FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > A rubbish situation

A rubbish situation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxycouple28 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bexley

This sucks. A bit of a back story (this is relevant to what's about to happen!). I have ridden bikes since my early 20's but took a break for a couple of years. When I came back despite having had 11 years no claims bonus I had lost it all. So back in the position of building it up with just a couple of years under my belt now....

I bought a mint condition Honda Hornet and ride it year round for both commuting and fun. Last month a driver in London randomly pulls into the bus lane to jump traffic and sends me over the bonnet as a consequence.

It's his fault but due to a clause in my policy as my bike is now written off, despite the fact its his fault they are going to cancel my policy with just 4 weeks left of the year. So I loose my no claims for the past 12 months anyway.

To make matters worse I'm in the process of selling my house and moving to one that has a garage. For the bike I want to upgrade to they basically won't insure me without a garage....which I am in the process of getting.

So I now have no bike, and can't replace it until I have basically moved house. Which will take a couple of months.

It's spring and summer that gets me through those cold/dark/wet winter rides

Anyway. Winge and rant over. But a word of warning everyone... check your insurance small print!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awtybikerMan  over a year ago

Barnoldswick

That is crap, but in the meantime you can get moved, sort out your insurance claim etc, and sort the garage out ready for your new bike.

I had some time away from biking and had to start again, so ran around on an old CBR600 for a couple of years while I built my no claims back up.

3 years ago I moved house and now have a garage to store the bike in.

You’ll get there, and it will be worth it in the end.

By *hoenix_1Man  over a year ago

richmond

Most insurance policies say that.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Most insurance policies say that. "

That is correct. Once a policy pays out on a write off, the policy has come to an end as there is no bike to insure. The company has took over liability of said bike so how can a policy continue to be valid.

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

My insurance continued on my

New bike I’m

With Mackenzie hodgson and the underwriters are markerstudy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bike might be out of action but you still get a good ride now and then

» Add a new message to this topic