FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Boots

Boots

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Boots gentlemen, which do you ride in? Which are your pair of choice? I’ve never actually bought a pair of dedicated riding boots, I’ve ridden in combat boots, riggers, cowboy boots (rubber soled, not leather, can you imagine trying to stay on the pegs?). But since I’m going to be going for my full test soon I’ve decided I want to get a decent pair of dedicated boots. So what do you lovely people recommend? I quite like the look of adventure boots, and from what I read they seem to be the best all round for comfort and protection. But I’m open to suggestions. I’ve also seen a very similar looking boot to the Hi-Point Alpinestars that Goose wore in Mad Max and I’m really trying to justify the price to myself

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *coobyABCMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

What kind of bike are you looking to get once you pass?

Not completely sure to be honest, although the more I look at the old Fazers the more I like them. Maybe a Bandit. But then again maybe a Virago if I can find one. And a friend of mine had a Thundercat once upon a time which she was kind enough to let me have a shot of in a car park. Not the same as actually riding on the road but I really liked the feel of that bike.

By *coobyABCMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

In all honesty I'd find a bike uou are comfortable riding then look at boots. Personally if you get a virago for example, you aren't going to need boots with toe sliders imo. Personally I wear a touring style boot on my bobbers.

By *ooking Fun!Man  over a year ago

NEWTOWNARDS

Would depend on type of bike, type clothing .... 2 piece leathers or textiles.

I wear 2 piece leathers so use a sports boot.

By *xplorer30Man  over a year ago

Attleborough

I swear by my Daytona boots , expensive but so comfortable never let in a drop of water, and i ride everyday. 5 years in no problems so original out lay of £400, has paid off and hopefully they will last a good few years yet as no real signs of wear.

By *exbot 1Man  over a year ago

Chester le street

Got a cracking deal on a pair of alpinestars at nec Birmingham bike show years ago an still going strong. But iv also got a pair of short race boots what I wear with bike jeans very comfy fit

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Altberg boot makers from Richmond North Yorkshire. We have had ours for years. They aren't the cheapest but definitely the best. As you have ridden in what you have told us OP these should be right up your street. They supply the Army and emergency services as they are proven to be the best. The only boot we have ever had that are 110% waterproof

By *eardedvillainMan  over a year ago

Bangor N.Ireland

Going by your post you are going to end up in a world of pain at some point riding about not protected.I have alpinestars smx gore-tex boots for cold wet days, but mostly wear sidi rex ce boots

Thanks for the recommendations, given me food for thought anyway, I’ve seen a few pairs that I like the look of.

"Going by your post you are going to end up in a world of pain at some point riding about not protected.I have alpinestars smx gore-tex boots for cold wet days, but mostly wear sidi rex ce boots"

Exactly my thoughts fella, so proper protection it is.

By *ooking Fun!Man  over a year ago

NEWTOWNARDS

Sports boot then I like Sidi Vertebrae ??

By *oodstock2022Man  over a year ago

harlow

Alpinestars

Every single time

Quality and never let in water

Ive had two pairs of boots in last 11yrs

And i ride all year round

By *ansexualPandaMan  over a year ago

Your Bed

Will you be riding in all weather, all seasons or fair-weather riding?

All-weather boots you can't really go wrong with 'adventure' style boots like Forma Adventure Boots. They do both tall (calf) and low (above ankle) styles and are comfortable, breathable and waterproof.

For summer riding I like the trainer-style ankle boots that many bike gear companies do now. Comfortable and can walk around all day in them before getting back on the bike for the ride home. They pair well with modern riding jeans and lightweight riding jackets with modern armour (D30 armour or similar is great and works very well - I can assure you of that).

Proper riding boots are constructed to keep you as safe as possible in the event of an accident. Of course, full racing leathers, racing boots and racing gloves are arguably the safest but not the most comfortable on a hot summer's day. They also look a bit out of place on anything but a sports bike.

The old school will still swear by leather but there are denim-look riding jeans on the market that have a longer slide time than leather. Modern riding gear is much safer than it's ever been (as long as you don't go for cheap knock-off gear) and much more comfortable too.

Really it comes down to the type of riding you'll be doing and to some extent, the bike you ride and the style you like.

By *im ZeeMan  over a year ago

staffs/chesh

I’ve got the Alpinestar Web Gore Tex boots and I can’t fault them for all year riding.

» Add a new message to this topic