FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Hopefully #TT2022# Hopefully

Hopefully #TT2022# Hopefully

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and B OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

After our being able to visit to Isle of Man for August Bank Holiday due to us having both Vaccines, a requirement to get through Isle of Man Border. Hopefully with them having a great strategy and great vaccine rollout to control this terrible virus they can go ahead with TT2020. Whether or not you will still need vaccine status to go to TT is any ones guess. Lets hope all goes in a positive direction and we can get to the best bikers party and road racing the world has on offer

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

Durham

One good thing about 2022 TT is that it is all paid for as its all been brought forward from 2020. Good for the wallet next year.

By *oryourfantasies96Man  over a year ago

Douglas

Hoping it's going to be back on next year aswell, living on the island its been too quiet without the TT fortnight, bikes and proper bushys is mixed and much needed!!

Durham

[Removed by poster at 10/10/21 16:01:28]

Durham

"Hoping it's going to be back on next year aswell, living on the island its been too quiet without the TT fortnight, bikes and proper bushys is mixed and much needed!! "

We were in Bushy's village last month over the August Bank Holiday. Had a great few days on the rock

Douglas

The bushys village for the bank holiday weekend was good but it wasn't the same and when it's there for TT. May have seen you in there as spent a bit of time in there aswell

By *he_golf_swingerMan  over a year ago

carrickfergus

Hoping to get over myself or 2023. Have never been so its a must to get there. Also hopefully the NW200 goes ahead

Durham

[Removed by poster at 11/10/21 13:08:55]

Durham

"Hoping to get over myself or 2023. Have never been so its a must to get there. Also hopefully the NW200 goes ahead"

Its addictive, been going every year for over 20 years now

carrickfergus

Will be great to get there. Sooner rather than later

Durham

32 weeks to practice week. Fingers crossed

By *amedgMan  over a year ago

Enniskillen

Someone is counting down the weeks to TT lol would you think any point in trying to look to go in 2022 now ?

Durham

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 07:09:19]

Durham

"Someone is counting down the weeks to TT lol would you think any point in trying to look to go in 2022 now ?"

Its always worth booking TT. You will be limited what ferries are available so you won't be able to pick n choose. Think February Steam Packet release all the unpaid bookings, again that will be limited for 2022 as most have been carried over since 2020. Get something booked when you can, then you know you have a crossing

Enniskillen

No ferry at min for race week ??????????

Durham

"No ferry at min for race week ??????????"

Like I said you not going to be able to pick what ferry is best for you at this time. It could be they are holding all spare places till February. Give steam packet a call on the phone, they'll give you all the info you need

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No ferry at min for race week ??????????"

I checked the other day and all I could see was the sun to wed for the ferry.

Enniskillen

Will check again

Durham

"Will check again "

Hope you got it sorted

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Don't forget road racing on the IOW in April. Not sure who's attending.

Durham

"Don't forget road racing on the IOW in April. Not sure who's attending. "

We did read about that earlier this week, they haven't obtained a license yet though from IOW officials have they

By *olinservingMan  over a year ago

wallasey

Confession time……. TT virgin here, oh the shame of it…..

It’s on my (rather large) bucket list though!

By *exbot 1Man  over a year ago

Chester le street

"Confession time……. TT virgin here, oh the shame of it…..

It’s on my (rather large) bucket list though!"

Yes an mine to

Durham

"Confession time……. TT virgin here, oh the shame of it…..

It’s on my (rather large) bucket list though!Yes an mine to "

No good being on the bucket list, needs to be on the been there done that list. Well the been there and going again list more so

By *im fuegoMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I’m booked for the next Classic/MGP, carried over from last year and this year. Ain’t even gonna try and get crossings for the TT !

Durham

"I’m booked for the next Classic/MGP, carried over from last year and this year. Ain’t even gonna try and get crossings for the TT !"

We are booked for both, like you say all carried over from 2020

By *tarlight7365Couple  over a year ago

Norfolk

For anyone looking for TT ferry tickets ,there is a Facebook page (IOM TT Ferry ticket buy & sell 2022 ) where people are wanting to sell their pre booked tickets when they can’t go ! ..thank me later..

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I think it's more likely that the TT will go ahead next year, obviously it depends on what new variants of Covid appear before then.

I'm getting lot of TT stuff on Facebook, new rules and safety measures brought in for next year. Including, reducing the grid for the races, only 60 starters now allowed I think. Plus all race bikes and travelling marshalls etc will be fitted with GPS sensors.

Durham

"For anyone looking for TT ferry tickets ,there is a Facebook page (IOM TT Ferry ticket buy & sell 2022 ) where people are wanting to sell their pre booked tickets when they can’t go ! ..thank me later.."

Didn't know this, great info we can pass onto others in the future

Norfolk

"For anyone looking for TT ferry tickets ,there is a Facebook page (IOM TT Ferry ticket buy & sell 2022 ) where people are wanting to sell their pre booked tickets when they can’t go ! ..thank me later..

Didn't know this, great info we can pass onto others in the future "

Fingers crossed it all goes ahead as planned ! ..everything crossed !

Durham

"For anyone looking for TT ferry tickets ,there is a Facebook page (IOM TT Ferry ticket buy & sell 2022 ) where people are wanting to sell their pre booked tickets when they can’t go ! ..thank me later..

Didn't know this, great info we can pass onto others in the future

Fingers crossed it all goes ahead as planned ! ..everything crossed !"

Yes everything crossed, but now and again uncross, then cross everything again

By *uki75Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

Hoping the TT will go ahead but who knows at this stage. The Manx GP is always my preference but looks like certainly isnt goin to be same again Also for anyone fancying a trip to the island... The Southern 100 is unreal...class racing

By *hoenix_1Man  over a year ago

richmond

Not been to the TT for a long time. Since I stopped spannering at meets. But plan to go to the Classis soon

richmond

Also used to go to the North West. Ulster and lots of club races in ireland

Durham

"Hoping the TT will go ahead but who knows at this stage. The Manx GP is always my preference but looks like certainly isnt goin to be same again Also for anyone fancying a trip to the island... The Southern 100 is unreal...class racing "

We go to Manx every year as well as TT. Both really good for different reasons. Never been to Southern 100, just wish we could do it all

Really looking forward to going to this years TT. Everything booked and just hoping.

richmond

"

We go to Manx every year as well as TT. Both really good for different reasons. Never been to Southern 100, just wish we could do it all "

Used to love the southern 100 great close racing and always a fun time

Douglas

So far it's still questionable but looking better than it has done past couple of years...

Durham

"So far it's still questionable but looking better than it has done past couple of years..."

Entries for the racing opened for TT earlier this week, so their plan must be it's going ahead

By *rufflesCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Hoping the TT will go ahead but who knows at this stage. The Manx GP is always my preference but looks like certainly isnt goin to be same again Also for anyone fancying a trip to the island... The Southern 100 is unreal...class racing "

Was announced a couple of days ago on Manx Radio that TT 2022 is now open for entries. Obviously Covid will have the final say!!

Dublin

Definitely recommend the Southern 100... ??

By *exhornMan  over a year ago

city

Thinking of heading over to the Manx in August anyone going if we are allowed ?

Durham

"Thinking of heading over to the Manx in August anyone going if we are allowed ?"

We go to both Manx and TT

city

"Thinking of heading over to the Manx in August anyone going if we are allowed ?

We go to both Manx and TT "

very good would you know of any acc please

Durham

"Thinking of heading over to the Manx in August anyone going if we are allowed ?

We go to both Manx and TT very good would you know of any acc please "

Lots of camp sites and accommodation if you search, we stay at friends so don't have a recommendations

city

We go to both Manx and TT very good would you know of any acc please

Lots of camp sites and accommodation if you search, we stay at friends so don't have a recommendations "

great I will have a look

Thanks .

wolverhampton

I can recommend Douglas Rugby Club at Quarterbridge for camping , easy to get to, walking distance into town of an evening, was £11pp per night last TT, plenty of showers, clubhouse for breakfast and beers

Durham

[Removed by poster at 14/01/22 12:39:48]

Durham

"I can recommend Douglas Rugby Club at Quarterbridge for camping , easy to get to, walking distance into town of an evening, was £11pp per night last TT, plenty of showers, clubhouse for breakfast and beers"

We used to stay here many years ago before we stayed with friends. Good bar, food is ok and like poster says not a bad price. However not sure they do this for Manx as it was always just a TT thing for them, contact them and ask the question

wolverhampton

[Removed by poster at 14/01/22 14:46:21]

wolverhampton

I’ve stayed there twice for the classic/manx. Not quite so busy and food not available all day. Wasnt 24 hour open clubhouse so no 5am showers in the changing rooms or toilets in the warm but the showers and toilets outside in the trailers were fine

wolverhampton

We’ve carried our last two years bookings over for the Manx so all being well shall be there in August

Durham

"I’ve stayed there twice for the classic/manx. Not quite so busy and food not available all day. Wasnt 24 hour open clubhouse so no 5am showers in the changing rooms or toilets in the warm but the showers and toilets outside in the trailers were fine"

Great info.

Our bookings for both TT and Manx have been carried over for the two years too, hopefully 2022 will be the year to get back to the racing again

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

"I’ve stayed there twice for the classic/manx. Not quite so busy and food not available all day. Wasnt 24 hour open clubhouse so no 5am showers in the changing rooms or toilets in the warm but the showers and toilets outside in the trailers were fine

Great info.

Our bookings for both TT and Manx have been carried over for the two years too, hopefully 2022 will be the year to get back to the racing again "

amen to that

Norfolk

20wks today & we will be there ! .can’t wait!

Durham

"20wks today & we will be there ! .can’t wait!"

Haha a countdown has begun, 19 weeks and 6 days for us

Norfolk

"20wks today & we will be there ! .can’t wait!

Haha a countdown has begun, 19 weeks and 6 days for us "

It sure has ! We are that excited ..after 2years let’s hope we are blessed with great weather alongside great safe racing for everyone

Norfolk

"I’ve stayed there twice for the classic/manx. Not quite so busy and food not available all day. Wasnt 24 hour open clubhouse so no 5am showers in the changing rooms or toilets in the warm but the showers and toilets outside in the trailers were fine

Great info.

Our bookings for both TT and Manx have been carried over for the two years too, hopefully 2022 will be the year to get back to the racing again "

Have you seen the New dates & format released for the manx this year ?

Durham

Great info.

Our bookings for both TT and Manx have been carried over for the two years too, hopefully 2022 will be the year to get back to the racing again

Have you seen the New dates & format released for the manx this year ?

"

We've heard about it. Our main priority these days are to catch up with friends. Been going to the rock that long, racing is 2nd priority now. We just love the whole place as well as the Island coming alive during race weeks

market harborough

just checked the new format out it actualy looks more like the old manx format with a mixture of modern and classic racing at the same time perfect

Durham

Have to start a Manx GP Thread. Seems like there's enough chat about it

Norfolk

"just checked the new format out it actualy looks more like the old manx format with a mixture of modern and classic racing at the same time perfect "

Yes we thought the same.Probably won’t go this year but next is the centenary so something to look forward too !.

A bit of a ball ache for those that have 14 days booked instead of the 9 it’s reduced down too !

carrickfergus

Anyone for the NW 200 this year

market harborough

"just checked the new format out it actualy looks more like the old manx format with a mixture of modern and classic racing at the same time perfect

Yes we thought the same.Probably won’t go this year but next is the centenary so something to look forward too !.

A bit of a ball ache for those that have 14 days booked instead of the 9 it’s reduced down too ! "

feeling smug booked weds to weds

Durham

"just checked the new format out it actualy looks more like the old manx format with a mixture of modern and classic racing at the same time perfect

A bit of a ball ache for those that have 14 days booked instead of the 9 it’s reduced down too !

feeling smug booked weds to weds "

We've just amended ours. Was Friday to Thurs. Now Thurs to Wednesday. Not that racing is our priority but the atmosphere is. Anyway this is our TT thread. Here's us talking about Manx. Chastise us and we'll start the Manx thread

Durham

[Removed by poster at 18/01/22 15:48:16]

Durham

feeling smug booked weds to weds

We've just amended ours. Was Friday to Thurs. Now Thurs to Wednesday. Not that racing is our priority but the atmosphere is. Anyway this is our TT thread. Here's us talking about Manx. Chastise us and we'll start the Manx thread "

Manx GP 2022 thread up and running. Put your Manx stuff there and TT stuff here lovely people

carrickfergus

Any MX chats on here?

Durham

"Any MX chats on here?"

Start a thread, sure there's plenty out there interested in the subject MX. This is a TT Thread for chat about TT 2020

Durham

#This is a TT Thread for chat about TT 2020. Living in the past or what #2022

Wouldn't get much chat about TT 2020 when there was no TT

#Eejit I am

Durham

Getting closer. Only another 4 months and it will be June

Dublin

Said on Manx radio today that organisers and the government will be making a statement mid February regarding the TT and shortages of marshals. Hope it works out

Durham

"Said on Manx radio today that organisers and the government will be making a statement mid February regarding the TT and shortages of marshals. Hope it works out "

TT have always had difficulty recruiting Marshals. Hopefully all will be good

Dublin

That's true enough but alot more this year due to ober 150 marshal's standing down over the sacking of a sector marshal by the clerk of course...so there is alot of work to be done unfortunately..

Durham

"That's true enough but alot more this year due to ober 150 marshal's standing down over the sacking of a sector marshal by the clerk of course...so there is alot of work to be done unfortunately.. "

We thought that might happen when we seen he had to go due to not agreeing to new rules put in place by ACU. Shame their loyalty is misplaced as its the racing that could suffer. All volunteers and all well respected people by everyone

By *anxdom18Man  over a year ago

Douglas

Hopefully see you over here for TT this year! It’s been too long since we had it x

By *acksunnydayCouple  over a year ago

Crosby

Mine to love the Southern and MGP as more relaxed than the TT.

Durham

"Hoping the TT will go ahead but who knows at this stage. The Manx GP is always my preference but looks like certainly isnt goin to be same again Also for anyone fancying a trip to the island... The Southern 100 is unreal...class racing

Mine to love the Southern and MGP as more relaxed than the TT. "

We haven't been going to Manx long, not as long as TT which every year for over 20 years, but what a great time we have had.

We were thinking this year at TT to to Laxey every morning for a cold dip in the sea before breakfast. We just seen the news updates yesterday about pollution in Laxey and Peel so we are rethinking that idea now.

Hoping that plans for the IOW TT get the go ahead soon too. Flipping council and nimbies are making hard work of it so far

Durham

"Hoping that plans for the IOW TT get the go ahead soon too. Flipping council and nimbies are making hard work of it so far "

I may be wrong, so will stand corrected, but did I read the idea had been knocked on the head?

market harborough

just booked up for a week on the island lets hope the fairies are in a good mood

Durham

"just booked up for a week on the island lets hope the fairies are in a good mood "

Brilliant you have got booked. You on the bike or in the van with a few bikes?

market harborough

tt on the ducati manx in the van with clunkers

Durham

Beware folks when booking for TT 2023 as the race schedule is changing. There will be racing on what was known as Mad Sunday and Senior will be on the Saturday not Friday. Just been checking this out on the net

By *ikernwitchCouple  over a year ago

high peak

Bring it on.. Got it carried over from 2020, been going on an off for years..We Love it over there.

Norfolk

"Beware folks when booking for TT 2023 as the race schedule is changing. There will be racing on what was known as Mad Sunday and Senior will be on the Saturday not Friday. Just been checking this out on the net "

Awesome ! More races ! More race days !

By *ikernwitchCouple  over a year ago

high peak

Will there be more racing or are they just spreading the races out... 1 a day instead of 2

Norfolk

"Will there be more racing or are they just spreading the races out... 1 a day instead of 2"

There will be 10 races instead of 8 & 6 race days instead of 4!

There will be a second race for superstocks & super twins .

By *anFromMarsMan  over a year ago

North

Cant wait to go back to the TT, went 4 years in a row up to 2005 then started racing short circuit myself in 2006 so never got back to the TT.

I turn 50 in 2 years and returning to the TT is how I plan on celebrating it, until then thank feck all races are being streamed live this year

[Removed by poster at 17/02/22 00:03:13]

"Hoping that plans for the IOW TT get the go ahead soon too. Flipping council and nimbies are making hard work of it so far

I may be wrong, so will stand corrected, but did I read the idea had been knocked on the head? "

Just for the last proposed date as far as I'm aware because our local council are idiots and didn't process the paperwork in time

Norfolk

So the TT is definitely going ahead ! & the media launch took place yesterday for the southern 100!

Good times ahead !

Durham

"So the TT is definitely going ahead ! & the media launch took place yesterday for the southern 100!

Good times ahead ! "

Also all TT races are going to be live to watch via internet, never before has this happened in the history of the TT. Highlights will still be on ITV4

We can't wait 16 weeks Thurs gone and we'll be on the ferry

market harborough

"So the TT is definitely going ahead ! & the media launch took place yesterday for the southern 100!

Good times ahead !

Also all TT races are going to be live to watch via internet, never before has this happened in the history of the TT. Highlights will still be on ITV4

We can't wait 16 weeks Thurs gone and we'll be on the ferry "

i will beat you by a day nah nah nan nah nah

Durham

Good times ahead !

We can't wait 16 weeks Thurs gone and we'll be on the ferry

i will beat you by a day nah nah nan nah nah "

Yea but we are there 3 days longer so nah nah back at ye

By *JFuntimesCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm their from Friday 27th

Undecided about if I'll be Marshalling this time.

Love the place, my happy place, love to arrange a Fab ride over the Mountain if we can?

Durham

[Removed by poster at 21/02/22 08:46:18]

Durham

"I'm their from Friday 27th

Undecided about if I'll be Marshalling this time.

Love the place, my happy place, love to arrange a Fab ride over the Mountain if we can? "

Its the marshals that make the whole thing happen, respect to all of them. Get that mountain ride sorted, we are sure you will get a few of us up for it. When you sort a meeting place for us all let us know

By *aveyIOM1970Man  over a year ago

douglas

Not long to go before the craziness starts, how it’s been missed for the last couple of years x

Durham

"Not long to go before the craziness starts, how it’s been missed for the last couple of years x"

Couldn't have said it better. We for two have missed TT, we were over last August Bank Holiday. Was our first time out and boy did it hit the spot after a little apprehension. Ended up at the front of the stage at the Bushy's festival. We even remembered how to dance in front of a band

douglas

"Not long to go before the craziness starts, how it’s been missed for the last couple of years x

Couldn't have said it better. We for two have missed TT, we were over last August Bank Holiday. Was our first time out and boy did it hit the spot after a little apprehension. Ended up at the front of the stage at the Bushy's festival. We even remembered how to dance in front of a band "

I work in hospitality and whilst we got through the last couple of years, we are now gearing up for the start, even had a chat with one of the monster guys last week through work. All start to become real again

Durham

"Not long to go before the craziness starts, how it’s been missed for the last couple of years x

Couldn't have said it better. We for two have missed TT, we were over last August Bank Holiday. Was our first time out and boy did it hit the spot after a little apprehension. Ended up at the front of the stage at the Bushy's festival. We even remembered how to dance in front of a band

I work in hospitality and whilst we got through the last couple of years, we are now gearing up for the start, even had a chat with one of the monster guys last week through work. All start to become real again "

Well it's only 3 months away

douglas

Get to Easter and then we are half way there

Durham

We sail @ 11am Thursday 2nd June. Did we say we are excited

market harborough

see you in the rovers T time or should that be beer time lol

By *ereforfun321123Couple  over a year ago

Cotswolds

[Removed by poster at 28/02/22 17:50:20]

By *ereforfun321123Couple  over a year ago

Cotswolds

Can not wait, 5th-12th for us!.

Durham

"Can not wait, 5th-12th for us!. "

We can't wait to get on the ferry, well push the bike out the garage and get on it to the ferry 2nd June

Durham

Moddey Dhoo bike show in Peel has been announced. Think its Thursday 9th June

Douglas

Yes it's the 9th June. 11am start. Possibly see a few of you down there.

Norfolk

Hands up if your booked up for the TT surely there’s more than a handful of ‘fabbers’ going !..what’s your favourite watering hole while your there ?..& who’s your money on for fastest laps in 2022?

Durham

"Hands up if your booked up for the TT surely there’s more than a handful of ‘fabbers’ going !..what’s your favourite watering hole while your there ?..& who’s your money on for fastest laps in 2022?

"

Fastest lap, let's hope its McGunniss. We always go to pubs in Douglas, a lot of great pubs around town and on the Marina

Norfolk

"Hands up if your booked up for the TT surely there’s more than a handful of ‘fabbers’ going !..what’s your favourite watering hole while your there ?..& who’s your money on for fastest laps in 2022?

Fastest lap, let's hope its McGunniss. We always go to pubs in Douglas, a lot of great pubs around town and on the Marina "

I’m a big Mcguiness fan but my money this year is on Pete Hickman ,it’s nice to see the up and coming new comers doing well too .

I think Davey Todd is one to keep an eye out for ..Douglas has such a great atmosphere during TT week & yes the British on Douglas Quay makes for a good night for food & drink !

Not long now !!

Durham

Can't beat a full breakfast in the Caff on Lord Street

By *ex1981Man  over a year ago

right up your street , the wild Atlantic way

Skipping out on work and heading over for the last few days of practice, I have to sail home Sunday but I get the buzz and super bike and sidecar race in.

Norfolk

"Skipping out on work and heading over for the last few days of practice, I have to sail home Sunday but I get the buzz and super bike and sidecar race in.

"

The buzz is definitely what it’s about !

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

They are apparently struggling for race marshalls

Durham

"They are apparently struggling for race marshalls "

That is a story in itself. Lots of in fighting and politics going on. Fingers crossed for all the race teams it will get sorted

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

"They are apparently struggling for race marshalls

That is a story in itself. Lots of in fighting and politics going on. Fingers crossed for all the race teams it will get sorted "

Yeah fingers crossed and as you say a lot of internal politics. I know a few marshalls that have scooped me up from track over the years and none of them are going.

Norfolk

Negative nellys !…roll on TT2022!!

market harborough

any one know if the quarter bridge hotel is still open be good to meet up there for practice one night

Durham

"any one know if the quarter bridge hotel is still open be good to meet up there for practice one night "

Sure it's closed down now

market harborough

pity got fond memories of riding up there straight off the boat to watch early morning practice before we could get into the digs

Douglas

They are meant to be keeping the qb to reopen at tt and mgp only

Durham

Latest news on the Marshal issue was announced this morning....

The TTMA is on target for a record number of Marshals to complete their Incident Management ahead of this year’s TT.

That's according to government statement issued this morning

By *redator888Couple  over a year ago

barnsley

Looking forward to having a nice time at the TT this year stopping at union mills for race week

Norfolk

10wks !!!

Yes, we are certainly looking forward to this years TT, we are heading out there on 1st-10th June. Only issue is we have lost our home stay, so looks like sleeping in the van ?????

Crosby

And counting down lol

Crosby

"Yes, we are certainly looking forward to this years TT, we are heading out there on 1st-10th June. Only issue is we have lost our home stay, so looks like sleeping in the van ?????"

Pm me maybe able to help how many of you are there?

"Yes, we are certainly looking forward to this years TT, we are heading out there on 1st-10th June. Only issue is we have lost our home stay, so looks like sleeping in the van ?????

Pm me maybe able to help how many of you are there? "

Tried to pm you guys but it’s blocked. Any chance you can message me and I’ll respond.

There is two guys.

By *ex1981Man  over a year ago

right up your street , the wild Atlantic way

Only there fro a few days 2nd to the 5th . Up for Grabbing a drink or a coffee over the few days if anyone is up for it.

douglas

Not long to go now. Would be good to try and arrange a social ?

Durham

"Not long to go now. Would be good to try and arrange a social ?"

Let us know if you manage to sort one

douglas

"Not long to go now. Would be good to try and arrange a social ?

Let us know if you manage to sort one "

I will be working during the day but will have nights free to meet anything anyone could organize/,suggest

Durham

I will be working during the day but will have nights free to meet anything anyone could organize/,suggest "

Oh we see. We thought you were saying you would organise not wanting someone else to do it

douglas

I will be working during the day but will have nights free to meet anything anyone could organize/,suggest

Oh we see. We thought you were saying you would organise not wanting someone else to do it "

I could possibly organize a small gathering, on the child free times,

Durham

Oh we see. We thought you were saying you would organise not wanting someone else to do it

I could possibly organize a small gathering, on the child free times, "

We'll keep our eyes open and ears to the ground

Durham

Countdown, 8 weeks today we'll be on the ferry on route to the rock

Durham

When the sun comes out this week we'll hide it in our bag and let it back out when we get over for TT on 2nd June

douglas

"When the sun comes out this week we'll hide it in our bag and let it back out when we get over for TT on 2nd June "

Not long to go now and make sure you bring the sun with you

Durham

"When the sun comes out this week we'll hide it in our bag and let it back out when we get over for TT on 2nd June

Not long to go now and make sure you bring the sun with you "

We are counting down the last few weeks to wait. Sun is ordered already

By *urrey_2011Man  over a year ago

Ramsey

As we’re getting so close now anyone fancy meeting up socially while you’re all over? I expect it’ll be like herding cats but worth a try!!

douglas

"When the sun comes out this week we'll hide it in our bag and let it back out when we get over for TT on 2nd June

Not long to go now and make sure you bring the sun with you

We are counting down the last few weeks to wait. Sun is ordered already "

Yes we are into single figure weeks now, been to long and bring loads of sun with you

Durham

[Removed by poster at 13/04/22 17:35:23]

Durham

"As we’re getting so close now anyone fancy meeting up socially while you’re all over? I expect it’ll be like herding cats but worth a try!! "

Our friends arranged a little social in a pub in Douglas for 2019 TT. Had a lot of interest but only one couple from the Island turned up and 3 other biker couples so yes herding cats is about right. Have to say though that if you don't try you will never know, always good to try we say

market harborough

Atleast manx cats tell no tails

douglas

"As we’re getting so close now anyone fancy meeting up socially while you’re all over? I expect it’ll be like herding cats but worth a try!!

Our friends arranged a little social in a pub in Douglas for 2019 TT. Had a lot of interest but only one couple from the Island turned up and 3 other biker couples so yes herding cats is about right. Have to say though that if you don't try you will never know, always good to try we say

"

I am always willing to meet new people

Ramsey

"As we’re getting so close now anyone fancy meeting up socially while you’re all over? I expect it’ll be like herding cats but worth a try!!

"

It’s always the same but as you say if we don’t try… I’m in Ballaugh so maybe the Raven or Ginger. Being local we’d have to be discrete about how we all knew one another LOL! I’m up for a social with anyone, always nice to meet new people. Happy to show people about and help anyone that needs anything.., got a very well equipped garage and pretty handy with a spanner. Any one coming with off road bikes… I know the trails very well.

Durham

It’s always the same but as you say if we don’t try… I’m in Ballaugh so maybe the Raven or Ginger. Being local we’d have to be discrete about how we all knew one another LOL! I’m up for a social with anyone, always nice to meet new people. Happy to show people about and help anyone that needs anything.., got a very well equipped garage and pretty handy with a spanner. Any one coming with off road bikes… I know the trails very well. "

Great Post, sums up the Manx hospitality. We'll be out on the bike most days when we are over so meeting folk for a coffee during the day we can do

Durham

At this time, 11.15am, in 6 weeks, 2nd June, we'll be on Mannannin sailing to Isle of Man. Are we getting excited? You bet we are

douglas

"At this time, 11.15am, in 6 weeks, 2nd June, we'll be on Mannannin sailing to Isle of Man. Are we getting excited? You bet we are "

The weather has been gorgeous these last couple of days and hopefully will be like this for the duration of TT

Durham

Think I might sort a ride out from Douglas to the sound cafe. Not sure what day yet but will most likely be about 1pm

Douglas

Socials and ride outs sound good to me. Even better if leads to more with others.

Durham

"Think I might sort a ride out from Douglas to the sound cafe. Not sure what day yet but will most likely be about 1pm "

So who would be interested in this little ride out

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

I did get an email yesterday from Duke Travel saying that it all starts in 40 day's time ! Excited !!

Crosby

"Think I might sort a ride out from Douglas to the sound cafe. Not sure what day yet but will most likely be about 1pm

So who would be interested in this little ride out "

We moved to the south of the Island so will meet you there x

Durham

"Think I might sort a ride out from Douglas to the sound cafe. Not sure what day yet but will most likely be about 1pm

We moved to the south of the Island so will meet you there x

"

Will let you both know when we come up with a final plan

market harborough

So who would be interested in this little ride out "

always a pleasure riding on the island with friends old and new count me in

Durham

always a pleasure riding on the island with friends old and new count me in"

By *irChokesAlotMan  over a year ago

Warrington

35 days and counting till I'm finally back on the rock, absolutely ecstatic!

Durham

"35 days and counting till I'm finally back on the rock, absolutely ecstatic!

"

3 years since the last TT so yea ecstatic is an under statement

By *eterson999Man  over a year ago

Leicester

I am over now fir a few days then back fir the TT staying in Douglas

By *eterson999Man  over a year ago

Leicester

I am over now fir a few days then back fir the TT staying in Douglas

Durham

"I am over now fir a few days then back fir the TT staying in Douglas "

Great place even if TT isn't on. We love the Island

By *irChokesAlotMan  over a year ago

Warrington

"I am over now fir a few days then back fir the TT staying in Douglas

Great place even if TT isn't on. We love the Island "

I can second that! Very tempted to try and get over this weekend!

By *ider500Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

I cant wate I'm ther on the 27th for practice week

Durham

Countdown- 5 weeks and we'll be there. Sailing from Heysham 11am 2nd June

douglas

Been some lovely weather these last couple of days

Durham

"Been some lovely weather these last couple of days "

Don't you go using up all the good weather you lot are allocated before TT

Ramsey

"Been some lovely weather these last couple of days

Don't you go using up all the good weather you lot are allocated before TT "

It’s ok.. we’ve got a heat wave planned ??

Durham

"Been some lovely weather these last couple of days

Don't you go using up all the good weather you lot are allocated before TT

It’s ok.. we’ve got a heat wave planned ??"

That's as good as the news that TT is going to be returning. 4 weeks as well woo hoo

Durham

Well it doesn't look like our idea of a ride out social during TT to the sound went down well so when this thread fills up, just another 2 posts, we'll leave it there. There is another TT 2022 thread not long been started by another couple so we'll leave it to that thread. Most of all people, have a great TT and be safe. Hopefully we'll get to meet up with some of you while we are there

Ramsey

"Well it doesn't look like our idea of a ride out social during TT to the sound went down well so when this thread fills up, just another 2 posts, we'll leave it there. There is another TT 2022 thread not long been started by another couple so we'll leave it to that thread. Most of all people, have a great TT and be safe. Hopefully we'll get to meet up with some of you while we are there "

Still up for meeting if you guys are?

Durham

4 weeks and we'll be sitting on the ferry waiting to set sail