FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Racing next season

Racing next season

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icksfocus OP   Man  over a year ago

Pontefract

Decided not to rave in Yamaha past masters next year, due to too much traveling. So going to race with no limits in the 600 cc class. Sold the 1986 Yamaha TZR250 and just bought a 2010 Triumph Daytona 675. It has some goodies on it already, just got to get it race ready. Any current or past racers on here ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i have a race licence, but im too slow, i do better at running teams

Good luck! I marshal, hope I never gave to pick you up! ?? ??

Pontefract

"Good luck! I marshal, hope I never gave to pick you up! ?? ?? "

Well I could get picked up by worse

By *redator888Couple  over a year ago

barnsley

We will be back racing next year road racing and Mx our sons do both

By *ockring91Man  over a year ago

preston

I did a few seasons short circuit and raced the tt course too...that was amazing. Ran out of money in the end

Can't believe you've swapped a lovely 2 stroke for a modern 600....should have kept the 250 AND bought the Daytona

By *hips n FursMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Raced many years on the dirt,and don't my knees keep reminding me about it.

I help out with a team on the road curcuits , in the 600 supersport class id have wemt for a tricked up r6 , the key is plenty of brake pads , sprocket changes , tyre changes and luck health to riding 2019

Yep Mr raced for years track and road classic and a bit of modern then we got 4 kids and a house and every year he renews his ACU license and lives in hope poor bugger x

Pontefract

Lol I raced in the eighties and then made my comeback this year. Raced two strokes in the eighties (350lc ) then two strokes this year (tzr250). But going to rave a Triumph daytona next year. Too much time spent setting up two strokes just want to turn up and race next year

By *edonistsatplayCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

Raced mainly classic stuff, 980 NCR Ducati, original 750ss Duc, Formula II on a Steve Wynne 600 Pantah, European sound of the Singles, dabbled with a Yam SS600 and had one go on a IDM Kawasaki Superbike and Sh*t myself!!

Work on the technical side of things these days, much to herindoors relief (and the bank manager!)

Pontefract

"Raced mainly classic stuff, 980 NCR Ducati, original 750ss Duc, Formula II on a Steve Wynne 600 Pantah, European sound of the Singles, dabbled with a Yam SS600 and had one go on a IDM Kawasaki Superbike and Sh*t myself!!

Work on the technical side of things these days, much to herindoors relief (and the bank manager!)"

Yes it’s a very expensive hobby, well it was this year . Hoping next year will be cheaper. Thinking of going to Cartagena for three days on track end of February. We will call it winter training

By *una2000Woman  over a year ago

hull

[Removed by poster at 29/09/18 21:41:21]

WE LOVE TO GO TO THE BIKE RACING AT ANINTREE WE BEEN FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP WITH SOME GUYS THERE NEXT YEAR KEEP SAFE GUY S .MARK ..ZARA

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

The only two things that I want more of is to keep racing my bike and more sex .

I've been racing for over 20 years and love it. All kinds of bikes, 2 stroke 250, 400's,600's and even a Ducati. At the moment I do about half a dozen meetings on an SV650. Usually with Bemsee, NG or Thundersport. Great fun.

Did a few races in the late 70s found out I was too slow lol

so started working on other peoples race bikes, raced all over the UK including Northern Ireland, the TT many times, some euro GPs and Macau

By *riumphriderMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I used to race until serious injury ended racing in 1995. Started in early 70's on 125GP followed by 250GP, 500GP and finally 750 superbike. Mostly did club racing but qualified, raced and finished in British 500cc Grand Prix in 88 on a RG500 then MCN Super Cup 91-95 with a GSXR 750. Happy days. Do the odd trackday at Snetterton now and got a pb earlier thing year of 1min 51.2secs on a ZX10R. (BSB lap record 1min 47.4secs)

Pontefract

"I did a few seasons short circuit and raced the tt course too...that was amazing. Ran out of money in the end

Can't believe you've swapped a lovely 2 stroke for a modern 600....should have kept the 250 AND bought the Daytona "

I still have a rd350ypvs hybrid with rgv250 front and rear ends so I’m not without a two stroke.

"The only two things that I want more of is to keep racing my bike and more sex .

I've been racing for over 20 years and love it. All kinds of bikes, 2 stroke 250, 400's,600's and even a Ducati. At the moment I do about half a dozen meetings on an SV650. Usually with Bemsee, NG or Thundersport. Great fun. "

Guess Bemsee are back again? I'm an NG supporter of many years

By *riumphriderMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Now Marshal for CRMC and BSB. They try to keep me out of mischief but never succeed lol.

I race Mx most weekend I do the British masters series ????????

Pontefract

I can’t do mx

Anything with knobbly tyres I fall off

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Generally so do I,but I keep trying though.

"Good luck! I marshal, hope I never gave to pick you up! ?? ?? "

Me too. And if I tell you to stay still then STAY STILL! Or risK making an injury worse. But that's not going to happen on my watch lol

"The only two things that I want more of is to keep racing my bike and more sex . "

Just don't try and combine the two!!! Lol

I've bought another moto3 for my team. Going to give the English nationals a go. Just looking for the right rider now. So many dreamers out there who take all but give no thanks

Good luck with that, crazy class where money can win championships. Have you gone for a standard nsf or full gp ?

Pontefract

I have enough on preparing this Daytona for next season. Just got forks and shock back from MCT Yesterday

By *ockring91Man  over a year ago

preston

"I've bought another moto3 for my team. Going to give the English nationals a go. Just looking for the right rider now. So many dreamers out there who take all but give no thanks"

At 6foot 3 and 15 Stone i don't think I'm a good fit...no matter how much I wish for it although I did podium on a 250 2T once

Pontefract

Rd350ypvs was set up on dyno this week

And the forks and shock cane back from MCT

So over a grand down this week

How come fun things cost so much

I want to get my fatter frame on the 400 again and see what I can get round Aintree at....the years go by but the mind retreats. Still think i'm 21 not 46

Pontefract

"I want to get my fatter frame on the 400 again and see what I can get round Aintree at....the years go by but the mind retreats. Still think i'm 21 not 46"
. Don’t we all. I had 30 years away from racing til I went back this season

By *unMale585Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

Unfortunately I don't compete in Road (track) racing, but I do compete in British Championship Sidecarcross. Has anyone else tried it? It's great fun.

"I want to get my fatter frame on the 400 again and see what I can get round Aintree at....the years go by but the mind retreats. Still think i'm 21 not 46"

And number 46 is nearly 40... hope for us all yet!!!

"I want to get my fatter frame on the 400 again and see what I can get round Aintree at....the years go by but the mind retreats. Still think i'm 21 not 46

And number 46 is nearly 40... hope for us all yet!!! "

We live in hope lol

By *rambuie100Man  over a year ago

essex/suffolk border

I don’t ride, But love bike racing.. have done for years..

My ex GF took me too snetterton and brands hatch this year, for BSB meets.. loved it!.. went to a bemsee meet at snetterton too. shame she couldn’t stay faithful, Or sober .

I met top riders, team bosses and some cool Marshalls,looking for new friends to go to races with... going from the inner circle to out in the cold is crap...

All those that are racing next year..stay safe, nail the throttle and keep her sunny side up

Pontefract

"I don’t ride, But love bike racing.. have done for years..

My ex GF took me too snetterton and brands hatch this year, for BSB meets.. loved it!.. went to a bemsee meet at snetterton too. shame she couldn’t stay faithful, Or sober .

I met top riders, team bosses and some cool Marshalls,looking for new friends to go to races with... going from the inner circle to out in the cold is crap...

All those that are racing next year..stay safe, nail the throttle and keep her sunny side up "

I raced at Snetterton with bemsee this year

Did a classic job at the 'old' Snetterton, y'know the one with the potato field at the end of the start/finish straight!

Great fun to run off and plough your own furrow. I hit a rabbit there and cooked a good part of it on the front cylinder and pipe of the Duc. An interesting smell when mixed with Castrol 'R'!!

Any speedway or grasstrack fans here?

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

Can't beat Abit of sideways action

"Can't beat Abit of sideways action "

Indeed do you get to watch any?