FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Bonneville 1200 v Ducati monster

Bonneville 1200 v Ducati monster

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Am thinking of buying one of these new soon, finding it hard to chose although it's the old school bike I am looking for

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edonistsatplayCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

Always been a lover of Ducatis...

When dearbeloved asks for something big red and throbbing to put between her legs, just get the bike out! (assuming here that you've gone for the classic red!)

"Always been a lover of Ducatis...

When dearbeloved asks for something big red and throbbing to put between her legs, just get the bike out! (assuming here that you've gone for the classic red!) "

I had a Honda VFR before (Loads of grunt but the top end came to fast) silly laugh lol but really fancy something Retro for me and the wife.

By *edonistsatplayCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

The only problem with the 'new' Ducs is that you have to change the cam belts on a regular basis whether you've used the bike or not (the belts form 'memories' when left a long time so I've been informed!) and they are a bit of a bugger to work on! But, that said, the way they drive out of a corner is orgasmic... he said heading off to take a cold shower...

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Ducati. But that's my opinion.

When I was still in the Army a mate rode from Banja Luca back to the UK on a bonnie he bought.

Never missed a beat.

"Ducati. But that's my opinion.

When I was still in the Army a mate rode from Banja Luca back to the UK on a bonnie he bought.

Never missed a beat. "

Thanks. We will test drive them both in the next couple of weeks. We have been watching bike on sky and there are so many models out there. Now just confused as to which is best bike for handling etc and reliability, cost isn't a problem, Going to try an aprila aswell and see what Yamaha has too. I have to say the R1 looks fantastic but my days on sports bikes are over so an easy ride for us lol.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have a look at the MV triples. They are nice... Depends what dealers you have locally... Just got to ride a few... Loads of naked bikes out there.... Triumph street and speed triples are popular....depends what sort of riding... Touring or just short strips... Most bikes will do most things.... Better than they used to...

"Have a look at the MV triples. They are nice... Depends what dealers you have locally... Just got to ride a few... Loads of naked bikes out there.... Triumph street and speed triples are popular....depends what sort of riding... Touring or just short strips... Most bikes will do most things.... Better than they used to... "

I was going to buy one of the new monkey bikes in August just for around town and the 1200 for longer journeys.

Honda have some good models to. It's going to be a month of test rides for me. I defiantly don't want a sports bike though. I think my name's Foggy when I'm on one and so need something more situpe and calming lol. I will let you know what I get so thanks for your advise

» Add a new message to this topic