FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Rider headsets

Rider headsets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all

I'm looking for some new rider comms headsets to replace the current cheaper ones we are currently using....have a reasonable budget...maybe £300 for a pair...I'm looking at Sena or Cardo etc...any experience of either would be helpful..cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We use sena.

Good quality and easy to use.

I have since discovered, they make Harley davidson comms systems for them, in their bikes and headsets.

We use Sena 30k... you can buy a duel set for your budget (ish)... the main advantage of 30k and above is that it run mesh... so you can connect with a lot more people that standard bluetooth... we regularly ride in groups of 30+ and most of us have sena... we can then all chat whilst riding.

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

We have the Senna Bluetooth sets.

We bought them second hand from a friend of ours for £100.

You can buy new pads and battery packs to re-fresh the sets.

Bought a Scala Packtalk set around five years ago.

Just upgraded the speakers to JBL units.

I bought this over the Sena 20 as at the time the Scala unit was claimed waterproof.

It's been good but there are comprimises like the radio being utterly useless.

It has however been utterly reliable.

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

"We use sena.

I have since discovered, they make Harley davidson comms systems for them, in their bikes and headsets."

Daft question from me can you fit sena into any helmet I’ve got a Nolan n87 helmet but it’s not very good to much wind noise on my new bike so I might get a new helmet next year and put headset in the new helmet if that’s possible ??

Love the pics too

"We use sena.

I have since discovered, they make Harley davidson comms systems for them, in their bikes and headsets.

Daft question from me can you fit sena into any helmet I’ve got a Nolan n87 helmet but it’s not very good to much wind noise on my new bike so I might get a new helmet next year and put headset in the new helmet if that’s possible ??

Love the pics too "

Sena do helmet specific sets for some helmets.

I have an HJC flip helmet for touring and have sena specific to my helmet. A set of cheeck pads with everything built in.

But non specific kits will fit ant helmet.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

I have Sena in my GT air, s little disappointed on battery life but that's possibly due to having to have the volume on max whilst playing tunes (ear plugs ) otherwise phone communication excellent

By *loudz9Man  over a year ago

Chester le street

I have the 10s sound quality with music is not good but communications are very good even using phone at 60 mph. The sets are definitely waterproof I've ridden for 4 hours in torrential rain on one trip with no problem battery seems to last a good while. my set has been very well used over the years.

By *rygveMan  over a year ago

The Shires

I’ve have a Sena 20s and like it. The Ambient Mode is really handy feature when in service stations etc.

By *utocraft001Man  over a year ago

Halifax

I use the Cardo pack talk slim, simple enough to use and the voice command even works on my loud bike.

Good quality JBL speakers make the sound quality Up there with the best.

Battery life is excellent.

By *othighlander2Man  over a year ago

North Inverness

I bought the new Sena 50s and yeah its good but needs set up in the app which when done is good. Plus WiFi connection for updates. The voice control is good as well but doesn't always work. I find that its not easy to connect to other headsets using traditional bluetooth if they dont have mesh...might be me but can never connect to mate on his...plus cos its mesh it only has 1 bluetooth channel so when you try connect several things one of them won't work....but very good kit...just needs set up and getting used to it

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

Used cardo for years. Then upgraded to cardo packtalk and hated them. Took ages to connect and then kept dropping the connection. Would not reconnect if you went out of range. Got Senna 30s now and love them. Does what they should and no problems. Good range too.

I’ve got the Interphone Avanti, my ex has the 2nd one still,(she’s also a biker) absolutely brilliant, no hassle at all

Just bought a Cardo the sound is great but the voice commands are hit and miss at times

By *rsmiley69Man  over a year ago

Cavan Monaghan

Have been considering getting a set an kind of settled on the cardo freecom 4x, few mates have the same system, but be used mainly for navigation, music an the odd call

By *hosethere1Man  over a year ago

derry

I’ve a cardo packtalk bold and the sound is awesome. Has mesh and easy to control. It’s been through the worst weather imaginable so definitely waterproof

By *rezMan  over a year ago

Mungret

Guys ant advice on intercom only for myself and a pillion? No need for mesh etc...just talk

By *aggismuncher69Man  over a year ago

Johnstone

I have a Sena 10U "built in" to my Shoei Neotec and I like the fact there's nothing stuck to the outside of the helmet. It's not mesh though but I'm looking at a Mesh adaptor which should make it better and easier to connect to other mesh users.

Just an update the cardo sound is very very good having it for a couple of months now, the radio comes on on its own it also tries to redail the last number and the odd time it cuts of half way through a direction. That said it could be just too sensitive to what it picks up when playing music. Anyone else relate to this

By *ikerBloke...Man  over a year ago

western hemisphere , planet earth

I stuck a Freedcom one off Amazon into my Simpson Darksome . Works quite well for calls and music playback . Never tried the intercom as my riding pals don’t use them

I’ve purchased Interphone avant it’s great kinda in similar to cardo or sena but the phone app is brilliant as is built in radio simple to connect. Having a few issues with my new bike(bmw f850gs) as it connects through tft screen and bike controls and as I’ve 2 sets gets confused between rider and pillion

By *r bhornyAsMan  over a year ago

Porthcawl

Iv just got sena SRL-02 . Can I connect to someone using cardo ?

By *arry 401Man  over a year ago

Didcot

Sena 20s reliable long battery life. Lasts about 8hrs. Can still talk when get separated so can catch up. Waterproof. Can be a pain to connect. But once connected works great.

» Add a new message to this topic