FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Failed mot

Failed mot

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entleman.k OP   Man  over a year ago

closer than you know.

Bike failed its mot today, rear brake disc has hairline cracks, so won't be going for any rides till its fixed, on the search for disc and pads now.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rear discs are normally quite cheap tbf

By *unglebook40Man  over a year ago

hull

"Bike failed its mot today, rear brake disc has hairline cracks, so won't be going for any rides till its fixed, on the search for disc and pads now. "

Theres usually a reason, usually heat that cracks discs... I'd also make sure that it's not binding on the disc before fitting new parts. Good chance the rear caliper may be seized or sticking

I used to fit a spring between the pads on the race bike to keep the pads off the rear disc

closer than you know.

Disc and pads ordered slightly sticking on the caliper, easy fix, just got to wait for the parts to arrive now,then retest.

closer than you know.

"Bike failed its mot today, rear brake disc has hairline cracks, so won't be going for any rides till its fixed, on the search for disc and pads now.

Theres usually a reason, usually heat that cracks discs... I'd also make sure that it's not binding on the disc before fitting new parts. Good chance the rear caliper may be seized or sticking "

hull

"Bike failed its mot today, rear brake disc has hairline cracks, so won't be going for any rides till its fixed, on the search for disc and pads now.

Theres usually a reason, usually heat that cracks discs... I'd also make sure that it's not binding on the disc before fitting new parts. Good chance the rear caliper may be seized or sticking "

Jobs a good un!!

What he said....... And a little bit not sexy talking about bike break downs

hull

Theres usually a reason, usually heat that cracks discs... I'd also make sure that it's not binding on the disc before fitting new parts. Good chance the rear caliper may be seized or sticking

What he said....... And a little bit not sexy talking about bike break downs "

Bikers ride better

By *edonistsatplayCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

What he said....... And a little bit not sexy talking about bike break downs

Bikers ride better "

Depends on the suspension, damping and rebound.....

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Disc and pads ordered slightly sticking on the caliper, easy fix, just got to wait for the parts to arrive now,then retest. "

as it's gonna be all apart, might as well do the calliper seals while you're at it

Hi totally off thread but is calne bike show still happening

closer than you know.

"Hi totally off thread but is calne bike show still happening"
thought this was in July, unless they have a late show as well.

» Add a new message to this topic