FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Bike taken… then recovered.

Bike taken… then recovered.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illingToHelp OP   Man  over a year ago

Oldham or South Shore

The scrotey little bastards!

Ok, the expletives are out of the way.

So, I went to the barbers and parked the bike on the busy car park across the road. I was literally 30 yards away. Incidentally the another guy getting his hair done came on a bike too, but he had parked his outside the window of the barbers, and put his helmet in plain view from the outside.

As we were both mid-cut, some guy popped his head in the shop and said to the other guy; “sorry mate, but I just seen your helmet in the window. Some lads have just taken a bike off the car park at Asda and I just wanted to check that it isn’t yours”. “No, mate, mine is right outside” and he looked at me. We both jumped out of our chairs and looked over the road for mine. Gone!

We ran out of the shop. And the passer by said; “they’ve just gone down that side street with it. They’re struggling. You can get them!”

This other guy jumped on his bike and he bombed off after them whilst I was running behind. The kids saw us and ran - there were about nine of them! I got to my bike and checked it was ok. They had broken the steering lock and smashed in the ignition. They hadn’t been able to get it started, and the disc brake lock was holding fast, so they must have been lifting up the front end and wobbled down the street. It’s a heavy bike. What exactly did they think they were going to do with it?!?!

You could see where they had been smashing the disc brake lock with a brick, but they weren’t able to get it off. I tried to get it started but they had smashed the ignition in so much that it was impossible.

I wheeled it back to the barbers and called for recovery. £350 excess!

But that’s definitely convinced me to buy a disc brake lock for the front and back, going forward. It saved the day!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lutandhubbyCouple  over a year ago

west midlands

same thing happened to my mate, he chased them but they pulled hammers out and threatened him. luckily another guy ran at them with his car so they dropped his bike and ran.

By *illingToHelp OP   Man  over a year ago

Oldham or South Shore

Yeh, I was glad that the guy in the barbers helped me.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm really pleased you managed to recover your bike and should be able to get it repaired.

Nothing winds me up more than bike thieves. To them it's a few hundred quid, too most bikers it's their passion, joy and lifestyle.

Best wishes in getting it sorted.

» Add a new message to this topic