FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Question for biker's

Question for biker's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oey67 OP   Man 32 weeks ago

Warton

I'm a car driver,and I have a question for bikers.

When I'm out and about trundling along past a stationery or slow moving queue of traffic, bikers will pull out into my lane and overtake whether its broken white lines,solid lines,hatched area or right/left turn box.

So my question is why do you get so annoyed/ irate when I overtake slower vehicles when you are coming towards me?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ikerBloke...Man 31 weeks ago

western hemisphere , planet earth

maybe if your overtake is placing a bike in danger as your coming towards them in their lane...... do you realise as bikers we are more vulnerable and have less protection than cage drivers in their invinbility shielded vehicles??? btw dont tar us all with the same brush, car drivers have appaling road manners nowadays also.....

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

What the above bloke has said

By *atgirlknobinCouple 31 weeks ago

ish

Would you over take a car if a wagon was coming at speed at you ,

By *lex46TV/TS 31 weeks ago

Near Wells

I don't generally, I usually pull over to the left just in case though.

To be honest, I do the same when I'm driving.

By *oey67 OP   Man 31 weeks ago

Warton

"Would you over take a car if a wagon was coming at speed at you , "

Obviously in a car I wouldn't but I have witnessed biker's doing this

Warton

"maybe if your overtake is placing a bike in danger as your coming towards them in their lane...... do you realise as bikers we are more vulnerable and have less protection than cage drivers in their invinbility shielded vehicles??? btw dont tar us all with the same brush, car drivers have appaling road manners nowadays also....."

And a biker coming towards me in my lane isn't placing themselves and me in danger?

By *airytalesCouple 31 weeks ago

Durham

As a car driver unless it's a very fast car you probably don't appreciate the short distance a bike can overtake a car and get back in. Most car drivers don't change down two gears and accelerate hard to overtake. Most car drivers don't even know how hard they can accelerate in there car or use that acceleration.

By *atgirlknobinCouple 31 weeks ago

ish

"maybe if your overtake is placing a bike in danger as your coming towards them in their lane...... do you realise as bikers we are more vulnerable and have less protection than cage drivers in their invinbility shielded vehicles??? btw dont tar us all with the same brush, car drivers have appaling road manners nowadays also.....

And a biker coming towards me in my lane isn't placing themselves and me in danger?"

A rider knows his bike and when he looks like hes coming at you he really isnt , he knows where is exit point is or he wont over take

Warton

"maybe if your overtake is placing a bike in danger as your coming towards them in their lane...... do you realise as bikers we are more vulnerable and have less protection than cage drivers in their invinbility shielded vehicles??? btw dont tar us all with the same brush, car drivers have appaling road manners nowadays also.....

And a biker coming towards me in my lane isn't placing themselves and me in danger?

A rider knows his bike and when he looks like hes coming at you he really isnt , he knows where is exit point is or he wont over take "

I wish I could believe you that all bikers did know this, just this weekend I saw a biker overtaking across a right turn box, as the car behind me was pulling in to turn right, they didn't collide but two car's behind me locked wheels trying to avoid the bike and each other

By *ikergent50Man 31 weeks ago

bathgate

It’s a case of driving safe

By *ayarMan 31 weeks ago

Wirral

[Removed by poster at 06/10/23 14:45:30]

By *ayarMan 31 weeks ago

Wirral

[Removed by poster at 06/10/23 14:46:37]

By *ikerBloke...Man 31 weeks ago

to the original poster....... honestly, and in all fairness... have you ridden a bike, and i dont mean had a shot of your mates bsa bantam in a field in the 70s. do you have the knowledge of the capabilities and such of a bike compared to your car.... or do you just like chiming in to a page you really have no need to be on and think you have expert knowledge of a subject??? ... so many karens nowadays...

By *orthwestbikerxxMan 31 weeks ago

lancs

As a biker and a car driver

There are bad riders and bad drivers

People think bikers shouldn't filter .

On a bike youre more aware of what's going on around you

KNow you're machines power and it handling

Treat ever car driver like trying kill ya

By *ust RachelTV/TS 31 weeks ago

Eastbourne

"So my question is why do you get so annoyed/ irate when I overtake slower vehicles when you are coming towards me?

"

Why not get on a bike, have someone drive at you, then you will understand how it feels.

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

A rider knows his bike and when he looks like hes coming at you he really isnt , he knows where is exit point is or he wont over take

I wish I could believe you that all bikers did know this, just this weekend I saw a biker overtaking across a right turn box, as the car behind me was pulling in to turn right, they didn't collide but two car's behind me locked wheels trying to avoid the bike and each other "

There's good drivers and bikers and bad at both. But for the most part even a 125cc bike can out accelerate a car to 30mph. Most bikes can slip past a car far more quickly than any car.

By *oey67 OP   Man 30 weeks ago

Warton

"to the original poster....... honestly, and in all fairness... have you ridden a bike, and i dont mean had a shot of your mates bsa bantam in a field in the 70s. do you have the knowledge of the capabilities and such of a bike compared to your car.... or do you just like chiming in to a page you really have no need to be on and think you have expert knowledge of a subject??? ... so many karens nowadays..."

No I don't ride a bike so I don't understand the capabilities of bikes.

But this is not answering my question and therefore proving yourself to be the Karen surely

By *oey67 OP   Man 30 weeks ago

Warton

"So my question is why do you get so annoyed/ irate when I overtake slower vehicles when you are coming towards me?

Why not get on a bike, have someone drive at you, then you will understand how it feels."

Again not answering the question, saying get on a bike and have someone drive at me, I'm not interested in getting on a bike, I just want to understand the difference between a bike pulling into my lane and overtaking and me pulling into an oncoming bikes lane, one appears to be perfectly acceptable to bikers and the other seems to be a hanging offence

By *ust RachelTV/TS 30 weeks ago

Eastbourne

Why not get on a bike, have someone drive at you, then you will understand how it feels.

Again not answering the question, saying get on a bike and have someone drive at me, I'm not interested in getting on a bike, I just want to understand the difference between a bike pulling into my lane and overtaking and me pulling into an oncoming bikes lane, one appears to be perfectly acceptable to bikers and the other seems to be a hanging offence "

If you got on a bike, then had someone drive at you. You would fully understand, why bikers don't like it being done to them.

By *haron1701DTV/TS 30 weeks ago

ormskirk

"to the original poster....... honestly, and in all fairness... have you ridden a bike, and i dont mean had a shot of your mates bsa bantam in a field in the 70s. do you have the knowledge of the capabilities and such of a bike compared to your car.... or do you just like chiming in to a page you really have no need to be on and think you have expert knowledge of a subject??? ... so many karens nowadays..."

Totally agree

By *ikerBloke...Man 30 weeks ago

"to the original poster....... honestly, and in all fairness... have you ridden a bike, and i dont mean had a shot of your mates bsa bantam in a field in the 70s. do you have the knowledge of the capabilities and such of a bike compared to your car.... or do you just like chiming in to a page you really have no need to be on and think you have expert knowledge of a subject??? ... so many karens nowadays...

But this is not answering my question and therefore proving yourself to be the Karen surely "

Not at all...... your in a group talking about stuff you dont understand. trying to prove a point you cannot make, its quite simple you dont like bikes you dont like bikers..... your ego got flattened by someone on a bike so now your triggered and think your on a mission to prove your pointless point.... your the bloke outside the pub wanting to argue and fight anyone, and when that moment gains fruition your crying to the bouncers for help.... just give it up man.... your gearbox is in neutral you aint going anywhere here!!!!!!!

By (user no longer on site) 30 weeks ago

"I'm a car driver,and I have a question for bikers.

When I'm out and about trundling along past a stationery or slow moving queue of traffic, bikers will pull out into my lane and overtake whether its broken white lines,solid lines,hatched area or right/left turn box.

So my question is why do you get so annoyed/ irate when I overtake slower vehicles when you are coming towards me?

"

The statement is ill formed. I can't quite understand what you're asking

By *haron1701DTV/TS 30 weeks ago

ormskirk

"to the original poster....... honestly, and in all fairness... have you ridden a bike, and i dont mean had a shot of your mates bsa bantam in a field in the 70s. do you have the knowledge of the capabilities and such of a bike compared to your car.... or do you just like chiming in to a page you really have no need to be on and think you have expert knowledge of a subject??? ... so many karens nowadays...

But this is not answering my question and therefore proving yourself to be the Karen surely

Not at all...... your in a group talking about stuff you dont understand. trying to prove a point you cannot make, its quite simple you dont like bikes you dont like bikers..... your ego got flattened by someone on a bike so now your triggered and think your on a mission to prove your pointless point.... your the bloke outside the pub wanting to argue and fight anyone, and when that moment gains fruition your crying to the bouncers for help.... just give it up man.... your gearbox is in neutral you aint going anywhere here!!!!!!!

"

By (user no longer on site) 30 weeks ago

To the original post ...... you have answered most of your own questions in a subsequent post.... you don't understand bikes or the capabilities... so it's a pointless question

» Add a new message to this topic