FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Southern 100 IOM

Southern 100 IOM

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not having been to the IOM TT before, we are thinking going to the Southern 100 in July as a taster and get a feel for the island.

Is it worth it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *annnMan  over a year ago

Isle of Man

"Not having been to the IOM TT before, we are thinking going to the Southern 100 in July as a taster and get a feel for the island.

Is it worth it?"

The Southern 100 is a great little event and definitely worth it. You could however hang on a couple of weeks and come over for the Festival of Motorcycling which incorporates the Manx Grand

Prix on the TT Course. Not as crazy as the TT and a lovely introduction to the Island. That said the Southern is a great meeting and has a mass start / short circuit feel about it. Whatever you choose I’m sure you will love the Island and want to come back. Ride safely

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Not having been to the IOM TT before, we are thinking going to the Southern 100 in July as a taster and get a feel for the island.

Is it worth it?

The Southern 100 is a great little event and definitely worth it. You could however hang on a couple of weeks and come over for the Festival of Motorcycling which incorporates the Manx Grand

Prix on the TT Course. Not as crazy as the TT and a lovely introduction to the Island. That said the Southern is a great meeting and has a mass start / short circuit feel about it. Whatever you choose I’m sure you will love the Island and want to come back. Ride safely "

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Something for us to look at.

By *hips n FursMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

I would go if I had the chance,road racing is road racing,it's all good.

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

i love the southern been a handfull of times not as manic as the TT even the manx is getting busy now thanks to the classic racing .you will find it much like irish road racing mass starts etc and not that crowded you cant move position theres even a bar at the cricket club on the circuit

Isle of Man

Organisers of Southern 100 have just announced they are planning to go ahead in 2021. Covid restrictions permitting.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Got my ferry booked for Southern100 next July. Grew up in Castletown and prefer this to the TT.

I have always wanted to go to the IOM TT but have never gotten round to it. I think next year I am doing a fair few ride outs.

I have looked on the forum and whilst there is a lot of talk about for ride outs has one actually occurred?

Isle of Man

Sorry folks, sadly the 2021 Southern 100 has today been cancelled. Bring on 2022.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Sorry folks, sadly the 2021 Southern 100 has today been cancelled. Bring on 2022. "

It's a hat trick now. Manx has just been cancelled too. We knew all 3 would be cancelled to be honest, just a matter of waiting for the announcements.

Not long until the Southern100 now. Is anybody else from this site going to be there?

By *ibaldguyMan  over a year ago

pontefract

Just looking at ferries now.

Southern100 starts two weeks today. Can't wait to get back to watch the racing and a pint in the Glue Pot.

» Add a new message to this topic