FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Michael Dunlop

Michael Dunlop

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r LoverLover30 OP   Man 51 weeks ago

Finglas

He is closing in on the record held by his uncle Joey of 26tt.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reenlanerCouple 50 weeks ago

bournemouth

The way he’s going he could equal it this week

By *ooking Fun!Man 50 weeks ago

NEWTOWNARDS

2 for 2 .... BRILLIANT

By *eard and BoobsCouple 50 weeks ago

Portstewart

Even if he does manage to equal the race wins or exceeds them he will never be half the man joey was in my opinion

By * and BCouple 50 weeks ago

Durham

"He is closing in on the record held by his uncle Joey of 26tt."
We were up at the grandstand yesterday when he got his 23rd win with the help of Hickmans broken bike and still managed 2nd place. Dunlop wouldn't have stood a chance, a broken bike and 4 tenths of a second off the lap record. But yes only 3 to go to match uncle Joey, he will be very emotional when he gets there, could even do it by the end of the week, who knows

By *lyreelMan 50 weeks ago

King's lynn

"Even if he does manage to equal the race wins or exceeds them he will never be half the man joey was in my opinion "

What, have you any conception of what that poor lad has been through???

The deaths through the sport him and his family have had to contend with, to come back from that is amazing, his courage getting back on a bike, he never disses anyone, he keeps himself to himself, treats others with respect that offer the same and is only disparaging to people with comments like yours!

I don’t understand why the fk anyone comes out with stuff like that!!!!

Do you know him?His family? Anything about him? Talked to him? Shared a Guinness with him? Yea, guess not eh!

By (user no longer on site) 50 weeks ago

Would be quality if he managed it this week

The blokes a legend either way

By *r LoverLover30 OP   Man 50 weeks ago

Finglas

I have been a big tt fan as long as I can remember and although I only ever saw Joey on DVD and highlights I have always believed he is the best road racer we will ever see but having followed Michael since he burst onto the scene with that victory at the north west I have firmly believed he was the only 1 capable of beating Joey's record. He is the last of the real road racer proper old school.

Durham

"Even if he does manage to equal the race wins or exceeds them he will never be half the man joey was in my opinion

The deaths through the sport him and his family have had to contend with, to come back from that is amazing, his courage getting back on a bike, he never disses anyone, he keeps himself to himself, treats others with respect that offer the same and is only disparaging to people with comments like yours!

Do you know him?His family? Anything about him? Talked to him? Shared a Guinness with him? Yea, guess not eh! "

We do know and I'd agree, never the man Joey was

Durham

"I have been a big tt fan as long as I can remember and although I only ever saw Joey on DVD and highlights I have always believed he is the best road racer we will ever see but having followed Michael since he burst onto the scene with that victory at the north west I have firmly believed he was the only 1 capable of beating Joey's record. He is the last of the real road racer proper old school. "

Agreed, what a rider. He knows how to race a bike, he has the Dunlop blood in him

By *eard and BoobsCouple 50 weeks ago

Portstewart

"Even if he does manage to equal the race wins or exceeds them he will never be half the man joey was in my opinion

Do you know him?His family? Anything about him? Talked to him? Shared a Guinness with him? Yea, guess not eh! "

Family friends of Joey

By *lyreelMan 50 weeks ago

King's lynn

Do you know him?His family? Anything about him? Talked to him? Shared a Guinness with him? Yea, guess not eh!

Family friends of Joey "

And I am sure he would think well of what yer saying about his nephew! Ffs

By *amiej68erMan 50 weeks ago

somerset

I’m my book the guys a complete hero.

He’s had some struggles over the last few years loosing his dad and brother both to the sport.

But still continues to push on.

Michael has come back this year a completely different rider, he’s been doubted!, I believe he’s had to reevaluate everything and he’s finally realised.

Is he a better man than joey? With the mental battles he’s had and what he’s achieved I think he’s definitely up there in my books.

By *reenlanerCouple 50 weeks ago

bournemouth

Michaela is a different rider this year,

You can see hes worked out got extra fit, and hes got the bit between his teeth as they say,

He will be a hard man to beat, and I reckon the super twins race has got his name on it

By *ustlooking26096Man 50 weeks ago

around

Both are great riders,joey was special on track & for all his work off track, michael on track & the hardships of the family loss,thank god we have lived to see both of thier talents

By *ooking Fun!Man 50 weeks ago

NEWTOWNARDS

Wow ... comments towards MD!

You will never know what he has been through.....

I hope he beats the record and extends it .... keeping it in the family

"Wow ... comments towards MD!

I hope he beats the record and extends it .... keeping it in the family"

Couldn't of said it better myself

By *urrey_2011Man 50 weeks ago

Ramsey

Totally agree

Ramsey

Some proper nonsense on here… the world moved on and Dunlop is a Dunlop and his record speaks for itself… different to Joey, Robert and William but no less a rider!!

Ramsey

"Wow ... comments towards MD!

I hope he beats the record and extends it .... keeping it in the family"

It would be amazing

By *ittycock400Couple 50 weeks ago

Bristol

I expect he will surpass his Uncles record (assuming he doesn't just match it and quit racing).

Very different riders. Not net Michael but Joey was a great guy.

Ramsey

"I expect he will surpass his Uncles record (assuming he doesn't just match it and quit racing).

Very different riders. Not net Michael but Joey was a great guy."

I do wonder if he’ll quit once he’s equaled or beaten Joeys record

By *ealDea1Man 50 weeks ago

Louth/M1

"Even if he does manage to equal the race wins or exceeds them he will never be half the man joey was in my opinion "

Different eras and I'm sure he would be the first to say that... Personally think the private Michael is far different to the public one... and do you go around comparing nephews and uncles regularly... or is this a one off... Enjoy the moment, these great achievements don't come round too often! I'm over there enjoying it all, Michael got win 25 today, weather is amazing and these guys are really entertaining us... Sidecar lap record broken again today and even 2nd place did a 120... Enjoy, don't compare... that's for willy's...

Ramsey

Different eras and I'm sure he would be the first to say that... Personally think the private Michael is far different to the public one... and do you go around comparing nephews and uncles regularly... or is this a one off... Enjoy the moment, these great achievements don't come round too often! I'm over there enjoying it all, Michael got win 25 today, weather is amazing and these guys are really entertaining us... Sidecar lap record broken again today and even 2nd place did a 120... Enjoy, don't compare... that's for willy's..."

Well said

By *amiej68erMan 50 weeks ago

somerset

I think Jon mc would have retired if he matched joey but think Michael would want to do his family proud and secure the dynasty of the dunlops.

They’re all hero’s in my book and I think Michael is proving it this year.

Great TT this year for Dunlop, gutted he didn't break the record this time round but knowing he's only one victory away from matching uncle Joey hopefully means he'll be back next year

By *tarlight7365Couple 49 weeks ago

Norfolk

Well said !

These racers are all Gladiators!…the only comparison that should be made is that they are all hero’s !…opinions like that of the OP are just uncalled for !

» Add a new message to this topic