FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > new, to me bike

new, to me bike

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So at the moment I have a 535 Virago, but its a bit too small for both of us, any suggestions what to replace it with needs to have a low seat height, and sub £6000

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

Any bike can be lowered. What do you fancy?

Another cruiser. Harley or moto guzzi

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

Go to a Harley shop sit on a few bikes. See what you like

"Go to a Harley shop sit on a few bikes. See what you like "

Hi Mick that's the plan today :-0

By *unglebook40Man  over a year ago

hull

Then go try some more Japanese alternatives lol, Harleys need more polishing than riding lol I really liked riding Suzuki's m1800 loads of torque

"Then go try some more Japanese alternatives lol, Harleys need more polishing than riding lol I really liked riding Suzuki's m1800 loads of torque "

Going to look at a guzzi callI and a honday vt750 this morning

The Guzzi won :-0

By *uckaroo BanzaiCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere nice

Love the Guzzi Cal.. there was an anniversary edition on eBay the week in red and silver with red leather seat and cases... just oozed class!

"Love the Guzzi Cal.. there was an anniversary edition on eBay the week in red and silver with red leather seat and cases... just oozed class! "

Yes saw that, its still on there

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Iv just got a cruiser its a pixx poor one so im keeping it a secret for now

Once i do my mod 1 and 2 I'll tell people what i ride

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Another cruiser. Harley or moto guzzi"

Sub 6k

Try looking at Triumph cruisers or more to your budget Kawasaki cruisers. Don't go for anything under 800cc in our opinion if you are going two up. Triumph have some really good looking cruisers but may be out of your budget if you are looking for a really good one

"Another cruiser. Harley or moto guzzi

Sub 6k

Try looking at Triumph cruisers or more to your budget Kawasaki cruisers. Don't go for anything under 800cc in our opinion if you are going two up. Triumph have some really good looking cruisers but may be out of your budget if you are looking for a really good one"

Bought a Guzzi California, looked at triumphs but they all had poor chrome

Durham

Sub 6k

Try looking at Triumph cruisers or more to your budget Kawasaki cruisers. Don't go for anything under 800cc in our opinion if you are going two up. Triumph have some really good looking cruisers but may be out of your budget if you are looking for a really good one

Bought a Guzzi California, looked at triumphs but they all had poor chrome "

The older triumphs are no where near as good as what they are producing today. Guzzi's are an aquired taste. Much better than the virago for the two of you. Get out before this weather turns to s##t

Sub 6k

The older triumphs are no where near as good as what they are producing today. Guzzi's are an aquired taste. Much better than the virago for the two of you. Get out before this weather turns to s##t "

The triumph were 2019 bike so not that old. Yes need to get out on it soon

Get some longer dog bones. Only needs to be maybe 2mm to make it lower.

Durham

Sub 6k

The older triumphs are no where near as good as what they are producing today. Guzzi's are an aquired taste. Much better than the virago for the two of you. Get out before this weather turns to s##t

"

Wow time travel

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

did the dgr on my guzzi today never missed a beat

Durham

"did the dgr on my guzzi today never missed a beat "

Weather was great for all who took part around the country

I got a Indian. They're nice bikes too.

By *mazon750Couple  over a year ago

Perth

I have a Triumph Rocket. It’s a beast.

If your often two up go for 1000cc plus and price range go for a jap VN/VL OR M1800 better if you can go for a shaft drive aswell. I've ride a vn15 custom

Sub 6k

Wow time travel "

Opps 2009

Somewhere nice

"Love the Guzzi Cal.. there was an anniversary edition on eBay the week in red and silver with red leather seat and cases... just oozed class!

Yes saw that, its still on there"

Don't know, it was way too nice and I'd drooled over it far too much to look again.. I wouldn't ride her enough, just polish the paint off!

"Love the Guzzi Cal.. there was an anniversary edition on eBay the week in red and silver with red leather seat and cases... just oozed class!

Don't know, it was way too nice and I'd drooled over it far too much to look again.. I wouldn't ride her enough, just polish the paint off! "

It's in a bike shop near me

Somewhere nice

Don't know, it was way too nice and I'd drooled over it far too much to look again.. I wouldn't ride her enough, just polish the paint off!

It's in a bike shop near me "

Have you seen it close up? I can't imagine getting it dirty .. would look great on the lake Garda roads though

Have you seen it close up? I can't imagine getting it dirty .. would look great on the lake Garda roads though "

Not. But tempted to look. Now I have bought one lol

Somewhere nice

Have you seen it close up? I can't imagine getting it dirty .. would look great on the lake Garda roads though

"

I have two, well three if you count the project but could easily have another ??

I have two, well three if you count the project but could easily have another ??"

We have a virago (possibly for sale) the callI arrives tomorrowith. A motograziella (project)

And a 125cc scooter

Somewhere nice

I have two, well three if you count the project but could easily have another ??

We have a virago (possibly for sale) the callI arrives tomorrowith. A motograziella (project)

And a 125cc scooter "

Might get wet tomorrow taking the GSA for its service, 900 blade coming out of retirement next summer and an RD125 twin that's been a project for 20 years!!

I had a suzuki m 1800 in Australia. I'm not sure of the UK name it was given but in Oz if was the M109r suzuki boulevard. The 109 stood for 109 cubic inches (1800cc) I've always ridden sports bikes but was tempted towards this as it was given good revues saying it went and stopped like a sports bike. Looks awesome with that huge tyre and lashings of Crome. A good bike if you wanted a cheaper V rod looking cruser. There were 2 variants, one sports / muscle type of thing and the other was a bit too Harleyfied for my liking.

By *entleman.kMan  over a year ago

close by

Work mate is selling a guzzi cafe racer 2012 very low mileage will take £4750 for it, is still on ebay bike is in Rugeley stafford. Really clean well looked after bike.

By *ealmonkeyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Defiantly take a look at a Suzuki intruder 1500/1800. The 1500 turns better as it has a shorter wheelbase. But the 1800 is an 1800, man points.

I love guzzies as well but finding a dealer who can sell is easy one that can maintain it for you not so great.

» Add a new message to this topic