FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Are you a Biker?

Are you a Biker?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hromosexuals OP   Couple 28 weeks ago

Near Abercynon

Odd term isn't it?

What's the difference between a "Biker" and a "Motorcycle Enthusiast"?

I've watched Sons of Anarchy so I *think* that makes me a Biker now

Mr

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustamanMan 28 weeks ago

weymouth

I like riding but can't be arsed with talking bollox about bikes or even looking at them particularly- so definitely not a motorcycle enthusiast and not sure I'm a biker

Near Abercynon

"I like riding but can't be arsed with talking bollox about bikes or even looking at them particularly- so definitely not a motorcycle enthusiast and not sure I'm a biker "

You could argue that if you weren't a motorcycle enthusiast then you wouldn't ride one

By *amish SMan 28 weeks ago

Eastleigh

"I like riding but can't be arsed with talking bollox about bikes or even looking at them particularly- so definitely not a motorcycle enthusiast and not sure I'm a biker "

Just a motorcyclist then, like many others I suppose.

By *atgirlknobinCouple 28 weeks ago

ish

Theres about 3 camps ...

Sports bike rider ...enjoy the thrill of the speed and trying to master fast riding ...im one of them ..lol still learning and always will be ..lol

Your every day rider with various machines ,will go out all weathers on long ride outs

Then you have your dreamers ..and this can be split into two , you have the ones who think there hells angels in there own world normally ride out in a group wearing dirty jeans and waste coats with lot of badges

But then you have the other dreamer , Harley rider wearing everything looking brand new normally someone with more money than sense spends 1000's on that bike , cant ride tends to drop the bike a lot

Now if asked the dreamers will always say there bikers

The rest rest us dont care we just enjoy the ride out

By *ike9870Man 28 weeks ago

salisbury

"Theres about 3 camps ...

Sports bike rider ...enjoy the thrill of the speed and trying to master fast riding ...im one of them ..lol still learning and always will be ..lol

Your every day rider with various machines ,will go out all weathers on long ride outs

Then you have your dreamers ..and this can be split into two , you have the ones who think there hells angels in there own world normally ride out in a group wearing dirty jeans and waste coats with lot of badges

But then you have the other dreamer , Harley rider wearing everything looking brand new normally someone with more money than sense spends 1000's on that bike , cant ride tends to drop the bike a lot

"

Dead right with this! I’m a everyday rider, well everyday I get chance too, i currently have a xs1100 hardtail that’s old an haggered, a versys 650 for an weekend trips away and love a sports bike when I have an itch for speed! Yet can’t be bother with walking around looking at bikes or wearing matching clothes

By *heMechanic02Man 28 weeks ago

Newport

I grew up with bikes ! My Pa had solos and outfits. Ma had bikes. Both my older brothers had bikes…stuck with them about 10-15 years.

I’ve been riding for over 40 years now in all winds and weather both two and three wheels.

Never joined but been friends with “Clubs”

I have never thought of labelling myself.

I like people for who they are.

By *lex46TV/TS 28 weeks ago

Near Wells

My mother went to the maternity unit to have me on the back of my dads motorbike. It was their only transport and she always went pillion even when pregnant.

When I was born, a sidecar was fitted and spent a happy childhood going camping at sidecar rallies and events. At 16 I brought my first moped and have never been without bikes since. I didn't learn to drive until I was 23 and that was because I'd started racing bikes and couldn't rely on friends to take me and the bike to the races.

I've had sport's bikes, Old bikes, off road bikes naked bikes. I've attended lots of Race meetings, Moto x , speedway etc, been to rallies etc and ridden in Europe and Asia.

I've worked in the bike industry for over 30 years and still enjoy it. I love bikes, end of. I think I'm a biker and an enthusiast.

God knows what I'd do if motorbikes weren't a thing.

By *onstellation40Man 28 weeks ago

Devizes

I am an every day biker then. Ride all year round on either a Triumph Thunderbird 900 or Royal Enfield. I've had sports bikes but slowed right down as I avoid 'oh shit' moments. I just love riding a bike, particularly older bikes with no electronic witchcraft. Would love to have a vintage bike in my garage.

"

By *ean counterMan 28 weeks ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

I ride a sports bike. When I meet another biker I always acknowledge them with a friendly nod or wave. I've found that the "biker" brigade (normally with denim, leather and a big beard) are the only ones who rarely return the friendliness of a wave. Miserable buggers Mind you, if I was riding a Harley I'd probably be miserable too rather than having a stupid grin on my phase all the time

By *tu_the_LeonMan 28 weeks ago

Somewhere called...

"My mother went to the maternity unit to have me on the back of my dads motorbike. It was their only transport and she always went pillion even when pregnant.

When I was born, a sidecar was fitted and spent a happy childhood going camping at sidecar rallies and events. At 16 I brought my first moped and have never been without bikes since. I didn't learn to drive until I was 23 and that was because I'd started racing bikes and couldn't rely on friends to take me and the bike to the races.

I've had sport's bikes, Old bikes, off road bikes naked bikes. I've attended lots of Race meetings, Moto x , speedway etc, been to rallies etc and ridden in Europe and Asia.

I've worked in the bike industry for over 30 years and still enjoy it. I love bikes, end of. I think I'm a biker and an enthusiast.

God knows what I'd do if motorbikes weren't a thing."

That is a great motorbike history you got going on!

Kudos

By *othighlander2Man 28 weeks ago

North Inverness

"

100% nailed it...loved my sports bikes so now on a fast sports tourer..still get the adrenalin rush from mad acceleration and superb handling but get the joy of 400 miles a day easy!!

love biking and escaping in the fresh air so I'd say I'm a biker more than an Enthusiast!

By *illingToHelpMan 28 weeks ago

Oldham or South Shore

So funny reading this thread.

I love going out on my bike. I ride through the year. I love going to biker cafes and all that fun stuff, but as soon as someone starts to talk to me about engines and heads and flux capacitors, I just nod and say; “Oh right…”, then make my excuses and go buy a pasty and a brew.

By *eardedvillainMan 28 weeks ago

Bangor N.Ireland

Not sure about the 3 camps thing,I was always a superbike rider but now a fast naked along with a sports tourer.Love the speed of a bike either on track days or the road.I like to tinker and do my own maintenence,love the pure road racing.So stick me in some camp or other haha.

Keep er lit boys

By *hoenix_1Man 28 weeks ago

richmond

I have been riding bikes for a very long time, whenever i want to

Near Abercynon

I'm not sure about the different camps either, we've got a few different styles of bikes; cruisers, "adventure bikes" and sports tourers but we are the same on them all.

The "are you a Biker" is sometimes just a fun debate

By *imtimMan 28 weeks ago

Morecambe

"So funny reading this thread.

I love going out on my bike. I ride through the year. I love going to biker cafes and all that fun stuff, but as soon as someone starts to talk to me about engines and heads and flux capacitors, I just nod and say; “Oh right…”, then make my excuses and go buy a pasty and a brew."

Pretty much what I do lol

» Add a new message to this topic