FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > General question

General question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi I’ve hired a 125cc scooter next week for the hols. Never been on a bike before in my life and never driven on the right hand side of the road before. Been lookin at safety vids and loads of other bike related advice and stuff online. Any advice for me? Don’t be slagging me off now real bikers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

I think the best advice you could get is to get yourself a cbt course before you go.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't be tempted to ride in shorts and tee shirt, take some gloves. Take it nice and steady

By *airyfatmanMan  over a year ago

by 'ere

"I think the best advice you could get is to get yourself a cbt course before you go.

"

I concur with this. It teaches you the basics of how to handle the bike properly and is down by a proper instructor so you know it’s good

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I think the best advice you could get is to get yourself a cbt course before you go.

I concur with this. It teaches you the basics of how to handle the bike properly and is down by a proper instructor so you know it’s good "

We can only agree with the previous posters. Doing the CBT course will teach you the basics and wearing appropriate protective clothing (as a previous poster mentioned) is the sensible thing to do, even if it doesn’t feel ‘sexy’. Gravel rash, or worse, if things don’t go quite according to plan, is very definitely ‘not sexy’.

By *ot meetingMan  over a year ago

down at the bottom of the garden

Assume everyone and everything is trying to knock you off!

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Assume everyone and everything is trying to knock you off!

"

This, I did 12 years on a bike, and survived many near-misses etc, through treating everyone as a potential killer.

By *udith55TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

ALL car drivers are blind.

By *hips n FursMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Don't do a Jay from the inbetweeners,that's not what to do when you first jump on a bike. Still piss myself laughing everytime I see it.

» Add a new message to this topic