FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > GPS

GPS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Garmin or TomTom on bike gps, which is best?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

None of them

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

Bit of paper taped to the tank works for me after all riding a bikes all about exploring

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

I like my garmin as it also has an mp3 facility on it. Tom Tom doesn't, so when connected I play my music through sat nav. The new Tom Tom has a twisty road option for bikers. If it had music facilities I'd probably have bought one

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I like my garmin as it also has an mp3 facility on it. Tom Tom doesn't, so when connected I play my music through sat nav. The new Tom Tom has a twisty road option for bikers. If it had music facilities I'd probably have bought one"

Yeah I saw that about TomTom and also you can create routes rather than the standard sat nav way

By *ireblade07Couple  over a year ago

redditch

You can play music on a tomtom just need a Bluetooth module.

Plus camera alerts on the sat navs are priceless, if you ride a bike they are a necessity

Durham

"You can play music on a tomtom just need a Bluetooth module.

Plus camera alerts on the sat navs are priceless, if you ride a bike they are a necessity "

My music is stored in the Garmin sat nav, not on a MP3 connected to it via blue tooth. Agree with the speed camera alerts

By *appychappy13Man  over a year ago

Addlestone

I have the TomTom and it's a great bit of kit take calls listen to music and directs you too as been said you can create your own routes and send them straight to the sat nav

Durham

"I have the TomTom and it's a great bit of kit take calls listen to music and directs you too as been said you can create your own routes and send them straight to the sat nav"

So are you saying you CAN put yr music onto the tom tom internal memory or do you have to connect an external device with music on?? As my garmin I can browse which music to play but an external device would prove difficult to change tunes whilst riding

By *ormerMan  over a year ago

barking

I use a Garmin but it has the propensity to cut the corners and take you through tiny estates although my mates tom Tom you have to download some routes before you go ...even though it says you have the route on the sat nav....bit of an arse when your in the Alps..!

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

Garmin for me.

Has curvy roads option

Plays music

Can plot a route on pc, through tyre, and load onto sat nav and follow the route so you can plot all the best roads and enjoy.

I use tyre to plot route , it's free and works with tom tom too. And bestbikingroads to plan the route.

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

I have a Tomtom Vio which is really just a small secondard screen for a smart phone mounted on the scooter. All the navigation is done by the Tomtom app on the phone and then set by bluetooth to the Vio screen which in my case is mounted on one of the mirror stalks. The advantage of this one is that it is a lot cheaper than most bike specific navs but at the expense of a smaller screen.

So far it has worked really well and I have had no problems with usability but some of the display items like current speed and speed limit are fairly small. At some point I will add helmet speakers as there are times when the additional voice prompts would help.

» Add a new message to this topic