FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Motorcycle camping.

Motorcycle camping.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *estie OP   Man  over a year ago

lanark

How many like to go camping on their bikes and where do you go?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like to go couple times a year

By *uthLessKnickersCouple  over a year ago

Cornwall/Devon

We love camping on the bike and do it lots. First camping trip if the year is usually Easter on Exmoor. Our summer camping trip on the bikes will be Morocco this year.

lanark

Excellent, that sounds like a real adventure!

By *illingToHelpMan  over a year ago

Oldham or South Shore

I’ll be doing some practice runs out when the weather starts to get nicer. I’m planning of spending the six-week holidays riding and camping around Spain.

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

I’m on a promise if I go camping lol

By *ngelnfugyCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh/ Dundee

"I’m on a promise"

truckers huv promised no tae reverse intae ye??

"I’m on a promise

truckers huv promised no tae reverse intae ye??"

Fucking hope so lol

By *ubbles12312Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Go camping all the time on the bike 2 up and all the stuff

By *runkensailor59Man  over a year ago

Bellshill

[Removed by poster at 01/02/23 20:33:14]

Bellshill

I’ve been trying to plan a bike trip for about six people from my local club around the NC500 over 4 nights in mid-April. But the cost is quite prohibitive for a lot of the club for 4 nights in various hotels. So I’m tempted to just strap a roll mat, small tent and sleeping bag on, as wild camping is allowed in Scotland. The problem with that is, not many people in my club are tempted to rough it for nights!

lanark

Pm me and I’ll give you routes and places to stay, I know a lot of it well and alternative routes

lanark

Where do you go camping in Scotland?

By *exy n up 4 itCouple  over a year ago

western isles

I’m a regular camper on my bike mostly at rallies, race events, euro trips, pretty much any excuse to get away on bike and enjoy the freedom camping gives.

Bellshill

"I’ve been trying to plan a bike trip for about six people from my local club around the NC500 over 4 nights in mid-April. But the cost is quite prohibitive for a lot of the club for 4 nights in various hotels. So I’m tempted to just strap a roll mat, small tent and sleeping bag on, as wild camping is allowed in Scotland. The problem with that is, not many people in my club are tempted to rough it for nights!"

Of course, if there’s any Fab Bikers along the NC500 route, well that could make a good trip even better!

By *lipmeuk2019Man  over a year ago

swansea

I stay at “Glyns field “ near Morfa Dyfryn naturist beach. Very basic facilities (portaloos and water taps) but improvise for showering. Great big field with an area where the naturists go. Hoping to get up there a few times this year

"I’ve been trying to plan a bike trip for about six people from my local club around the NC500 over 4 nights in mid-April. But the cost is quite prohibitive for a lot of the club for 4 nights in various hotels. So I’m tempted to just strap a roll mat, small tent and sleeping bag on, as wild camping is allowed in Scotland. The problem with that is, not many people in my club are tempted to rough it for nights!"

I booked all our accommodation through booking.com and the prices were very reasonable have a look online for the Scottish school holidays and go on a different week or check out the bank holiday weekends they’re all going to be more expemsive

Bellshill

"I’ve been trying to plan a bike trip for about six people from my local club around the NC500 over 4 nights in mid-April. But the cost is quite prohibitive for a lot of the club for 4 nights in various hotels. So I’m tempted to just strap a roll mat, small tent and sleeping bag on, as wild camping is allowed in Scotland. The problem with that is, not many people in my club are tempted to rough it for nights!

I booked all our accommodation through booking.com and the prices were very reasonable have a look online for the Scottish school holidays and go on a different week or check out the bank holiday weekends they’re all going to be more expemsive "

I never considered booking.com, I’ll have a look at that. I’m actually planning the week after the Easter break when kids are back at school, so hopefully that’ll bring the price down.

all the time

last year was haltwhistle and we did a wee tour of Northumbria across to the lakes.

just through it all in to a dry bag and bunjee to the back seat!

By *ikergent50Man  over a year ago

bathgate

Too many midges in Scotland for camping lol

By *ariemike11Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

All over Europe U.K.

Nordics etc. Spain Portugal this summer.

Only exception is all mighty black clouds and torrential rain becomes cabin or guest house.

By *hosethere1Man  over a year ago

derry

Love taking my bike to go camping. Mosko rackless 80 holds everything you need and then some

I've done the bike show at Peterborough and a few nights in Cornwall but always with friends. I fancy doing more to keep costs down and get away more often. Not entirely sure about camping alone though. And no, that doesn't mean I'm looking for company.

Suggestions for UK sites gratefully received x

By *othighlander2Man  over a year ago

North Inverness

so what's the vest tent to use? Ive a smallish 2 man tent that fits great on the bike but i don't fit great inside it!

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

Just heen looking at tents today the post above sums up how i feel , two person is just too small anything bigger is quite heavy ,

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Just heen looking at tents today the post above sums up how i feel , two person is just too small anything bigger is quite heavy , "

Never understood this tent to heavy thing, especially if riding solo. Put the tent on the back seat, what's the heaviest pillion passenger people have had on the back seat. Nice average sized 4 man tent not a problem

By *outhessex14Man  over a year ago

basildon

"Just heen looking at tents today the post above sums up how i feel , two person is just too small anything bigger is quite heavy , "

I've got a 3man tent, weighes about 4kg so not that heavy and fits a double blow up bed, used both on plenty of bike trips

» Add a new message to this topic