then just as tickets and invites would have been sent and on sale the organisers left the site without explaining to anyone. The site owners then got onto us for an explanation. We were just helping with info and stuff. They left a few of us up the creak. Not nice of them at all we thought. We did tell them from the start it wouldn't be easy but they were so up for doing it then let everyone down. That was 3 years ago. "

i often wondered what happened to them only good thing to come out of it was getting to know you both

Camping, is that where you spend lots of money on gear to live like a homeless person?

Durham

"Camping, is that where you spend lots of money on gear to live like a homeless person? "

We love it. Getting up to cook breakfast among everyone who is camping around you having great craic. Can't beat it, can't get that in a hotel. Secret is, buy good quality camping gear for a positive experience.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

Love camping too! You're right about having good quality equipment, it makes such a difference to the whole experience. When I'm cycle touring in the UK, I don't carry any cooking equipment (saves weight and space) so I don't get to have a nice warm brew untill I've found a coffee shop or garage.

Durham

"Love camping too! You're right about having good quality equipment, it makes such a difference to the whole experience. When I'm cycle touring in the UK, I don't carry any cooking equipment (saves weight and space) so I don't get to have a nice warm brew untill I've found a coffee shop or garage."

Couldn't do without stove n Kettle, coffee first before the day can start. But apparently as poster above says we are like the homeless so what would I know

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

"Love camping too! You're right about having good quality equipment, it makes such a difference to the whole experience. When I'm cycle touring in the UK, I don't carry any cooking equipment (saves weight and space) so I don't get to have a nice warm brew untill I've found a coffee shop or garage.

Couldn't do without stove n Kettle, coffee first before the day can start. But apparently as poster above says we are like the homeless so what would I know "

Lol. Thinking of buying a king sized box of Kleenex and selling them individually on a street corner... "Big tissue..."

"

We love it. Getting up to cook breakfast among everyone who is camping around you having great craic. Can't beat it, can't get that in a hotel. Secret is, buy good quality camping gear for a positive experience. "

Yes. Good equipment is essential

Durham

"

We love it. Getting up to cook breakfast among everyone who is camping around you having great craic. Can't beat it, can't get that in a hotel. Secret is, buy good quality camping gear for a positive experience.

Yes. Good equipment is essential "

And camping gear

"

Yes. Good equipment is essential

And camping gear "

Lol. Yes, good camping gear too

"Camping, is that where you spend lots of money on gear to live like a homeless person?

We love it. Getting up to cook breakfast among everyone who is camping around you having great craic. Can't beat it, can't get that in a hotel. Secret is, buy good quality camping gear for a positive experience. "

Camping is ace. My advice if any one wants it, is to fill a flask of boiling water just before bedtime. Then in the morning, as everyone is asleep and you want to watch the early morning sun, with damp grass under bare feet, you can make a brew quietly, without flashing up the petrol stove, and sit on your favourite camping chair watching a new day begin. Fabulous.

Well we’ve got a new tent and some gear, was going to do some wild camping to try it out but I like this idea better. However I’ve never camped for years and I’m not sure Kay ever has!!! So may need help putting it up. (Tent that is ) No idea how she will cope without hair dryer and straighteners.

Durham

"Well we’ve got a new tent and some gear, was going to do some wild camping to try it out but I like this idea better. However I’ve never camped for years and I’m not sure Kay ever has!!! So may need help putting it up. (Tent that is ) No idea how she will cope without hair dryer and straighteners."

I would suggest if Kay has never camped wild camping could put her off for life. Maybe pick a nice camp site for a Friday and Saturday night. We've just been on a site in Wooler. Toilet blocks and showers were immaculate. You could also have a pitch with electric for the tent so no issues with her hair dryer and even a small fan heater. We didn't do the electric thing as we've been camping for years so we are all self sufficient. We are looking forward to another visit at some point this summer so give us a shout and we can help with your tent

Yeah I think you’re probably right, she’s used to premier inns !! We could be interested in Wooler, Northumberland is her favourite place so it’s definitely an option especially with electricity

By *hor ThumbMan  over a year ago

bristol

Love this idea... cornwall perhaps?

Count me in I'd love to go for a Fab biker outing

Why don't we try and pick a central campsite,so it's kind of fair on all UK fab bikers,there must be one,if we a look at where people are and try and find an equal distanced campsite,I'm sure there would be more interest.thoughts people?

"Why don't we try and pick a central campsite,so it's kind of fair on all UK fab bikers,there must be one,if we a look at where people are and try and find an equal distanced campsite,I'm sure there would be more interest.thoughts people?"

Well considering most ‘bikers’ these days are fair weather and at best clock 1k miles a year I think several dotted over the uk would be more feasible than trying to organise one only

"Why don't we try and pick a central campsite,so it's kind of fair on all UK fab bikers,there must be one,if we a look at where people are and try and find an equal distanced campsite,I'm sure there would be more interest.thoughts people?

Well considering most ‘bikers’ these days are fair weather and at best clock 1k miles a year I think several dotted over the uk would be more feasible than trying to organise one only"

I actually think you'd be surprised how many would turn up,look at the bulldog bash people came from all over Europe,most rallies you'll get people come absolute miles so I think that statement is a tad unfair,and pigeon holing bikers ,

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We would turn up,we both ride, will keep an eye on this thread.

Durham

"Why don't we try and pick a central campsite,so it's kind of fair on all UK fab bikers,there must be one,if we a look at where people are and try and find an equal distanced campsite,I'm sure there would be more interest.thoughts people?

Well considering most ‘bikers’ these days are fair weather and at best clock 1k miles a year I think several dotted over the uk would be more feasible than trying to organise one onlyI actually think you'd be surprised how many would turn up,look at the bulldog bash people came from all over Europe,most rallies you'll get people come absolute miles so I think that statement is a tad unfair,and pigeon holing bikers ,"

You don't need everyone to attend, just enough numbers to make it viable. If anyone is wanting to organise this kind of event, if you private message us we can point you to a suitable venue for you to contact them. There was an avent in the final stages the other year but the organisers went unlos without contacting anyone they were cancelling. The owners of the venue couldn't believe it. The couple organising it were at the stage of selling tickets. All of us that had helped them along the way were left in the cold too. Terrible behaviour.

Well considering most ‘bikers’ these days are fair weather and at best clock 1k miles a year I think several dotted over the uk would be more feasible than trying to organise one onlyI actually think you'd be surprised how many would turn up,look at the bulldog bash people came from all over Europe,most rallies you'll get people come absolute miles so I think that statement is a tad unfair,and pigeon holing bikers ,

You don't need everyone to attend, just enough numbers to make it viable. If anyone is wanting to organise this kind of event, if you private message us we can point you to a suitable venue for you to contact them. There was an avent in the final stages the other year but the organisers went unlos without contacting anyone they were cancelling. The owners of the venue couldn't believe it. The couple organising it were at the stage of selling tickets. All of us that had helped them along the way were left in the cold too. Terrible behaviour. "

yes,great idea,it would obviously have to be a whole weekend,plus for me it would be a great ride up,not sure I could organise something this big,it would take some organising,don't mind helping,marshalling ,maybe get there early and help set up.

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

Been far too ling since my last bike rally ...

Very interested

By *ingdong100Man  over a year ago

West yorkshire

Heading to North Wales at the weekend for riding and camping,only me so far.

By *oldenfoxMan  over a year ago

chester

Thinking of giving it a go next summer maybe North Wales or Scotland

"We'd be up for a fab biker camping weekend "

Hopefully the Not Fortgotten will be on next summer. Be great if some like minded biker vets are there.

Has anyone been to the Perverts in Leather Rally? I've always fancied it but never been.

By *kninjaMan  over a year ago

manchester

I have been just the once.

It's been cancelled the last two years because of covid

It's good fun, beer, bands, bike show, and silly games.

Hope to get there again next year, already got my ticket.

By *ingdong100Man  over a year ago

West yorkshire

I'll be heading to either north Wales or the lake district for a nights camping this Saturday, looking for a site with a pub to get a meal and a couple of beers,anyone else out and about this weekend?

By *teve_S65Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

OP Great idea, I’d be up for this but could turn into a beer fest with the number of blokes to women

"OP Great idea, I’d be up for this but could turn into a beer fest with the number of blokes to women "

Beer and sausage fest

» Add a new message to this topic