FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > winter gear

winter gear

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i'm looking at a new pair of winter strides ... what trousers are folks recommending?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *outhessex14Man  over a year ago

basildon

I normally just layer up with thermals and trousers under my bike trousers

By *eanut42Man  over a year ago

Horsham

My bike jeans with a thermal layer under is normally enough but for serious cold I have a pair of full rst lined over trousers - oversize do I can get normal trousers underneath

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Hubby just bought heated thermals for under his bike wear

Just plug yourself in and be toasted

Lol

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

I've got a fancy undersuit keeps you hot in the summer and cool in the winter think I'm wearing it inside out

By *omewhatSlightlyDazedMan  over a year ago

Warwick Birmingham & YamYamLand

I use cyclists base layers (cost a couple of quid from Aldi) long sleeve and they also have a hood and bit to cover bottom half of face. Been using them for 2 years and ride all year round, never cold.

Over the top are Oxford jeans (can feel the breeze in these) or in the wet Oxford textiles that have removable lining inside and keep me 90% dry.

Spada jacket, traps in sweat in the warm (not good). Even during the snow last year I was still warm.

Gloves is my issue, I do get cold fingertips when it's really cold but my gloves do keep my hands 100% dry in the wet (Dainese).

Heated grips might be the way forward as I ride all year round but can not rate the base layers enough... since I've had those I've not felt the cold

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I use cyclists base layers (cost a couple of quid from Aldi) long sleeve and they also have a hood and bit to cover bottom half of face. Been using them for 2 years and ride all year round, never cold.

Over the top are Oxford jeans (can feel the breeze in these) or in the wet Oxford textiles that have removable lining inside and keep me 90% dry.

Spada jacket, traps in sweat in the warm (not good). Even during the snow last year I was still warm.

Gloves is my issue, I do get cold fingertips when it's really cold but my gloves do keep my hands 100% dry in the wet (Dainese).

Heated grips might be the way forward as I ride all year round but can not rate the base layers enough... since I've had those I've not felt the cold "

thanks for the input dude

» Add a new message to this topic