FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Matlock Bath

Matlock Bath

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illingToHelp OP   Man  over a year ago

Oldham or South Shore

Had a nice ride out there on Sunday afternoon. Was great to see all those bikes and styles.

Anyone go there regularly?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *DFL6828Man  over a year ago

Leicester

I use to but se to get a lot of OB thete, so stopped. Now only go there when I'm out with the club

Oldham or South Shore

What’s OB?

By *damantMan  over a year ago

High Crompton

Obvious bullshit?

Opinionated bollocks?

Oldham Bitter?

Leicester

Old

Bill

Basically the police

Mostly had spotters on the way out and pulled sports bike and hit them with fines

Oldham or South Shore

"Old

Bill

Basically the police

Mostly had spotters on the way out and pulled sports bike and hit them with fines "

Well, if he got fined, there was obviously a problem. So, you’re saying that you avoid the police because you know you’re doing something wrong and you don’t want to get caught?

Leicester

"Old

Bill

Basically the police

Mostly had spotters on the way out and pulled sports bike and hit them with fines

Well, if he got fined, there was obviously a problem. So, you’re saying that you avoid the police because you know you’re doing something wrong and you don’t want to get caught?"

I don't remember saying that or that I got fined either. You have made a assumption of me because of what I said.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Old

Bill

Basically the police

Mostly had spotters on the way out and pulled sports bike and hit them with fines "

Police are always at places where there are large gatherings whether it be bikes or cars. If your bike is legal and you aren't breaking the law on the out from these gatherings the Police will have no reason to fine anyone. From our experience the Police have always been around Matlock for many many years, it's not a new thing. Stay legal, stay safe and most of all have fun

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

Been there a few times on my bike. Had no trouble with the police ?

By *iking SoftiesCouple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Matlock Bath is great place to visit and we’ve never had a problem with the Police. It’s a regular stop off for us.

Oldham or South Shore

"Matlock Bath is great place to visit and we’ve never had a problem with the Police. It’s a regular stop off for us. "

As I thought. It seemed like a good community going on. I’ll definitely go back.

By *te_bladeMan  over a year ago

Burton

[Removed by poster at 19/08/22 11:28:36]

By *te_bladeMan  over a year ago

Burton

[Removed by poster at 19/08/22 11:29:58]

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

It’s ok once or twice a year x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/08/22 13:01:49]

By *hoenix_1Man  over a year ago

richmond

"Old

Bill

Basically the police

Police are always at places where there are large gatherings whether it be bikes or cars. If your bike is legal and you aren't breaking the law on the out from these gatherings the Police will have no reason to fine anyone. From our experience the Police have always been around Matlock for many many years, it's not a new thing. Stay legal, stay safe and most of all have fun "

By *ed ZepCouple  over a year ago

Derby

Usually go a couple of times a year. Always struck me as a place that can't make up its mind wether it wants to cater for bikers or not.

There always has been a police presence when I've been, and they've only ever stopped dirt bikes and a couple of folk wheelie-ing in all the years I've been going. They won't bother loud pipes or small plates unless your "taunting them". Though if there have been complaints in the weeks prior to you going up, they're more likely to pull people over. They could do so much more if they marketed it better with flyers and social media and put on events/promotions more. Pubs put more effort into trying to get trade from bikers than the council/traders do at Matlock.

By *hongman1Man  over a year ago

Mansfield

I love going to Matlock and it’s first on my hit list when I have passed my test and I’m on the road, even if I just stop for a tray of chips and head back home.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Live not far at all from Matlock do enjoy getting there fairly often. Coffee and be nosey at the bikes there good vibe most of the time

By *aughty guy 62Man  over a year ago

north east derbyshire

Pretty local to me I always say I'm going for a bag of chips on Derbyshire,s sea front lol always has that kind of vibe

By *orny PTMan 30 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Pretty local to me I always say I'm going for a bag of chips on Derbyshire,s sea front lol always has that kind of vibe "

Yes, Little Switzerland: Mark Thomas did a gig there and explained it so elegantly. It was England prototype seaside resort, only the seaside bit is still pending.

Why let a little thing like being 2 hours away from the coast, put a dampener on things?

Fact: Crich, has a lighthouse and a couple of Blackpool trams on the side of the quarry and memorial to the Sherwood Forrester's.

Kostas for chips, bread roll and a meat 'n'potato pie for me, if your going. Ta

By *ust RachelTV/TS 30 weeks ago

Eastbourne

"Had a nice ride out there on Sunday afternoon. Was great to see all those bikes and styles.

Anyone go there regularly?"

I used to when I lived in Merseyside, nip over there for a coffee and a tray of chips. Stop off on the way home at Bakewell, for a Bakewell pudding.

By *riskyfillyCouple 30 weeks ago

Crewe / Stoke

Never had any trouble from the police .. parking wardens keep you on your toes though. Be courteous and keep it legal and there’s usually no problems. Always good to meet new like minded folk grab some fish n chips and cuppa sometimes head back through Bakewell too

By *hongman1Man 30 weeks ago

Mansfield

"Never had any trouble from the police .. parking wardens keep you on your toes though. Be courteous and keep it legal and there’s usually no problems. Always good to meet new like minded folk grab some fish n chips and cuppa sometimes head back through Bakewell too "

“Grab some fish n chips” - hell yeah!!

» Add a new message to this topic