FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Moto Camping Equipment - Advice Please!

Moto Camping Equipment - Advice Please!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nglishdood OP   Man  over a year ago

Morristown

Sorry folks, not a sexy topic. I have done all the research and I'm still clueless. I have a big bike so comfort is more important than weight. Price isn't too much of a concern either. Right now I'm leaning towards the Khyam Biker Plus tent.

I'm a camping virgin and I'm leaving for a tour of Europe in 2 weeks.

What would you lot suggest?

Oh, if you have any suggestions for sexy places to visit on the continent, those are welcome too!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iavelmanMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Biker Plus. I have the ordinary Biker and would love the headroom in the plus.

Worcester

I think the most important things to consider are shelter and comfort. Shelter is covered so I recommend investing in a good sleeping pad that will provide warmth for those cold nights. A good sleeping bag or quilt and a pillow too. A bad nights sleep impacts your riding. Then you can start thinking about a chair, a table, the kind of stove you want if you plan on cooking or at least making a brew. There is some decent quality and well priced kit available these days, especially when you have the benefit of not carrying it on you back.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

A decent sleeping bag if camping in the uk. We take a fleece liner sleeping bag when we go over to Europe. We have a decent size 4 man tent we can stand up in and strap that onto the top box Of our Pan. We use a coleman stove so can be refuelled from the bike so never get caught without fuel for a brew. Take a kettle and a frying pan. Everything can be cooked in a frying pan and takes up no room. Here's agood tip for the hot weather out in Europe. Your tent will become very hot on a morning so find out where the sun risers and if possible position your tent under some shade so the sun doesn't hit it early morning. What w also did is to buy an emergency shelter tent, cut it so we ended up with a big sheet of foil. Tied 4 guy ropes on each corner and placed it over the top of our tent creating a sun block. All our mates were envious of our cool temperature tent.

Morristown

Thanks all!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you looked at the Redverz Nomad tent, it has a 'garage' to take the motorbike which allows you to pack/unpack the bike inside if it's raining. You can stand up inside it but it packs down to a reasonable size.

Also look at the Helinox camping chair which packs down small enough to go in a pannier.

Tip: never leave you tent unzipped because the insects/mosquitoes will get in.

By *ubbles12312Couple  over a year ago

stockport

And a good mat or air bed to sleep on

Used a Khyam Biker tent for years and love it, but might go for the extra headroom in the new biker plus.

I've got a U.S. army multi sleep sack, its 3 sleeping bags that zip together and you can have them all in one that's warm to -20 or just use the temperate or cold sacks together as needed. Well worth the money.

Morristown

"Used a Khyam Biker tent for years and love it, but might go for the extra headroom in the new biker plus."

I bought the plus. Its a brilliant tent. Easy to set up and loads of space, but it's just too bulky on the bike for occasional use on a long tour. I bought a coleman 2+ instead and it's much more suitable for my current needs. If I was going on a camping holiday with the bike or car, I'd definitely want the Khyam.

I might be tempted to sell it if anyone's interested.

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

A can survive on a Thermorest mat, but sometimes take a Coleman single mattress with a battery inflator. I find that a good pillow makes all the difference.

Worcester

". I bought the plus. Its a brilliant tent. Easy to set up and loads of space, but it's just too bulky on the bike for occasional use on a long tour. I bought a coleman 2+ instead and it's much more suitable for my current needs. If I was going on a camping holiday with the bike or car, I'd definitely want the Khyam.

I might be tempted to sell it if anyone's interested. "

I could be tempted by the Biker Plus depending on the price.

» Add a new message to this topic